Create an account
Most Reputable Members

women, masjid, dinners, fun days, double standards

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Topic Appreciation
Appreciate
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Concerned
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 11th March 2017 17:33
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Not seeing the images, not sure If its my connection.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Site Support
Please DONATE generously towards Muftisays

We spend hundreds of hours ensuring you receive a quality service from this site. We do not fall into the advertisement schemes as all the ads contain elements of Haraam including Haraam Islamic links. Please consider setting up a £1 monthly donation. May Allah (swt) reward you.

Concerned
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 13th March 2017 20:53
Bint e Aisha could you please reupload the images so I can see what Mufti Taqi wrote?

After re reading bro Muadh's other thread on the hanafi ruling of women going to the masjid, I think we would both agree that all women should not be totally banned from the Masjid/ eid salah. I still wish he would answer my query in this thread.

If not then my last post would be that at least in the adversitised events there is proper facilities for men and women and the event is beneficial and a means of reward. Sadly it has reached the stage where the mentally of some ulama and members of communities is that when it come to any ' Islamic' event they hold reservations and are not enthusiastic of men and women attending as a family, but when it comes to any other general activity organized by non Muslims in a far from ideal environment, women in the community and even a few ulam are enthusiastic about attending and even encourage others to join them in the activities. The community on a whole also do not come out and condemn women participating in these events as as they do for eid. The Muslim participants themselves will not take part in haram directly, but the conditions in which these events are held will be far from ideal and even haram. I have clear examples to give but I would rather not at this time. I guess In their eyes there is one set of rules when it comes to Masjid,eid and even any Islamic activity, but when it comes to anything else these rules don't apply.
No post ratings
bint e aisha
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2017 10:07
I've uploaded the images from another site, but still they are not shown here..i don't know what the problem is!
No post ratings
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2017 10:23
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Can you save it to your desktop (or mobile device) and upload it as an attachement. (if you don't see the option for attachment, click - Go Advanced - next to Post Reply (if you are using the Plain Editor)
Ryder
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2017 10:48
Just a few things I can think of:

1. We live in an extremely feminist era, where extreme feminist values have taken root in many Muslim minds. When doors of masjid are flung wide open for women, many women want equal participation and facilities as men, witout any respect shown towards the recommendations of Prophet peace be upon and sahaba. Better to keep facilities for women limited in masjid to control further corruption.

This issue will NOT be at other Islamic events like in parks or centres, becasue those are only booked out at specific times and days, so once those days are passed, women can't claim any more. Masaajid are always there, so women will slowly, as is clearly apparent in this feminist era today, are claiming more and more rights in the masjid, without any respect shown to the recommended sunna practices.

2. Many women today, due to ignorace, and often times arrogance also, don't care if they are in a clean state or not (mensturating), and will go into massajid in this state. Of course their rooms can be considerered as not part of the shari masjid so it would be ok, but unfortunatley due to general jahillaya from committees, often times their rooms are also made as part of the shari masjid.

3. Women usually have the children with them. Due to ignorance and general foolishness, I been told of women changing nappies within the masjid in the prayer area, right ontop of the prayer mats.

4. When you enter the masjid, you want to shut off all the fitnah found outside the masjid for the small amount of time in the masjid. When women dressed in hijabs that attract more than they will ever protect come inside the masjid with you then instread of focusing on zhikr, Quran and salaah, your back to focusing on lowering your gaze instead just like outside.

When you go to other events outside masjid, you know you will have to focuse on lowering your gaze anyway so it don't matter if women are there.

5. Often times resources of space (prayer space, parking space) are limited in masaajid, so lets get the priorities right from the sunnah, let men fulfill their obligations with as little obstruction as possible, without the women taking up unessacerily half the space of praying, and half the space of parking cars, maybe making some men even miss the eid salaah as they have to go further afield to park their cars, becasue women have taken some of the space.

I absolutley agree with having a space in the masjid for women to come and pray their salaah (especailly needed when they are travelling), maybe hold a taleem and gathering etc, but lets be realistic, the way people are viewing its practical application today is far from the sunnah and directly from the infiltration of the feminsit mindset.
Like x 1
Ryder
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2017 11:09
The main difference to remember is that the rights and sanctitiy of the masjid needs to be considered when thinking about womens activities there. This is not considered at other Islamic events in other venues (even in the masjid car park), hence much easier to accommodate women. This is not hypocrasiy, this differentiating between the venues.

Some more food for thought here with regards to the rights and sanctity of the masjid and women.

www.albalagh.net/women/0101.shtml

No post ratings
Muadh_Khan
Rank Image
Longevity:
40%
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2017 12:16

Ryder wrote:
View original post

Our Brother is unable to unwilling to consider the following differences:

1. Between a Mosque (Shariah designated Prayer Area) and a Building (used for Islamic purpose)
  2. Between Prayer (Shariah designated act of worship) and a Study group or Charity Event (etc)
  3. Between Eid Salah (twice a year) and a Community Event.
  4. Between the rights and sanctity of a Mosque (Shariah designated Prayer Area) and rights of an individual 

4th is extremely important and Jazakallahu Khayran for pointing it out.

Due to lack of distinction, he lumps all of the above in a single category and then issues summary judgements and points out contradictions which are not as clear as his mind sees.

Anybody else should see the distinctions and then call for improvements for our Sisters. I have vocally and clearly advocated a rethink on this issue, nevertheless I strongly disagree with this Brother’s method of lumping everything in a single basket and treating everything as the same, when it isn’t!

No post ratings
bint e aisha
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#38 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2017 12:21
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I took these photos from a book, then uploaded them on imgbb to give url to these images and then pasted the image url there. Am i missing something? How do you upload images? Which image hosting websites do you use?
No post ratings
WifaqulUlama
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#39 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2017 12:21
In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh

The issue is under consideration by a panel of Ulama and as soon as a Judgement I ready it will be publicly released with the names of Ulama who have considered and ruled upon it.

www.wifaqululama.co.uk/
Winner x 1
Concerned
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#40 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2017 13:22
I have some responses to Ryder's post, and bro Muadh insists of taking the time out to point out my errors and faults but refuses to address my query to help me fix my errors.

But instead of going back and forth I will wait for the judgement released by Wifaqul ulama. JazakAllahu khairan.
No post ratings
Muadh_Khan
Rank Image
Longevity:
40%
#41 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2017 13:31

Concerned wrote:
View original post

Your query is based on a false understanding and inability to distinctly identify different strands of an issue. If someone proceeds with answering your queries without first clearly highlighting the errors which led to the queries it will be nothing but an exercise in futility.

No post ratings
Concerned
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#42 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2017 13:40
Are you willing to provide evidence for my errors in understanding? If so I would like to correspond with you via email.
No post ratings
Muadh_Khan
Rank Image
Longevity:
40%
#43 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2017 13:57
Concerned wrote:
View original post

No need for private discussions just your willingness to engage and try to see another point of view.

We can disagree at the end of it, no problems.
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
No post ratings
Muadh_Khan
Rank Image
Longevity:
40%
#44 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2017 14:15

WOMEN IN THE MOSQUE DIALOGUE: POINT 1- WHAT IS A MOSQUE?

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh

A MOSQUE in Islam is a special designated building clearly, deliberately and exclusively made for acts of worship. The foundation of this designation is in various verses of the Qur’aan and Ahadeeth, for example:

[9:18] The mosques of Allah are only to be maintained by those who believe in Allah and the Last Day and establish prayer and give zakah and do not fear except Allah , for it is expected that those will be of the [rightly] guided.

There are acts which CANNOT be done anywhere else but in this designated area for example Aitekaaf and it is in various verses of the Qur’aan and Ahadeeth, for example:

Narrated by 'Aisha (RA) The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to (put) bend his head (out) to me while he was in Itikaf in the mosque during my monthly periods and I would comb and oil his hair. [Bukhari]

Salah can be performed on any place on Earth and not exclusively in a Mosque. Any pace, any building, any garden, any park, any room can be used for this purpose (provided that it is clean).

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The earth has been made for me a place of prayer and purification, so whenever the time of prayer comes for any man of my ummah, let him pray. [Bukhari]

But just because you have prayed in a room or a building it DOES NOT make it a MOSQUE! There is no Scholar (to my knowledge) who has stated that a place of worship becomes a MOSQUE but each MOSQUE is a Place of worship.

For example I am at work and I will go into a Meeting room and pray and others also use this (Meeting) room but it is NOT a MOSQUE. It remains a (Meeting) room.

If you disagree with any of this provide your evidence.

No post ratings
Concerned
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#45 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2017 14:21
I agree with everything, but could we have a women at the open air eid salah ( not in masjid) dialogue first, as to me that is more related to the family fun days, and is simpler to discuss.
No post ratings
Back to top Post New Topic Locked

Jump to page: