Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#76 [Permalink] Posted on 24th June 2017 14:49

Imam Ali wrote:
View original post

For the record, my argument in this thread to Dr Zakir Naik is not based on Fatwaas of the Ulama. Assuming that you or your parents are from the sub-continent background, please proclaim this...

If you or your parents are not from sub-continent say that millions of Muslims are actually Hindus and you agree with this principle.

Aqeedah:

1. Kindly say that "you are a Hindu" as per the principle in this Video.
  2. Also say that put Islam aside and lets be a Muslim.

Halalified YT Audio

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#77 [Permalink] Posted on 24th June 2017 14:56
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Zakir Naik just uses these terminologies to trick the audience.
He also says that he is a pakka Hanafi or a pakka Maliki. Do you believe in that?
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#78 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2017 10:46
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

In summary what attitude must we deobandis adopt towards Dr Zakir Naik?
What is your Mashwirah?
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#79 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2017 11:05

Maripat wrote:
View original post

Professor Maripat Saheb,

You live in India so ask Deoband, I have no idea.

My reservations with Dr Zakir Naik have nothing to do with Deoband or Ghair-Muqallid, if they were then I would have a consistent stance with regards to Dr Israr Ahmed (RA) and Dr Zakir Naik since they are both Ghair-Muqallids.

I have very clearly articulated that my opposition to Dr Zakir Naik (not Ghair-Muqallids) is purely due to his corrosive, divisive, communal, sectarian stance and his effort in destroying the fabric of Indian Muslim unity, damaging the cause of Indian Muslims and by extension through his digital pulpit (Peace TV) worldwide.

1. I have watched and researched Peace TV
  2. I have spoken to people on the ground who have knowledge of Dr Zakir Naik
  3. I have spoken to people on the ground who have knowledge of IRF and its activities.

Things are not what they seem on Youtube and TV, these were carefully managed stage events and drama what Muslims (of India) and worldwide witnessed.

Dr Zakir Naik and IRF didn’t let slip a single opportunity where they targeted Hanafi Madhab and its adherents (which is the largest group of Indian Muslims), clear cut, uninhibited hatred and it continues even today.  My problem isn’t differences, he (or anyone else) can choose to follow whatever they want…My issues is the corrosive divisive dialogue which he enabled in India to pit Muslims against Muslims.

To top it off, Saudi Arabia of all places are giving him refuge…That’s tells you volumes about the personality and what he stands for. Saudi Arabia since 1926 has nothing but backstab Muslims and damage Islam…Why are they targeting Qatar and Al-Jazeera? Do you think they have a reasonable case? They are asking Qatar to shut down Turkish military base and severe military ties with Turkey while 10,000 American soldiers and the American base can remain. Surely you can see something there, can you not?

I have not made up my mind due to some emotional attachment to a Maslak or ideology or utopia.

You have refused to answer simple Aqeedah questions, go ahead and call yourself a Hindu and if you cannot then at least come clean and admit that there is a problem here. What he did was populism and twisted words and ideas to suit stage managed shows.

It is extremely unfortunate that you fell for the hoax.

+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#80 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2017 12:59
Bismillah
It would be really helpful if you can elaborate on what you heard from people close to him or elaborate on your research. I see you are stern in your opinion. From your post, I get the impression that he worked effectively on dividing the Muslims as if it was one of his main objectives. If what you said was true, I am kind of shocked and i wish it is not so. It would be good if you can explain in detail.
jazaakAllah
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#81 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2017 13:38

Umm Khadeejah wrote:
View original post

The whole thing was staged, what you see with your eyes is not what happens LIVE. Questions were preformatted and answers pre-determined. You have eye witnesses in India who testify to this.

Do you think that politicians are asked live questions on TV and they are able to rattle off statistics from memory? :P Rupees 300,000 crore were stipulated for transport in Pune and 17% of it was spent on upgrading rail tracks, 23% was spent on pensions. Do you politicians in India are smart enough to narrate pinpoint statistics when reporters get them on LIVE Camera? OR do you think the questions are known, answers are known and there are Teleprompters in front?

The most clear and blatant example is in the video entitled “Dr. Zakir Naik fails to prove his & Wahabi argument on WASEELA” where he was exposed in Sri Lanka.

Although its a Barelwee video but this was LIVE.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#82 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2017 13:54
Bismillah

Do you mean to say the questioners are arranged by people of Zakir Naik and staged? Do you mean to say that the reverts are not genuine? If it is so, it might have leaked long time before and he would have lost his reputation. I don't think like that. Allahu alam He might have researched already the questions and prepared the answers.
If you take Christian debates, its the same right? You already analyse the bible and you learn to refute the points and so when some questions are asked related to that, you just reply?
I see such debates in street dawah in UK too.
It could be the same while answering the questions of hindus. If you take the peace TV, normally same questions are repeated and it can be answered if you are well versed. I think Zakir Naik is well versed in his field.

As far as the other questions related to deeni stuff as you mentioned, he doesn't have good knowledge and might got stuck. This is the case with many salafis. They think they are right because that is how it was projected to them and when good knowledge is presented before them, they then realize. Allahu alam
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Chennai
Brother
#83 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2017 15:24
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Fiqh of prawns only.... after that next topic
No post ratings
Rank Image
India
Brother
#84 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2017 17:44
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#85 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2017 17:54
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Thank you for the reply.

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#86 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2017 12:09

Umm Khadeejah wrote:
View original post

What you are asking me to do is to go against the Sunnah and issue a judgement call against those who have recited the Kalimah, which I won’t do.

What I am saying is that the debates, the Reversion (to Islam), the Q/A were all staged and people on the ground who have knowledge of Dr Zakir Naik and IRF testify to that.

By Reversion to Islam, I mean the ceremonies they were staged to get the maximum coverage and maximum impact.

+0 -0Disagree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#87 [Permalink] Posted on 27th June 2017 08:53
Bismillah

Brother you feel it is against sunnah to judge the reverts in question. I feel the same for Dr.Zakir Naik. So far I don't see any strong arguments or concrete evidence to consider him as a villain. It is not because he is an Indian or a salafi or whatever. My opinion would be the same even if I am a pakistani or afghani etc. I try my best to have good opinion about any muslim individual. Unless I see very clear evidence against the person, I won't suspect him inshaaAllah as that would be a sin. I believe many who don't accept your views in this thread fail to see any base to hate him like you do. Allahu alam.

Having said that I think it is good for me to leave this thread.

wassalam
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#88 [Permalink] Posted on 27th June 2017 09:23
Umm Khadeejah wrote:
View original post

Good decison to leave the thread, though I hope that you are doing it only for the moment.
Not only on this issue but in general too we must not pursue any argument ad infinitum because internet has this limitation that we do not get any clue as to when we should end an argument.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#89 [Permalink] Posted on 27th June 2017 09:37
I have similar stories about conversions staged or they are repeated for tv
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#90 [Permalink] Posted on 27th June 2017 09:45

Umm Khadeejah wrote:
View original post

We are talking about two separate things.

In the case of someone coming to Islam, you are asking me to comment on their authenticity or sincerity which Sayyidina Rasul-ullah (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam) explicitly forbade me to do UNLESS I have cast iron evidence. I have no evidence, no research and background data on how many converted and what is their state today.

In the case of Dr Zakir Naik, I have cast around evidence, research and background data that he most certainly indulged in corrosive, divisive, sectarian matters and much of what he did was planned and staged for Audience.

You and Professor Maripat Saheb are choosing to not believe overwhelming and credible evidence of Dr Zakir Naik and IRF practises which is different to me choosing not to judge the Eemaan of individuals. Nowhere have I called Dr Zakir Naik a Kaafir or doubted his Eeeman.

Your stance is based on your evaluation of actions of BJP Government and its policies towards Muslims (of India), mine are not. I would have said the same things if Dr Zakir Naik and IRF were tried under International Law in the most transparent legal proceedings.

You two are supporting him because you believe that he may not get justice under the (current) Indian regime and Government.

There is a difference of night and day between what I am saying and what you two are doing.

No post ratings

Jump to page: