Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

ihram slippers

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 5th August 2017 10:44
salam

can anyone recommend any good footware/slippers one can wear during ihraam. i can never find any which are both comfortable but also durable. i always end up getting ones that are one or the other.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 5th August 2017 15:21
In case you end up spending a fortune, put them in a bag and keep them with you. Otherwise
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 6th August 2017 02:15
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 6th August 2017 10:12

mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

W-Salam,

Yes, we have the same concern while backpacking in foreign countries and walking long distances. Great care should be taken with footwear.

Good point, Masha’Allah.

I have some personal thoughts after spending two decades in weird forging places on my feet for hours but let me know what you come up with  

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 6th August 2017 10:58
im no stranger to the haramin alhamdululillah i go every yr. its just a despite going so many times a few things i still cant seem to master. 1 is the slippers and second is the chafing. someone has recommended lanacane from boots to rub on the groins i will try it. iv used vasaline and sodo cream in the past but i still get it.

also regarding top of the food being uncovered is there a limit as to how thick or wide a strap can be. most flip flops have a very thin strap and if anyone steps on them from behind when your walking it pops out.

ps for those who are tour guides has saudi introduced the tax rules yet? i only just got back from there after last eid will they charge me for going back so soon?
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 7th August 2017 10:05

Personally, I found the £1 flip flops did the job for me during Ihram time when I went in the 90's and they lasted throughout the whole 5 and a half weeks. They didn't even go missing unlike my room mates. They only went missing the day he borrowed them :( luckily it was towards the end of our journey.

Aftrer that, I wore Bata from India with spikes on the sole. Only problem was that my feet would turn blue, the same colour as the flip-flop itself. But lasted and still going. Comfy too

My brother bought a few lookalike Havaianas from Makkah whilst on Hajj and he swears by them. He bought plenty back home too, for himself and to give others. They are called "COOL" and cost about 10 Riyals from the MAll in the clock tower

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 7th August 2017 10:06

Not my personal recommendations, but this is what I found online.

What Are The Best Flip-Flops?

1. Rainbows

Original hand made in a Laguna Beach garage (California, USA) in 1974 by a guy called Jay Longley these flip-flops are still THE Californian flip-flop. These amazing flip-flops still come with a guarantee that if they break before they should you get a brand new pair. 

2. Havaianas

Well… what can I say about Havaianas? If you’ve ever travelled before you will definitely have seen other backpackers wearing them. People swear by Havaianas so they can’t all be wrong. They are cheap, light, easy, good-looking and more importantly durable. 

3. Ipanemas

These flip-flops make me laugh – they are 100% a total rip off of Havaianas. So much so that in the beginning I refused to buy them because they looked like fake Havai’s. But alas – I was wrong. These are in fact a kosher brand of flip-flop that are as comfortable, if not more, than Havianas. They’re also cheaper which is an added bonus!

4. Reefs

These flip-flops are bigger than Havai’s and Rainbow’s… but man, oh man are they comfy! Some designs make you look like a 40-year-old geography teacher but when Reef gets the design right they really pull it out of the bag! It’s also been my experience that these flip-flops are indestructible so if you actually are lucky enough to find a style that makes you look good buy at least 4 pairs! You’ll thank me for this nugget of information!

5. Crocs

Hmmm… I debated about putting these in because, lets face it, they are not what I consider as cool and good looking flips-flops like Havi’s or Rainbows. However… ever single medical nurse I have ever seen or met wear them. When asked why, they simply answer that they are the most comfortable footwear you can ever wear, especially when you have to be on your feet for 13 hours straight. Now backpackers walk around a lot and stand a lot so naturally these would be an ideal choice. To try or not to try that is the question… maybe next year

Source

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 7th August 2017 12:38
salam

the last two u posted look good. i will go westfield later and see what i can find. problem with the 1 pound ones are that if someone steps on them whilst ur walking they break. also some of them dig in between ur toe. for umrah its ok but hajj your walkin alot for few days so rather spend a little more and get something which is both comfortable and durable.
+0 -0Agree x 1