Create an account
Most Reputable Members

Info needed on antihastimines vs nasal sprays

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Topic Appreciation
Appreciate
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Concerned
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 19th May 2017 15:33
Assalamu alaikum

I would like any doctors here to share some info on oral antihistamines vs nasal sprays. If not I would appreciate any contact info of doctors who are willing to provide assistance in this area.

People say we trust doctors when it comes to our health but when it comes to our deen we pretend to be a mufti. I say this depends on the nature of the person, the interest he has in the subject, and the nature of the affliction. I want to prove them wrong. I am not doing taqleed of the doctors "fatwa". I want to find out the views of all schools of thought first: : ).

I find in my country a lot of muslim doctors aren't interested in questions, they just speak fast and try to get you of the office. And each doctor gives you a different diagnosis and a different treatment.

So here are my questions in relation to chronic allergies in children under 6 and adults.

I will list children's symptoms first:

Every few months child apparently starts off with runnny nose and then they also have stuffy nose. They also have nasal dripping. This results in an annoying wet cough which also becomes a dry tight cough. They cough at night during sleep as well. These problems leads to wheezing most of the times ( detected by the doctor's stethoscope) or delayed exhalation ( I think that's what its called).

Medications prescribed be pediatrician:

orange steroid asthma innhaler and blue inhaler for wheezing.

Chlorpheniramine as antihistamine, which I find does not work, or zyrtec which worked perfectly.

So this is a cycle that happens every few months.

Queries:

1)Should the allergy prevention medication be taken longterm to prevent worsening of condition to asthma, or should the medications be taken right after symptoms begin? Main factors to be taken into consideration are long term side effects and preventing condition from developing into further complications.

2) Which are preferred, oral antihistamines like zyrtec, clarinase and alegra or nasal sprays?

What kind of nasal sprays are recommended : steroid sprays, antihistamine sprays, cromolyn sodium sprays or antiochlinergic sprays?

Jazak Allahu khair
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Site Support
Please DONATE generously towards Muftisays

We spend hundreds of hours ensuring you receive a quality service from this site. We do not fall into the advertisement schemes as all the ads contain elements of Haraam including Haraam Islamic links. Please consider setting up a £1 monthly donation. May Allah (swt) reward you.

Concerned
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 19th May 2017 15:44
Adults: I have been told I have a slightly deviated septum. My nose is hardly ever clear, one nostril is always blocked/stuffy. Sometimes its very annoying. I have nasal dripping sometimes , so I have to be constantly clearing my throat. This results in a light , constant cough. (The cough can also be due to a nervous habit ).

I have been told I have chronic sinusitis by one doctor and I have also been told I have rhinitis by another doctor.

I have almost the same questions as above:

1)Should the allergy prevention medication be taken longterm to prevent worsening of condition to asthma, or should the medications be taken right after symptoms begin?

2) Which are preferred, oral antihistamines like zyrtec, clarinase and alegra or nasal sprays or other medications like singular?

What kind of nasal sprays are recommended : steroid sprays, antihistamine sprays, cromolyn sodium sprays or antiochlinergic sprays?
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Back to top Post New Topic