Please vote to view the results or click here to see results
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, abuzayd2k
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 7th June 2017 00:12
I was wondering if the insightful members and guest posters of muftisays.com can brainstorm ideas on how to approach this crisis whether it's political, a false flag or real. The truth is that we are and will suffer more backlash from it.

I am hoping everyone uses Muadh Khan's approach to addressing issues.

If giving ideas:

1. State a suggestion
2. Highlight why you think it would help and what the reach would be
3. Add the feasibility of such a solution or how it can be achieved realistically

If giving input on other's suggested idea:

1. Highlight the pros if you agree
2. Highlight the cons if you disagree

I hope this thread can be useful especially with myself and so many others losing hope.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 7th June 2017 00:26
The poll feature is really messed up. Please fix this.

My suggestion:

We should create a template letter for our local Masjid to make efforts with local MP's (and Police) and create newsletters for the entire community to keep everyone up to date on issues and resolutions so MP's/Police do not ignore our concerns.

Reasons:

1) I feel we don't contribute to society really. When I say we, I mean Masjids. The Imam is just for leading Salah and not the community of Muslims

2) We don't have any representative bodies (governing)

3) The media has too much influence on the public (including Muslims) and the media has been caught lying many times

4) We need to be informed and have a place to submit real complaints and fears

I'm sure someone can polish up the above suggestion or break it down?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 7th June 2017 00:44
step 1 - get corbyn elected!!!!

he wont solve our problems but at least we will have a PM who is a human and decent. biggest prob we face is legislation and media biased against us. he can at least maybe reduce that

secondly we should promote the non muslim journlist/commemtators/activists and even celebrities who openly have spoken out in defence of muslims such as russell brand, owen jones,akala, frankie boyle. please dont reply with oh one is gay other is a rapper bla bla bla
see the bigger picture.

also we as muslims need to get involved in community work and show good example. if people see us being helpful then even if the govt want to kick us out the people will say no these people are good
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 7th June 2017 00:51
Quote:
step 1 - get corbyn elected!!!! [/quote]

How can everyone contribute towards this? Any good short facebook/twitter links or whatsapp messages? My whatsapp is huge and I'm sure everyone can send and push this.

Quote:
secondly we should promote the non muslim journlist/commemtators/activists and even celebrities who openly have spoken out in defence of muslims such as russell brand, owen jones,akala, frankie boyle.

I'm good with this as well... how do we do this? Suggestions are good but we need guides, methods & solutions.

[quote]also we as muslims need to get involved in community work and show good example. if people see us being helpful then even if the govt want to kick us out the people will say no these people are good

There are many but without a good news source it's hidden away which is why I feel Masjids should do paper newsletters showcasing these charities and efforts within UK going to every house locally.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 7th June 2017 01:09
We need to counter the narrative set by the Media and establishment, rather then taking an apologetic stance, which has been proven to be ineffective.

For example.

(1) Muslims are inherently anti-British and are nefariously working for the destruction of Britain.

Fact vast majority of British Muslims that came to the U.K. in the 1950's...Fought for Britain in the Second World war and had relatives who were part of the British India Army including many of our religious Leadership. For example Hazrat Peer Sufi Abdullah رحمة الله عليه a Barelvi leader and the founder of the Ghamkol Sharif Masjid one of the largest Mosques in Europe was a Soldier in the British India Army and spent 2 years as a Prisoner of war in France during the second world war.

(2) The Muslims have been hiding and secretly promoting extremist views in their commnuities for decades.

Fact: The first massive Muslim migration to the U.K. began in the 1950's there were no extremist groups in the 50's none in the 60's none in the 70's none in the 80's first extremists groups emerged in the 1990's and were a direct response and correlation to the Medias witchhunt and demonisation of Islam and Muslims which occurred straight after the downfall of Communism and Media declaring Islam as the new enemy of the west.

(3) Muslims have been hiding extremist preachers and have been giving them Succour and sustenance to dessiminate their views.

Fact: British intelligence started hiring extremist preachers in the 1990's as agent Provacateurs, it is British intelligence services that gave succour and support to such extremist preachers. Abu Hamza al Misari, Omar Bakri Muhammed, Abu Qatada, Anjem Choudhry are all proven to have worked with British intelligence, the majority of plots in the U.k. can be linked back to these individuals.

Other plots can be linked to and inspired by Anwar Awlaki who is known to have worked as an informant for the F.B.I.
Al Qaida an organisation, was set up with help and support of the CIA during the Soviet war with Afghanistan.

Isis the Leader of this organisation Abu Bakr al Baghdadi worked for C.I.A. and Isis was created by the C.I.A. there is a video of American General Wesley Clarke on youtube admitting America and its allies created I.S.I.S.

It is perfectly reasonable to ask the media and western as to why they are blaming ordinary Muslims for being complicit in Terrorism...When in fact the evidence proves that it is they themselves are the ones who created and funded these Terrorist groups and individuals.

There are loads of more points that can be countered in the above manner but I cant be bothered, personally dont have the qualifications or the abilities and platform to get these points across and those who do seem to think by doubling down on the failed apologetic approach is the way forward.

From my limited experience what I have found is that when you point the above facts out to your average British Citizen they are very receptive, also from what I can tell Many ordinary British Citizens feel the narrative the British media is selling to them is a Lie but cant put their finger on it as to exactly why it is so.

+3 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 7th June 2017 02:29
As for the question how would the above points I highlighted above be implemented.

I used to read alot on the Psychology of influence and propaganda years ago.

The solution is quite simple, the muslim leadership collectivley should use every opportunity and platform to put the above points I highlighted across, at every opportunity. Whether its the mianstearm media or Social Media until it becomes part of public conciousness.

When they are asked to condemn Isis, Alqaida and other extremists they should do so but at the same time, also condemn those in intelligence for helping create Al Qaida and Isis and agent provacateurs.

This is how the Jewish community operates.

Let me tell you of a personal experience a couple of decades ago, I heard a Muslim elder speak of the need for the Youth to engage with and counter the media.

Being young and full of Zeal I started doing exactly that, although I did not have a clue of what I was doing... So I started writing and complaining to all branches of the BBC on their Islamaphobia , I complained to the BBC Midlands, I Complained to BBC Asian Network Radio... I Complained to BBC Radio Five Live, I complained to the BBC Complaints Department, I complained to the BBC World Service.

Finally I complained directly to the Head of BBC News department, now unbeknowst to me all the other branches of the BBC had already forwarded my letters, to the Head of the BBC news Tony Hall, I was directly corresponding, to the Personal assistant of the Head of BBC news with whom I engaged in a lengthy correspondence lasting several months both in letters and over the phone.

What I did not realise at the time, through my ignorance was that my interaction with the BBC Head Of News was highly unusual normally they forward any correspondence to the Complaints department to respond.

After reaching a deadlock I forwarded the copies of all my correspondence to Brothers who were associated with the elder who inspired me in the first place... The response was I got ignored and what-smore, they seemed to think my use of the word "Islamaphobia" and uncompromising tone in my correspondence could be construed as offensive and was inappropriate and counter productive.

The thing is these were experienced individuals, who had been interacting on issues for years... The irony here is whilst they had followed protocol, and directed all their correspondence to the BBC Complaints and had never gotten further then the complaints department. I being totally ignorant about protocol was able to gain access to the management, I even had the Head of BBC Asian Network , Vijay Sharma offer to have a meeting to help resolve my concerns. I declined knowing that I am not very eloquent when it comes to face to face meetings and would probably end up getting dazzled.

Khayr! its then I realised the Leadership of our organisations seem to be completely clueless in how to counter the media propaganda.

20 years later, I seem to be hearing the same stuff from the Leadership in our communities, we are a minority therefore we should respond in mild gentle terms, uncompromising tones and accusing the media of being Islamaphobic will be conterproductive.
+2 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 7th June 2017 17:53
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

Evidence of plots!

As super~glue said, his whats app is huge, so....

Get these videos, "download" them onto your device via YouTube etc and then snip out the main bits and send that on whats app - don't send links, not many bother to watch an hours video.

For example:
I've done it many times when the video is removed (like Tahir ul Qadri) so I started to download them onto my phone as proof and sent them on.

They can be shortened on the phone/tablet very easily and simply send it on.

Proof like this spreads fast.

Get these people exposed, show others that "They are not with us, They are with Them!"

Download the video of American General Wesley Clarke on youtube admitting America and its allies created I.S.I.S. Keep it short and send it, tweet it, make it go viral

Expose the likes of Anjem Choudry and his links.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 7th June 2017 23:43
We need to lose our inferiority complex

Support the work of Dawah, whether it is through engaging helping Muslim organisations, such as IERA, or IDCI, IPCI.
Or individual efforts via Social media etc.

Here is Shaykh Ahmed Deedat in a short clip "On Whats Wrong With Muslims youtu.be/Otc0NAY1JSA ...!

It is strange that many average non-muslims get so charged up by the media and take every opportunity to defame and villify Islam all over the internet, from twitter accounts, websites, blogs, comments sections of newspapers and youtube.

Whilst we sit around and bemoan our condition and are as Mufti Abdur Rahman Mangera put it, completely paralysed.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 8th June 2017 00:23
u need to stop accusing likes of abu hamza and abu qatadah of being moles..u keep making these baseless claims again and again. not only is it backbiting but slander
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 8th June 2017 00:40
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 8th June 2017 05:25
I think the key problem is here
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
The solution is quite simple, the muslim leadership collectivley should use every opportunity and platform to put the above points I highlighted across, at every opportunity. Whether its the mianstearm media or Social Media until it becomes part of public conciousness.

What is or who are the "muslim leadership"?

There is no leadership. First issue is how to unite ALL muslims on Islamophobia. Even with Muslims under attack there's fighting amongst Muslims on issues such as Janazah on murderers. Leave that to the ulema whether right or wrong and how about that effort is put towards a collective solution?

What organisation is best suited to unite every group to tackle Islamophobia leaving all other issues as second priority? Does any exist already?

I'm not talking about individual efforts, I'm talking about anyone working in the capacity of a "body" who has can have a positive influence on many organisations at once?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 8th June 2017 13:03
super-glue wrote:
View original post

"There is no leadership. "

Correct.

"What organisation is best suited to unite every group to tackle Islamophobia leaving all other issues as second priority? Does any exist already?"

This is beyond organisations. Even if all the muslims were to "unite" it would do nothing. Why?

Becasue this is an issue at the state level, not at an organisational level. A remedy can only be found at the state level. The state we are living in has now become unfriendly. It's as simple as that. And it's only going to get worse. Why?

Becasue the help of Allah almighty is not with us. Why?

Becasue we are openly disobeying him and abandoning the sunnah of his final prophet, peace be upon him.

How many men pray in the masaajid for the fard salaah? And then we wonder why our situation is getting worse?

How many women wear proper hijaab? Most "hijaabs" these days are so colourful and patterned that they will attract more than they will ever protect. And then we wonder why our situation is getting worse?

How many people hold on to the sunnah? Instead we are fast adopting western cultural baggage. And then we wonder why our situation is getting worse?

Look at the time, energy and resources Muslims spent in pushing people to vote. If only half of that was spent in promoting our relationship with Allah almighty, our condition would improve. This is how it has always been, there are many hadith, quranic ayahs and examples thorughout history that teach us this. This is quite simply the law of Allah. If our wordly means are little, but our relationship with Allah is great, we will win. If our worldy means are great but our relationship with Allah almighty is weak, we will lose. It's as simple as that.

But Muslims have become extremely secularised. They have forgotton the meaning of tawakul. They place their trust in voting, activism, organisations, professionalism, academia, rallies etc. Yes these are needed, but they are secondry. The primary thing, our relationship with Allah almighty, continues to deteroriate. And so too does our condition.

Understand the difference between the primary and the secondary. A chicken curry without the chicken will be a flop as chicken is the primary ingredient. All others ingredients are secondary. A car without an engine will be worthless as the engine is the primary part. Working for the betterment of Muslims whilst abandoning the relationship with Allah almighty will only cause us to detoriariate.

But we have become secualrised. Each individual has his own view on how to improve the condition of the Muslims, so the businessman will keep increasing his business thinking Muslims will improve if we become richer, the academic will continue trying to learn more and get higher degrees thinking Muslims will improve if we have a high education, the philosiphers keep coming out with new theories about what to do, the political activists keep coming out with new ways to "engage" and "involve".

But they all consider developing their relationship with Allah secondry. I have seen many "activists" coming out with "professional" materials, engaging, writhing thesis etc, but at time of salaah they will not be seen in the masjid, they will adopt western cultural baggage, they will dress inappropriatly, they will argue and bicker, they will rush their salaah (at home), they will abnadon sunnah.

We are essentially secularised in most of our "solutions". And then we wonder why our situation gets worse? They are not actually solutions. They are a love of Dunya.

+3 -0Winner x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 8th June 2017 14:42
super-glue wrote:
View original post

Not exactly what I meant by Leadership, and even the Jews dont have that kind of Leadership for the entire
Jewish community...!

But when it comes to countering anything in the media... Whoever has a platform,will put the same points across over and consistently so. Just a simple example, when the Israelis were bombing Gaza and an international "save Gaza" campaign arose.... Some Jews came up with slogan " Save Gaza From Hamas".
Suddenly Jews from every spectrum and those within the media and press, started making the same argument...Writing opinion pieces on "Save Gaza From Hamas."

Those people who hate Islam, come from all different spectrums of society but they all put the same points across over and over.... "Islam Is Evil" "Islam is Terrorism" " Islam oppresses Women" etc.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 8th June 2017 14:51
Ryder wrote:
View original post

So essentially your saying is their is no hope and we should just wait for the genocide and ethnic cleansing of muslims in Europe to take place? Or we should wait around for a generation to miraculously emerge from
our community who are in complete submission to ALLAH!

+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 8th June 2017 15:57

Nope.

I am saying we have become secularised which has caused us to over focus on the secondry and neglect the primary. I did say we need the secondary when I said:

"Yes these are needed, but they are secondry. The primary thing, our relationship with Allah almighty, continues to deteroriate. And so too does our condition. "
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1