Top Members

Happy Bday Mufti Saab - Birthday celebration?

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2018 13:37
Ryder wrote:
View original post

This posts makes sense.

People these days are looking for any fiqi loophole to halallise that which, in essence, and in reality is haram.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2018 13:54
I have not taken a position on this issue, however if people want to make a huge deal over a birthday cake, then many Islamic organizations and masjids acknowledge some anniversaries and mile stones, and this should also be problematic as it is similar to birthdays.

No one ever objects to wedding cakes , but why do we have a wedding cake, isn't it a non muslim custom as well?

No one objects to celebrating the " birthday "of countries ( independence day) , rather it seems this is encouraged. Some even have independence cakes. Shouldn't this be condemned as well?
+3 -0Like x 1Disagree x 1Winner x 1Optimistic x 1
Rank Image
Tragic-istan
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2018 14:52
Concerned wrote:
View original post

You're missing the point entirely!

We're taking about a Mufti!

edit:
So I should've known better. I missed this thread which explains a teeny weeny bit more about Americans and how Brits see them.

I'm sorry but I've started to dislike "some" of the behaviour of our ulama.

I have relatives in America too, they will be laughing at me when they see a Deobandi Imam, A MUFTI flashing a birthday cake around. Coz we've been dissing them for many years celebrating birthdays and so on, yep, they are barelvi.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Tragic-istan
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2018 15:17
OP Justifies This!

Tell me it's an American thing now!
No post ratings
Rank Image
Tragic-istan
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2018 15:21
Asaaghir wrote:
View original post

This is what it's led to...."Happy Birthday Ya Rasulullah"

astagfirullah man
www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHnegqu4J1I Warning; Contains elderly men singing happy bday ya rasulullah and cutting a cake
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2018 19:26
Concerned wrote:
View original post

It should all be condemned, but we're living in times now where any form of haram is very scarcely condemned, but only by a handful of 'Ulema.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 10th January 2018 12:44
Quote:
Mawlana Rashid Ahmad Gangohi was asked about celebrating the birthdays of children, and he allowed it. Mufti Lajpuri also allowed that in fatawa rahimiyya.

I'd love a reference for this?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 10th January 2018 14:32
Quote:
Mawlana Rashid Ahmad Gangohi was asked about celebrating the birthdays of children, and he allowed it. Mufti Lajpuri also allowed that in fatawa rahimiyya.[/quote]

- Fatawa Rashidiyya, p.567 (under chapter of jawaz hurmat ke masa'il)
- Fatawa Rahimiyya (v.10 p.226)

www.discussworldissues.com/forums/2557684-post17.html

[quote]Mufti Abdur Rahman Lajpuri in Fatawa Rahimiyah (p.226 v.10) has said that if is held to thank Allah and show gratitude for being blessed with one more year of life, then there’s nothing wrong with it.

daruliftabirmingham.co.uk/birthdays/
+3 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 10th January 2018 15:22

Concerned wrote:
View original post

We know from experience that you are a habitual deceiver and you love to twist Text and Fatawa to suit your agenda.

May Allah Ta’ala save this Ummah from your deception (Ameen).

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

You are an educated Sister so please always quote the primary sources and directly. Some of the "Muftees" being quoted in this thread do not have the capacity to read and understand the text which they quote and others deliberately twist it to suit their agenda (unfortunately).

Fatawa-e-Rasheediya:

ia800504.us.archive.org/15/items/Fatawa-e-RasheedyahBySha...

Page 567

Q:) Is it permissible to feast (and invite others) due to the happiness of the birthday of a child?

A:) There doesn’t appear to be any objections to feast or invite others to feast for the sake of (showing) gratitude towards Allah Ta’ala on the occasion of birthday or as a reminder of certain age (for children).

Fatawa-e-Raheemiya:

ia801400.us.archive.org/28/items/FatawaRahimiyah-volumes1...

Page 267 (113 of pdf)

Q:) Is it necessary to celebrate birthdays for (children)?

A:) The ritual of cutting cakes (on birthdays) which is a custom should be abandoned as it necessitates  emulation of others. However, it is not forbidden to show gratitude towards Allah and to show happiness.

Comparison to?

How the H-E-C-K do the two Fatawas above, justify this???

Loading tweet

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Tragic-istan
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 10th January 2018 15:39
BarakAllahu feekum Akhi :)

So we both agree that Mufti Kamani should NOT have posted the picture of HIS birthday cake and we both agree that he is not a child of a certain age :)

Man I love it when there is agreement with an American :):):)

So, what to do? Ignore it? Question Mufti Saab's age? Question Mufti Saab? Ask him to Justify his actions? or let it be and assume he is experimenting to see what reaction he will get! or is he teaching his students by example?

I don't tweet or know him, so if someone close to him can ask him, that'll be much appreciated.

Awaiting your response Brother Muadh, jzk.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 10th January 2018 15:52
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I'm not promoting birthday celebrations here.. I only provided reference to those two fatwaas which obviously do not justify this photo. However I believe Mufti Sahab should be contacted directly for an explanation. The discussion on Muftisays won't benefit anyone.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 10th January 2018 16:03

Asaaghir wrote:
View original post

Let me tell you a story instead.

I went for Hajj with my Shaykh and I have a habit of praying two Rakaah Nafl before Maghrib and one day I got called into his room in the Hotel.

He was seriously angry about me praying two Rakaat Nafil and he chewed me out big time.

He said, “I know what you are doing and you know what you are doing. The issue here is that people think that you are knowledgeable so they are making your Taqleed and praying two Rakaat by observing you. You need to take your responsibility seriously that sometimes people follow you”.

I didn’t understand for years as why he was so angry about this issue.

But as I have gotten much older and I can see the impact of “digital photography” with Ulama taking selfies in Ihraam and posting the pictures of their children (and their wives) on their WhatsApp profiles.

What do you think a layman would do when he sees the picture of the wife of a Mufti on WhatsApp?

People follow by example and not by text so if we have Muftees posting pictures of a cake, layman would go two steps forward plant a CROSS on it , praise Jesus Christ and then have a Birthday in a church within a decade :-(

I strongly disagree with the actions of “Mufti” who for the sake of a few likes on social media (and to appear cool) sets the wrong precedence. He could have easily quoted the relevant Fatawaa and given guidance to laymen on this issue instead of trying to go after cheap publicity. I am telling you many of these Ulama are not mature enough to actually see through their actions, they have no Tarbiyah.

In professional life, we start at the lowest level and work our way up (learning from seniors). You will see that Ulama who stay connected with their Seniors don’t make these silly errors, it is always done by “celebrity Ulama” and two prime examples are Mufti Ibn Adam (HA) and Mufti Hussain Kamani (HA) amongst some Canadian Ulama.

Mufti Tosir Miah whose Fatwa Sister is quoting has discussed an Academic position, he is a very humble person and well connected with Senior British Ulama, contrast his Fatwa with the celebrity Ulama and their behavior.

There is no need for silliness like this at all!

+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Tragic-istan
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 10th January 2018 16:08
And there's the Icing on the cake
+"Muadh_Khan wrote:
People follow by example and not by text so if we have Muftees posting pictures of a cake layman would go two steps forward
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 10th January 2018 16:31
Quote:
People follow by example and not by text so if we have Muftees posting pictures of a cake, layman would go two steps forward plant a CROSS on it , praise Jesus Christ and then have a Birthday in a church within a decade :-([/quote]

Wow , and you will blame the mufti for that. Layman are just plain stupid right. I can't believe people are arguing this.

Quote:
The problem is many of our ulama look at the "masses" as a mindless herd of sheep that need to be protected from the big bad wolf, instead of looking at them as intelligent and conscientious people who need to be educated to make their own choices between right and wrong. And so they assume the role of guardian and protector instead of teacher and guide.

Siddiq Munshi

[/quote]

With regards to the cake, I read somewhere that candles have pagan origins. But these issues change over time. Askimam used to have fatwas prohibiting the displaying of the Nike symbol on the clothes due to their pagan origins. Now they allow it. Rulings bases on imitation of a people also change with time. So ask the mufti himself. It seems as when certain names come up we are told to stop discussion and ask the alim directly. When other names come up we are free to discuss without seeking direct clarification.

2017 Fatwas allowing wearing Nike:
Quote:

Nike, Inc was founded on January 25, 1964, as Blue Ribbon Sports, and officially became Nike, Inc. on May 30, 1971. The company takes its name from Nike, the Greek goddess of victory.1
Nowadays. Nike products are seen as a global sportswear brand and does not refer to the Greek goddess. It is permissible to use Nike products.
And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best
Huzaifah Deedat
Student Darul Iftaa
Lusaka, Zambia
Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.
www.daruliftaa.net

www.askimam.org/public/question_detail/39105
www.askimam.org/public/question_detail/39104

Vs

Earlier fatwas:

[quote]
It is Haraam (strictly prohibited) for Muslims to wear Nike shoes and garments.

If a Muslim wears Nike shoes and garments, he/she will be committing a major sin.

and Allah Ta’ala Knows Best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai

islamqa.org/hanafi/askimam/16787
[quote]

. Kufr, Shirk and anything associated with it is prohibited. Nike product is associated with Kufr and Shirk as its name is from a Greek diety.

islamqa.org/hanafi/askimam/16985

"The Messenger said, “Whosoever emulates a people are from among them.” [Abu Dawud #4031] Just as it becomes permissible to do an act which was specific to a particular religion due to it losing its religious significance, and due to its wide spread practise by people of all faiths; conversely, it will become prohibited to do an act which was initially permissible, if it becomes a non-Islamic, religious act. For example, shaking hands with one hand or two hands at the time of mulaaqaat (meeting a fellow Muslim) are both established in the Sunnah. However, the great hadith scholar and jurist, Maulana Rashid Ahmed Gangohi (رحمه الله) states in his commentary on ‘Sunan Tirmithi’, “Since shaking with one hand is the distinctive method of the Colonial Kafir, it is wajib (compulsory) to abandon it.” In other words, one should only shake with both hands since the permissible act of shaking with one hand became a distinctive feature of the kuffar in his era. [Kawkab-ud-Durri Vol.3 Pg.392]"

The above was written by a qualified Mufti, however The site which that was taken from is currently down.

People who insist on shaking with two hands and who criticize salafis for shaking with one hand should look at the reason as to why some ualma placed so much emphasis on using two hands.
+1 -0Disagree x 2
Rank Image
Tragic-istan
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 10th January 2018 16:35
Concerned wrote:
Wow , and you will blame the mufti for that. Layman are just plain stupid right.

Lol, are you for real bro? you kind of nicked the cherry off the top of the cake man!

Just look at the Barelvi/Barelwi....their followers have gone mental because they don't read the text, they follow by example and add their own spices to it.

lolol

+1 -0Creative x 1