You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 20th June 2017 11:01
All the time I have been on Sunni Forum or MuftiSays I have been busy with all the complex, difficult and tricky issues and mighty troubles that have befallen Muslim Ummah. The situation has been all the time so tense, painful that it looks suffocating. There is vast amount of truth in this assessment. Yet I shall be failing my beloved brothers and sisters, seniors and juniors, Elders and laymen if I do not talk about the silver line and about the positive developments and the light at the end of the tunnel and abouit the rays of hope, about Basharat, good news, glad tidings. This failing is solely because of my own personal lack of courage. In reality we have lots of hopeful clues around us that should warm our hearts and keep ourselves in good spirits. In this thread I would like to talk about these things. I invite other brothers and sisters also to contribute. A brother has a thread in a similar spirit whose title goes something along Positive Initiatives by Muslims.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+5 -0Like x 4Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd June 2017 03:11
Many Glad tidings come through individual acts of piety by ordinary Muslims. The following story is a few years old.

Greenlands Only Muslim.

Nuuk: Wassam Azaqeer, a Lebanese, who lives in a country surrounded by icebergs called “Greenland”, is the only Muslim in this state who is fasting daily for 21 hours with full determination.
Greenland is the largest island in the world; lies between the North Atlantic and the Arctic Ocean; a self-governing province of Denmark.
According to an Arab TV report, Wassam Azaqeer, who is living in Greenland from the past several years and has been called “Arab Columbus” as he is the only Arab Muslim who not only managed to live in Greenland-despite the long and difficult journey, but also running a successful business in the capital city of Greenland called Nuuk.
Wassam, is running his own restaurant where he receives 200 customers each day.
The month of the Ramadan, this year, came in summer so Wassam has to fast for 21 hours and after Iftaar he only got 2 hours to prepare Suhur - the pre-dawn meal to start next fast.
In these 2 hours Wassam, also has to offer the Maghrib and Isha prayers.
Wassam says that he is very proud Muslim to be living on a state where he is the only one fasting and praying in the name of Allah.
He says he sometimes think about going to Lebanon in this holy month but he stops himself by thinking that if left Greenland, there wont be anyone to fast and pray on this land.

+5 -0Like x 5
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd June 2017 17:01
Bismillah
Nice thread Alhamdulillah
Though not a muslim, i see positive attitude in canadian president towards Muslims.
Some relief to see a non-muslim leader speaking for muslims when targeted.
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 2
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd June 2017 11:32
Umm Khadeejah wrote:
View original post
Both Justin Trudeau and German Chancellor Angela Merkel have shown exemplary positive attitude towards Muslims and we Muslims should make the best of it. Both of these happenings certainly qualify as glad tidings for Muslims and we should thank Allah SWT for these.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd June 2017 19:23
Bismillah

Our ulema and shuyook are the great blessings from Allah SWT. Through them Allah SWT is manifesting His mercy towards this ummah. Alhamdulillah we still have them with us and Allah SWT has eased hearing their bayans and getting islah through technology in these tough times of trial to strengthen us.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd June 2017 19:33
Bismillah

Many young people are coming towards deen and showing their interests in following and learning Islam even when their parents are not that religious. This I see as a very positive sight.

Irrespective of the differences we Muslims have and irrespective of the region and country belong to, I see the Muslims have great concern for each other and it pains a Muslim when another Muslim is hurt or treated unjustly wherever he is. This attachment of Muslims hearts and concern for each other is indeed a great sign of Allah's SWT mercy towards this Ummah. Let Allah SWT unite the Muslims hearts and scatter and weaken the enemies. Ameen

I see our next generation is much smarter than us. As much I am worried about the well being of our children which sometimes make me cry, I feel that Allah SWT is preparing them to face the challenges that is ahead of them. Let Allah SWT ease all their affairs and make the deen easy for them. Ameen

Allahu alam
+6 -0Like x 6
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 5th August 2017 04:11
ALIF wrote:
View original post

Quote:
We have become rather too much used to self criticism.The umma is on the rise,slowly and painfully but the signs of positive change are everywhere. Alhamdolillah.

The Muslim youth is more aware today of the problems confronting umma,they are trying to assert themselves,they are looking for ways to change the sorroundings. They have not found the way yet but they will,by the grace of Allah.

There was a time that Baghdad was destroyed by Mongoles. It was considered THE END by many but it was not ! Powerful Muslim empires ruled the world even after those tragic times ( Mughals in India,Usmani Turks in Europe and Asia). A few decades ago almost all the Muslim lands were under western occupation,now we have many independent Muslim states.Allah changes the days of individuals as well as the nations. When we were ruling the world and our civilisation was the most superior of all,the west was in 'dark ages'... If they could bounce back so can we, and we will,by the grace of Allah.

I consider the current turmoil in Muslim lands as a necessary training for the future.We are certainly becoming more battle hardened,politically more aware,physically and emotionally more tough (as well as flexible depending on the situation).

Europe learned the basic skills of civic life from Muslim Spain,now we are learning science and technology back from them.This reverse flow may prove a catalyst for our material progress if we know how to be selective in absorbing the good and discarding the evil.

The only thing we need to do is to incorporate FAITH into our modern education system and 'discipline' in our societies. I believe that was the idea behind ALIGARH movement.

I can see light at the end of the tunnel,clear,bright,almost intoxicating and euphoric :)
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 14th August 2017 05:28
Muslim Youth on the Straight Path

Amongst the glad tidings for Muslims today is that many of our youth are turning towards Islam. As pointed out by brother ALIM too above they are trying to assert themselves,they are looking for ways to change the sorroundings and though they have not found the way yet but they will, by the grace of Allah.

This is amongst the most heart warming developments.

The current phase of decline of Muslim Ummah has been a rather extended one - five humdred years old. Right after banishment of Islam and Muslims from Spain we have been on a very long leave - shamefully. In our history we never hibernated for so long. There have been flickers of very small magnitudes otherwise the slope has been downward only.

But anyway we can talk only of recent past for that is always the most relevant. In the recent past Muslim youth has been rather oblivious to the conditions of the Ummah. This is strange because this youth, this is Ummah's adulthood today, has known their recent past for they were the first beneficiaries of demolition of western colonialism.

But we can see Muslim youth today has become more aware of their immediate neighbourhood reality. They are realizing that Muslim life space is being encroachmed upon. They are realizing that Muslims are being typecast, maligned and discriminated against for no fault of theirs.

Let us be clear that the number of these youth is rather small, only a fistfull. The majority of Muslim youth still thinks that Islam is a silly burden that we carry and western way of life must be the right thing for it glitters, it is powerful and it allows unrestricted indulgence in the worldly pleasures.

But Muslim youth is also becoming aware of the perfidy that is going on against Islam and Muslims. In the west many of the are exploring their own religion and so are they in the orient. They are coming to that surprising realization that most of the propaganda against Islam and Muslims is false.

And when the youth of a society wakes up then there are few good news that are better.
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 14th August 2017 10:36
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Sir Maripat,the change in our youth is obvious and significant,may be it is we who don't know how to measure the change and which yardstick to use for it ?

If we use madrasah standards to measure 'change' in a modern educated young man we must be disappointed,for obvious reasons.Their brought up,training and environment are all different from each other. Apples and oranges can not be compared. If our yardstick is their logical and emotional attachment to Din,their interest in the affairs of ummah and their attempt to identify themselves with Din,then,significant progress has been made.

I don't know if we can take any credit for that ? Allah SWT changed the environment in such a way that Muslim youth was pushed back to us by our earstwhile enemies.

هَٰذِهِ بِضَاعَتُنَا رُدَّتْ إِلَيْنَا (سورة يوسف

What (more) can we desire? this our stock-in-trade has been returned to us
} .

Was it the Russian intervention in Afghanistan or 9/11 or as its after effects,the indiscriminate targeting of the whole Muslim ummah,the hate campaign against Islam and the prophet of Islam (peace and blessings be upon him)...all those not only made the Muslim youth conscious of their Muslim identity but also refreshed the old wounds by the hands of western imperialists over the centuries.The internet made it easy to lean,search and try to analyse issues...and therefore make opinions.Unfortunately we failed to guide them to sail safely through those turbulent waters and many drowned into the sea of misinformation leading to extremist ideologies.

Then,we failed to impress upon them the difference between "Muslims as a nation/ummah" and "Islam as a Din". We may find many 'Muslim nationalists' fighting against the injustices done to the ummah but few struggling in the path of Allah to spread the message of Islam.We can still make good use of their inspirations by channelling their energies primarily towards 'the message' as the ummah can not surge to its previous glories unless the message is fully accepted and applied in letter and spirit.

The landscape has changed,the history has taken a decisive turn and the Muslim youth is being prepared by events to deliver for the good of ummah.If we don't guide them,still they will be guided,but we will not be able to claim its credit in front of Allah SWT. We are gradually being pushed by events towards our greater glories yet to come :
هُوَ الَّذِي أَرْسَلَ رَسُولَهُ بِالْهُدَىٰ وَدِينِ الْحَقِّ لِيُظْهِرَهُ عَلَى الدِّينِ كُلِّهِ وَلَوْ كَرِهَ الْمُشْرِكُونَ
+3 -0Like x 1Winner x 2
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 25th August 2017 08:12
Personal Happiness

A student of mine, Fazley Ahmad, wrote the following post on Facebook. It was a pleasant surprise for me. If a student can start writing like this then teacher can not only feel the joy but can also relax. Things have started happening.

For the record I teach Physics and this student is from that stream - not a student of social studies or political science.

Quote:
It may never be possible to know the true death toll of the modern Western wars on the Middle East, but that figure could be 4 million or higher. Since the vast majority of those killed were of Arab descent, and mostly Muslim, when would it be fair to accuse the United States, UK and its allies of genocide?’
In the wars that followed in Iraq and Afghanistan, the U.S. not only killed millions, but systematically destroyed the infrastructure necessary for healthy, prosperous life in those countries, then used rebuilding efforts as opportunities for profit, rather than to benefit the occupied populations. To further add to the genocidal pattern of behavior, there is ample evidence of torture and persistent rumors of sexual assault from the aftermath of Iraq’s fall. It appears likely the U.S. has contributed to further destabilization and death in the region by supporting the rise of the self-declared Islamic State of Iraq and Syria by arming rebel groups on all sides of the conflict.

After 9/11, the U.S. declared a global “War on Terror,” ensuring an endless cycle of destabilization and wars in the Middle East in the process. The vast majority of the victims of these wars, and of ISIS, are Muslims.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 28th August 2017 12:41
Bismillah
But I do have some disappointment that the talents given to youth are not being efficiently used by the elders when it should be grabbed enthusiastically as that would be showing gratitude to Almighty Allah SWT. I am not just being specific about the failure of use of technologists of this ummah for simple web design of Dar-ul-uloom Deoband or any such organisations or for any aspects of deen that is being watched by the world. This can be negligence in their sight but for me it is not because when we start to represent a ummah of any region, it is important that we show the best of ourselves rather than showing some kind of backwardness when Islam does not forbid using the talents. In fact I see that Allah SWT is proud of creating human because of the abilities and talents He SWT has put in them. And I believe Allah SWT would be more pleased if we Muslims use the Allah given talents for His deen and uplift of the ummah. By neglecting this aspect, I see that we Muslims are plainly failing to show gratitude to Allah SWT. When the disbelievers proudly take credits for themselves for all the progress in science and technology to the extent of denying the existence of Allah SWT when it was given by Him SWT, shouldn't we show ourselves better displaying the same talents given to us as we firmly believe it is from Allah SWT? We Muslims should brace ourselves to work as for a campaign. We should be broad minded in accepting the efforts from all sides of Ummah and appreciate rather than having the mind set that we are better than the other. We should work like one Ummah but not as sects.

I know this post this should not be here as the thread is focusing more on positive side but I am just urging that we Muslims are much efficient enough to use our talents to represent ummah as a whole in a international platform so people hear us, see us and we can show them that progress in science and technology or any field can be achieved successfully by strongly believing in Lord Almighty as against the general notion of denying the God as we see among the educated people in the west. We should make a strong stand and our youths are very much capable of this. When we do this, I am sure the world will turn towards us. We showed our richness in different fields to the world in the past when our elders did so by sticking more to the deen and I am sure we can do the same now. I wish this ummah fully utilize the youth, appreciate them and guide them whenever they take wrong steps irrespective of what group they belong to. Allahu alam
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 28th August 2017 17:23
Umm Khadeejah wrote:
View original post

MashaAllah!

Many positive things in your post,Alhamdolillah..

• an effort to diagnose the problem
• The concern for umma
•The pride displayed for being a Muslim
•The understanding of the importance of gratitude towards Allah swt
•The attitude to show such a gratitude in practice
•The optimism and 'trust' in the abilities of this umma to the limit that the whole world will turn to us for guidance..and much more..!

It was a great lesson in positive thinking. Why you take it to be pessimistic ? It is not my thread but I feel the post belonged right here :)
No post ratings