Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Is hadith related to zikre khafi against quran verse?

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
ibn Ismail
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 10th August 2016 21:19
Assalamualaikum. The hadith which is also mentioned in fazaile amal and in musannaf abi shaibah,musnad abi yala and so on narrates: Hazrat Ayesha, mother of believers (may Allah be pleased with her) narrates that Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said the zikr (remembering Allah) which cannot be known to the Kiram an-Katibin, is seventy times superior to other types of zikr that they can listen i.e. verbal remembrance. On the Day of Judgment, mankind will be called to reckoning by Him and the Kiram an-Katibin directed to produce the Register of Conduct of every person. Angels will present everything that they remembered or have written. These Angels will be commanded to re-examine the records to see if any of their deeds remained unrecorded. They would submit that everything what we know or remembered had been duly put down.
On this ALLAH almighty Shall then inform the person that I have one good deed that these angels do not recognize and I will give you reward for this and this goog deed is the secret (hidden or veiled remembrance (Zikar-e-khafi).

But in quran it says sura infitar 10:12 And indeed, [appointed] over you are keepers,Noble and recording;who know whatever you do.

and Surah Al-Kahf 49: "Woe to us! What sort of a book it is, it has left nothing unrecorded of our doings, small or great. They will see before them everything, whatever they had done."

1. what is the authencity of the hadith?
2. how can some deeds be left out by angels and not written down although quran says they write everything including our intentions too.
3. Is there any other deeds which will be only known to Allah? Am not talking about how many time more reward or the amount of reward Allah will give, because the reward of fasting is only known to Allah but it will be written down that we fasted at those day. Its not like zikre khafi that we will not see our deeds at all.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 10th August 2016 23:20
abu nusayba wrote:
View original post

Interesting topic!

Anyways, came across this:

Quote:
Zikr with the heart
In the name of Allah, the most Beneficent, the most Merciful.

Answer
Qadi Thanaullah Pani Pati in his “Tafsir Mazhari” has written that there are three types of zikr:

1. Oral, loudly

2. Oral, silently

3. Spiritual, within the heart known as Zikr Qalbi

Zikr Qalbi is that zikr which has nothing to do with words by the mouth and as such cannot even be detected by he Kiram Kaatibeen. Imam Abu Yala narrates quoting Saaidah Aaishah Radiallahu Anha that the Prophet of Allah Sallallahu Alahi Wasalam said: Zikr Qalbi, which cannot be discerned by the Kiram Kaatibeen, is seventy times superior to other types. On the Day of Judgement mankind will be called to reckoning by Him and the Kiram Kaatibeen will be directed to produce the register of conduct of everybody. The angels will be commanded to re-examine the records to see if any of their good deeds remained unrecorded. They would submit that everything within their reach had been duly put down. Allah will inform them that a good deed, which they could not discern and hence were unable to record, was Zikr Qalbi… (Tafsir Mazhari p.41 v.3)

Moreover the superiority of silent zikr can be established through the Holy Qur’an and Hadith of the Prophet of Allah Sallallahu Alahi Wasalam.

Allah (SWA) in the Holy Qur’an has said:

“And do then (O Muhammad) remember your Lord within yourself humbly and with awe, below your breath, at morning and evening. And do not be neglectful. (Surah Araf v.205)

Maulana Yusuf Binnori (RA) explains this verse in his Nafkhat al Amber Min Hadi ash Shaikh Anwar p135:

“Sheikh Anwar Shah Kashmiri said: “We confine ourselves strictly to the meaning of this verse. It pertains to Zikr and not to Salah, though the latter is also a form of zikr. It implies Zikr Qalbi whereas Salah is Zikr Lisani…”

Saaiduna Abu Saeed Radiallahu Anhu narrates that the Prophet of Allah the Prophet of Allah Sallallahu Alahi Wasalam said, “The best zikr is Zikr Khafi” (Al Targhib wat Tarheeb p.160 v.4)

Saaiduna Saad Bin Abi Waqqas Radiallahu Anhu states that he heard the Prophet of Allah Sallallahu Alahi Wasalam saying “The best zikr is Zikr Khafi.” (At Targhib wat Tarheeb p.537 v.2)

Only Allah Knows Best

Mohammed Tosir Miah

islamqa.org/hanafi/daruliftaa-birmingham/20389

And Allah knows best. These topics baffle me, so I can't be of further help.
+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 11th August 2016 15:04

I am not saying that abu nusayba dribbles but referring to the Dribble itself!

Salafi Dribble wrote:
how can some deeds be left out by angels and not written down although quran says they write everything including our intentions too.

عَنْ ابْنِ عَبَّاسٍ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُمَا عَنْ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ ، فِيمَا يَرْوِي عَنْ رَبِّهِ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ قَالَ : ( إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَتَبَ الْحَسَنَاتِ وَالسَّيِّئَاتِ ثُمَّ بَيَّنَ ذَلِكَ فَمَنْ هَمَّ بِحَسَنَةٍ فَلَمْ يَعْمَلْهَا كَتَبَهَا اللَّهُ لَهُ عِنْدَهُ حَسَنَةً كَامِلَةً فَإِنْ هُوَ هَمَّ بِهَا فَعَمِلَهَا كَتَبَهَا اللَّهُ لَهُ عِنْدَهُ عَشْرَ حَسَنَاتٍ إِلَى سَبْعِ مِائَةِ ضِعْفٍ إِلَى أَضْعَافٍ كَثِيرَةٍ وَمَنْ هَمَّ بِسَيِّئَةٍ فَلَمْ يَعْمَلْهَا كَتَبَهَا اللَّهُ لَهُ عِنْدَهُ حَسَنَةً كَامِلَةً فَإِنْ هُوَ هَمَّ بِهَا فَعَمِلَهَا كَتَبَهَا اللَّهُ لَهُ سَيِّئَةً وَاحِدَةً )

Narrated from Ibn ‘Abbas (RA) that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said, relating from his Lord, may He be glorified and exalted: “Allah decreed good deeds and bad deeds, then He explained that. Whoever thinks of doing a good deed then does not do it, Allah will write it down as one complete good deed. If he thinks of doing a good deed and then does it, Allah [may He be glorified and exalted] will write it down between ten and seven hundred fold, or many more. If he thinks of doing a bad deed then he does not do it, Allah will write it down as one complete good deed, and if he thinks of it then does it, Allah will write it down as one bad deed.” [Bukhari]

+3 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 13th August 2016 01:46
What Allah will write down refers to what angels will write down. Because angels can read our mind. Zikr khafi refers to deed which arent written down at all. The reward of your intention can be read in your deed book but zikre khafi not. Open your eyes next time before you reply. Jazakallahu khairan.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 13th August 2016 01:52
Ibn Taymiyah (may Allah have mercy on him) said: They smell a good smell or a bad smell [meaning the angels, who smell a good smell when a person is thinking of a good deed, as was narrated from Sufyan ibn ‘Uyaynah]. But the devils do not need that [smell] in order to know; rather they even know what is in the heart of the son of Adam, and they see and hear what he says to himself. Moreover, the devil has full control over man’s heart, then when man remembers Allah he withdraws, and when he neglects to remember Him, he whispers to him. He knows whether he is remembering Allah or is neglecting to remember Him, and he knows the whims and desires of his heart and makes them appear attractive to him.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 13th August 2016 04:28
Quote:
rather they even know what is in the heart of the son of Adam, and they see and hear what he says to himself. [/quote]

Can you please give proofs for this.

I had asked Mufti Faisal Riza Saheb of Australia (student of Mufti Ebrahim Desai Saheb) a query regarding excessive wasaawis reproduced here under, with emphasis added to portions that contradict the above quoted portion.

[quote]Question:

As-salam-u-'Alaykum mufti sahab
I have also lot of waswasa on my state as a believer i.e. I have doubt whether I have committed shirk, on evil thoughts in which I am saying evil things, and also when I bend or crouch I get under tension of fear of committing shirk, so what should be my approach?

JazakAllah.

Answer:

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيْم

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

These are mere whispering of Shaitaan. Even the Sahaba (Radiyallahu Anhum) used to get such whisperings. Once when they got worried due to the whiperings and consulted the Prophet (sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam), he told them that that is clear imaan. In other words, when a person gets whisperings and he gets worried by them, it is clear proof that he has iman. If he did not have iman, he would not have become worried.

The way to be cured of whisperings is to ignore them. You see, Shaitan wants to make Muslims worried, guilty, depressed and sad through his whiperings. If he sees that his whiperings are having the desired effect, he will continue until the symptoms become worse and worse and worse. Shaitan has no mercy. His ultimate aim is to make one ungrateful, and hopeless and depressed so that he stops obeying Allah Ta'ala and ends up in Jahannam, with him.

One the other hand, if Shaitan sees that you are not being affected by his whipersings, he will gradually stop and will pick on someone more vulnerable.

Instead of becoming worried and sad by these whiperings, exhibit happiness, cheerfulness and even ecstasy when you get these whisperings. This will make Shaitan hopeless and he will think that his whisperings are having the opposite effect; and therefore he will gradually leave you alone. Obviously, Shaitan does not have knowledge of the unseen to know that you are faking the happiness.

Also, everytime you get such whisperings, you can think of the greatness of Allah Ta'ala that how He has made the hearts of humans such that they contain endless streams of thought. This will also cause Shaitan to gradually leave you alone.

Also, read our answer on depression.

And Allah Ta'ala knows best

Mufti Faizal Riza
14/2/2013

Darul Ifta Australia
www.mufti-online.net
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 14th August 2016 07:57
abu nusayba wrote:
View original post

رقم الحديث: 110
(حديث قدسي) نا نا يَعْقُوبُ بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ الْبَزَّازُ , ثنا أَبُو حَاتِمٍ الرَّازِيُّ ، ثنا الْحَجَبِيُّ ، ح وَنا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ مَخْلَدٍ , نا أَحْمَدُ بْنُ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ أَنَسٍ , نا عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ عَبْدِ الْوَهَّابِ الْحَجَبِيُّ , نا الْحَارِثُ بْنُ غَسَّانَ ، حَدَّثَنِي أَبُو عِمْرَانَ الْجَوْنِيُّ ، عَنْ أَنَسٍ , قَالَ : قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ : " يُجَاءُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ بِصُحُفٍ مُخْتَمَةٍ فَتُنْصَبُ بَيْنَ يَدَيِ اللَّهِ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ , فَيَقُولُ اللَّهُ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ لِمَلائِكَتِهِ : أَلْقُوا هَذَا وَاقْبَلُوا هَذَا , فَتَقُولُ الْمَلائِكَةُ : وَعِزَّتِكَ مَا رَأَيْنَا إِلا خَيْرًا , فَيَقُولُ وَهُوَ أَعْلَمُ : إِنَّ هَذَا كَانَ لِغَيْرِي ، وَلا أَقْبَلُ الْيَوْمَ مِنَ الْعَمَلِ إِلا مَا كَانَ ابْتُغِيَ بِهِ وَجْهِي " .

library.islamweb.net/hadith/display_hbook.php?bk_no=542&h...

That's in Sunan ad Dāruqutnī in the chapter of intention. There'sa also a similar Hadīth in Muntakhab Ahādīth in the chapter of intention. If I get a chance, I'll post the translation inshāAllāh when I get back from work.
+3 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 14th August 2016 16:56
Sulaiman84 wrote:
View original post

Jazakallahi khaiar . i know the hadith is mentioned in Musnad abi yala, Musannaf ibn abi shaiba 30280, shuabul iman etc... But can you please share the tahqiq from musannaf ibn abi shaiba? I think he said this hadith is sahih.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 15th August 2016 04:27
abu nusayba wrote:
View original post

The tahqīq that I have access to is from the footnotes of Muntakhab Ahādīth. The same Hadīth, slight variation in wording but from Tabarānī from two isnāds, one of them being sahīh. Also from Bazzār and Majma'uz Zawā'id.

Anas bin Malik Radhiyallahu 'anhu narrates that Rasulullah Sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam said:

On the Day of Judgement sealed books of deeds will be brought and presented to Allah Tabaraka wa Ta'ala and Allah Tabaraka wa Ta'ala will say: Throw these (for some) and accept these (for some). The Angels will say: By Your Honor and Majesty! We have not seen anything in these books except good. To which Allah 'Azza wa Jall will say: Indeed those deeds were not done for me. And today, I will not accept but those deeds done only for My pleasure.

In another narration, the Angels will say: By Your Honor! We have not written but what he had done. Allah will say: You say the truth but indeed his deeds were not done for my Pleasure.

(Tabarani, Bazzar, Majma'uz Zawa'id)

muntakhabahadith.com/556.html

muntakhabahadith.com/557.html
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 15th August 2016 05:21
Resolved, crisis averted.

Question

According to quran, the angels record the deeds if they are utterred in mouth or done by limbs. Are the good deeds (like dhikhr done within one's mind) and bad deeds (like having ill-intentions, bad thoughts etc.) done within mind are recorded by angels. Will only Allah knows these deeds and not even angels know about them?

Answer

All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad , is His Slave and Messenger.

Allaah The Almighty may inform the angels of what is in the heart of man and thus they write down for him the reward or the punishment he deserves. Shaykh Al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah may Allaah have mercy upon him was asked about the words of the Prophet : "When a person intends to do a good deed but does not do it, one good deed is recorded for him …” If his thinking about it is something hidden which is between him and his Lord, how can the angels know about it?" He replied:

"All perfect praise be to Allaah. An answer to this question was narrated from Sufyaan ibn ‘Uyaynah, who said: 'If he intends to do a good deed, the angel smells a good fragrance, and if he intends to do a bad deed, the angel smells a foul odour. In fact, Allaah The Almighty is able to make the angels know what is in a person’s heart in whatever manner He wishes in the same manner He is able to make some humans know what is in a person's heart. So, if Allaah grants some humans the ability to know sometimes what is in a person's heart, then the angel who is entrusted with the person is more entitled to be informed of that by Allaah. It was said about the saying of Allaah The Almighty (which means) And We are closer to him than [his] jugular vein.[Quran 50:16] that it refers to the angels.

Allaah The Almighty made angels inspire man with good things as ‘Abdullaah ibn Mas‘ood, may Allaah be pleased with him said: "The angle inspires truth and a promise of goodness while the devil inspires falsehood and a promise of evil." He also narrated that the Prophet , said: “There is none of you who does not have a companion (Qareen) appointed for him from among the angels and a companion from among the jinn.” They (the Prophet's Companions) said, “Even you, O Messenger of Allaah?” He said, “Even me, but Allaah helped me against him, so he only tells me to do that which is good.” [Muslim] If the evil deed that one intends to do is inspired by the devil, then, of course, the devil knows about it, and if the good deed that one intends to do is inspired by the angel, then, likewise, it is more appropriate for the angel to know about it and if that angel knows about it, then the angels entrusted to record the deeds of the children of Adam will know about it." [End quote]

Allaah Knows best.

www.islamweb.net/emainpage/index.php?page=showfatwa&Optio...

The Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him) is reported to have said: "Allah ordered (the appointed Angels over you) that good and bad deeds are to be written, and He then showed (the way) how (to write). If somebody intends to do a good deed and he does not do it, then Allah will write for him a full good deed (in his account with Him); and if he intends to do a good deed and actually does it, then Allah will write for him (in his account) with Him (its equal reward ) from ten to seven hundred times, to many more times: and if somebody intended to do an evil deed and he does not do it, then Allah will write a full good deed (in his account) with Him, and if he intended to do it (a bad deed) and actually did it, then Allah will write one bad deed (in his account)." There is another narration to the same effect, that the Angels said to Allah: "O Allah, this is Your servant and he intends to do a bad deed, while Allah is more aware about that. Allah shall say:

'Watch him, and record it if he does it,'” Commenting on this Hadith, An-Nawawi quoted Abu Ja`far At-Tahawi (May Allah have mercy on him) as having said: "According to these Hadiths the Angels appointed over human beings record man’s intentions, contrary to those who say that Angels only record apparent deeds.”

Ibn Hajar commented on the abovementioned Hadith saying: "It proves that Angels are able to know human intentions either as revealed by Allah or by having special knowledge which He granted them." The first view is supported by that which is narrated from Abu `Imran al-Juni that: "An Angel is ordered to record so and so. The Angel says there is no deed to record, so Allah will tell him that he intended to do it." It is also argued that the Angel is able to smell the bad smell of evil deeds and the good smell of good deeds.

onislam.net

Summary: Whatever ability the Mala'ikah have in knowing or being informed of a person's intentions, it is from Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala. So no contradiction with the above ahadith or what was posted in the OP.
+5 -0Like x 2Winner x 1