Top Members

Is there evidence to suggest the Deobandi's are in the pockets of the Saudi's

You have contributed 13.3% of this topic

Thread Tools
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
mkdon101
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
639
Brother
201
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 10th April 2018 17:07
Authorizer edit: Topic split it from Madinah fashion show thread.


as Muadh said many times as long as deos get their funding and free hajj/umrah saudi can become the new dubai. although my local imam does speak against them he isnt famous so no one hears it. never new saudis had such a tight grip on deos.

as for mad khalis u got more chance of iblis making taubah than them speaking against their rabb ( whoever is occupying throne in riyadh).
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 10th April 2018 17:15
Salaam, is there any evidence to suggest the deo's are in the pockets of the saudis??
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
xs11ax's avatar
Unspecified
1,279
Brother
893
xs11ax's avatar
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 10th April 2018 17:58
Anonymous wrote:
View original post


yup!
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 10th April 2018 18:58
Care to provide it???
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
19,201
Brother
5,546
abu mohammed's avatar
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 10th April 2018 20:29
Salam wrote:
View original post

Just ask your local Deobandi imam why the Masjid never speaks up for the innocent, suffering Muslim's in the Arab land or elsewhere at the hands of the Saudis?

Why the local Masjid remain silent on opposing the UK Moonsighting criteria which has been stressed by Darul Uloom Deoband year after year.

Why doesn't the Imaam stand up on the pulpit and condemn the treacherous acts committed by the Saudis, why the Imaam doesn't stand up and condemn the changes being implemented by the Saudis!

Let's see how honest the answers are, until then, that can remain your proof.

If anyone else cares to provide more examples, then by all means do.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
back to top
Rank Image
xs11ax's avatar
Unspecified
1,279
Brother
893
xs11ax's avatar
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 10th April 2018 20:57
Anonymous wrote:
View original post


just ask the committees of the central mosques and darul ulooms.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
593
Brother
175
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 10th April 2018 21:14
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post


This may be true in some cases in the UK, but in other cases some imams don't discuss any of those issues for a number of other possible factors.

1) not fully aware of such issues. Perhaps he does not discuss it with people and is not even on twitter. He may hear pieces of news or fake news but does not follow up on it.

2) lack of communication between the imam and congregation in general. Imam sees his job as to lead salaah, give arabic khutba and english pre khutba lecture on general non controversial topics. Occasionally he reads out notices given to him or announces an upcoming program in one sentence. Sometimes they leave it to the committee members to give notices.

3) imamat (leading salah) his his livelihood, so he does that and no more, especially since he doesn't want to be fired.

4) makes dua for Burma immediately because these events are closer to 'home'.


Recently, everyone was calling on imams to make mention of the situation in Ghouta. I still haven't heard the local imam make mention of such.



report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
593
Brother
175
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 10th April 2018 21:58
You should change the topic to specify UK deobandis because the Maulanas I know will never be suspected of this. Why? Because they do not allow us to take money for our building projects from any Arab organizations, because they think that the Arabs will give us Zakat money !
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
639
Brother
201
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 10th April 2018 22:36
why deos hav no issue calling butchers like assad a zaalim and monstor but turn blind eye to what saudi doin in yemen who i would say are suffering just as bad if not worse than syrians and no its not just shiah who are suffering in yemen and even if it and im sayjn this as someone who considers them as kaafir thats no way to treat felllow humans. we cant cuss shiah for ill treatin us bt then turn blind eye if we do it and again i musy stress SUNNIS are sufferin as a result of saudi oppression.

silence when king fahad wore a cross and refused to call him a kaafir. refusal to declare them as murtad for takin kuffar as awliya and protectors n even helping non muslims fight/kill muslims

send lavish praise for them expanding haram lol
abu jahl the dog and his fellow musriks had more hospitality. they despite being chiefs of quraish would attend to needs and spend pure income. today if salman shows up half the mosque gets kicked out so he can have mataf to himself.

silence on all the historic places they hav desteoyed. jordan syria palestine can keep historic places without shirk sneaking in so whu cant saudis?

spendiny 60m€ for trumps visit who OPENLY hates islam but tax people for hajj and umrah

list goes on but as long as haj and umrah is there to hell with the blood of fellow muslims. thats the deo stance in general.

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Rajab's avatar
Offline
Unspecified
366
Brother
146
Rajab's avatar
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 10th April 2018 23:15
Please tell us how we can secure fundings from Saudis for our local mosques and darul ulooms. The poor souls i come across are striving day and night to raise money with mild success.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 1Creative x 1
back to top
Rank Image
xs11ax's avatar
Unspecified
1,279
Brother
893
xs11ax's avatar
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 10th April 2018 23:21
Rajab wrote:
View original post


which local mosques and darul ulooms are striving?
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 10th April 2018 23:30
Apologies to post here, but i'm not a member. Just because a deobandi imam doesn't talk about saudi or anything else doesn't mean he is in there pockets. I asked for evidence and none was provided. I read alot of claims on this site, that is why I am asking on this site for evidence.
And i have heard these things mentioned in masaajid and on the mimbar fyi
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
xs11ax's avatar
Unspecified
1,279
Brother
893
xs11ax's avatar
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 10th April 2018 23:44
Anonymous wrote:
View original post


darul uloom bury, a deobandi institute received a hefty handout from the saudis. and this was when deobandis were meant to have been dead set against the salafis and their ghair mukkalid ways. the salafis were also vocal against the deobandis and what they perceived as the biddah and shirk of the deobandis.

today the deobandis and the salafis seem quite tolerant of each other. so i doubt the handouts have stopped. more likely to have increased.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 11th April 2018 06:34
Salam jzk khair for the response. When you say saudis who exactly are you referring to?? And what was the donation for?? And how does it lead to DU Bury being on the pocket of the saudis?? (Specifically mentioned DU Bury as they were referred to above).
I'm actually quite disappointed, i'm finding this childish. Can anyone please provide actual, factual and meaningful evidence that deobandis as a whole are in the pocket of the saudis???
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Muadh_Khan's avatar
Offline
UK
8,107
Brother
6,373
Muadh_Khan's avatar
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 11th April 2018 11:44

mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

When you are performing analysis you need to look at the full facts and not perform knee jerk reactions and thinking.

Naming names is not the Sunnah of Nabi (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam) and his method is to point out the issues rather than humiliate Muslims. Study the Ahadeeth and the error is usually pointed out by statements like “Some of you or some amongst you etc…”

Now let’s get down to business.

There are close to 50 British Deobandi Ulama (yearly) who get special Hajj/Umrah treatment and enjoy the hospitality of the Saudi Government. Some of them then vociferously push Saudi Moonsighting and inflict it upon British Muslims aggressively  while some don’t and just stay quiet. Whenever any of these Ulama condemn Saudi Moonsighting, they are removed from the list and lose their benefits. Many of these Ulama do nothing and say nothing about Moonsighting and life carries on. Saudi Embassy hosts a special function on the Saudi Independence day in London and Deobandi Ulama are also invited to this function (many don’t attend).

The same applies to Non-Deobandi Ulama, community leaders members of organisations etc.

Much more then Hajj/Umrah or Saudi Independence day celebrations, access is more important. Saudi Government does provide (financial) aid, Dawah material and importantly those who access to Saudi consulate have influence which in turn plays well with the British Government. In other words British Government realises your importance because you have access to Saudi Government so you are taken to be “representative of British Muslims”.

In order to retain access to Saudi consulate YOU HAVE TO:

  1. Turn a blind eye of the errors of Saudi Moonsighting or at least trivialise it and make British Muslims realise it isn’t a problem OR at least keep quiet!
  2. Turn a blind eye to every Saudi human right violation, aggression, policy OR at least keep quiet
  3. Praise the Hajj/Umrah arrangements of Saudi Government and do or say NOTHING about any issues with British Hajj/Umrah visitors encounter.
  4. You can be against all of the above BUT keep quiet not rock the boat and you will be fine.

Increasingly, Charity organisations in UK are raising funds and doing projects in UAE and Saudees can also influence you there so ONCE AGAIN you just need to keep quiet.

 BUT not everybody is ideologically in the pockets of Saudees. There are many Ulama who don’t oppose Saudia because they genuinely believe that opposing (Sunni) Saudia is supporting (Shia) Iran, the example of this in UK were the accidents around Haram a few years. Many Ulama spoke out in the beginning but then they either retracted their statements OR went quiet simply because they didn’t want to support Iran’s position.

Saudi Arabia has created and fermented this Shia vs Sunni dichotomy and promoted themselves as the vanguards of Sunni Islam so when it comes to certain issues (Yemen etc) Deobandees genuinely feel that by expressing views on this topic they will be weakening the Sunni position and strengthening the Shia positon. Pakistani Deobandees are prime examples of this scenario where they get emotional and animated about Muslim children dying in Afghanistan but stay silent on the same in Yemen. Pakistani Media (print, visual and social) usually has NOTHING on Yemen apart from Shia leaning or Secular operatives so the debate is easily framed in terms of Sunni vs Shia or Secular vs Religious. Saudi Arabia has poured millions into Pakistani Darul-ulooms and supported Deobandees and you WILL NEVER hear anything negative from any Maulana or Darul-uloom in Pakistan. In fact, Saudi Arabia and (Imams of Harmain) strengthen this relationship and make sure that they have a vice-like grip on public opinion.

Saudi Arabia is a major British partner and in the time of economic downturn, the British Government needs Saudi money. Therefore, by and large you will hear pretty much nothing negative from the Government perspective about Saudi Arabia.

Same is true for United States. Despite majority of “9/11 hijackers” being Saudi there is NEVER any public outcry about Saudi Arabia in America, unlike Ikhwan which is vilified in America. Listen to any public speeches of neocons in America and it is always about Ikhwan (Muslim Brotherhood) and never about Saudi Arabia.

This is because Saudi Arabia is a staunch partner of United States and needed to ensure that the Muslims and Islamic world is kept in check.

The role of Saudi Arabia is important for Israel and the west because Saudi Arabia (due to control of Haramain) have a strategic weapon in their hands to emotionally manipulate and exploit the Muslims.

The only Muslim community which is I slowly beginning to grasp this is South Africa. Muslims in South Africa realise that they have been blackmailed and taken advantage of in terms of Hajj/Umrah Visas and also Salafi influence. Ulama in South Africa are openly talking about and realise that they have been duped for decades.

British Muslims are not there yet and it won’t happen in Pakistan or India because there is too much money at stake. All Saudi Arabia has to do is send an Imam of Haram to India/Pakistan and public opinion will massively shift in favour of Saudi Arabia. Millions will show up to pray Marghrib behind an Imam of Haram and will cry during Salah and that will be it.

Someone like Maulana Tariq Jameel (etc) will receive the Imam at the airport and recite poetry in praise and there will be Deobandi dignitaries of Pakistan and game over. Same in India, a trip to Darul-uloom Deoband and a cup of tea will have repercussions for decades.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Like x 1
back to top