Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 14th December 2015 10:24
I have this long standing question.
How do brothers and sisters evaluate Mehdi Hasan from UK?
report post quote code quick quote reply
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 14th December 2015 11:32
Debate: This House believes Islam is a religion of peace

Ayes: 286

Noes: 168

handley debateIn a timely debate, held just 24 hours after the religiously motivated incident in Woolwich, the Union considered the question of the nature of Islam.

Proposition speaker Matthew Handley started the debate by grounding it in recent events, deploring the previous day’s “reprehensible act in Woolwich”, a sentiment that he was sure would be shared by Muslims around the world.

Handley continued by separating the religion of Islam from the individuals who “violently hijack faith for violent and maniacal ends” and maintained that the Qur’an has an “overwhelmingly peaceful character.”

In the light of the “decade long surge of violence and aggression” against Islam since 9/11, he summarised the debate as a choice between “love and hate and rejection, peace and conflict” and concluded: “I hope you make the right choice.”

Speaker Anne-Marie Waters, council member of the National Secular Society, began the case for the opposition by denying that she and her fellow opposition speakers cause fear of Islam and blamed instead “the actions of Islam itself”.

She listed “9/11, 7/7, Mali, Somalia, gender discrimination, forced marriages, polygamy, amputation”, and many more. To the opposition’s claim that these acts belong to an “extreme fringe” which has misunderstood the words of the Qur’an, she described the executions for blasphemy and apostasy in Saudi Arabia, and asked “has there ever been a more spectacular misunderstanding?”

Waters concluded by arguing that it is the moderate Muslims who must “dance around meanings” and “stretch interpretations” when confronted with the fundamentally violent ideology of the Qur’an.

Adam Deen, a prominent Muslim intellectual and founder and director of the Deen Institute, countered this by arguing that “if we approach Islamic teaching fairly and objectively, there is a golden thread that runs through whole Qur’an,” an ideal of “justice” and “positive peace”.

He argued that in fact the whole of Islam is compatible with “just war theory”, in which “the virtue of avoiding violence is superseded by the virtue of justice.” He then quoted from the Qur’an which states: “Fight in God’s cause but do not overstep the limits. God does not love those who overstep the limits.”

Daniel Johnston, journalist and editor of what he called the “not very right-wing” magazine Standpoint, called Islam “the most direct threat to Western civilization in the world today”.

Johnston deplored the lack of “freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, equal rights, and separation between church and state” in Islamic countries, emphasizing that “all these ideals emerged in the West.”

Johnston claimed that a university like Oxford, with its tradition of free academic inquiry, could not exist under the conditions of an Islamic state and that “there is no university in this sense in the Islamic world”.

Muslim journalist Mehdi Hasan, political editor of the Huffington Post, warned Anne-Marie Waters that her “astonishing claims” might endanger her future as a Labour Party candidate, but assured her “don’t worry, the BNP will take you”.

Hasan asked why, if Islam is “responsible for killing,” such a tiny percentage of believers actually participate in violence. He asked the audience if they really believe that 1.6 billion people are all “followers, promoters and believers in a religion of violence”.

Hasan urged them not to “fuel the arguments of the phobes and bigots and legitimise hate”, but to “trust the Muslims that you know and that you hear.”

Opposition speaker Peter Atkins, former Professor of Chemistry at Oxford, concluded the debate by describing Islam along with all other religions as a “supermarket of ideas and instructions” from which good and bad men can select what they want “according to their taste.”

However, he claimed that Islam “does in practice inspire more violence than the other Abrahamic religions”.

Taking on Adam Deen’s metaphor of a ‘golden thread’, he argued that “the opposite of peace is woven into the fabric of the Qur’an.”

Atkins declared that “all the seas incarnadine cannot wash the blood from a religion’s hands”, because “when evils destroy a human life, as they did yesterday, that life cannot be restored”. He called on the audience to oppose the motion “for the sake of humanity.”

Source : Video, summary
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 14th December 2015 12:07
he is very good when it comes to dealing with islamaphobes and media, Ive seen him on QT and other talk shows he usually wipes the floor with the anti muslim lobby. Although he is a shia and I dont know what his personal and private views are on muslims and islam but when it comes to public domain he definitely one of the best.
+1 -0Agree x 3
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 15th December 2015 11:43
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

That is precisely my impression too ya akhi.
I wish more of my brothers and sisters knew the same idiom that Mehdi Hasan uses.
Can we groom such people here on MS?

The Shia angle certainly was bothersome.
We know how hopeless the Sunni-Shia differences are.
Yet the rest of the world does take Shias to be Muslims.
Mehdi does not usually try to accentuate that difference.
Yet we can not ignore this reality.

+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 15th December 2015 17:32
there is an old video of him speaking ill of Muawiya رضي الله عنه but i been told since then he has changed his viewa ( taqiya maybe?) however i had been him being very balanced too in some of his speeches, there was one where he said why do shias complain about the treatment of shia in bahrain and other gulf states yet support bashar al assad. also as you mentioned he rarely ever gets into shia/sunni clashes, there have been many times where he could have just said its not us shia its them sunnis who are terrorists and causing problems but chose to defend islam as a whole. If only sunnis could have somone as articulate as him it would be good. we got Abdullah al Andalusi who is mashAllah very well spoken and good debator however he doesnt get much air time.
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd August 2016 08:45
Shashi Tharoor

Dr Shashi Tharoor had reached heights in the UN. He even contested for the top and lost to Ban Ki Moon.
Currently he is a Member of parliament in India. He is an excellent author and an excellent speaker. See for yourself in this video.

To speak in so clear and eloquent terms is what I want my brothers and sisters to do.

Mehdi Hasan does precisely that. Unfortunately we do not have anyone like them in Sunni world. very sad.

If it is safe for Shashi and Mehdi to speak it must be so for us too.

What is more sad is that even at the fora there is now only the silence.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 6th April 2017 16:56
The Muslim Qazis

You are a Muslim and you can be proud of it.

And I mean this as a narrative (tehdees) of blessing of Allah SWT and not as a major sin.

The world has been hurling so many accusations full of falsehood against you that if you do not react then you deserve all the ignominy that is coming against you. To protect yourself, your family, your faith falls upon you. Any negligence in this regard will not have unpleasant consequences not only in this world but hereafter too.

One of the accusations against Islam and Muslims is that our faith is a regressive one.
In face of of massive scientific and technological progress of the west this is one of the most difficult question that we Muslims face.
We do have a very glorious history of science and modern inquiry.
I as a Muslim intend to cover that angle in my writings - science being my field.

What can you do? Well you can cover other angles where the world must be thankful to us Muslims.
And there are many such angles.
Only of you will look, take the initiative and do the requisite hard work, leaving out your comfort and laziness.

Mehdi Hassan does this kind of assertion best. He is better than Ustad Ali Ataie, brother Shabbir Ali, Dr Zakir Naik and even Shaikh Ahmed Deedat RA.

In this post I am taking up the question of law and judiciary and Islamic contributions.
I shall do so by saying a few words about some of the legendary Qazis produced by the Muslim world.
Let me assert that no one, I say no one, has made greater contributions to jurisprudence than Muslims.
It will be stupid and foolish and silly of us to not assert our importance in this field.
The west, as usual, has been perfidious in this regard.
They slyly introduce the hint that Islamic law is a mere rehash of the Roman Law.
To put the things in perspective in this regard is our duty.
We are duty bound to reclaim our space in this field.
Our space on which near complete encroachment has been made by the west.

So over to the Qazis.

We first take up the case of Ibn Batuta. He travelled from the heart of the Arab world to the heart of Indian subcontinent.
He becomes the Qazi here. True the ruling dispensation was Muslim but it says a lot about Ibn Batuta's abilities. This is the man who tells us enormous about of information about history of medieval India. Clearly all of India, neither at that time nor today, is not Muslim. Should it not be taken as a matter of gratitude that he recorded Indian history. We are talking about the Gangetic planes of India - the region that is washed out by the mighty Himalayan rivers. There are not many geographies in that world with that wide expense of smooth plane. Apart from washing the plane the rivers also wash out history. Ibn Batuta is a significant contributor to history because of this geographical peculiarity.

It is true that this contribution is not in the field of jurisprudence. But then who said that Ibn Batuta's juristic duties were trivial in any sense of the word?

Next we come to the Qazi in times of emperor Sikander Lodhi.
The emperor gets the news that the idol worshippers are indulging in peculiar rituals in the nearby place of Surajkund. Surajkund today falls in the state of Haryana and is completely absorbed in the now expanded city of Delhi. In olden days there was a break in the population between Delhi and Surajkund.

The emperor decides to put an end to the activities at Surajkund but as a caution also decided to consult the Qazi of the empire. The Qazi displayed exemplary courage and declared that the Surajkund rituals were a long standing traditional activity of the local people and Islam does not allow such actions to be disturbed. This disturbed the emperor who drew his sword and said that he will nevertheless stop the rituals and before that he will behead the Qazi. The Qazi was unfazed and asserted before that emperor that if the latter did not want to act upon the Qazi's advice then why was he, the Qazi, was called at all? By this time the emperor had collected his wits and understood Qazi's stand and desisted from his intentions.

There are many worthwhile lessons for us in this episode, not the least one being the honourable conduct and high level of natural justice present in this anecdote. The regular juristic duties are apart from this shining example. In today's world the kings and their kingdoms, the emperors and their empires are maligned by the democracy brigade. This is done using the examples of bad and unjust kings and emperors. Muslims got to wiggle out of this trap and take due pride and assert the honourable judicial systems developed and practiced by Muslim rulers. If you do not use the bright, positive, noteworthy items in your biodata then you are bound to be treated as inferior, at least. Worse fate awates you and in fact can be seen in practice today.

Then we come to Qazi Minhaj-us-Siraj. He was another Qazi from medieval India. Together with Ziauddin Burney and Mulla Abdul Qadir Badayuni he might be responsible for most of the Indian history in medieval period. Shaikh Muhammed Ikram makes a strange comment about his contributions as a Qazi. He says that the Qazi could not be tricked by the trickesters. This is a strange claim from a common sense point of view. Is not the duty of a Qazi to deliver justice at all cost? What is so great about him if he could not be duped? This brings us to the central point of the judicial process.

Normally we think that justice is about a strong arm, swift sword, nibble gun or mighty tanks. This covers very insignificant ground in the delivery of justice. Crime and punishment is a routine and mundane legal process. Real test of any judicial system comes when it comes to the crooks and the cons of the society. It is very strange that today we simply do not pay sufficient attention to this serious facet of the judicial process. Islamic jurisprudence experience is briming with examples of such cases where justice was delivered in very tricky situations. Modern judicial and legal methodology simply sweeps this aspect under the carpet. In Islamic jurisprudence it is the main theme.

In this context we shall relate a recent US experience that can be analysed in the light of these observations. In the middle of 2008 a young, physically robust, dynamic and enterprising man, Travis Alexander, was extremely brutally murdered by his estranged girl friend. The body of the man was discovered five days, in a state of advance decay, after the incident. The killer was expecting the cops and with minimal hassles accepted the crime. The aspects that she lied about were nearly completely filled by providence and US technological expertize. Very American trial followed after a prolonged investigation. The trial was efficient, the killer was given best legal help at the expenses of the tax payers. The prosecutor was a top notch lawyer of the relevant state. Proceedings of the case were crisp. The whole trial was live telecast. All the videos are available on You Tube. Best technical help was used including a galaxy of psychologists from both sides. Finally the killer cooly escaped very clear of death penalty. Not only the extended family of the unfortunate man was devasted there were many others who were stunned. Among them was a lady who attended the trial every day without failure. Her aim? To see get justice done. Her close friend had lost in a judicial process and all this lady wanted was to see justice done in a case. She chose the case where the muder was so brutal that justice should have surely come. It did not. One of the people who followed and commented on twitter on this case, the trial took place in Obama presidency, was Donald Trump.

Coming back to the Qazis we next take up the case of Qazi Bahauddin who served Sultan Salahuddin Ayyubi. We know about the life and times of the Sultan from the Qazi. Salahuddin is amongst those characters of Muslim history about whom even the west has very high regards. This history we owe to the Qazi. Again let us not get distracted by the angle that we must be talking about juristic issues only. If we have a long list of Qazis performing their duties then judicial process must have been in place in its robust health and glory. Even today India judicial process is full of Urdu-Persian terms and these must have been inherited from that judicial system that has been in place for many centuries. The relevant information can easily be extracted fom the annals of the history and it should be done by the historials to augment the positive image of islam that we so desperately need in today's world where Islam and Muslims are under constant attack not only physically but intellectually as well as academically.

Let us close this note with the following anecdote of a Qazi from the same medieval Indian history. Someone asked a Qazi as to what he achieved in his life time services as the Qazi. He said that there were a few friends that he earlier had and they had by now turned enemies. The second thing, he said, is that I had some family property and by now it has been sold.

This episode should serve as a measure of committment to the judicial duty. This is our history, or a slice of it, in the field of jurisprudence. If anyone else has better one then let him bring it before us.

That is the end of the Dawah today by the Praise of the Lord of the worlds.

+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 11th May 2017 10:51
It turns out that the latest Shashi Tharoor victory owes it genesis to Mehdi Hassan technique and specifically the debate summarized in post number 2 above.

So the inspiration, in a way, is Mehdi Hassan and Shashi Tharoor is the inspired one.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 11th May 2017 10:55
lslam is a Peaceful Religion: Mehdi Hasan in an Oxford Union Debate

( Following the murder of a British Soldier by an Islamist fanatic in Woolwich)

By Mehdi Hasan: In an Oxford Union Debate following the murder of British Soldier by an Islamist fanatic in Woolwich.

Video

Full Transcript.

Thank you very much mister President, Ladies and gentleman, good evening, Assalmoalikum, lovely to see you all here tonight. We are having a very entertaining night, are we not? With some very interesting things being said from the other side of the house tonight. let me begin by saying as a Muslim, as a representative of Islam, I would consider myself an ambassador for Islam, as a believer in Islam, a follower of Islam and its prophets, so in that capacity let me begin by apologizing to armory for the Bali bombings, apologize for the role of my religion, me and my people for the killing of fear and go off the seven yes. That was all of us that was Islam, That was Muslim, that was the Quran, I mean astonishing, astonishing claims to make in the very first speech on a day light today, whether conservative prime minister of United Kingdom and the come out and point out that these kind of these are not from and I believe you're trying to stand for the labor party M.P. Election in Briton, if you do that and you make these comments, I’m guessing you have the wit withdrawn from you but then again you keep on the rise. They'll take heed the BNP they might have something to say about your views. A lot of factual points as we had a lot of our second speak about that could be Muslims.

On a factual point you said the Islam was born in Saudi Arabia. Islam was born in six ten AD, Saudi Arabia was born in nineteen thirty two AD, only One Thousand Three Hundred Twenty Two Years off. Not bad, talking of Math’s by the way, a man called Al-Qawarizmi , one of the greatest of all time mathematician was Muslim, worked in the golden age Islam. He's the guy who came up with not just Algebra but Algorithms, without Algorithm we won’t have laptops, without laptops Daniel Johnson cannot print out a speech in which he came to break us Muslims holding back the advanced an intellectual achievements of the west, which will happen without any contribution from anyone else other than the Judeo-Christian peoples of Europe.

In fact Daniel David Levering the author of the Pulitzer prize winning historian and author of the Golden Prism of Winter, that there would be no Renaissance in Europe, there would be no reaffirmation in Europe without the role played by Ibn e Sina, Ibn e Rushd, some of the great Muslim theologian, philosopher, scientist in bringing this knowledge to Europe.

As for this being our university I will leave that to the imagination as to who is our new is that our study here too.

Astonishing, astonishing set of speeches so for making this case tonight and mixture of just cherry picked quotes facts and figures self-serving selective a far goers, distortions misrepresentations, misinterpretations, miss quotations, ... Daniel talked about my article in the state from which will be a lot of flak great talked about the anti-Semitism that is prevalent in some parts of the Muslim community, which indeed it is. Of course I didn't say in that piece, that was imposed by the religion of Islam in fact more than anti Semitism in the middle east was imported from finish the sentence…. Christian Judeo-Christian Europe where I believe some certainly bad things happen to the Jewish people. In fact tom Friedman Jewish-American Columnist New York Times told me in the French chamber in the last week, where he believed Muslims have mostly been running Europe in the nineteen forties. Six million extra Jews would still be alive today from the political lessons an anti Semitism from someone who's here to defend the Judeo-Christian values on the continent of murder six million Jews.

Moving swiftly on, moving swiftly on yes exactly that’s what the point, I agree with you one hundred ten percent that is my point. I don't think Europe is evil or bad, I am a very proud European. I don't want to judge over this, but if we're goanna play this dealt a game well we pull out the Bali bombing and we pull out examples of anti Semitism Simon let's go to come back and say will hold on, I mean look let's be very clear Daniel here was a last minute replaced with the Douglas Murray who have to pull out and Douglas and I have a well-documented difference is that the defense Douglas as to be sent and Marie, Peter atheist. All religions as evil, violent, threatening.

What the problem I have with Daniel speech is a Daniel comes here to Robust defense of Christianity forgetting his fellow Christians people who said they were acting the name of Jesus, gave us the crusades, the Spanish inquisition, the anti Jewish pogrom, European colonialism in Africa and Asia, The Lord's resistance army in Uganda, not to mention countless arson and the bomb attacks on abortion clinics in the United States of America to this very day. I would like a little bit of humility from Daniel first before you begin lecturing other communities of how the faith on violence terror and intolerance.

But I would say yes to address the gentleman's very valid point here I’m not gonna play that game. I don't actually believe that Christianity is a religion of violence and hate because of what the NRA doesn't Uganda all what MBA what crusaders did to Jews and Muslims in Jerusalem in the tip of the city in the form from Thirteenth one of the century was. I believe the Christianity like Islam like pretty much every mainstream religion is based on love and compassion and faith. I do follow a religion in which hundreds thirteen out of a hundred and fourteen chapters of the Quran begins by introduced in the god of Islam as a god of mercy and compassion. I would not have the any other way. I don't follow a religion which introduces my God to me as a god of war, a some kind of Greek god of wrath, as a god of hate, and injustice, not at all.

As Adam pointed out that you go through the Quran, you see the mercy, love and the justice and yes you have the verses of, to refer warfare and violence of course it does. This is non motion about passivism; I’m not here to argue that Islam is a pacifistic faith. It is not. Islam allows military action, violence in certain limited context and yes the minority of Muslims do take it out of that context, but is it religious?

We talked about which Daniel in Ann Maria suggested that is definitely religion that's behind all of this well actually. What I find so amusing tonight in the debate on Islam and the opposition tonight have come forward we have a graduate and Law graduate, in modern history graduate, in chemistry. Do you know and my role of the intellect in their abilities but we don't have anyone is actually an expert on Islam, a scholar of Islamic historian of Islam, a speaker of the Arabic even a terrorism expert, security expert or a pollster let alone to talk about what Muslims believe all think instead we have people coming here putting forward these sweeping opinions listen to professor Robert pape, professor at the university of Chicago one of America’s leading terrorism experts go on like our esteemed opposition tonight study every single case of suicide terrorism between nineteen eighty in two thousand five. Three hundred and fifteen cases in total and he concluded and I quote,

“there is little connection between suicide terrorism in Islamic fundamentalism or any of the world's religions, rather nearly all suicide terrorist attacks have in common is a specific secular and strategic goal to compel modern democracies to withdraw military forces from territory but the terrorist consider to be their homeland,” and the irony is when we talk about terrorism, the irony is that the opposition and the Muslim terrorist al-Qaeda types actually have one thing in common because they both believe that Islam is a war-like violent religion, but I will not they have everything in common. Osma Bin Laden will be …….. along He agrees with them. The Problems is that mainstream Muslims don’t, the majority of the Muslims around the world don’t, and in fact the gentleman quoted the poll Gallup carried out the biggest poll of Muslims around the world. Fifty thousand Muslims in thirty five countries ninety three percent of Muslims rejected nine eleven in suicide attacks and the seven percent who didn’t that they all went polled and focus groups sited political reasons for their support for violence not religious reasons. And as for Islamic scholars mostly say, well Daniel talks about our university of oxford will go down to Oxford centre for Islamic Studies.

Get hold of a man Sheikh Afify Al-Akiti who is massively well credentials and most respected Islamic scholar who studied across the world, who in the days after seven seven published the fatwa denouncing terrorism in the name of Islam, calling for the protection of all non-combatants at all times and describing suicide bombings as an innovation with no basis in Islamic law. Go and listen to Sheikh Tahirul Qadri, one of Pakistan’s most famous Islamic scholars who published a six hundred page fatwa condemning the killing of all innocent and all suicide bombing unconditionally without any ifs and buts. There's nothing new here this is mainstream Islam, mainstream scholarship, which is said this for years and you don't go on kill people willingly in the high street or anywhere else on a bus or a mall based on verses of the Quran, you cherry pick without any context, any understanding any interpretation or any commentary.

I didn't say it doesn't happen at all ... I don't …….I don't blame this on Islam, that’s a very good point and a lot of us a lot of us campaign against it, campaigning against in the name of Islam, campaigning against various interpretation of Islam. Armory came with the scales of the talk of Sharia law. I would like to see the book of Sharia law. It doesn't exist; people argue what Shria law is? And you empower the extremists by saying that there is only one version.

Here we are dealing with a fourteen hundred year old global religion followed by one point six billion people in every corner of the world a quarter of humanity of all backgrounds cultures ethnicities and yet the opposition wants to generalized, stereotype, smear in order to desperately win this debate and here's my question for the generalized and smear, if ok people say yesterday's bomber that we've to be careful, the trial going on well yesterday attacker a sorry motivated by Islam, big debate, I do not believe that, let say they were, let's say Faisal Shahzad the times square bomber was motivated by Islam, let’s assume for the sake of arguments... that Richard Reeves the shoe bomber. Is Islam is responsible for this. Is Islam is motivating these people, and therefore Islam is not a religion of peace but of a war, and then ask yourself this question, what rest of us is doing? Why it is such a tiny minority of Muslims are interpreting their religion in the way that the opposition claim they are.

Let's assume they're sixteen thousand of suicide bombers in the world, they are not? Let's assume there are for the sake of argument that zero point zero one percent of the Muslims population globally, what about the other ninety-nine point nine percent of Muslims who the opposition tonight ignore or smear.

The reality is that rest of us are blowing ourselves up tonight, the reality is that the opposition came into not worried about the fact that mean, pull out the jacket and blow up us, because who have followed the warlike Moria religion which wants to take over Europe and Daniel’s university, the issue is this, unless the opposition can tells us tonight and Peter is here, one of our great atheist intellectuals can tell us tonight that why don't the vast majority of Muslims around the world behave as violent in aggressively in a tiny minority for politically motivated extremist than they might, as well get up and stop pretending that anything relevant to Islam and Muslim as a whole.

Ladies and gentleman, let me just say this to you, think about what the opposite of the motion is, if you vote tonight opposition’s motion, Islamism is the religion of peace, is religion of war, of violence, of terror, of aggression but the people who follow Islam me, my wife, my retired parents, my six-year-old child but one point eight million of your fellow British residents and citizens of one point two billion people across the world, your fellow human beings, are all followers, promoters, believers in the religion of violence? Do you really think that? Do you really believe that to be the case, they say that in the Oxford union the most famous debate was in nineteen thirty three when Adolf Hitler lookout for the results of the King country motion, where they voted against fighting for the King country and Hitler was listening out for the result, well tonight's eighty years on, there are two groups of people around the world, who I would argue waiting for the result of tonight's vote, there the millions of peaceful non-violent law-abiding Muslims UK, Europe, Asia, Africa and beyond who see Islam as the source of their identity as a source of spiritual fulfillment of hope, solace and there are the fobs, the hates, the bigots out there, who wants to push the clash of civilizations, who want to divide all of us into them and us and ours and theirs.

Ladies and gentleman I urge you all not to fuel the arguments of the fobs and bigots, don’t legitimate their divisions that legitimized their hates, trust those Muslims who you know, who you've met, who you here, who don't believe in violence, who do want to hear the peaceful message of Quran, as I believe it to be taught to the majority of Muslims, Islam of peace and compassion and mercy, Islam of Quran, not of al-Qaeda.

Ladies and gentleman I beg to propose a motion to the house. I urge you to vote tonight. Thank you very much for your time.

Source : New Age Islam
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 16th November 2018 06:09
Up Front with Ram Madhav

In one of the episodes of the famous programme called Up Front Mehdi Hassan, while talking to RSS personality Mr Ram Madhav, completely and thoroughly exposed latter's parent organization.

Some time back the full programme simply disappeared from You Tube. I searched a lot but to no avail. A few tidbits are still available otherwise people will not even believe me.

So what might have happened?

Well in the aftermath of the telecast of that programme I saw Mehdi Hassan defending his programme episode as well as being apologetic about it. I found that strange because Mehdi was never known to be sorry for his overtly assertive style. So what might have transpired this time?

I shall cut the clutter and come to the point straight. In India the Shia community has been befriending Modi and BJP. They have gone out and set in the Saffron lap. And you have to be a very keen observer to see what they can manage in their behind the scene and behind the screen manipulations.

This blacking out of the programme with Ram Madhav was merely a small glimpse of their capabilities.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 16th November 2018 12:58
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 17th November 2018 03:00

abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

Jazakallah Khairan my brother. I had made thorough searches on You Tube twice with a gap of a month and I could not locate it. I record my apology. Plus now I shall download it for future reference.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 18th October 2019 14:14
Listen to this and you know why I am a fan of Mehdi Hassan.
+2 -0Like x 2
UK
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 18th October 2019 17:33
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Personally I think he is amazing and seems like he doesn't just debate or argue for the sake of it but rather fights for what he believes is right and just.
+0 -0Agree x 1Disagree x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 19th October 2019 03:29
Yasin wrote:
View original post

That is absolutely true Maulana. If there was a single person like him among us Sunni people I would have relaxed about what I am doing.

+0 -0Agree x 1