Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Would the real Javed Ahmed Ghamdi stand up?

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
samah, abu mohammed, abuzayd2k
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 10th May 2017 17:31
Dr Khalid Khan Adores Javed Ahmed Ghamdi - 15

1 hour 3 minutes onwards.

Q: The way you have treated Qur'an Majeed in an Islamic government you would have gor worse punishment than imprisonment. For example your translation of Surah Ikhlas and some other verses is completely different from commonly acceptable ones - is it not tinkering with the text?

A: Maulana Islahi also should get the same punishment for the translation quoted by you is from him.

Then he does a clarification in which he does talk things that are in consonance with the conservative interpretation. Here the yound Maulwi could not clearly enunciate his objection.
Then he clarifies about the meaning of another word (Ghusa an ahwa) that the young 'Alim had asked. He recommends the young 'Alim to refer to Maulana Farahi's explanation and asserts that this is not modification (tinkering) but merely a difference of opinion.

Here we shall leave the matter to the Scholars, Mr Ghamidi not being one of them but he does possess a right to talk to them, and not delve into such technicalities that do not concern us.

He then does a massive name dropping - Maulanas Farahi, Islahi, Maududi and Hazrat Mehmoodul Hasan RA and Hazrat Thanwi RA. Since latter ones have done their own translations therefore former ones too can do so. This again takes us into excessive technical regime where he should not be dumping new info on common people.

He : The most you can say about Maulana Farahi is that you do not agree with some opinion of his. (Context Urdu and Arabic Tafaseer of Maulana Farahi in the context of the phrase Ghusa an ahwa of Surah Al-A'ala.)

He is wrong. There was a Fatwa against Maualana Farahi.

Q: Sir you say that your Usool is to adopt the common meaning but you do not follow the Usool that you claim to have.
A: You have to define the meaning of common meaning. Maulana Farahi asserted that in the case of above mentioned phrase a possible meaning became neglected because people were overwhelmingly using the other meaning. He pointed this out.
( Common vs Obsolete )

As we said earlier the discussion is something that is not for common men. Clearly his ground here can not be very firm because his dependence on Maulanas Farahi, Islahi and Maududi whose views are not appreciated amongst traditional Ulama - both Deobandi and Barelwi. In fact Barelwis are outraged.

Q: You accuse Madaris people of Taqlidi mentality while you yourself keep doing Taqleed of your teachers (Farahi-Islahi-Maududi).
A: I do not do their Taqleed it so happens that my opinion agrees with theirs. But on tens of points I have disagreement with them. My mightily honourable teacher Maulana Amin Ahmed Islahi has a wonderful book Dawat-e-Deen Ka Tareeqa-e-Kar. I have rejected nearly all of it. On inheritance (disagreement). If you list all the issues on which I have difference with my teachers then a whole book will get compiled.

This might look like a wonderful thing in today's environment where a wester method and approach towards knowledge has become the way of life. In reality this is a dangerous trend where everyone is being encouraged to disagree with everyone else including teachers. Islam is about submission and not revolt and free for all.

Here the question arises that if there is a genuine difference then what should one do? This certainly is not a problem because difference of opinion amongst the Ulama is in fact a way of life. So in the conventional approach to theological knowledge the difference of opinion is not forbidden. Yet the traditional approach starts with the part that is agreed upon. Difference of opinion comes much much later. To live life you need the positive, assertive and agreed upon things first. People like Maulanas Farahi-Islahi-Maududi encourage dissension from the word go and make personal opinion a currency. A fifteen years old boy has the same level of credibility as a seventy years old Alim - democracy of opinion.

Of course the teenagers will like this approach where they become equals of big scholars on day one. Deen is to precious a thing to be thrown to untrained people and their opinionating and that is what Ghamidi is advocating.

He : So it is not Taqleed but selective acceptance of the opinion on the basis of personal analysis.

Here he repeated the same view that we have been rejecting in the present analysis.

Young 'Alim : There is a problem here again. You disagree with your teachers. Neither Deobandis nor Barelwis agree with you. So all you want is to spread differences and differences.

He : I am a student I want to put a full stop to this traditional attitude (of following past scholars.) My attitude and mentality is of a student and a student accepts things on the basis of reasoning.

Here it is clear that he really insists on sabotaging the traditional method and order that has been serving Islam for more than a thousand years. The adamant person does not realise that reasoning, though necessary, is not sufficient to reach truth. Empiricism, that lies beyond reasoning, becomes a necessity in science and even science is not sufficient to get all the knowledge we need. We need revelation from God. Here we are talking about revelation only and reason falls short miserably in this realm. Things are being explained to him again and again but he is fixed and fossilized in his thinking and can not move beyond reasoning as a tool to extract knowledge. Incidentally he he accuses the traditional Ulama of fossilization and want them to adopt his methodology. It is like a blind man criticizing the seeing ones and insisting upon leading them. Massively dense.

Q: Sir the problem is not that you should not be allowed to think differently. the problem is that you are trivializing the 1437 years old knowledge. You reject experience 1400 years on the basis of your twenty five years of experience. Do you think all of intellect has been exclusively conferred on you? You put yourself completely revolt against all the traditional knowledge and inheritance of knowledge.

A: This word, revolt, is your choice, I have not used it. I am merely looking as as an student on the things. A student confining himself to the side of the old knowledge will never learn a new thing. I too am accpting knowledge from old sources and I am overviewing that knowledge passed by past generations.

1 Hour 15 Minutes over.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 11th May 2017 17:33
Dr Khalid Khan Adores Javed Ahmed Ghamdi - 16

I:15 Onwards

(When will it be over?)

He : When I review the old views (of Ulama) and I become convinced about their (state of wrongness) then I narrate it. It does not mean that I have decided to revolt against Tradition.

This is whitewash. He thinks he is protecting the traditional knowledge and merely correcting the points missed by the past Ulama. In reality he is asking a blank cheque about Deen and authority over them and superiority over Aslaf.

He : I think every person is like that.

He is right. Every person is like that. We want freedom. We do not want responsibility. We want to become part of the elite who decide matters of Deen and that too in our young age. We desire the powers of the grown ups and none of their duties.

Allah SWT has different plans. He slapped responsibility on us. He also told us, in Qur'an Kareem, that the number of people who listen to Allah SWT is few. Unfortunately the truant majority is what Mr Ghamidi is talking about when he says that most people are like it.

He : We normally take our inheritance as true knowledge of Deen but when there are problems with that then I question it, that is the fault I have. When I do not get the proper answer then I do not say that I still have to conform. No, I do not conform. I simply tear it of completely. I turn it around from every angle. I do not assert that I come out with pearls everytime. Sometimes one even comes with a snake because of gropping in the dark but my objective is to attain the light provided by Allah SWT to us. This whole tradition (of conservative knowledge of Deen) is merely to reach that light. If this falls in place (with intellectual paradigm) then it gets the high and honourable place but in case it does not conform to intellectual analysis then you might term it rebellion but I consider it as the approach of a true seeker and student. After that the student will franklt tell the biggest Scholar that I will not accept it for it falls short on intellectual criterion. This like Imam Malik RA saying that apart from the one in this tomb (of Rasoolallah SAW) one can disagree with all and this is what I do.

Q: So, sir, you are saying that the traditional scholars do not understand the things with Daleel?
A: there is secondary literture while the primary literature is all about Istadlaal and approaching the matter with Daleel. No tradition can be established without Daleel - argument. There is a tardition with the later (Mutakkhreen)scholars that whatever was to be understood that has been understood. I do not agree with that. I question it. Earlier scholars were not like that.

This part of the interview contains the whole problematic core. I have repeated the formulation of troublesome part and attitude several times earlier and in above segment it is present in its clearest form and with brevity.

Here I summarize it once again. There Istadlal, We can reach lots of Ilm with that. There is enormous amount of Ilm that can not be reached with Istadlal. Some of this Ilm can be reached with empiricism. Even empiricism can not cover whole of the Ilm that mankind needs. This part of the Ilm is provided by Allah SWT to us by revelation. Wahee. An ignoramus with haplessly limited capabilities who can not even step into the empirical sector of knowledge, science, is claiming omniscience, or at least significant expertize, into Ilm that lies in the revelation sector is seriously deluded and the believers have the right to play a fast one on him if they wish for he has been spreading pollution for long enough.

Now I also realize that the semi-criminals and complete criminals from Islamic Awakening ( for the benefit of the innocents on IA I am not claiming that every one there was semi or complete criminal) were all operating from the same attitude as this opinionated idiot is doing.

Next he criticizes the self imposed restrictions of Ulama that you can not go beyond the four Imams and the Salaf.
The traditional knowledge is Daleel based but I reserve the right to examine the Daleel. You can not stop me from that.

This segment is formulated in terms of arrogance but that is a deception in itself. The actual fault that he is trying to hide and sugarcoat is of vanity. He thinks he has reached a deep principle but he has not. He narcissism does not allow him to look at his faults and he mostly talks about other people's fault and how they can not appreciate the gem he has up his sleeve - Istadlal. He has been losing ground on individual results of his technique and he keeps revising his book on the basis of the feedback on these wrong conclusions. He still continues to protect his faith in Istadlal as the ultimate tool with all his abilities.

Fortune game of old UNIX operating system used to give, when asked to do so, offensive quotes. One of them used to be: Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and no one cares about other's.

Q: The traditional scholars adopt an attitude of humility about their stature and abilities while your attitude is of grandeur.

A: This attitude of humility is for buying peace. If they, the conventional scholars, surrender before traditional knoledge then they should adopt the same attitude in all matters. Then the castle of aristotle should not be demolished. The three Imams of philosophy - their magic was on the whole world.

This one of the most stupid argument put forward by him. Since we broke the spell of Socrates-Plato-Aristotle we must also demolish the traditional scholars of Islam. The idiot does not know what mine field he is walking into.

Q: How come this new Ilm came to Maulana Farahi and the Indian subcontinent only.
A: If you look at the historical process then you realize that with time new branches of inquiry open up, like Hadith and History. In historical process it is not proper to shut the door for creation of new knowledge. Should we close the door for Fiqh after four Imams, tafseer after Zamakhshari or Lughat after old scholars of dictionary? That way Ilm stpos. By encouraging questioning Ilm increases. Mutakkhareen have larger repertoire of Ilm than Muqaddimeen because the Mutakkhareen stand on the shoulders of the Mutqaddimeeen.

Here this asshole can be taken to serious task for suggesting by implication that he possesses more knowledge than Rasoolallah SAW. Thanks God he is not sitting before me otherwise I would declare myself not responsible for my actions.

May Allah SWT save us from vanity, Ujb.

He : It is not true that our scholars did not use Daleel, arguments. Our books are filled with arguments, Fiqh, Kalam, Tafseer - all are full of Dala-il.

The moron sometime in hsi life discovered logic, reasoning, scholasticism, discussion and debate and he decided that he has reached the epitome of Ilm. Pathetic and ignoramus.

Young 'Alims then argue about limitations of Daleel and its insufficiency and the fact that Daleel can not be used against Wahee. they are in the right.

He : After assessing Deen on the basis of Ilm-o-Aql, knowledge and intellect, ...

Q: There again you are making Deen subservient to Ilm-o-Aql.

A: If you do not accept Ilm-o-Aql as the deciding factor then you can not reject Christinity and Judaism too for they too have Wahee behind them. To decide the Bearer of wahee I have to use Ilm-o-Aql. If I consider rasoolallah SAW a Bearer of wahee then it is on the basis of Ilm-o-Aql. Same about Isa AS. After accepting them Prophets AS we submit to their teachings. After that what they are communicating to us that too has to be researched. Whatever people have understood from them that also will have to be analysed and researched. I do not understand what is the route apart from this. When you do dawah then you only present Daleel about Risalat. The only thing that we have is Ilm-o-Aql. What you want is that whatever your Scholars tell I should accept it without Daleel. The question there is why your Muhaddiseen demand Daleel?

1:25 over. (Argument not concluded.)

No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 12th May 2017 08:30
Dr Khalid Khan Adores Javed Ahmed Ghamdi - 17

1:25 Onwards

So the status quo at this moment is the following. He accepts revelation but for the interpretation he not only insists that he will apply Istadlal and in his magnanimity offers the same both to the masses as well as the Ulama. The funny thing is that it took him twenty five years to communicate that - the guy can not be classified to be very brilliant on the IQ scale but nevertheless is shameless enough to plod all these years. Secretly he must be enjoying his ego trip too for worthless junk never got so much of attention from common people and scholars alike and adoration from the gullible modern educated retards. I suppose closer with him is well nigh. I mean soon we shall have a final word with him and allow him to go on his way and advise the youth to dump him as a worthless wannabe Mujtahid. Lord Most High willing. that he is a completely shameless piece of biomatter should of course be communicated to his tribe who eventoday know best how to act with Be-Ghairat people.

For the time bein we got to keep one issue in mind that all the time and energy of the common people and Ulama that he has wasted will ultimately have to be answered for by him. There is no reason that he should be allowed to get away with his sabotage.

He : All the three qualities that we see in the narrators of Hadith are based on Daleel.

Q: How can you test Ilham (inspirational knowledge) on the basis of Daleel.
A: I am not examining Ilham on the basis of Daleel but the person with Ilham. Once I accept the Ilham on the basis of Ilm-o-Aql...

This answer makes it clear for the umpteenth time that he is putting Istadlal at a superior pedastal. Funnily enough he begins with the negation of the same. This clear exasperating farrago of misrepresentation, misquotation and outright lies verbalised by an incompetent but excessively eager bundle of lack of enligtenement masquerading as a self taught seeker of knowledge - if I might use Mehdi Hassan's syntax.

He: To reject Rasoolallah SAW's message I consider against faith but what I am questioning is Ulama's understanding their of. Obviously I have a right to do that and so have you.

It is clear that he could not either remain firm on his original stand to evaluate all theological knowledge on the basis of Istadlal or could not communicate the stand that he is presently adopting and propagating. Another thing to address now is where he draws the line of theological nadir. Was it with the Sahaba (RA), the Tabeyeen RA, the Salaf or the Ulama of the first millennium or the Ulama of last four hundred who brought down the theological knowledge to its knees - nadir. It has to be there somewhere. We have seen that he claims that Ilm increases with time because there are more people to indulge in Istadlal.

Let us see where he hangs himself.

Next we have a repetition of his methodology for the millionth time that he is not asking people to accept his views but only (as per the interviewer) to disintegrate.

He: With due respect I am telling you that if you will not present the things in Madarsa with due Dala-il then the knowledge you have will get burried there itself.

This is a curse and he has no reason to indulge in that. It is true that his style of thinking momentarily attracts the youth because they are just discovering their physical and mental power in their adolescent age and teenage but this attitude gets calmed down in most cases except for a minority where the ignominy is unfortunately really life long. It is in this context that we should remember the Madinah university phenomena of some years ago where the graduates of that university were out there in the open to implement the same view and methodology but slowly the things got calmed down. For example Yasir Kadhi made slow but complete U-turn about his attitude. As an academician Mr Ghamidi is dense compared to Kadhi.

Here I would like to insert another piece of personal experience. I joined Physics teaching at AMU in in 1995. A few years later I saw Muslim girls in Burqa and Hijab appearing in the classes. There was no campaign and no convassing and publicity and inducement for the same. It happened on its own. (This trend continues till today. A leftis friend started callin these girls penguins. His wife, also a colleague, one day was thoroughly and completely miffed with one such girl whose face none of us had seen. I could not understand that because this lady is quite mature and does not usually conduct herself in a questionable manner. Many weeks later I got to see the photograph of the girl in question. I realised that she was plain upto the limits and our lady colleague must have seen her face in Women's college. The girl conducted herself with peak levels of confidence and this my lady colleague could not adjust with. Let us remember that the usual blame is on us Muslims that we can not tolerate female success. Here a plain Muslim girl in Burqa had completely turned the table. The people listening to Islam are few in numbers - that is in the Noble Qur'an. These are the victorious - that too is there in the Noble Qur'an.)

In conclusion Mr Ghamidi is talking nonsense. Remind the youth of their Islamic Ghairat and Ghamidism will bite the dust not soon, not today but now. Take a bow now man before your vanity is exposed.

He : Today the times have changed.

O yeah, Mr Ghamidi.

He: World has about six billion 2.5 billion of them being Catholics. They have not accepted the Prophethood of Rasoolallah SAW. Hindus too are crossing a billion mark. Buddhists too are anywhere from .6 to .7 billion. Don't we have to communicate the message to them or not? And if you want to convey the message to them then it can onlt be on the basis of Ilm-o-Aql.

There we come to back to square one. As if our past Dawah workers did not employ Ilm-o-Aql, he is the first man to copyright it and have a patent over it. It is also clear that he does not realise that faith is step beyong Ilm-o-Aql. Even an ideology is a committment beyond Ilm-o-Aql. Ilm-o-Aql is just the first step but the silly man thinks he has got the big chip in his hand and others are deprived of it by Allah SWT in His wisdom.

Till now he was unaware of the Istadlal-Empiricism-Revelation ascendence.
Now he is unaware of Knowledge-Ideology-Faith ascendence.

He : Qur'an Majeed does Istadlal on existence of God, Risalat and Akhirat. I have learned Istadlal from Qur'an Majeed.

As if the Ulama were deprived of it by God.

He : You read the Qur'an, at various places it assersts why you do not use your brains - Aql.

This is against presumptuous. scholars have known these things for whole of the Islamic history. He or Maulana(s) Maududi or Islahi or Farahi are not the first ones to talk about Aql, Istadlal, logic, reasoning, argument, daleel, debate, discussion. Funnily they are not the first batch to get stuck at the first step called Istadlal.

Here we can inject another nuance. Suppose we allow these people the free hand they demand, then what?
Well the likelyhood of they coming with some new point is really minimal, near zero. Knowledge of Deen is fruit from the garden of Taqwa. This flower and fruit does not grow in the freelancing wayward world for freelancing is anti-thesis of submission to the will of Allah SWT. Manifestation of this in case of Mr Ghamidi and the other three Maulanas can be seen in their standing in the Sunni world. Deobandi Islam has not disappeared ( nor has Barelwi) and the experimental youth like Yasir Kadhi have come back to square one after a full long circle. And the horror scenario of modern youth turning away from Deen and Deen getting burried in Madarsa has not come out to be true. Ghamidi, on the other hand, is forced to revise his Meezan in every successive edition. And the western people are turning to Islam, every single one of them without Istadlal. Doh.

He : Qur'an Majeed says why don't you indulge in Tazakkur, Tafakkur, Tadabbur ( all meaning pondering).

This is certainly true but all this is concerned with our journey towards truth - faith. Once we reach faith then it is all accpetance and submission. The issue by now has boiled down to the approach towards the meaning of the knowledge of Deen. His stance is that Istadlal is the final word and that is available to all and it should be availed by all and earlier scholars have no preference over the later ones.

Q: In defining Sunnah and every issue of Deen you have a predilection for innovation, you are self obsessed to introduce your innovation in everything. How come you thing it right? (You have a panchant for logical equivocational fallacy where you try to inject diversions in established views on Deen. You excessively indulge in using words in their unconventional meanings. You use words like Sunnah and Hadith but give your own meaning.)

Clearly this man is indulging in bounty hunting, hoping for fluke to work in his favour, resorting to guess work. This not only betrays his lack of sincerity but ad hocism. This also smells of lack of genuineness reliability.

A: How the knowledge emanates from Rasoolallah SAW? Scholars have used three sources : words, actions, like (or dislike). I have used the same. I am not in favour of Tareef but prefer Ta-arruf ( not praise but introduction) of our book(s). You think Haj is a Sunnah of Rasoolallah SAW while I insist upon that it should be told to the people that Haj was happening even before Prophethood of Rasoolallah SAW. You call Islam Deen of rasoolallah SAW but I call it Deen of Prophets before him. These earlier origins of Islamic worship I have clarified and it was necessary that it was done for a wrong Istadlal was in place and that is present even in your Fiqh. You think the qur'an begins the Islamic Prayers while Haj and Prayers (Salah, Namaz) were present earlier. The Verse about Fasting begins by clearly stating the antecedents of fasting for earlier people.

This is a fine tuning and spin on the well known Islamic concepts. We can understand it without the technical verbosity mothed by him. Is Islam a new religion proposed by Rasoolallah SAW. The Muslim position on this is clear and well known - the Deen for Allah SWT from the beginning is Islam itself. Christianity, Judaism, Sabienism are Islams of their day. That is the orthodox Islamic thinking and it is no enlightenment from Mr Ghamidi as he so perfidiously claiming.

Sadly the young scholars were taken in by him on this issue and they did not call his bluff.

Q: You talk about changing number of Sunnah.
A: There are Naql-ul-Kaffa, sufficient written record. That decides Sunnah completely. then there are Akhbar-e-Ahad, the current news of those times. Here it is not so clear to decide about an action being Sunnah or not. You got to review your own literature.

1:40 over.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 13th May 2017 10:04
Dr Khalid Khan Adores Javed Ahmed Ghamdi - 18

1:40 Onwards

Some comments by one of the young Ulama about specification (particularly finality) of Sunnah where Mr Ghamdi indulges in muddying waters.

He: Everything is God'd world lies with finality. I want to make a journey to that finality. In that there will be hurdles. It will become final for all only after analysing it thoroughly.

Here he is suggesting that whatever knowledge of Islam has reached us it should be all reassessed in the light of his methodology.
As repeated earlier several times there are two fallacies in what he is saying. That the conventional Ulama do not use Istadlal and that he can do better. This later delusion is because of their assumption that they are better than all the past scholars in intellect.

He : People converging on something is not an argument in favour of finality because many people do not converge on unity of God and Prophethood while these things being part of Imaniyat are absolutely final.

This is the argument in the back of rejecting Ijma. Once again the misconception operating on the back of their mind is that their supposedly superior intellect can stump the Ijma of scholars.

This attitude will ultimately bite the dust because in spite intellect being a good and useful tool can not win the race, particularly in comparison to Taqwa. Their obsession with intellect will do them in. This has already happened for many of the Madinah university graduates, we have cited Yasir Kadhi as an example above, but Mr Ghamidi himself has got his feedback loop blocked in someway.

He : What did Hume did? Even a plate lying before your eyes was argued by him to be not final.

Here Mr Ghamdi indulges in a very serious crime. He just used David Hume's skepticism against three Muslims.
This is an inevitable result of his rationalist attitude. With mere rationalism you can not reach faith. You will either reach skepticism, where you shall not believe in anything, or agnosticism. Rationality is a good thing but it is hopelessly insufficient for us and particularly for faith. Here he used a conclusion from rational philosophy and he used it against his fellow Muslims. One can see from his meaningful look at the young Ulama that he was pleased with his trick.

Q: In your writings we find very objectionable and impertinent statements about Sahaba RA whom the Noble Qur'an has praised for very remarkable qualities and has even declared God's pleasure with them. You call them perpetrator of unrest.
A: What ever you have said about Sahab RA I go even beyond that (in the direction of praise). I consider them that party of pious people who are as pure as angels.

1:45 Over.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 14th May 2017 09:47
Dr Khalid Khan Adores Javed Ahmed Ghamdi - 19

1:45 Onwards

A monologue about why he adopts critical attitude towards Sahaba RA. The gist is that just because Abdullah Ibn Ubaiyy was treated as a Muslim it does not mean that everyone should be elevated to the high pedestal of a Sahabi.

This argument is again rationalist's arugment and one is left with the choice whether to accept his view or the view of the people who came before him. Clearly he is competing with the scholars of past who's Taqwa was way above our imagination, whether Ghamdi agrees or not.

He: Rajam of Sahabi. Original comment is not mine but was began by Maulana Farahi in a pamphlet. Maulana Amin Ajsan Islahi argues on it in his Tafseer. So it did not originate with me but I agree with these arguments (Farahi-Islahi). When it is a matter of law and crime then one has to look at all angles but our people look at these things from the point of view of Aqeedat. But when you have to clarify Deen you sometimes have to do post martem.

Q: How do you sit on judgement on the level and stature of Sahaba RA?
A: You have all the information in Islamic literature about Sahaba RA. Kifaya has the long explanation about how to decide someone is a Sahaba or not.Should it be on the basis of the company of Rasoolallah SAW or should it be on the basis of Hadith.
Rasoolallah SAW said that his Sahaba are like stars and be careful while talking about it. But if we find something questionable about them I will talk about it with Daleel and you can bring the conter argument and refutation but it is not good to be over sensitive in matters of Ilm. In the books of Tabaqat the levels and statures of Sahaba RA are assessed systematically. In this process mistakes are committed. All these debates and discussions are present in the history of your Ilm.

Q: Your stand about Hazrat Isa AS's passing away is different from all of Ummah and it looks as if you are contradicting Qur'an Majeed. Qur'an Majeed says that he was raised and lifte above but you insist that his soul was extracted (from body). Then you also insist that he will not come back, though continuous chain of narrations indicate to the contrary and it is said that he will come back.
A: This issue needs clarification and I have to explain it in detail. My position on this matter is not unique and here and there some people have said things on it. Allama Iqbal has stated it with utmost clarity, emphasis and insistence. Maulana Obaidullah Sindhi has narrated. Others too have been narrating. If that is the case we must pay attention to it. In my view Qur'an Majeed has narrated the things on this matter step by step for every stage. There is an Usool of Qur'an. If an issue is explained in over all manner at one place and in detail at th eother then the former sghall be understood in terms of latter and not the otherway round. The issue of death of Hazrat Isa AS has been stated in specific details and the raising is mentioned after the word Wafat (synonymous with death). We do not have a single Hadith contradicting this interpretation. The view offered by Ulama are their Ta'weelat. In reality they should answer why are indulging in apologetics (Ta'aweelat) on an obvious point. My assertion is just simple restatement of Qur'an Majeed. I am not ready to dig into any Ta'aweel on this point. The next point is about his, Hazrat Isa AS's), return.here are Traditions about it. I have narrated those Hadith. Then I have raised some questions about these. First of all we examine intial criteria about these Traditions. We can talk about that in detail, if needed, later. Then we shall ask whether the Noble Qur'an accepts these traditions. I have raised some questions from this point of view on these Traditions. In my book Meezan I have said that in the light of Qur'an Majeed we must have a second look at these Traditions. These things are known in the world of Ilm, what is objectionable about it?

Clearly the issue here is when we can ot decide a matter on the basis of the Noble Qur'an then we must take help from Hadith. Mr Ghamdi insists that since the Hadith do not favour his interpretation of the narrative of the Noble Qur'an the Hadith must be rejected.

It is apparent that the conservative Ulama will prefer the former route.

Q: Your stand on Takfeer, declaring someone an atheist, is rather illogical. In the political, social and ethical domain too you have the same attitude that if someone indulges in questionable manner then you insist that we shall only classify the act as illegal and not the person.
A: If there is an action of Kufr (atheism) or Shirk (polytheism) then it will be on the basis of my Istadlal. Let me give a very delicate example. In my book I have clearly stated that Wahdat-ul-Wajood, monism, is Shirk-polytheism. Now if a person believes in it then I shall a difference of opinion because because if I have a Daleel for polytheism he must be having one for not being polytheism. Without knowing that Daleel how can I paste a level of polytheism on him? The matter of fact is that people do not keep this fine splitting in mind while deciding about an individual.

At the moment this looks like unacceptable fine splitting because with this line of argument no criminal will ever accept his crime.

Q: Why would anyone accept his Kufr or Shirk?
A: Why are you so fond of insisting upon it?

Then there is back-and-forth of logical disagreement type where Mr Ghamdi is basically arguing that a person not accepting his Kufr or Shirk is not a Kafir of Mushrik.

He says to decide about a theory abstract Istadlal is sufficient. When deciding about individuals you have to prove that you do have a rightful jurisdiction on it.

This is about fine tuning and the issue, as I see it, can not be decided. It is like following. A person does or says something that an onlooker finds Kufr or Shirk. The doer simply refutes it verbally without saying there is no god but God. Will you accept the stand of the accused or the accuser? Here personally if we do not see an edge of the young scholars the we are also not bound to accept Mr Ghamdi's view for Faqih he is not. On the practical side we do see a disadvantage for the society here that no criminal will ever get convicted. Every criminal simply has to know the Ghamdi trick.

He: I am challenging the jurisdiction of all people who are sitting with authority to decide Kufr and Shirk.

He : In Surah Kafirron the people mentioned are those who have accepted their Kufr.

2:05 Alhamdulillah

No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 14th May 2017 10:05
Dr Khalid Khan Adores Javed Ahmed Ghamdi - 20

2:05 Onwards

He makes an argument that is not logical. A man is brought to a court and he is asked whether he has committed the crime. He accepts then he is sentenced. If he denies then the court will have to prove its jurisdiction.

This strange. If the court has to prove her jurisdiction in the second eventuality then why not in the first case also?

He : Just now you have made countless allegations against me. Now you should have the authority that you punish me in in spite of my denial of these allegation.

Q: Your passing judgement on Sufism without jurisdiction...
A: That is abour Sufism and not about any particular Sufi. I have accepted Sufis as like Imams and I have praised Sufism greatly, I do not know why people are agitated on this issue.

He : The ethics of Sufism and Islam are widely different from each other. No one talks about it though I have discussed it in detail in 80s. I have talked about Tauheed, Rislat and Ethics and that is total Deen. I am talking about written word.

Q: What part of their ethics is different from deen.
A: All of it.

This is really stark. Yet the youngmaen could not pin him down on this issue.

2:10 Over

No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 15th May 2017 17:38
Dr Khalid Khan Adores Javed Ahmed Ghamdi - 21

Q: You have catagorised Sufism as a separate religion.
A: That is about Sufism. I do not comment on personalities.

I have a Barelwi politician friend engineer Saleem Pirzada. He says that I never comment on ideologies. I always target personalities. He says this with an assertion of distinction.

I wonder which attitude is more of a distinction - to comment on ideologies or to comment on personalities.

He : Who am I to make decision on Islam and Iman of Shah Waliullah and Imam Ghazali. What right have I? But this is my right to talk about issues - on that the only thing that I have to do is Istadlal.

Q: You said that there are only four Haram items.
A: That is about those items on which there could have been confusion of being Halal.

In most of the cases he asserted that the youngmen had not read his writings carefully.
Basically in many cases he, in last twenty five years, has worked out the ways to dodge the objections to his assertions.
The rest has been taken care of by the repeated revision of his writings.
For him this is lawful and all in the game and all in a day and all fair in the progression of life.
The main issue left is his attitude towards allowing personal opinion about deciding Shariah.
Then there are specific issues on matters of Shariah where he gets away by verbal jugglery and the youngmen simply can not pin him down.

Q: You take natural instincts as a source of Deen.
A: Allah SWT's book has confidence in your natural instinct and with that confidence it tells you about allowed and forbidden things.

Q: On the social side you have lax views about headscarf and find it permissible to shake hands with women.
A: I consider Dupatta Mustahab but not Wajib.

Q: You find a way out by making every example a special case.
A: Our God is similarly lenient.

Q: About shaking hands with women? Your attitude will surely take us to obscenity.
A: He talks about keeping a distance between man and woman but surprisingly admits that formal hand shaking could be allowed!

He : I am surprised that you read about the differences of the Imams but do not obect on that.
Q: Do you have that status?
A: If the question is of status I merely consider myself as a student.

Q: One last query. You and the your company is never seen talking about problems Muslim facing the world over while a Muslim acting negatively does invite your comment.
A: Pain inflicted on Muslims is my pain and if I am asked about such matters I do express my feelings. Muslims committing wrong things is a different matter and I take it as my duty to criticize them. There has been episodes of my warnings that were ignored and the results were bad for us. You are taking me for the task after the effect. The way Allah SWT warns His chosen people, the Israelites, about their wrong doings. Iqbal's Shikwa is similarly a list of Muslim mistakes and same about Shah Waliullah's Tanbeehat.

Q: From your talks we get not Khasheeyat of Allah but from Sufis we do.
A: Khasheeyat you should get from Allah's book. This is neither my interest not my objective. I thought Allah's book will do it for you but I am surprised that you get from Sufis.

This man is mean. With this comment he simply trivialized the most pious section of our society - the Elders. There may be some good in this man but till the moment I am not aware of it.

Q: I thought this would have been the last question but two small ones still remain. One you accuse Madaris of being sources of terrorism sitting in USA - the society that is against Madaris. I am Madarsa educated, he is Madarsa educated and we never did anything to hurt anyone.
A: I have negated it here in USA, in UK. I have communicated the opposite. But this I have said that whatever is being taught in our Madaris then in that material when the student has studies it then this inclination in him is produced. I have not slapped any accusations. I have talked about thinking.

I am astounded at this answer.

Q: Osama was not a Madarsa educated nor is Zawahiri. Do not give the impression that Madarsa produces such people.
A: What do you teach in Madarsa, Deen? Or the man sermonising in the Mosque. Or the religious movements communicating to the people. I have pointed out the results of that and I have done so with proof - Daleel. If you want to talk about these things we can talk in detail. I have never called Madaris as centers of terrorism. Neither in USA, nor Uk nor Pakistan. This I have explicitly said and said repeatedly, with proof - Daleel, that the religious thought that is there in the teachings of Madaris, or in Islamic movements or in Islamic literature that particular religious thought is creating this. I am not talking about individuals but the thought.

This part is damn scary. This man is talking dangerous things. I am worried and shaken and shaking in y thoughts. Only at this point it becomes apparent how he must have gotten away with significant amount of misquotation and misrepresentation. the young Ulama did a valiant job but they had a bit tough nut with dollops of politeness and though he did not leave them convinced but he did manage to dodge them.

Muslims can not trust this man.

Q: From your writings and comments it is apparent that you are working for someone to implement their thought and bidding and either today or twenty years later you would like to see their designs implemented.
A: I have said it earlier that I am a student of Deen and when I have understood it then I narrate it with proof - Daleel. Question is not of Istemaar or non-Istemaar - imperialism and non-imperialism. I urge you too to do the same. The mistake should be slapped on the person committing it. What I am saying that the religion that we are teaching today has seeds of it. If that is not the case then state it with proof. You are saying something and he is acting upon it. This is what I have been saying. My whole focus is on the Fikr, thinking, thought process, ideology. I am not slapping any charges or allegations on people. I am not concerned with east or west or individuals or groups but only the correct thing, the truth, the one in God's book and told by His Prophet SAW. When it becomes clear to me then I consider it as my felicity to state and communicate to the people. You are merely making (false) accusation on me - that too is felicity to me.

Mutual thanks and prayers.

His Prayer : May Allah SWT grant us the Taufeeq to understand the things as they are.

Clearly his method is to question everything and depend on debate, intellectual deliberation and refutation and questioning. The traditional Ulama have emphasis on Taqwa too - an element that finds no mention in Mr Ghamdi's methodology.

This is all. Though I am signing of but in a state of panic and alarm. I had the impression of him as a opinionated wannabe Mujtahid.
This last segment of conversation has switched the warning button. This man has to be probbed deeper and it is going to be an uphill task to instill sense in his brain for at the moment he still believes that his point of view is the correct and that is what should be followed by all. The young Ulama must have come with more specific points and they should have been aware and familiar with his dodginess - they were not.

Another irritating issue for me was that what I am doing is solely Ulama's responsibility. This man has operated for twenty five years and our Ulama do not know that he can dodge the issue in your face and move on. what was more astounding that he did not lose even a single opportunity to do Tabligh of his ideology and they did not check him even once. How incompetent can one be? And what are the senior Ulama doing? I am very agitated and irritated. I once again feel the emotion articulated by dr76 that whatever our people got at the Islamic Awakening they deserved it. I am miffed.

************** Over ************
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#38 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd May 2017 17:10
Dr Khalid Khan Replies

I sent the link to the first post of this series to Dr Khalid Khan. Here is his reply.
Quote:
The quality and tone of the write up says it all...... it also doesn't provide any evidence regarding some of its 'facts' . For example , which of the books that Ghamidi mentions are not real books ?
Even if we except all in your sent link ...it doesn't answer the logic, rationale and reasons that Ghamidi (sorry -Mohammed Shafiq) presents for his conclusions and answers.
Where we agree are his arguments - you have a question , bring your stronger or better argument, present it . Period!
This article tries (very poorly) and in vain to character assassinate him and like any 'clever attempt' has some sprinkling of truths ( that Ghamidi himself admitted - his expulsion from Jamaat -e- Islami , in fact, this makes him more credible with proven failure of Jamaat )
what's in the name - his real name is Mohammad Safiq or Javed Ghamidi or Malcom X , and that he was son of a 'grave worshiper' ...so what - are we 'name' worshippers ?
And , if he is so discredited - what are the reason for :
"He became a member of Council of Islamic Ideology on 28 January 2006 for a couple of years, a constitutional body responsible for giving legal advice on Islamic issues to Pakistan Government and the Parliament. He has also taught at the Civil Services Academy from 1980 until 1991.
Also note :
Javed Ahmed Ghamidi resigned in September 2006 from the Council of Islamic Ideology (CII), a constitutional body responsible for providing legal advice on Islamic issues to the Pakistani government. His resignation was 'accepted' by the President of Pakistan. Ghamidi's resignation was prompted by the Pakistani government's formation of a separate committee of ulema to review a Bill involving women's rights; the committee was formed after extensive political pressure was applied by the MMA. Ghamidi argued that this was a breach of the CII's jurisdiction, since the very purpose of the council is to ensure that Pakistan's laws do not conflict with the teachings of Islam. He also said that the amendments in the bill proposed by the Ulema committee were against the injunctions of Islam. This event occurred when the MMA threatened to resign from the provincial and national assemblies if the government amended the Hudood Ordinance, which came into being under Zia-ul-Haq's Islamization. The Hudood Ordinances have been criticised for, among other things, insisting upon an exceptionally difficult and dangerous procedure to prove allegations of rape.
(Wikipedia)"
Question- if he is so self promoting and self seeking - why would he resign from an opportunity to stay close to the government ?[/quote]
Obviously I shall do the dissection of it. Here it is.
Quote:
The quality and tone of the write up says it all...... it also doesn't provide any evidence regarding some of its 'facts' . For example , which of the books that Ghamidi mentions are not real books ?[/quote]
Dr Khan had used some unwarranted words against me yet, to give him the advantage that is the right of a felloe believer, I had forgiven him. That was then. His new offenses I shall not condone. By siding with a person operating out of hatred against Islam he has made himself an accomplice and he is responsible for his actions. Dr Khan has betrayed a rather murky side. In above comment there are three angles. One is about the tone and quality. Clearly the tone is not to his taste and it was not meant to be. Quality he has no competence to judge. Second angle is about facts. This part is merely rhetoric flow because my comments were not in the vein of any facts. It was my opinion about the interview of Mr Ghamdi. Dr Khan is asking about fake books - there is no mention of fake books. It is clear that Dr Khan simply could not understand the comments I made.
Quote:
Even if we except all in your sent link ...it doesn't answer the logic, rationale and reasons that Ghamidi (sorry -Mohammed Shafiq) presents for his conclusions and answers.[/quote]
This is perfidy. Dr Khan could not have gone through the 2:30 hour video and my comments in the duration that he replied in. He is simply making a rhetoric refutation. Like his hero Dr Khan is defrauding. Mr Ghamdi at least reads.
Quote:
Where we agree are his arguments - you have a question , bring your stronger or better argument, present it . Period![/quote]
This is again shooting in the dark. An honest person would first read my comments but the coward simply did not do so.
[quote]This article tries (very poorly) and in vain to character assassinate him and like any 'clever attempt' has some sprinkling of truths ( that Ghamidi himself admitted - his expulsion from Jamaat -e- Islami , in fact, this makes him more credible with proven failure of Jamaat )

I did not expound on his expulsion from the Jama-at-e-Islami and proving him by using real or fictitios failure of Jama-at-e-Islami is becomes a strawman argument because I provided no provocation for this line of argument. In case I have used the phrase 'clever attempt' then it should be changed to crafty attempt. We do not need any character assassination of Mr Ghamdi - he is a bad character and that can be argued even in non-Muslim courts. His deception can be seen even by non-Muslims. Mr Ghamdi has no where to hide. Sooner or later he shall be cornered for his defrauding and he will have no option but to apologize to the whole Muslim world.
[quote]what's in the name - his real name is Mohammad Safiq or Javed Ghamidi or Malcom X , and that he was son of a 'grave worshiper' ...so what - are we 'name' worshippers ?

Rasoolallah SAW said extremely strong things about people adopting someone else's father's name. That is what is wrong in the name. The grave worshipping charge was not mine but it must have been in the post earlier. With our Elders that is a serious charge. That Dr Khan does not realize it is a clear edivence to the fact that Dr Khan is utterly and completely incapable of deciding the gravity of the issue. When a person without capability asserts on some issue, particularly acadamic, then it reflects badly on him - it betrays shamelessness.
[quote]And , if he is so discredited - what are the reason for :
"He became a member of Council of Islamic Ideology on 28 January 2006 for a couple of years, a constitutional body responsible for giving legal advice on Islamic issues to Pakistan Government and the Parliament. He has also taught at the Civil Services Academy from 1980 until 1991.
Also note :
Javed Ahmed Ghamidi resigned in September 2006 from the Council of Islamic Ideology (CII), a constitutional body responsible for providing legal advice on Islamic issues to the Pakistani government. His resignation was 'accepted' by the President of Pakistan. Ghamidi's resignation was prompted by the Pakistani government's formation of a separate committee of ulema to review a Bill involving women's rights; the committee was formed after extensive political pressure was applied by the MMA. Ghamidi argued that this was a breach of the CII's jurisdiction, since the very purpose of the council is to ensure that Pakistan's laws do not conflict with the teachings of Islam. He also said that the amendments in the bill proposed by the Ulema committee were against the injunctions of Islam. This event occurred when the MMA threatened to resign from the provincial and national assemblies if the government amended the Hudood Ordinance, which came into being under Zia-ul-Haq's Islamization. The Hudood Ordinances have been criticised for, among other things, insisting upon an exceptionally difficult and dangerous procedure to prove allegations of rape.
(Wikipedia)"

Of course the quotations used by Dr Khan are not mine so I am not answerable. But if he is falling from grace in Pakistan then is that acredtworthy thing? Does Dr Khan think that by dumping a long quote he will get the audience tired?
[quote]Question- if he is so self promoting and self seeking - why would he resign from an opportunity to stay close to the government ?

Quality of a question tells a lot about the person asking it. Clearly Dr Khan can not see the self promotion and self-seeking that is written all over Mr Ghamdi. This is adoration bordering on adulation. How and in what circumstances Mr Ghamdi resigned can never be probed in a society as scheming as that of Pakistan is. That Dr Khan should be searching for something honourable in that is at least a lame assertion and surely and decidedly falls into the category called pathetic.

Final Remarks: It took me many days to do the dissection of the interview. It was excruciating and exacting. Dr Khan had challenged me to have 'courage' to go through it. When I did go through it and gave my d-a-m-n-i-n-g indictment Dr Khan indulges in heraldry and can not even go through it. Is there any Ghairat?

I once again repeat that I was astounded by the perfidy inherent in Mr Ghamdi's personality. Sadly he has at least one mathematician fan who is completely gullible. May the two of them be judged together on the Last day.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#39 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd May 2017 10:46
Theological vs Secular Education

Late Maulana Ataullah Shah Bukhari lamented that the brightest of Muslim youth either went to Aligarh or Jamia while the Madarsa was (is) left with the third rate mind.

This is a very heartbreaking admission from a mind that was bright in itself but on the Madarsa side.

So what are the implications of this sad situation? There are many but for now we shall focus on one aspect only.

The Aligarh academia has a view bordering on faith that the Madarsa academia is useless, inapt, non-consequential, lacks intelligence completely and theology would be better off without them.

A manifestation of this attitude can be seen in sundry remarks of secular academia on theological academia.

A very senior administrative officer of the university remarked sometime ago,"Who is this Mullah Maripat?" The reference is to my beard. If I have a beard I am a Mullah and a Mullah does not know nothing.

Then there is this attitude that any one from secular academia can always do better than the brightest of a Maulanas.

Is this attitude of secular academia justified?

My answer is in the negative. My answer has to be anecdotal.

In past there has been such bright luminaries in theology that today's secular academia will cringe at the idea of facing them - in theological issues. Bukhari, Abu Hanifa, Ibn Taimiyya, Ghazali, Suyuti, Nizamuddin Auliya, Shaikh Ahmed Sirhindi, Shah Waliullah RA were very bright stars at intellectual level.

Cut to the present. There is young theologian, unfortunately not positively disposed towards my favourite interpretation of Islam, in UK, originally from Gujarat, who can give goose pimples to secular academia of Aligarh. This single example should demolish the superiority complex that secular academia harbours.

But even this is not my main point. the main point is that theological matters do not belong to the intellectual department. Intellectual facilities are required in these matters but these are not of utmost importance. What is important in theological realm is piety. More pious a person is more dexterous he is in theology.

The strange thing is that even western intelligentsia knows this. Unfortunately in last five hundred years it is the secular intelligentsia that has betrayed Islam and Muslims most. They did not keep up in science and hence in technology and hence Muslim society fell into the colonial slavery and today we are in economic colonial slavery. The relevance of this line of thought for the issue at hand is that though the western society is aware of the value of piety but the Muslim modern educated secular academia is not.

The west knows that there is IQ and there is something superior called EQ and even more superior called SQ - the Spiritual Quotient.

It is the SQ that makes Dalai Lama the favourite religious figure to the west. Muslims on the other hand are busy denigrating their own theological figures. The common wisdom you hear is, "The Mullah is responsible for the ills of the Ummah - Muslim society".

Rasoolallah SAW said that scholars are the causes behind both the rise and the decline of his Ummah. Everyday I become more and more inclined towards believing that the current decline of Muslim world, the Ummah, is owing to the secular Scholars and not the theological Ulama.

This post is copied from a Facebook status of my own.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#40 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd May 2017 17:00
Why Ghamidi Matters?

Mohammed Maroof Shah

Who remembers authors of 40 fatwas against Iqbal today?

Who sends blessings to the person who greeted Sir Syed with shoes? Who respects those who persecuted great thinkers in Islamic history? And isn’t ours an age where argument rather than sermonizing is more convincing?

Today’s persecuted, reviled minds could be tomorrow’s celebrities. Javed Ahmad Ghamidi, I have reasons to think, is one of our most brilliant and original scholars who has been more reviled than read and condemned for certain inferences in which he is not unique. We mayn’t or needn’t agree with everything of any great scholar in the history of Islam. We need to identify the basic methodology of the scholar to situate him properly in context. Thus approached Ghamidi is rooted in Tradition, builds upon the universally accepted sources, is not a modernist or rationalist, avoids references to Orientalists or other imported authorities and is careful enough to present his viewpoint as a possible one for open debate and criticism. Let us debate them and give our judgments after proper hearing. What Mawlana Saed Akbar Abadi wrote about Iqbal’s Madras lectures, that there are precedents for his seemingly new or unique views in previous Islamic history, one can assert about Ghamidi as well. He approaches previous scholarship the way Iqbal required - “respectfully but critically.”

Calm, cool, poetic, eloquent, agile, witty, brilliant, humane, subtle and insightful, often provocative with subtle sense of humour, Ghamidi radiates an aura that both soothes and illuminates. Ghamidi is not merely a preacher. He is not a polemicist. He is not self righteous ideologue who fulminates in loud tone against other schools.

Without necessarily agreeing all the way through, we can, regarding Ghamidi’s most famous (liberal) views on democracy, hudood, Islamic State, fine arts including music, pictures, beard, headscarf, women’s witness and need of muharram in travel, generally speaking, point out precedents in well known modern scholars. In practice, if not in theory, most believing Muslims, willingly or unwillingly, are with him on many issues that raise eyebrows. Let us not debate the individual issues but general methodology he invokes. And here it is to be lamented that hardly any serious work has been done by critics. I await serious engagement with his methodology. And who has told us that there is agreement in 1400 years on any major issues he has differently articulated? Islam doesn’t require agreement on legalistic, theological, and a host of other issues but only that one should be able to invoke sources in defending one’s views.

One can’t be allowed to ignore Revelation and Sunnah. And Ghamidi never ignores. He reads them differently. And there has never been veto on new readings in Islamic history as there is no Church in Islam, and the Quran is inexhaustible and every new reading discovers something new and if it doesn’t, it means we haven’t been able to do justice to the Quran, as Ibn Arabi noted.

If we don’t reject Imam Bukhari for holding certain views (such as regarding interaction with namuharram) that appear quite unprecedented and extremely bold, why we are so uncharitable to Ghamidi? If some views of Zahiri school of fiqh are for 22nd century sensibility, why single out Ghamidi for seemingly new views that 20th or 21st century sensibility finds in tune. Isn’t choosing a more liberal view

Well, Ghamidi may be mistaken and we reserve the right to criticize. I personally find him inconsistent in certain places including those that engage with Sufi metaphysics and hermeneutics. I find his hermeneutical principle rather artificially restricting and I wonder how he chooses to ignore great strides in hermeneutics made in the traditional East including Islamic lands and the modern West. Let us seek to show how he fares in light of one’s alternative hermeneutic rather than accuse him of misguidance. Who can claim to be rightly guided on every major and minor issue when we have been given the (open ended) Quran and the Prophet’s authority to interpret it (known in select few cases with certainty) and the history of countless schools/alternative views in every field of traditional scholarship including fiqh, kalam, and tafseer? Who can say he or she has copyright over a particular interpretation as the prophetic interpretation? Only the most ignorant person can assert homogeneity in traditional understanding our great Aslaaf bequeathed us. God doesn’t want our agreement on details. Ultimately if it is grace rather than actions that save man finally as all Muslims believe, why so much anxiety to impose one’s “right” opinion in peripheral legal matters that concern actions? (Anyway there has never been a disagreement on key virtues and basic ethical commandments, even between religions, not to speak of among legal schools of Islam. Ad-Deen, hikmah, Ghamidi explains, concerns or draws legitimacy from our natural intuitive drives and needs that no sane person denies). Do you think that we will be, and are judged by the length of shalwars or beards in a world where the shalwar we know is unknown in many places and countless people including Eskimos, for biological reasons, can’t grow beards because nature doesn’t choose to adorn them thus? Let us put first things first. It is pride and all its manifestations that burn in hell. And judging others often involves a manifestation of pride and that explains why we have been commanded “Judge not.” Let us leave to God what is God’s – the right to judge.

Ghamidi belongs to future. He is already the most popular scholar for better educated sections of society. His popularity is going to increase. He is there to stay even if he is exiled to the otherworld. This is because he touches a deep chord in all of us. Muslim women have especially more reasons to take note of him as he is able to address their queries in such a humane and rational manner. Compare his views on purdah with Syed Moududi, Dr Israr or Ibn Baz and we can understand how and why he is unique and more convincing for modern Muslim women.

Let those who disagree with Ghamidi copy his polite attitude towards his adversaries. His voice box never grows shrill. He never claims to be the scholar but says he is a student. He is always open to changing or correcting his views if critics can point out. I am afraid if he has been understood by those who dismiss him without reading. We can dismiss some of his readings but not him. There is no Fascism in Islam that proscribes right to tafaqqur and tadabbur. Ghamidi is a phenomenon. Exceptionally bright and brilliant and original mind. Let those who accuse Ghamdi of misguidance explain who has copyright over guidance in matters theological and juristic in a religion that has no room for Church. Let us debate Ghamdi. Let us debate with Ghamdi. Let us learn how to debate like Ghamdi.

Let us not ignore that it is thanks to Ghamidi that many educated Muslims have been able to resist atheism and many women who have been saved from soul killing guilt for failing to observe or not choosing to observe conventional purdah. Ghamdi educates, illuminates and thereby liberates.

I am not a Ghamidian ideologue; neither does Ghamidi encourage marketing his views. He invites us to think. We may take refuge in not thinking and keep avoiding the realm of what Arkoun calls unthought. Those who think Islam is a cut and dry system, has all the ready made answers that we only need to implement, need to engage with Arkoun’s Retrhinking Islam, Abu Nasr Zayd and others. The Quran too invites us to think and rethink. The Companions valued thinking and getting corrected by even most ordinary people in the audience. (A woman corrected Hazrat Umar on the question of dower and he gratefully accepted correction).

After Syed Moududi, he seems to be destined to become the most influential Muslim scholar. He is direly needed in a world ripped apart by fundamentalism, for clarifying Islamic view of State. Iqbal’s son, Javed Iqbal, has remarked that Muslims keep emphasizing the need for Ijtihad and if anyone does it, he or she is targeted. This explains uneasiness with Ghamidi.

Those who have known Ghamdi report about his saintly ethic. Those who have read his works closely can’t resist getting impressed by him. Like a Socratic gadfly he asks hard irritating questions.

Source : GK

Quote:
Who remembers authors of 40 fatwas against Iqbal today?[/quote]
The implication in this question is that Mr Javed Ahmed Ghamidi is like Allama Iqbal.
This assertion is facetious.
Quote:
Who sends blessings to the person who greeted Sir Syed with shoes? Who respects those who persecuted great thinkers in Islamic history? And isn’t ours an age where argument rather than sermonizing is more convincing?[/quote]
the relevant things here are two. One, no one defends Sir Syed's wrong theological assertions today. Second, Allah SWT says in the Noble Qur'an to remind the believers of the Deen for it benefits the believers. This falls against the assertion in above quote.

Quote:
Today’s persecuted, reviled minds could be tomorrow’s celebrities. Javed Ahmad Ghamidi, I have reasons to think, is one of our most brilliant and original scholars who has been more reviled than read and condemned for certain inferences in which he is not unique.[/quote]
Here we have to reject that Ghamidi's assertions are true because he is not the first one to make them.
Secondly if he is not the first one to make them then he should not be praised in the exalted terms in which he has been praised in this fragment.
Quote:
We mayn’t or needn’t agree with everything of any great scholar in the history of Islam. [/quote]
This is a deceptive proof of his greatness. You are held on random by the non-assertive clause of may not and need not and the writer slips in the conclusion that Mr Ghamidi is great.
Quote:
We need to identify the basic methodology of the scholar to situate him properly in context. Thus approached Ghamidi is rooted in Tradition, builds upon the universally accepted sources, is not a modernist or rationalist, avoids references to Orientalists or other imported authorities and is careful enough to present his viewpoint as a possible one for open debate and criticism. Let us debate them and give our judgments after proper hearing. What Mawlana Saed Akbar Abadi wrote about Iqbal’s Madras lectures, that there are precedents for his seemingly new or unique views in previous Islamic history, one can assert about Ghamidi as well. He approaches previous scholarship the way Iqbal required - “respectfully but critically.” [/quote]
He is not rooted in tradition - he is actively promoting revolt against tradition and advocating free lancing and opinionating.

Quote:
Calm, cool, poetic, eloquent, agile, witty, brilliant, humane, subtle and insightful, often provocative with subtle sense of humour, Ghamidi radiates an aura that both soothes and illuminates. Ghamidi is not merely a preacher. He is not a polemicist. He is not self righteous ideologue who fulminates in loud tone against other schools. [/quote]
This what Mehdi Hassan and Shashi Tharoor would call an exasperating farrago of adulation, lies and fan frothing. Sadly the responsibility falls upon us to dissect it.
Quote:
Calm, cool, poetic, eloquent, agile, witty, brilliant, humane, subtle and insightful, .... [/quote]
True. But the question is what purpose he is putting all these gifts of Allah SWT?
A: Against Islam.
Quote:
... often provocative with subtle sense of humour, Ghamidi radiates an aura that both soothes and illuminates.[/quote]
Unfortunately deceptive.
Quote:

Ghamidi is not merely a preacher. He is not a polemicist. He is not self righteous ideologue who fulminates in loud tone against other schools.[/quote]
He is certainly hitting at the traditional understanding of Islam and Sufism.
Quote:
Without necessarily agreeing all the way through, we can, regarding Ghamidi’s most famous (liberal) views on democracy, hudood, Islamic State, fine arts including music, pictures, beard, headscarf, women’s witness and need of muharram in travel, generally speaking, point out precedents in well known modern scholars.[/quote]
There are the things that are prescribed in Islam.
Eat this, drink this, marry, enjoy.
We like these.
Then there are the things that are proscribed.
Do not shake hands with non-Mahram, avoid music, no mixing between sexes.
We do not like them.
There are Halaal things and there are Haraam things.
Our Baser Self induces us to go for the latter.
Ghamidi is prividing theological incentive for it.
Quote:
In practice, if not in theory, most believing Muslims, willingly or unwillingly, are with him on many issues that raise eyebrows.[/quote]
Unfortunately true.

Quote:
Let us not debate the individual issues but general methodology he invokes. And here it is to be lamented that hardly any serious work has been done by critics. I await serious engagement with his methodology. And who has told us that there is agreement in 1400 years on any major issues he has differently articulated? Islam doesn’t require agreement on legalistic, theological, and a host of other issues but only that one should be able to invoke sources in defending one’s views.[/quote]
I have seen a booklet on his thought and it does not approve of him.

Quote:
And who has told us that there is agreement in 1400 years on any major issues he has differently articulated?[/quote]
Several points in his conclusions are contested.

Quote:
One can’t be allowed to ignore Revelation and Sunnah. And Ghamidi never ignores. He reads them differently. And there has never been veto on new readings in Islamic history as there is no Church in Islam, and the Quran is inexhaustible and every new reading discovers something new and if it doesn’t, it means we haven’t been able to do justice to the Quran, as Ibn Arabi noted.[/quote]
Perhaps this was the route taken by those who modified Judaism and Christianity in the favour of their collective and individual Nafs.
Quote:

If we don’t reject Imam Bukhari for holding certain views (such as regarding interaction with namuharram) that appear quite unprecedented and extremely bold, why we are so uncharitable to Ghamidi? If some views of Zahiri school of fiqh are for 22nd century sensibility, why single out Ghamidi for seemingly new views that 20th or 21st century sensibility finds in tune. Isn’t choosing a more liberal view [/quote]
Because it is against the conservative understanding and leaves nothing in the Deen that is anything supra our Baser Self. His conclusions amount to near total destruction of Deen.

Quote:
Well, Ghamidi may be mistaken and we reserve the right to criticize. I personally find him inconsistent in certain places including those that engage with Sufi metaphysics and hermeneutics. I find his hermeneutical principle rather artificially restricting and I wonder how he chooses to ignore great strides in hermeneutics made in the traditional East including Islamic lands and the modern West. Let us seek to show how he fares in light of one’s alternative hermeneutic rather than accuse him of misguidance. Who can claim to be rightly guided on every major and minor issue when we have been given the (open ended) Quran and the Prophet’s authority to interpret it (known in select few cases with certainty) and the history of countless schools/alternative views in every field of traditional scholarship including fiqh, kalam, and tafseer? Who can say he or she has copyright over a particular interpretation as the prophetic interpretation? Only the most ignorant person can assert homogeneity in traditional understanding our great Aslaaf bequeathed us. God doesn’t want our agreement on details. Ultimately if it is grace rather than actions that save man finally as all Muslims believe, why so much anxiety to impose one’s “right” opinion in peripheral legal matters that concern actions? (Anyway there has never been a disagreement on key virtues and basic ethical commandments, even between religions, not to speak of among legal schools of Islam. Ad-Deen, hikmah, Ghamidi explains, concerns or draws legitimacy from our natural intuitive drives and needs that no sane person denies). Do you think that we will be, and are judged by the length of shalwars or beards in a world where the shalwar we know is unknown in many places and countless people including Eskimos, for biological reasons, can’t grow beards because nature doesn’t choose to adorn them thus? Let us put first things first. It is pride and all its manifestations that burn in hell. And judging others often involves a manifestation of pride and that explains why we have been commanded “Judge not.” Let us leave to God what is God’s – the right to judge. [/quote]
This hip-hop and see-saw between his positives and negatives is not a strong point of this note. The author must have delineated the rights and wrongs of Ghamidi in no uncertain terms.

After that the question would be about the gravity of his wrongs.
Are his wrongs serious enough to classify him as harmful?
These questions have not been addressed in this question.
The Ulama that this article derides have done that.
Mr Ghamidi has not earned their approval.

Quote:
Ghamidi belongs to future. He is already the most popular scholar for better educated sections of society. His popularity is going to increase. He is there to stay even if he is exiled to the otherworld. This is because he touches a deep chord in all of us. Muslim women have especially more reasons to take note of him as he is able to address their queries in such a humane and rational manner. Compare his views on purdah with Syed Moududi, Dr Israr or Ibn Baz and we can understand how and why he is unique and more convincing for modern Muslim women.

Muslim Ummah has faced great decline and decay in past but Rasoolallah SAW said that every hundred years a Mujaddid will be born in it. Why do we need a Mujaddid? Because there has to be decay first. This decay may or may not be automatic. There might be catalysts like Mr Ghamidi. If he becomes future of this Ummah then we do have the assurance of Rasoolallah SAW's Hadith.

[quote]Let those who disagree with Ghamidi copy his polite attitude towards his adversaries. His voice box never grows shrill.

True. The trouble is that the polite facade also hides the hideous.

[quote] He never claims to be the scholar but says he is a student.

Again true. But then a student must be a seeker and his questions should not be the questions of a person who objects.
Unfortunatelt Ghamidi fails on that account.
[quote]
He is always open to changing or correcting his views if critics can point out.

And this is taken as a great thing on part of his fans.
Islam was finalized 1400 hundred years ago and he is sowing doubts in young minds today.
[quote] I am afraid if he has been understood by those who dismiss him without reading.

This is presumptuous.
[quote]We can dismiss some of his readings but not him.

The assumption here is that the author has understood him best while those who criticize him have not.
[quote]There is no Fascism in Islam that proscribes right to tafaqqur and tadabbur.

Both of these terms are exalted but this is not an invitation to freelancing.

[quote]Ghamidi is a phenomenon.

Unfortunately. That is where the problem lies. A phenomenon can be good or it could be a Fitna. In case of Mr Ghamidi the verdict of the conservative Ulama is in favour of the second possibility.
[quote]
Exceptionally bright and brilliant and original mind.

What use is this intelligence being put to is the question without any committment to the level of brilliance.

[quote]Let those who accuse Ghamdi of misguidance explain who has copyright over guidance in matters theological and juristic in a religion that has no room for Church. Let us debate Ghamdi. Let us debate with Ghamdi. Let us learn how to debate like Ghamdi.

Deen indeed is not a matter of opinion. Deen is about submission. Ghamidi is advocating wholesale opinionating and that hits at the core of Deen.

[quote]Let us not ignore that it is thanks to Ghamidi that many educated Muslims have been able to resist atheism and many women who have been saved from soul killing guilt for failing to observe or not choosing to observe conventional purdah. Ghamdi educates, illuminates and thereby liberates.

The danger is that he might create a faith crisis amongst the youth who are impressed by him. As far as liberation of women is concerned after liberating their own women the west is certainly hell bent upon liberating our women. Ghamidi is a significant conduit.
[quote]I am not a Ghamidian ideologue; neither does Ghamidi encourage marketing his views.

Two lies here. Former can be seen from this article itself. Latter one is apparent from the fact that Ghamdi actively promotes his views.
[quote]He invites us to think.

That is marketing.
[quote]We may take refuge in not thinking and keep avoiding the realm of what Arkoun calls unthought.

Now we got to chase this bloke called Arkoun.

[quote]Those who think Islam is a cut and dry system, has all the ready made answers that we only need to implement, need to engage with Arkoun’s Retrhinking Islam, Abu Nasr Zayd and others.

More preaching.

[quote]The Quran too invites us to think and rethink.

It also openly declared "Here there is no doubt.." just after Surah Fatiha. Ghamidi openly invites towards doubting.

[quote]The Companions valued thinking and getting corrected by even most ordinary people in the audience. (A woman corrected Hazrat Umar on the question of dower and he gratefully accepted correction).

The trouble here is that Mr Ghamidi is following the path of that woman who in all probability was a Sahabia RA.
That is a great promotion that he is trying to avail.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Germany
Brother
#41 [Permalink] Posted on 24th May 2017 12:26
Please bear my question: Is this really a healthy approach in dealing with Dr. Javed Ghamidi (and his likes)? The two (Madrasa) scholars in the linked video asked totally wrong questions and in an aggressive immature manner. What was the result of this 2+1/2 hrs conversation? They couldn't bring a single point home and it now serves as propaganda FOR Javed bhai. This thread also reads mostly like a rant to me. The most useful might be the character assassination by Mufti Abu Lubaba sahab (may Allah preserve him). The housewives and laborers casually watching Dr. sahab on TV and the breed from universities reading his articles could care less, if he graduated from a Darul 'Uloom or relies on self-study. And if you're not really targeting these then there's no point in even dealing with Ghamidi, because no-one inclined towards traditional Islam gives him an ear anyway. Or you aspire applause from your own camp, then please refrain from reading my post further. Facts from the video at least remain, that he is very well read, displays a decent amount of consistency and acts less judgmental. This way he appeals to the masses...

So, you can take the route of scrutinizing each and every word he says or writes (and this will take you at least as long as it did take him to write Meezan) or you try to summarize the false & misleading APPROACH of Dr. Javed Ghamidi and highlight these issues. (Shaykh) Prof. Muhammad Rafeeq sahab did a good job in summarizing the goals & aims of the Ghamidi movement in 10 points. Also, Ghamidi himself admits one of his biggest crimes himself (somewhere down the interview), that he simply picks smaller & weaker opinions (wether in usul or furu) he can find and highlights them. So, if you ask him for proofs of his usool and furoo, he assures that these existed before him and were the opinion of some very respected Salaf. Or that he derived them from discussions and questions posed in classical works. This is a no win situation for you and will lead to never ending rebuttals on whether we should keep a beard or not or wear hijab or not. How are you going to close this door, when the Imams of the exact same time the opinions he relies upon were created could not close it? This will lead to frustration and aggression displayed here and elsewhere.

Way of turning around the tables according to me is to question, wether such minor, weak & single opinions should be relied upon or not? Should Dr. Javed Ghamidi be allowed to openly propagate his "findings of rarities" or not? Explain to the masses, why the preservation of our Deen lies in relying on the principles and matters majority of scholars relied upon from the time of the Sahabah. Show them the real life harms of blatantly ignoring Taqleed. They think we are promoting Taqleed and traditional scholarship, because we are running a business in the name of Islam. You have to change this perspective and it will insha'Allah automatically kill the boost of Ghamidi sahab and thousands of his offsprings at the same time. Illustrate the need of practising upon Islam as understood by the Sahabah since Allah commands us to do that at various instances in the Quran. When these noble figures didn't regard keeping the beard or the trouser over the ankles as trivial issues, then why should we? Both books of (Shaykh) Prof. Muhammad Rafiq and Dr. Mufti Abdul Wahid can serve as a good basis for this.

(Pakistani) masses are totally ignorant about who they should take their Deen from. Just consider that the Ramazan Program on Pakistani TV is mostly led by lady-anchors busy posing for semi-nude photography in their free time. Telling them so-and-so is not a Madrassa graduate makes them laugh and ask: "So, what?" They are sick of theological hierarchy and will not confine themselves to the Taqleed propagated from our Mimbars. You need to make them think the right way: Do all the issues on which Dr. shb differs from the practice of the majority not have an interesting pattern of non-Muslim opinions? Are we really pleasing Allah by relying on these minor opinions and principles or the whims of the non-Muslims? Should our Deen be resembling the western culture or that of the Sahabah?

Muslims should be crystal clear about these issues:

1) What are the sources of our Deen? And from who should we learn our Deen from?
2) Can any opinion be relied upon? Are weak & minor opinions to be practiced upon?
3) Does every difference of opinion qualify to be taken out from theological realms into practical life?
4) Did Sahabah practice a cultural Islam or is their lifestyle the key to Allah's pleasure?
5) What are the real harms in regard to the preservation of Islam on an individual & collective level, when ignoring and being neglectful about these points above?

After these things become clear, then highlighting the flaws in Meezan, Maqamaat & Burhan (like Shaykh Prof. Muhammad Rafeeq and Mufti Dr. Abdul Wahid shb did) will do the rest. Until people are not aware and familiar with the principally approach of our Deen and educated in a suitable manner, ranting will take us nowhere.

These are just my thoughts and obviously might be totally flawed. I would be more than happy by any Islah done by you guys. ;-)
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#42 [Permalink] Posted on 24th May 2017 16:08
True Life wrote:
View original post

I mostly agree. I might take up some issues later on.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#43 [Permalink] Posted on 24th May 2017 17:43
True Life wrote:
View original post

Quote:
Please bear my question: Is this really a healthy approach in dealing with Dr. Javed Ghamidi (and his likes)?[/quote]
No. But I can say this only post facto.
Quote:
The two (Madrasa) scholars in the linked video asked totally wrong questions and in an aggressive immature manner. [/quote]

They did ask the right questions and I would not have regretted the aggression too but they did not know that he is a veteran specializing precisely to tackle such an onslaught. One up for Mr Ghamdi.

Quote:
What was the result of this 2+1/2 hrs conversation? They couldn't bring a single point home and it now serves as propaganda FOR Javed bhai. [/quote]
I agree again.
Quote:
... propaganda FOR Javed bhai.[/quote]
For me it is distressing that he is a Bhai for you.
Quote:
This thread also reads mostly like a rant to me.[/quote]
I was not on his side to begin with and I am not on his side after it.
If my efforts ends up merely as a rant then out of three stages (1) stop evil by force (2) speech or (3) in your heart I reached at least the middle level.
Quote:
The most useful might be the character assassination by Mufti Abu Lubaba sahab (may Allah preserve him).[/quote]
I have not seen that. You see akhi the Kuffar of Makkah dumped camel intestine junk on Rasoolallah SAW's back while he was in prostration. How does that make me feel? I feel something similar when Mr Ghamdi escaped the clutches of these students. Truth did not win but that can not be the ultimate out come. My personal impression is that truth shall not attain complete victory till the Last Day. Remember according to the Hadith last forty years on this Earth will be full of Kufr and even Kaba will be demolished by a man.

Afterall this world is a testing ground for us to see whether we still stick with the truth when the falsehood is having a good day. Falsehood is ceratinly having a good day today. Five hundred years ago we were ousted from Spain. Today RSS is hell bent upon trying to oust us from India. Though we have kicked out physical colonialism by economic, political and mental colonialism is still in place. Mr Ghamdi is making best use of our weak state and I shall take is Allah SWT's wish. I do not think he is on the truth and I am siding with the losing young Ulama.

Quote:
The housewives and laborers casually watching Dr. Sahab on TV and the breed from universities reading his articles could care less, if he graduated from a Darul 'Uloom or relies on self-study.[/quote]
I agree and I knew it but I did not know the level of penetration of his charm.
Quote:
And if you're not really targeting these then there's no point in even dealing with Ghamidi, because no-one inclined towards traditional Islam gives him an ear anyway. [/quote]
I agree but part of the realization came only after doing above dissection.
Quote:
Or you aspire applause from your own camp, then please refrain from reading my post further. [/quote]
Strange.
Quote:
Facts from the video at least remain, that he is very well read, displays a decent amount of consistency and acts less judgmental. This way he appeals to the masses...
[/quote]
(1) Well read: Agree.
(2) Consistency: Revising Meezan with every edition smacks of lack of consistency to me. Plus decent amount of consistency after twenty five years can be praised for perseverance only. Finally collecting the minority opinion of about fourteen hundred years in my view should not be classified an an honourable achievement.
(3) Mass Appeal : The question is that should we allow these masses to be mislead?

Quote:
So, you can take the route of scrutinizing each and every word he says or writes (and this will take you at least as long as it did take him to write Meezan) ....[/quote]
I agree. But I have no desire to boost his ego.

Quote:

... or you try to summarize the false & misleading APPROACH of Dr. Javed Ghamidi and highlight these issues. (Shaykh) Prof. Muhammad Rafeeq sahab did a good job in summarizing the goals & aims of the Ghamidi movement in 10 points.

How much has that helped. Mr Ghamdi is a Fitna and he remains so even after Professor Rafiq's summary.

[quote]Also, Ghamidi himself admits one of his biggest crimes himself (somewhere down the interview), that he simply picks smaller & weaker opinions (wether in usul or furu) he can find and highlights them. So, if you ask him for proofs of his usool and furoo, he assures that these existed before him and were the opinion of some very respected Salaf. Or that he derived them from discussions and questions posed in classical works. This is a no win situation for you and will lead to never ending rebuttals on whether we should keep a beard or not or wear hijab or not. How are you going to close this door, when the Imams of the exact same time the opinions he relies upon were created could not close it? This will lead to frustration and aggression displayed here and elsewhere.

I agree and I did not fall into this trap. Unfortunately the problem still remains.
[quote]Way of turning around the tables according to me is to question, wether such minor, weak & single opinions should be relied upon or not?

Agree again. I shall bring in your own observation into this slot - that no-one inclined towards traditional Islam gives him an ear anyway. Yet the nasty fact and reality of his mass appeal remains like the elephant in the drawing room.

[quote]Should Dr. Javed Ghamidi be allowed to openly propagate his "findings of rarities" or not?

This is what we all agree with - the answer is in the negation.

[quote]Explain to the masses, why the preservation of our Deen lies in relying on the principles and matters majority of scholars relied upon from the time of the Sahabah. Show them the real life harms of blatantly ignoring Taqleed. They think we are promoting Taqleed and traditional scholarship, because we are running a business in the name of Islam. You have to change this perspective and it will insha'Allah automatically kill the boost of Ghamidi sahab and thousands of his offsprings at the same time. Illustrate the need of practising upon Islam as understood by the Sahabah since Allah commands us to do that at various instances in the Quran.

Do you realise that this is a gigantic task? This all is engendered by a single man. He is having an ego trip. Do you also realise what a burdensome prospect it creates for our beloved Ulama? Do you realise that he is poaching on our unaware masses? Most probably you do. Perhaps that is why you came out of your exile from forums. That is why I am still rubbing my ass on chair. My impression is that we do not get victory directly as a consequence of our actions and efforts but as a gift from Allah SWT as His Mercy.

[quote]When these noble figures didn't regard keeping the beard or the trouser over the ankles as trivial issues, then why should we? Both books of (Shaykh) Prof. Muhammad Rafiq and Dr. Mufti Abdul Wahid can serve as a good basis for this.

Perhpas. At the moment we can be sure that a person has made a career out of these crumbs and we have not yet pinned him against the wall.
[quote]
(Pakistani) masses are totally ignorant about who they should take their Deen from. Just consider that the Ramazan Program on Pakistani TV is mostly led by lady-anchors busy posing for semi-nude photography in their free time. Telling them so-and-so is not a Madrassa graduate makes them laugh and ask: "So, what?" They are sick of theological hierarchy and will not confine themselves to the Taqleed propagated from our Mimbars.

Agree once again.
[quote]You need to make them think the right way: Do all the issues on which Dr. shb differs from the practice of the majority not have an interesting pattern of non-Muslim opinions? Are we really pleasing Allah by relying on these minor opinions and principles or the whims of the non-Muslims? Should our Deen be resembling the western culture or that of the Sahabah?

These were the things that we used to agree upon in SF days. SF has disappeared but Ghamdi has not.
[quote]Muslims should be crystal clear about these issues:

1) What are the sources of our Deen? And from who should we learn our Deen from?
2) Can any opinion be relied upon? Are weak & minor opinions to be practiced upon?
3) Does every difference of opinion qualify to be taken out from theological realms into practical life?
4) Did Sahabah practice a cultural Islam or is their lifestyle the key to Allah's pleasure?
5) What are the real harms in regard to the preservation of Islam on an individual & collective level, when ignoring and being neglectful about these points above?

You can see this part belongs rightfully as well as dutifully to our Ulama.
Have they done the due? I am not sure. Let us also not forget that our Ulama did not deal withthe Islamic Awakening Fitna effectively. That IA disappeared was providence. Fortunately the pesky ideology advocated by IA also subsided and there we can give some credit to off the forum efforts of our Ulama.

[quote]After these things become clear, then highlighting the flaws in Meezan, Maqamaat & Burhan (like Shaykh Prof. Muhammad Rafeeq and Mufti Dr. Abdul Wahid shb did) will do the rest.

I support, commend and appreciate your suggestion and request the Ulama to do the needful. In the meanwhile we too have to keep our own efforts active to consign this Fitnah to dustbin.

[quote]Until people are not aware and familiar with the principally approach of our Deen and educated in a suitable manner, ranting will take us nowhere.

Agree.

[quote]These are just my thoughts and obviously might be totally flawed. I would be more than happy by any Islah done by you guys. ;-)

That is polite and we have been doing this kind of thing from SF days!

You did not comment about the massive use of politeness made by Mr Ghamdi.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Germany
Brother
#44 [Permalink] Posted on 25th May 2017 03:17
Hmmm... so many scattered thoughts, Prof sahab. The intended sarcasm in calling Ghamidi "bhai" is obvious and lol at the "exile from forums" punchline. I feel some of my sentences have been slightly misunderstood, but I don't mind. Nice jabs in your post, made my jaw hurt. ;-)
+2 -0Like x 1Creative x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#45 [Permalink] Posted on 25th May 2017 06:52
True Life wrote:
View original post

Quote:
Hmmm... so many scattered thoughts, Prof sahab.[/quote]
Agree once again. I suppose I can reclassify my profession as a thought collector.
Quote:
The intended sarcasm in calling Ghamidi "bhai" is obvious and lol at the "exile from forums" punchline.

Honestly I missed that. It was on the back of my mind that you have a German mother and your sensibilities will include appreciable chunk of European variety but to tell you the truth I will never get a complete grip on western bent of mind. In that aspect you are more special than the rest.

Incidentally it was a uphill task for me to get a feel of the nuances of Ghamdi's personality - these are the things you got in a simple reading the posts and watching the video. For me every five minutes of video took one hour to handle.

I can tell you our western Muslim brothers are very well placed to do enormous Dawah work because they will bring in that western sensibility into picture.

[quote]
I feel some of my sentences have been slightly misunderstood, but I don't mind. Nice jabs in your post, made my jaw hurt. ;-)

Wallahi I did not aim for that. I must be slipping somewhere.

By the way it was mighty pleasant to interact with you after so long.

Plus I nearly cry in my privacy over all of those long lost friends from SF. May be I am the only one who has not grown up.
+0 -0Optimistic x 1