Topic Appreciation
abuzayd2k
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd March 2018 02:47
dr76 wrote:
View original post

Asalam o Alaikum Doctor Sahab. I read only one or two pages of the link you shared. Any ways! I myself was affected by black magic and wasted money with two fraudsters. I am not saying that all are frauds. However, when I started practicing Shariah, removed pictures from my home, spent time in tabligh and became regular in masjid, all the things went away. Before that I would see scary dreams. After that they were unable to attack me. Especially after doing bayt and tassawuf dhikr, whenever they tried to attack me in my dream, I would hear Allah's name by Allah's mercy and they would always fail. Alhamdulillah. It happened with me more than one time. Just before going to 4 months I saw a similar terrible dream but they failed.

Let me share a secret with you for the benefit of others. Once two female jinns came in my dream. Both the ladies in human form were sitting in the masjid. They told me not to do dhikr of Allah so much. I refused to listen and they were frustrated. Then in another dream satan wanted to attack me but when I said Audho billahi minashaita nirra jeem, he dis appeared. (And no I am not joking)

They are afraid of Allah's name. If we abide by the rules of Shariah and leave haram acts then I will see how dare these low lives could even touch us.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd March 2018 10:48
Imam Ali wrote:
View original post

You don't know what you are talking about and your stance is inconsistent. But we live in a free world and people are free to do whatever they wish.

When it comes to ailments (physical and spiritual) a Muslim is free to engage in treatments which are permissible. You go see a Doctor for your diabetes and use treatments which are permissible. A patient can choose to turn down a treatment and it is their right.

If you don’t use medical treatments or (Ijtehaad of Doctors) for your physical treatment and rely on treatments in the “Qur’aan and Sunnah” then you are consistent in your approach if you have the same stance with regards to spiritual treatments.

There are no prohibitions in using these sorts of things in Shariah for spiritual illness, Jinn, Magic, mental illness etc. Of course as a patient you have the right to turn something down

BUT you do not have the right to declare something AGAINST Qur’aan and Sunnah without evidence simply because things are beyond your comprehension levels.

AS a patient, you have the right to select treatment which you think is best for you.

Hazrat Thanwi (RA) was a Scholar who may or may not have suggested something based on his experience and if you (or anyone) else believes that he had the right to recommend a treatment so do others, research and treatment is not the domain of a single individual.

If someone was to argue that some of the treatments are not successful then again the same applies to physical treatments a lot of them are also not successful. If someone is to argue that some of those offering these sorts of treatments are charlatans and frauds, same applies to physical treatment.

Just like you would take care not to be treated by competent, recognised physician for your physical treatment..same rules apply for these sorts of treatments. 

In the end, let me repeat that you (as the patient) have the right to refuse any treatment but you don’t have the right to take the moral high ground or comment on the foundations of a practise.

+0 -0Old x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd March 2018 18:26
Imam Ali wrote:
View original post

According to the explanations given, your comment would be akin to saying not to take medications for regular illness , rather let's rely on duas and Quran and specific cures mentioned in the sunnah.

Similarly , it would then mean that we can use there remedies of pepper, fire etc without using any duas or Quran, because these cures aren't tied to Islam and are supposedly a science on their own.

I have an idea. We should have a short booklet and course for doctors explaining the various duas and remedies found in the sunnah. The doctors can then recite these on their (Muslim) patients along with prescribing medication. It can also be recited on non Muslims if they won't object.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 4th March 2018 10:36
Concerned wrote:
View original post

Not at all brother. Medically certified, and approved medification is a given of course.

I meant, if I seek a spiritual solution from the 'Ulema, I will only accept what's from the Qur'an, and authentic Sunnah.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 4th March 2018 18:24
Imam Ali wrote:
View original post

Not sure If I can explain this properly, but they are saying that the physicals items used such as pepper have an actual physical effect on the evil eye. Just like medicines have a physical/ psychological effect on persons with illnesses.

I still think someone needs to explain the origins of these cures, and the purpose behind the items and methods used, just like we have explanations for how medication and herbal treatments work.

I guess We can say we also have spiritual solutions in the form of duas and Quran to cure regular illness and the effects of the evil eye.

So I gather that they are saying Qur'an and duas can be used to cure regular illness and the effect of the evil eye, and at the same time they are also other means to achieve cure from both regular illness and the effects of evil eye, such as medication and peppers respectively.

If I misunderstood and they insist that duas must be read on the peppers, then that It would be involving "Islam" in the action, and I think that would be problematic. No one insists that we must read certain duas and blow on medication before we take them.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 4th March 2018 19:50

This thread is a fine example of creeping Madkhali mindset, throwing the baby out with the bathwater. I remember doing Ta'leem in a Masjid in America from Riyadus-Saliheen and a brother stopped me from saying that the Ummah should only discuss authentic Ahadeeth. I must have asked this brother if he knew about Imam Nawawi (RA) and he had no clue, he also had no clue about the science of Hadeeth, its gradation etc but had an opinion and was going to stick to it.

There are similarities and differences between medication and spiritual remedies.

Similarities as follows:

1. Both used as treatments
  2. Nothing wrong with using methods and tactics which are not exclusively mentioned in the Qur’aan and Sunnah, provided that these are not impermissible
  3. Patients have the choice to take or decline certain treatments. However, you don’t get to comment on the validity of a treatment if you are not an expert and neither are you able to understand the evidence (of either) without sufficient grasp and understanding

Differences as follows:

1. Medication can be widely tested and its efficacy established. Non-Muslims CANNOT do the same for spiritual remedies and use established (scientific) methodologies
  2. Physical ailments can be tested, verified and evaluated commonly, can’t be done with many spiritual ailments
  3. It is not very difficult to break down and explain contemporary treatments but spiritual treatments are beyond the comprehension of most people

Examples:

These cannot be explained with logic

1. Recital of Qur'aan for Magic/Jinn etc
  2. Recital of certain verses for ailments
  3. Procedure mentioned in OP

None of these work 100% of time, some are in the Sunnah and some are not;

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 4th March 2018 20:13
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Quote:
Nothing wrong with using methods and tactics which are not exclusively mentioned in the Qur’aan and Sunnah, provided that these are not impermissible

Assalam u alaikum

How do we know that this chilli/pepper method is not impermissible? There are some similar methods mentioned in this link, could you suggest which of them are permissible?
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#38 [Permalink] Posted on 4th March 2018 22:52
Muadh,

1)please define the term spiritual as used in the above post.

2) if the procedure mentioned in the opening post cannot be explained by logic, then how did such treatments come about and how do we know they are effective?

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#39 [Permalink] Posted on 4th March 2018 23:27
Yes I would also like to know which methods mentioned in bint e Aisha's links are permissible. Maybe there is no problem with using eggs, salt or even mirrors.

What about the colored bracelets , do colors affect the evil eye? But what about the hadith saying certain amulets are impermissible an shirk?
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#40 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 09:26
Concerned wrote:
View original post

Logic is not always the answer for an explanation!

Logic would say that we should wipe the bottom of the feet when making masah on leather socks, not the top!

Treatment can come about by trying out different methods.

Allah has told us that he has created a cure for every ailment, all we need to do is find it. So how do we find it? Try and test again and again until you find it.

The next post (below) talks about a cure just by reading a book - that is spiritual but can anyone explain it logically?
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#41 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 09:27

Reciting Hadiths of Sahih Bukhari to repel calamity

It is a famous statement among the Muhaddithun:

‘When reciting Hadith, Allah Ta’ala’s special mercies descend.’

(Tadribur Rawi, vol.4 pg.540)

During times of difficulty, fear and hardship, in addition to Quran recital and other forms of du’a etc, one practice of our pious predecessors; recent and ancient is to recite the entire Sahih Bukhari in order to draw Allah Ta’ala’s special mercy.

Sahih Bukhari consists of among the most authentic Hadiths of Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam) ever gathered. Through the blessings (barakah) of reciting these noble Hadiths, Allah Ta’ala removes adversity. This is a well tried and tested practice & is based on centuries of experience.

The Muhaddithun in the past and present would recite the entire Bukhari for alleviating – among other things-:

General calamity,

Fear and terror,

Illness,

Drought,

Personal needs etc.

Ten Quotations

1. The famed commentator of Sahih Bukhari; Hafiz Ibn Hajar Al-‘Asqalani (rahimahullah) writes:

‘Among the many other virtues of Sahih Bukhari, is what the senior Imam Ibn Abi Jamrah (rahimahullah) has mentioned:

‘Some pious people mentioned to me that whenever Sahih Bukhari was recited in times of suffering, it was removed. The ship that has a copy of Sahih Bukhari on board, doesn’t sink. The reason for this is that Imam Bukhari (rahimahullah) was one whose du’as were readily accepted by Allah Ta’ala (mustajabud da’wah) and he made special du’a for those who recited his book.’

(Hadyus Sari, pg.16, also see Tadribur Rawi, vol.1 pg.316)

2. ‘Allamah Tajud Din As-Subki (rahimahullah) writes:

‘As is quite famous, there are many experiences of Sahih Bukhari being a means of alleviating problems and fulfilling needs. Quoting these incidents would take a long while.

(Tabaqatush Shafi’iyyah, vol.2 pg.234)

3. The famous comentator of Quran (mufassir) Hafiz Ibn Kathir (rahimahullah) states:

‘Reciting Sahih Bukhari is effective in seeking rain.’

(Irshadus Sari, vol.1 pg.42, Fathul Ilah, vol.1 pg.75, Mirqatul Mafatih, vol.1 pg.58 & Al-Kanzul Mutawari, vol.1 pg.174)

4. ‘Allamah Sakhawi (rahimahullah) mentioned that during the calamity in Homs (Syria), in the year 680 A.H. the entire Sahih Bukhari was recited. After this the fear of attack from the enemy vanished. Alhamdulillah.

(Al-Wajhus Sabih, pg.21)

5. The Popular commentator of Riyadus Salihin; Imam Muhammad ibn ‘Ali ibn ‘Allan (rahimahullah) writes:

‘When Zabid (a place in Yemen) was surrounded by the enemy [in the tenth century A.H.] they were gripped with fear, Imam Ibnud Dayba’ (rahimahullah) instructed that Sahih Bukhari be divided into parts, and its recital be completed. Before the next morning, the enemy departed and their condition was eased.’

(Al-Wajhus Sabih, pg.22)

6. Ibn ‘Allan (rahimahullah) writes further, that in his era too [the eleventh century A.H.] the inhabitants of Basrah recited Sahih Bukhari to avert danger, and Allah Ta’ala eased their adversity.

(Al-Wajhus Sabih, pg.22)

7. Shah Al-Muhaddith ‘Abdul ‘Aziz Dehlawi (rahimahullah) writes:

‘Reciting [the entire] Sahih Bukhari is very effective during times of hardship, fear of attack, during illness or drought and other calamities as is widely experienced.

(Bustanul Muhaddithin, pg. 155)

8. Shaykhul Hadith Moulana Muhammad Zakariyya Kandehlawi (rahimahullah) writes:

‘Shah ‘Abdul Haq Dehlawi (rahimahullah) writes in Ash’athul Lam’at, that many ‘Ulama and Mashayikh have recited Sahih Bukhari for the successful fulfillment of needs, removal of difficulty, repelling calamity, and curing the ill. They found it to be extremely effective. This is something that has become extremely widespread and well known to the Muhaddithun.

(Muqaddimah Lami’ud Darari; see Al-Kanzul Mutawari, vol.1 pg.174-175)

9. Hazrat Shaykhul Hadith Moulana Muhammad Zakariyya Kandehlawi (rahimahullah) writes further: Shaykh Muhaddith Sayyid Jamaluddin (rahimahullah) states that his teacher, Shaykh Sayyid Asiluddin said; ‘I have recited Sahih Bukhari about one hundred and twenty times for my personal needs and those of others. At every attempt, my motives were fulfilled.’

(Muqaddimah Lami’ud Darari; see Al-Kanzul Mutawari, vol.1 pg.175, Mirqat, vol.1 pg.58-59)

10. Shaykhul Hadith Moulana Fadlur Rahman A’zami (hafizahullah)has a section in his introduction to Sahih Bukhari entitled:

Reciting Sahih Bukhari is effective in repelling calamity.

He thereafter cites the above two quotes.

(Hadiyyatud Darari, pg.75)

Recent practices of our seniors

1. In Darul ‘Uloom Deoband, when a senior teacher was ill this practice would be implemented with the motive of shifa (cure).

This was even done when Hazrat Mufti Mahmudul Hasan Gangohi saheb (rahimahullah) fell severely ill.

2. ‘Allamah Muhammad Yusuf Binnory (rahimahullah) would -in his madrasah in Karachi- also resort to this at times of need. He would gather suitable reciters and make them complete a swift recital of Sahih Bukhari followed by earnest du’a.

3. The ‘Ulama of Saharanpur also utilised this practice from time to time.

4. Moulana Zafar Ahmad ‘Uthmani (rahimahullah) would resort to reciting Bukhari Shareef when he would take ill, as a means of attaining shifa (cure).

(Ma’alim Irshadiyyah, pg.204)

5. In the recent past, the reliable ‘Ulama of Madinah Munawwarah would also gather during times of difficulty to complete a recital of Sahih Bukhari with the motive of easing hardships.

There were several individuals who would arrange such gatherings in Madinah, one of them being by the pious Shaykh, Zakariyya Al-Bukhari (rahimahullah) – an outstanding and unique Wali of Allah Ta’ala. My teacher, Al-Muhaddith Shaykh Muhammad ‘Awwamah (hafizahullah) would attend this particular one.

These are our predecessors and our precedents…

Let’s revive this!

In keeping with this, those ‘Ulama who are capable of engaging in a complete recital of Sahih Bukhari are implored to please do so for the general plight of the Ummah, and every other severe need.

This can be achieved in a few short hours wherein able reciters gather and each of them simultaneously recite a part individually.

Once the recital is complete, a du’a can be made.

Kindly remember the writer, his parents & family, teachers, students and well-wishers in that du’a too.

May Allah Ta’ala restore peace on earth soon, very soon.

وما ذلك على الله بعزيز

Note: In such a gathering there is no harm in the general masses being present for the blessings (barakah), as there is no formal ijazah that is given to the attendees.

And Allah Ta’ala Knows best,

www.al-miftah.com/reciting-hadiths-of-sahih-bukhari-for-e...;

+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#42 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 09:30

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Dead simple answer.

1. Nothing is impermissible until it has explicit proof in the Qur’aan and the Sunnah.
  2. Failing that, you need evidence to say that it is Bi’dah or can be deemed to be disliked etc.
  3. Then the actions and statements of Ulama will be considered.

There are millions of unexplained, spooky youtube videos on the topic and I have spoken to many Non-Muslims who have practises within their domain of expertise. I am not asking for people to google and adopt it willy-nilly.

I know that in certain aspects of Tai'Chi there is Black Magic/Jinns involved but to untrained eye it may seem harmless.

Take the practise to Ulama and let them rule on it, just like you would do for Amoxicillin or something like that...No different

Concerned wrote:
View original post

Allah Ta’ala has placed two Angels on your shoulders to record your deeds, please explain it to me with logic?

Already answered multiple times! Effectiveness and permissibility are two different matters, there are plenty of emerging medical treatments which are experimental (and permissible) but may not be effective OR may not be effective in all circumstances and for all people.

You are being illogical!

Concerned wrote:
View original post

See first answer.

I have said that there are many methods which are being propagated.

1. Not all of them may be permissible
  2. Not all of them may be impermissible.

abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

1. Makes no logical sense whatsoever!
  2. It is not mentioned in the Qur'aan and Sunnah
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#43 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 09:59
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

But these methods are widely practiced by the Hindus and it seems like it has originated from Hinduism (but I'm not sure).. Unfortunately when Muslims migrated from India they brought all these practices along with other superstitions. They also use camphor, lemons, coconut and other stuff.. Similarly Barelvis keep "Nalain paak" in their shops to ward off the evil eye.

These practices have no explicit proof in the Quran and Sunnah, it means these are not impermissible?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#44 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 10:07
Quote:
Logic is not always the answer for an explanation!

Logic would say that we should wipe the bottom of the feet when making masah on leather socks, not the top! [/quote]

But we have a reason for wiping the top, so don't see how that applies here.

Quote:
Treatment can come about by trying out different methods.

Allah has told us that he has created a cure for every ailment, all we need to do is find it. So how do we find it? Try and test again and again until you find it. [/quote]

OK so it is used because it has been tested and claimed to be proven by experience.

[quote]The next post (below) talks about a cure just by reading a book - that is spiritual but can anyone explain it logically?

The reason is explained:

[quote] to recite the entire Sahih Bukhari in order to draw Allah Ta’ala’s special mercy.
Sahih Bukhari consists of among the most authentic Hadiths of Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam) ever gathered. Through the blessings (barakah) of reciting these noble Hadiths, Allah Ta’ala removes adversity.

He did not say read a book of poetry written by a sahabi.

Reading bukhari is a good deed and consists of sending salutations on the Prophet salalahu alayhhi wasalm, reading duas and istigfar mentioned in the hadith, seeking knowledge etc.

What does this have to do with peppers and fire that we are discussing? If we were speaking about reading Hansel and Gretel , then you would have a point.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#45 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 10:09

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Each case has to be dealt with on a case by case basis and checked IF it conflics with the Qur'aan and the Sunnah. Take the case to Ulama and let them investigate and rule on it.

1. It could be permissable
  2. It could be impermissable

Aspirin has Non-Muslim origins, do you think its impermissable?

Biscuits were invented by Non-Muslims, do you think they are impermissable?

+2 -0Creative x 1

Jump to page: