Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Wheatish Complexion?

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 14th May 2016 23:27
salaam

what is a wheatish complexion?
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 14th May 2016 23:45
This normally refers to the skin colour as mentioned in narrations. As far as I recall, prophets Eesa (as) and Musa (as) were described as such, but I can't recall which was which.

One was of reddish complexion and the other was of wheatish complexion.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 14th May 2016 23:56
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

dajjal is described as having a wheatish complexion. never knew what that meant. according to google its light brown.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 15th May 2016 15:44
Here is a hadith from Bukhari and the translation from sunnah.com . One of the knowledgeable brothers can confirm the translation.

حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى بْنُ بُكَيْرٍ، حَدَّثَنَا اللَّيْثُ، عَنْ عُقَيْلٍ، عَنِ ابْنِ شِهَابٍ، عَنْ سَالِمٍ، عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ عُمَرَ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏ "‏ بَيْنَا أَنَا نَائِمٌ أَطُوفُ بِالْكَعْبَةِ، فَإِذَا رَجُلٌ آدَمُ سَبْطُ الشَّعَرِ يَنْطُفُ ـ أَوْ يُهَرَاقُ ـ رَأْسُهُ مَاءً قُلْتُ مَنْ هَذَا قَالُوا ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ‏.‏ ثُمَّ ذَهَبْتُ أَلْتَفِتُ، فَإِذَا رَجُلٌ جَسِيمٌ أَحْمَرُ جَعْدُ الرَّأْسِ أَعْوَرُ الْعَيْنِ، كَأَنَّ عَيْنَهُ عِنَبَةٌ طَافِيَةٌ قَالُوا هَذَا الدَّجَّالُ‏.‏ أَقْرَبُ النَّاسِ بِهِ شَبَهًا ابْنُ قَطَنٍ ‏"‏‏.‏ رَجُلٌ مِنْ خُزَاعَةَ‏

Narrated `Abdullah bin `Umar:
Allah's Messenger (ï·º) said. "While I was sleeping, I saw myself (in a dream) performing Tawaf around the Ka`ba. Behold, I saw a reddish-white man with lank hair, and water was dropping from his head. I asked, "Who is this?' They replied, 'The son of Mary.' Then I turned my face to see another man with a huge body, red complexion and curly hair and blind in one eye. His eye looked like a protruding out grape. They said (to me), He is Ad-Dajjal." The Prophet (ï·º) added, "The man he resembled most is Ibn Qatan, a man from the tribe of Khuza`a. "

and from www.qtafsir.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id... , Ulama can confirm

«رَأَيْتُهُ فَيلَمَانِيًا أَقْمَرَ هِجَانًا، إِحْدَى عَيْنَيْهِ قَائِمَةٌ كَأَنَّهَا كَوْكَبٌ دُرِّيٌّ، كَأَنَّ شَعْرَ رَأْسِهِ أَغْصَانُ شَجَرَةٍ،

The Prophet was asked about the Dajjal, and he said:

(I saw him as a tall and huge man, with a whitish complexion. One of his eyes stood out like a shining star. The hair on his head looked like the branches of a tree.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 15th May 2016 16:40
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

I think Hazrat Adam (as) is of wheatish complexion. Waiting to confirm the Hadith but the site is currently down.

www.hadithanswers.com/a-hadith-describing-adam-alayhis-sa...

Quote:
Adam was hairy and tall, of wheatish complexion, having curly hair as on a high palm-tree…”
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 15th May 2016 17:34
Search for the link on google on PC or laptop and then click on the arrow by the link and view cached page.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 15th May 2016 18:11
Jzk, switched mobile to desktop view to get the arrow for cached view.

Question

Is the following Hadith authentic?

Sayyiduna Ubay ibn Ka’b (radiyallahu ‘anhu) narrates that Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said:

“Adam was hairy and tall, of wheatish complexion, having curly hair as on a high palm-tree…”

Answer

Imam ‘Abdur Razzaq As San’ani (rahimahullah) has recorded this narration with a chain that is noncontinuous (munqati’).

(Musannaf ‘Abdur Razzaq, Hadith: 6082)

Imam Hakim (rahimahullah) has also recorded this Hadith with slight variation in the wording. He has declared the Hadith as authentic and Hafiz Dhahabi (rahimahullah) concurs.

(Mustadrak Hakim, vol. 2 pg. 262)

And Allah Ta’ala knows best.

Answered by: Moulana Suhail Motala

Approved by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 15th May 2016 19:50
www.inter-islam.org/faith/Majorsigns.html

Signs in the Dajjal

Dajjal's Physical description
The Dajjal is a young (1) fat (2) man, wheatish (3) in complexion with a broad chest (4) and biting teeth. Resembling Abdul Uzzah bin Qatad from the tribe of Khuza'a his head is covered (7) with curly hair (8) with the letters "Ka' "Fa" "Ra'' (9) written between his eyes which every believer will be able to clearly see and read literate or illiterate, he has a shining forehead (10) and defect in both eyes. His left eye has a swelling pupil (11) while he is blind (12) from the right. He has a brisk walk (13) and no children (14)

Footnote:
1) Nawwas-b-Samaan / Muslim 8) Nawwas-b-Samaan / Muslim
2) Ibne-Umar / Bukhari /1 Muslim 9) Hudaifah / Muslim
3) Abdullab-b-Mugaffal / Kanzul-Ummal 10) Abu Huraira / Musnad Ahmad
4) Abu Huraira / Musnad Ahmad 11) Hudaifah / Muslim
5) Abu Bakara / Tirmidhi 12) Ibne Umar / Bukhari / Muslim
6) Nawwas-b-Samaan / Muslim 13) Ubiadah / Abu Daud
7) Hudaifah / Muslim 14) Abu Saeed al-Khudri / Muslim
No post ratings