Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Comprehensive Pakistan Thread

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abuzayd2k, bint e aisha, Abdur Rahman ibn Awf, sipraomer, tanveerzakee, sharjan8643
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#406 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2019 14:15
Who is "allama" tahir Ashrafi? Which Darul Uloom did he graduate from?
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#407 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2019 20:51

Rajab wrote:
View original post

Hafiz Muhammad Tahir Mehmood Ashrafi is a "Hafiz" of Qur'aan and not a Scholar (as in graduate of Darul-uloom) but in the eyes of certain Deobandees he is probably Shaykhul-Islam, Qubbatul-Waqt, Qautubul-Aqtaab etc etc etc

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#408 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2019 22:16
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

He is certainly not popular with the JUI-F crowd.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#409 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2019 23:06
Hafiz Hamdullah , from JUI-F when asked about Ml Tariq Jamil is in support of IK, he gave example of Abul Fadhl and Faizi.
That’s how quickly he wrote him off and equating him to them.
+0 -0Disagree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#410 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2019 23:28
As-Saif wrote:
View original post

And maulana abdul ghafoor haideri took a dig at him indirectly in his press conference yesterday.

Listen from 11:35 till 14:25

youtu.be/sn8QtjMBhrY
+0 -0Disagree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#411 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd October 2019 03:47
Rajab wrote:
View original post

It is just disgusting how this group of mawlvis are going to lengths to do the dirty work for secular and mulhids of Pakistan. They are not concerned about the poor masses and price hikes, they are concerned how will their big stomachs be satisfied going forward, under IK.
+0 -0Disagree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#412 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd October 2019 09:39

As-Saif wrote:
View original post

Rajab wrote:
View original post

As-Saif wrote:
View original post

Many years ago a Brother from Pakistan contacted me and was stressed out an issue. He told me that he had done all his research and he finds Imran Khan “to be a better candidate” compared to Maulana and everyone else so should he vote for him?

I asked him to read Mufti Shafi Usmani (RA)’s book on voting to which (I think) he replied that he has and he knows that voting is a Shahadah (testimony) and it should go to the most deserving person.

But he could not bring himself to not vote for Maulana and was wrestling with his conscience. He had no doubt in his mind that Imran Khan was a better choice and more suited.

After a long time I spoke to him again and he had voted for Maulana (and not Imran Khan).

This sums up the Deobandi mind-set in Pakistan. Yes, I know the Mas’ala and I know the Fatwa and I also know the reality BUT I am a “Deobandi” first so everything else comes second.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#413 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd October 2019 14:00
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Because deobandis know how to take taqleed to a whole new different level... when they really want to :)
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#414 [Permalink] Posted on 25th October 2019 10:30
+2 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#415 [Permalink] Posted on 25th October 2019 10:46
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#416 [Permalink] Posted on 25th October 2019 13:20
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

جو بھی آئےگا تیری تخت پہ فرعوں ہوگا؟
کیا تیری خاک سے انسان نہیں اٹھ سکتے ؟

پاکستان کی سرزمین سے ایک سوال
+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#417 [Permalink] Posted on 25th October 2019 17:18
Sahiwal incident marsiyah by Waqas Rashid.
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#418 [Permalink] Posted on 25th October 2019 20:47
Do You Want to Play Dharna? Part 1

When a nation becomes (khushbakht) "Destined to be Successful" the elders of that nation pay attention to their own islah and they also help and provide the asbaab to their juniors in doing their islah. However, when a nation becomes (budbakht) "Destined to Failure" then elders start blaming their juniors for their failure and juniors start blaming their seniors in the same manner. The government starts blaming the awaam (nation) and the awaam starts blaming the government. Seculars start blaming the religious folk and the religious start doing the same with seculars. The rich blame the poor and so do the poor. Parents blame their children and the children do the same with their parents. Spouses start blaming each other. Hence, this is the azaab of Allah that every segment of the society starts blaming each other for their misfortunes. Nobody is ready to accept the responsibility for his/her own conduct and behaviour.

Real and authentic change cannot happen with dharnas. Whether those dharnas are conducted by seculars or by religious people. Whether there are dance parties in the streets or loud emotional slogans. Dharnas only result in further disturbance, civil war, misery and chaos, regardless of the fact that who conducts it or for whatever cause it is being conducted. I have become interested in studying the history of Ethiopia that what has really happened that their people are suffering since a very long time.

Real change cannot happen by changing faces in the position of power. Real change can only happen if two things occur.

1. There is a true leader with sincere followers who know their deen and dunia and who are muttaqoon as well.
2. They are dedicated not to change faces in position of power but the whole system itself.

Man made laws cannot solve our problems whether they are implemented efficiently or inefficiently.
Corrupt administrators and leaders cannot solve our problems even with the implementation of Shariah.

Therefore, until a real authentic leader emerges with clear vision and direction, the best course for common people is to engage in their own islah even if it would be at grass roots level and with minimal effect and impact on the majority. Still something is better than nothing.

Now, I feel that current systems of islah have become outdated and less effective if not completely ineffective. It is not only amaal which have to be rectified but also the thoughts which need to be corrected. There is some focus being given on amaal but it is my impression that thoughts are largely neglected.

As someone rightly said "Sow a thought, reap an action, sow an action, reap a habit, sow a habit, reap a character, sow a character, reap a destiny."

Focused thoughts result in actions. Focused actions result in habits. Focused habits result in strong habits. Strong habits form a character. Character becomes destiny.

Wrong focused thoughts result in wrong actions, wrong habits, evil or weak character and finally to disastrous destiny.

It is not necessary that every good thought is based upon sound principles as well. Good thoughts based upon wrong principles don't bear fruit. Only thoughts based upon sound principles are effective and bear fruit. Sound principles can only be derived from Quran and Sunnah. Other than that is only speculation and guesswork which can be correct or incorrect or can be subjective in nature.

If there is a tendency to focus on the rectification of amaal without the rectification of thoughts first, then amaal become empty rituals without spirit and essence. If you don't know the goal and target which you want to achieve through those amaal then those amaal become mechanical and are fruitless. You have a car with the fuel tank full but you don't know your destination. You have tools, skills and expertise but you don't know what you want to carve through those tools. In short, you are directionless and clueless about what you want to achieve.
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#419 [Permalink] Posted on 25th October 2019 21:52
Do You Want to Play Dharna? Part 2

Those who admit this fact that the door of prophethood has been closed after the arrival of final prophet, Prophet Muhammad SAWS, must also admit that it is the responsibility of this ummah to work for establishing the Kingdom of Heaven so that all of the inhabitants of this earth live in peace, harmony, justice, material, spiritual and intellectual prosperity and love. All are able to observe the glory of Allah by attaining true peace. All are able to accept the deen which Allah has chosen for mankind without hindrance and obstacles. Not all humans are equal in regards to capabilities and strengths. Some are more privileged than others. Some have more intelligence than others, some have more physical strength than others, some have more wealth than others, some have more knowledge and understanding than others. Not all can gain the first position in a class. Likewise, not all can have very very strong iman to fight the tides of evil and resist the oppression of the zalimoon. The weak require the help of the strong. Therefore, it is a duty of all able and privileged muslimeen to do something concrete in order to establish the system of justice, prosperity and true peace (Shariah) for all without any distinction between rich and poor, Arab or non Arab, Muslim or non Muslim, white or black, strong or weak.

The Jews firmly believe in the concept of Kingdom of Heaven (Judaic Model) and they are working for it. The Christians firmly believe in this concept and are aiding the Jews for it. However, they don't have the correct teachings and Shaitan has tricked them into believing that they are justified to do whatever they are doing. We Muslims have the correct teachings but alas! Shaitaan has fooled the majority of us in regards to our goal and purpose of life. Most of us believe that we are here to work for Jannah by doing good deeds. However, not many of us understand that we are also here to establish the law of Allah on earth as Khalifa of Allah so that not only do we work for attaining Jannah but with us the majority of mankind is also able to work for Jannah.

You are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind) 3:110

Al-Bukhari recorded that Abu Hurayrah commented on this Ayah, "(You, Muslims, are) the best nation of people for the people, you bring them tied in chains on their necks (capture them in war) and they later embrace Islam.'' Similar was said by Ibn `Abbas, Mujahid, `Atiyah Al-`Awfi, `Ikrimah, `Ata' and Ar-Rabi` bin Anas that...

Tafsir Ibn Kathir Chapter 3 Verse 110

In the Muslim world today, the main confrontation is not between the Muslimeen and Kuffar but the main challenge is the conflict between deep and practicing Muslims and shallow non practicing Muslims.

I admit that sometimes I can be naughty, but most of the times my intention is not to tease the intellectuals when I ask them about the solution. It is not my intention to undermine their efforts or challenge their expertise. However, I have always tried to draw their attention to this fact that we need the "how" of things as much as we need the "what" of things. Only "what" is not enough. I pardon for my inadequacy, but I am of the impression after reading "some" threads of this forum that so far a lot of attention is being paid on "what" and not "how".

For instance, I have asked repeatedly that what is the solution of Nepotism but so far there is no reply.

Yes we need patience to succeed but how can we attain this quality. What is the accessible and practical system to gain patience. You can deliver a talk of 60 minutes and speak about 120 virtues of patience in the light of Quran and Ahadith which could trigger the urge to be patient. However, how will we attain patience and other good qualities which are the basis of a good character? I am not talking about outdated systems. I am talking about up to date systems which could fulfill our needs today in this age. We are not living in ancient times. We are living in an age where we as a whole are very weak and are under tremendous pressure from global secular liberal dominance.
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#420 [Permalink] Posted on 25th October 2019 22:13
Do You Want to Play Dharna? Part 3 (Last Part)

If experts are not ready to pay attention to the "how" of things and if they are not ready to provide guidance in order to create or generate practical systems through which we could acquire these qualities then gentlemen, do not overreact when non-experts try their best to suggest solutions. Correct the non experts but with patience and wisdom. Otherwise, play your part. When you people realize that when generally ulema will not pay attention on modern dawah methods then people like late Dr.Israr Ahmed Rh and NAK who are not ulema will come forward to serve deen and being non alims they will commit mistakes and even blunders. Then the same rule applies on you experts that if you will not play your part in suggesting or creating the "how" of solutions then the non experts have to venture in this field and do something.

Come out of this tribe mentality that we are scientific and everything in Muslims with modern education is green. And we are religious and everything in madaris is green. Everybody has his strengths and weaknesses. Others' weaknesses are not your strengths and your weaknesses are not others' strengths. Instead of blaming each other for their incompetencies, fill the gap and try to do your best in the area what others cannot do but you can.

We do not need destructive criticism even if the intention behind is to do islah. This method can only do further damage and destruction instead of true, effective and meaningful islah. We need hope and optimism in these times of difficulty and humiliation. Remember this! With positive thinking, one can keep moving forward despite of harsh opposition and difficult terrain with meager means. However, if one's attitude is negative and defeating then even resources of all the world and expertise of the highest order in every field cannot save you from destruction and collapse.

...and advised each other to truth and advised each other to patience (Surah Al Asr Verse 3)

Some members here become too harsh and judgmental while differing with others. Everyone has the right to hold and express his/her opinion in the best of manner. However, it is inappropriate to doubt someone's intentions. Criticize the judgement but not the one who is giving it. Hate sin and not the sinner. If someone is weak in his research or his research methods are not high quality then suggest tips, articles and books to improve research methodologies. Create courses to enhance that capability. A good start can be Mortimer J Adler's book "How to Read a Book". Just stating that you are uneducated is not enough. Do something fruitful with your high level of education. Secondly, some members are too picky about minor factual errors or silly spalling mikstakes. Despite of knowing the message behind the post they are complaining about these minor mistakes and are fond of issuing fatwas without mercy. This is a total waste of time and time is precious and scarce. for instance, there is a member here who writes all his posts in small caps. However, I have no problem in it. Yes his posts are not aesthetically pleasing to read but one can easily understand the message of the content. So there is no use to be fussy about petty things.

Also, some members completely lack Husn e Dhann. It doesn't mean that if a person has made a mistake then you declare him a liar, fasiq, hypocrite or even kafir just like that. These are very serious terms and one must practice caution while issuing fatwas against those whom one disagrees with. What is the difference between those who wrongly accuse others of the things they haven't done or try to put statements in other's mouths which others haven't said or meant, knowing fully what others have meant and those jokers of Sunni Tehreek who accused, attacked and abused Junaid Jamshed Rh. Is this education? Is this intellect? Is this civilization? Is this culture? Is this sophistication? Is this eloquence? If we must take precaution in calling a famous personality a Jew because of his dubious relatives, the same rule applies for members of the forum. Remember the rule of 99 taweelat of a person's statement leading him to kufr and only 1 taweel which can save his iman. Reminding the other person of judgement day from time to time whenever the other person disagrees with you or shushing someone with cheap psychological tricks is not coarse of the wise. Our intellectuals must exert their energies to grill the enemies of Islam. They must confront salman rushdie, taslima nasrin, tarek fatah, hassan nisar, pervaiz hoodbhoy, javed ghamdi, richard dawkins and their likes instead of grilling believers.

O you who have believed, avoid much [negative] assumption. Indeed, some assumption is sin. And do not spy or backbite each other. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his brother when dead? You would detest it. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is Accepting of repentance and Merciful. (Surah 29 Verse 12)

Lastly, by saying this that we are powerless and we can't do anything, the experts then are following the footsteps of conspiracy nutjobs who blame all their misery on hidden networks connected with satanic cults. Yes! We can't do all the things but we still can do many things. We are technologically behind but still we have managed to defeat the kuffar in Afghanistan with Allah's help. We can still do much more if we have the right attitude. Instead of blaming the ulema or the modernists alike, join hands with the good folks in each field and become a co-operative team which could lead and help this ummah out of chaos and humility. It is useless to nag the so called religious and secular leaders of this ummah. If they are not awake or active then take appropriate actions and fill the role of leadership and inspire others. Maybe, they will wake up when they will realize that some one more competent than them is trying to make a difference.

Some people are good in analyzing things and they have a clear mind while others are better in doing things properly but find it difficult to think of better ideas. If both kinds of people join hands then they can do wonders. And this is the nature of dawah that you share your ideas even if you don't have the power to do anything. Who knows that someone influential is searching for the truth, stumbles upon muftisays, finds this thread, reads and is inspired by someone's post and makes a positive difference by implementing that idea using his position of power.

United we stand, divided we fall.

Afrad ke hathon mein hai aqwaam ki taqdeer
Har fard hai millat ke muqaddar ka sitara

The destiny of a nation is in the hands of individuals
Each person plays his part in shaping the destiny of an ummah

Allama Iqbal RH
No post ratings

Jump to page: