Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Would the real Javed Ahmed Ghamdi stand up?

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
samah, abu mohammed, abuzayd2k
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 16th November 2015 20:10

Background:

In the early days of Independence of Pakistan, a grave worshipper with multiple rings and dishevelled hair resided at Pakpattan (Pakistan). This peasant maintained the appearance of “Malangs” (grave worshipper) while he went about his daily business.

Birth, Name & Nickname:

On the 18th of 1951 a son was born to this peasant grave worshipper. This son was named “Muhammad Shafiq”. However, since the family lineage is of Kakazai ethnicity and due to the peculiar appearance and habits of the father the child was nicknamed “Kakko Shah”. This child became known eventually as “Kakko Shah Kuk-Kayzai”.

This child had no formal Islamic education and upbringing and graduated with Matriculation from Islamic High School Pakpattan (Pakistan). He studied the same secular subjects as everyone else.

The family at some point thereafter moved to Lahore and became resident at SultanPura.

University:

“Muhammad Shafiq [Kakko Shah Kuk-Kayzai]" went to Government college (Lahore) and graduated with a BA in English Literature. He had no formal Islamic or technical education at University level.

Jamaat-e-Islam:

Young “Muhammad Shafiq" gets inspired by Maulana Maududi (RA) and formally becomes a member of Jamaat-e-Islam. It is here that he comes across Maulana Amin Ahsan Islahi (RA) and becomes impressed with Maulana (RA)'s knowledge.

The claims of being a student of Maulana Amin Ahsan Islahi (RA) are absolute fabrications and lies, he attended Tafseer sessions etc like thousands of others.

Expulsion from Jamaat-e-Islam!

Those with an eye on history know how difficult it was to Join Jamaat-e-Islami and to get kicked out was next to impossible. Young “Muhammad Shafiq" achieved the dubious fate of being expelled!

Maulana Maududi (RA) appointed a committee to investigate (him) and the committee was convinced (beyond) doubt that he is a liar. The eye witness of this investigation are many and amongst them is Professor Saleem Mansoor Khalid.

Accomplished Liar!

I have spent many years with him and I can say without hesitation that the man is an accomplished liar. He seems to have read every book which you mention. At times we came up with fictitious titles and he seems to have read them too!

The late esteemed Professor (of Arabic) Khurshid Ahmed Rizvi could also testify to these admissions of reading fictitious books!

Lineage Change:

“Muhammad Shafiq [Kakko Shah Kuk-Kayzai]" moved to Defense Lahore and became Javed Ahmed and then Javed Ahmed Ghamdi.

The Kakazai son of a peasant father now ascribes his lineage to the Ghamdi tribe of Yemen

Name Change:

Why Muhammad Shafiq became Ghamdi, so far we have close to 9 separate explainations and none of them make any sense!

Read further :

As a companion for many years I have decided to write this book to expose him, his ideas, his background and his idealogies.

Professor (Maulana) Muhammad Rafeeq

10th of October,  2010

report post quote code quick quote reply
+6 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 16th November 2015 20:27

Sikhism is pure Tawheed and Guru Nanak was Sufi

“Muhammad Shafiq” Kakko Shah claims:

1. There is no doubt that Sikihism is PURE TAWHEED
  2. Guru Nanak was nothing but Sufi
  3. The Kalam of some of our Sufees is part of Guru Granth Sahib

Halalified YT Audio

+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd May 2017 06:46
Dr Khalid Khan Adores Javed Ahmed Ghamdi - 1

A mathematician colleague, Dr Khalid Khan, adores Javed Ahmed Ghamdi.

I had the same attitude towards Ghamdi that we had gleamed in Sunni Forum days.
Ghamdi is a freelancing Muslim and such people are not approved by the Islamic Scholars.
Particularly when a person has problematic stance on the Hadith Corpus.
One can appreciate the desire of a Muslim to contribute to the Islamic knowledge and one would grant Ghamdi the same opportunity.
Unfortunately the ideas and opinions contributed by people like Ghamdi can not rise above what western orientalists have been doing for centuries.
At the best it amounts to nothing and it is, in fact, worse - it causes damage to the cause of Islam.
Islam is submission not freelancing.

One only has to look at the complexity one encounters while discussing the Deoband-Bareilly divide, the Deoband-Salafi divide.

The modern freelancing simply is not in the counting.

Yet Dr Khalid managed to push me into some more time wasting on Ghamdi. I intend to do that in this thread.

Muhammed Shafiq Kakazai metamorphing into Javed Ahmed Ghamdi will be very un-Islamic for beloved Prophet SAW issued very damning indictment on using someone else's name in place of your father. I do not know whether it will leave a bad taste in Dr Khan's mouth but it should.

Dr Khan would like me to focus on the academic issues and that I intend to do. Theological analysis, of course, is the prerogative of our respected Ulama and I declare my complete dependence on them in this regard. I intend to indulge in objective analysis from a layman's perspective.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd May 2017 10:49
Dr Khalid Khan Adores Javed Ahmed Ghamdi - 2

Dr Khan linked this video on my Facebook page in which some youth are in conversation with Mr Ghamdi.
I was exhorted to have the courage to go through it and educate myself.

So here I am and I am educating myself.

In the video we learn that Mr Ghamdi left his Madarsa education just before he was about to become an 'Alim. Reason? To write his high school examination.

This educates us about his priorities. For him it was worth it to ditch Madarsa education to write the first examination of the glorious secular education. A Madarsa education seriously hampers the earning prospects of a person and Mr Ghamdi was wise enough to not fall into that trap. He did his graduation, BA, in 1972.

He also asserts that Madarsa system is rather a new thing otherwise traditionally people learned from learned people the way he learned from Maulana Maududi and Maulana Amin Ahsan Islahi for twenty five years.

There are two issues in these assertions. To call Madarsa system a new thing is travesty of truth and those twenty five years will have to accommodate the intermediate and BA education too. Plus neither Maulana Maududi nor Maulana Islahi were of Khanqah type temperament where they would accomodate, even combinely, a youth for twenty five years. Not forgetting the fact that a fifteen years old boy, after twenty five years, will be of forty years age. Even after making room for knit-picking errors it does not look like an efficient educational upbringing.

The young scholars ask him about his education of Arabic language he replies by naming some significant sounding books on Arabic grammar that he had self studied, according to him, deeply. One can see the eagerness of a motivated man pursuing his academic inclination.

Then he is asked about his Fiqh education. Answer once again is in the realm of self-study and mention is made of Shatibi, Imam Ghazali's Ahya, Maulana Maududi's books and Shah Waliullah (RA)'s Hujjatullah al-Baligha. He is awre of the pressure of the boyish Ulama before him but it is clear that at least at the moment of this interview he can not fathom that reading and studying are two different occupations and the tension of forthcoming examination plays a very significant role on a person's psyche as well as learning.

Hadith : He has read all the six famous books of Hadith and Musnad Ahmed he has even marked in preparation of his book Meezan. (Clearly not taught by a teacher.)

Qur'an : He read it in the light of Tafaseer, exegeses of the Noble Qur'an. He mentions that he studies under some Barelwi Ulama. It is not clear whether this study was traditional or some random questioning of the Ulama. Kanz-ul-Iman (Maulwi Ahmed Raza Khan's Urdu translation of the Noble Qur'an) with Maulana Naeem Muradabadi's marginal comments. He not only studied Kashshaf but also taught it.

The trouble with this study and his teaching is that by self study it is impossible to reach the actual meaning of any religious text. In view of this teaching can add only to confusion and spread of falsehood.

He also asserts that the young Ulama will be surprised to know that someone called Murtaza had learned chapers of Kashshaf from him.

I am having a feeling of pity on this person whose desire to be classified amongst scholars of Islam, Ulama, seems to be genuine but who is not ready to go through the necessary sacrifice.

Pitiable characters are different from honourable ones.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd May 2017 12:03
Dr Khalid Khan Adores Javed Ahmed Ghamdi - 3

Above post, part 2, covered upto eleven minutes of the video that I have linked earlier.

In this post I shall take a break and comment on the well known problematic assertions by Javed Ahmed Ghamdi.
I am taking the list called Javed Ahmed Ghamdi Ke Chand Mulhidana Nazaryat - Some Atheistic Views of Javed Ahmed Ghamdi. The Urdu list was posted by a Facebook user named Abu-Faris Ansari. Here is the summary in English.

(1) Hazrat Isa (AS) is dead.
(2) No Mehdi (AS) is expected in end times.
(3) The Hadith Corpus is not part of Islamic theological literature.
(4) Mirza Ghulam Ahmed Qadiani was merely a Sufi and he did not claim Mehdihood/Prophethood.
(5) Rasoolallah (SAW)'s inclinations in actions do not form Sunnah.
(6) Beard is neither a Sunnah nor a part of Deen.
(7) Ijma is innovation.
(8) Death penalty was specific to Prophetic times.
(9) There is only one recitation of the Noble qur'an, the rest are non-Arab innovations.
(10) All assertive struggle after beloved Prophet SAW is permanently suspended.
(11) Everyone is a Mujaddid.
(12) Sufism, Tasawwuf, is a global decadence.
(13) Modern state can modify the Zakat system.
(14) Jewish and Christian people need not have faith in beloved Prophet SAW.

Nearly all of these assertions are rather common amongst the modern educated people. These even look like common sense. In view of this anyone having a cursory look at these items will in general be left with the impression that Mr Ghamdi is talking sensible things.

When things are reduced to common sense then their refutation becomes more difficult than the genuine queries where one might be just seeking theological information.

What is common sensical for the laymen can be very cumbersome and time and energy consuming for a scholar.

Deen is indeed common sense but only after the Ulama have verified the actual technical content.

For the modern educated Muslims the Ulama look like some retarded, pathetic, hapless creatures who are of no consequence to this world and hence their utility is just to lead the funeral prayer and the regular prayers for a pittance. How horribly this attitude betrays a lack of felicity can only be seen by those who have the day of Judgement in sight - that is a meagre number.

People are responsible for their actions and we shall not be responsible for them. Hence if the modern educated people do not listen to the theological position then the loss is theirs.

But there is our loss too somewhere.

Rasoolalllah SAW said that the decline and fall of Muslim Ummah is associated with the Ulama.

Today we live in a time where the decline of the Muslim Ummah has reached the Nadir as we know it. This Nadir is historical Nadir and may not be the actual nadir that is possible. To arrest the Nadir the responsibility clearly falls upon the Ulama.

Rightly or wrongly this sinner thinks that the Ulama this time means the scholars of secular branches of learning and not the theological branch. Whatever be the truth and reality in this regard one thing is still certain - the attitude of the modern educated Muslim towards theological issues is going to play an important role in the revival of Muslim Ummah.

Hence we got to deal with people like Mr Ghamdi as well as his belief system.

In the next post I shall coment upon above issues.
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd May 2017 12:32
Unfortunately so far no intelligent discourse has happened on Javed Ghamdi's case in english, by an Usooli scholar.

This is much needed and unfortunately the refutations attempted by some of the pakistani ulema are:
- in urdu, so many non urdu readers miss out.
- academically weak, and with slight emotional rants
- fail to conclusively show how ghamdi's principles are flawed

The focus somehow always revolves around ghamdi's deductions, which is a result of his Usools.

Why ghamdi's deductions are mostly coming out to be different than the mainstream sunni schools is because ghamdi is designing his own usool and openly states he is not bound by the usools laid down by 4 imams and the early jurists.

Then cunningly he takes bits and pieces of sunni usooli scholars , such as Shatibi , to prove to us laymen , that look what i say is infact from our mainstream tradition. In reality, he bounds himself to no one.

And we cannot take away his right to present his research and findings, but we can certainly attempt and grab the bull by its horns, and start doing the difficult job of actually discussing his usools.

Ghamdi cannot be handled certainly by a laymen or a scholar who hasn't studied usool in depth ( a mere dars e nizami graduate is not equipped).

A laymen can only counter him with his Imaani Intuition , and can just know, that the islamic thought ghamdi is presenting is different from our pious predecessors and violates or exceeds the boundaries, and rubs us the wrong way.

In academia, such an answer and rebuttal wont work, hence i really hope an intelligent usooli scholar can actually take some time out and in detail produce content , really exposing the flawed usools employed by ghamdi and discussing ghamdi's book Al-Meezan.

This i believe can be a good service to the deen and islamic academia.

I commend you brothers for making an attempt here.
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd May 2017 12:59
Dr Khalid Khan Adores Javed Ahmed Ghamdi - 4

In this post I shall make more comments on the list of the controversial assertions by Javed Ahmed Ghamdi that I included in part 3.
Quote:

(1) Hazrat Isa (AS) is dead.[/quote]

The confusion is created by the fact that the Noble Qur'an uses both words Mutwaffi (deceased) and lifted (raised) for Hazrat Isa (AS). Sensible course for a layman in this case would be to refer and defer to the Ulama. Not for Mr Ghamdi. He is already like a scholar, an 'Alim. Is he not? So he insists on deciding the matter and the internet lists him amongst the people who subscribe to the view that Hazrat Isa (AS) really died on the cross. It does not matter that Allah SWT categorically tells that his persecutors did not crucify him but only thought they they had.

Now when the Qur'anic text does not clarify an issue the natural resort for a person will be to fall upon the Hadith Corpus for enlightenment. Not for Mr Ghamdi. He had already taken care of that Corpus - it is not reliable.

For a sensible person this already would be a very serious matter and a time to part ways with Mr Ghamdi. The Noble Qur'an is so black and white about the wrong impression of those who thought that they had crucified Hazrat Isa (AS) that anyone ignoring those bits of info should be immediately classified as not reliable. The sad reality is that whole contingent of very pious, noble, erudite, sacrifysing, hard working, mightily intelligent, with phenomenal memories are classified as not reliable and Ghamdi as the leading light and beacon of enlightenement.

That is the wrong choice that Dr Khan himself has made.

Quote:
(2) No Mehdi (AS) is expected in end times.[/quote]

Hazrat Mehdi (AS) does not find a mention in the Noble Qur'an. Clearly the Qur'anist people, thankfully they are a few only, will have no regards for Mehdi (AS). The Qur'anists are so mesmerized by their Qur'an only philosophy that they do not realize what non-felicitous position they plunge themselves into. They deprive themselves of the benefits of the the scholarly works of all of our past Ulama, blessed Companions (RA) and even the love of Rasoolallah SAW. The least we can say about them is that they have not completed their faith. La ilaha ilallah is beginning of the faith and Muhammed Rasoolallah SAW is its completion.

The flippant remarks these people make about Companions (RA) and disregard they have for the past Scholars, Ulama, is rather scary.

One can also see that mr Ghamdi himself does feel the pressure of the fact that people do not like and agree with his position but he is also completely clueless as to what the fuss is about. The poor fellow has missed completely that Deen is not merely about intelligence and hard work but above all it is about piety.

Quote:
(3) The Hadith Corpus is not part of Islamic theological literature.[/quote]

Somewhere in the history of islam it happened that we lost the Huffaz of Hadith - the people who memorized the Hadiths.
By that time the number of Muslims was very large and soon the mass production of books was in place. The result is that this lack of Hadith Huffaz did not affect the process of protection of the Hadith knowledge but we certainly lost one very important element of our Deen. Deen is piety and very significant part of that piety was lost for us for ever. Piety is what differentiates theological knowledge from secular knowledge.

Quote:
(4) Mirza Ghulam Ahmed Qadiani was merely a Sufi and he did not claim Mehdihood/Prophethood.[/quote]
The fact that we live in those times when Islam and Muslims are under attack from Islamophobes the world over plays a significant role in the rise and upsurge of these internal critics of Islam and Muslims. There are certain issues that are very difficult for Muslims to talk about in presence of non-Muslims.

Now non-Muslims have a very good reason both for fearing and hating Islam and Muslims. Take the west, for example. Today west means the christian world and the Jewish people. Talking about Christianity only we realize that their antagonism towrads Islam is as old as Islam itself. In fourteen hundred years they have perfected their polemic against Islam. After about five centuries of colonialism they had enough time and media and academic power to put the most erudite Islamic scholars on the defensive. Hence they have created a host of issues on which Muslims can be pushed against the wall.

What will Muslims do in the face of academic assault by western orientalist scholars? There are three options, firstly to do the square refutation of their allegations. Secondly to keep silent when you do not have time and energy. The option to accept the western assertions is simply not there because accepting the western view, even in the least amount, will ultimately lead to complete destruction of Islam. The third option is even more hideous than this fictitious option that I just mentioned. This is to start by being defensive about Islam and slowly adjust Islam to the desires of the colonial masters. When Muslim Ummah is down then it is easy to brow beat the scholars who at anytime will simply be the most poor section of Islamic society.

There is treachery in this approach but that can always be hidden in the academic veneer.

Qadianism, age of Hazrat Ayesha (RA) and the punishment of apostacy are such issues that can be very effectively used against Islam and Muslims today.

The trick is not to take on the people like Javed Ahmed Ghamdi on these issues. for the laymen the option is to refer and defer it to the Scholars.

Some friends might notice weak link here. What about the Ulama, you may ask? That is not a problem actually. They can simply speak the truth and if it is too dangerous for life then keeping silent is not something that can be used against them.

Plus by the Grace of Allah SWT we are already entering the phase of Ummah where we shall be united enough to obviate fear of Taghut.

Quote:
(5) Rasoolallah (SAW)'s inclinations in actions do not form Sunnah.[/quote]

Then what is sunnah? In this case the clear cut option is that we shall not take theological rulings from Ghamdi because he is asserting those things that negates 1400 years of scholarly work and the level of his Taqwa is miserably low.
Quote:

(6) Beard is neither a Sunnah nor a part of Deen.[/quote]
It is not only inconvenient but also against the so called modernity to keep a beard and it is so regressive and backward a habit. This is the real reason behind this strange ruling and his rulings must be rejected with the contempt these deserve.

Quote:
(7) Ijma is innovation.[/quote]
We shall refer and defer to Ulama for this issue too. Let him sort it out with the Ulama. By now I do not have that much of problem with his etiquette but the word should go to his followers to keep their voice low, sentiments in check and tempers in control when pushing his agenda.

[quote]
(8) Death penalty was specific to Prophetic times.

Deferrred and referred to Ulama.

[quote](9) There is only one recitation of the Noble qur'an, the rest are non-Arab innovations.

Rejecting his ruling and giving preference to whatever Ulama say.
[quote](10) All assertive struggle after beloved Prophet SAW is permanently suspended.

This is a very nasty assertion. In today's world it is like asking someone whether he has stopped beating his wife. When a wannbe 'Alim talks in this way one can conclude with certain definiteness that the person is not so innocent as he otherwise might be projecting to the world.

[quote](11) Everyone is a Mujaddid.

This does not say much. Upto his abilities everyone is a Mujaddid.
What are those limits?
Clearly that varies from person to person.
Who will decide these limits?
Well you need Ulama there.

The truth be told - dumping the responsibility of Ijtihad on laymen is disingenuous on the extreme.

[quote](12) Sufism, Tasawwuf, is a global decadence.

It is not.
Javed Ahmed ghamdi is.

[quote](13) Modern state can modify the Zakat system.

Nonsense.
[quote]
(14) Jewish and Christian people need not have faith in beloved Prophet SAW.

I hope he did not say this.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd May 2017 14:21
As-Saif wrote:
View original post

Quote:

Unfortunately so far no intelligent discourse has happened on Javed Ghamdi's case in english, by an Usooli scholar.
[/quote]
The only worry here is that he might lead some laymen astray. In this regard i only have the following to say. If a layman prefers Ghamdi over a Noorani pious scholar for his Deen then that layman deserves to go where Ghamdi is taking him. Clearly this not a likely possibility.

What is likely? Well we do not have to wait for that, we already know. Some people with modern education have fallen for Ghamdi. Let us not forget that Allah SWT does not waste anyone's hard work. So Ghamdi and his followers will get their due in this world and hereafter. Shiaism is here with us, Barelwiyat is there, Salafism is there. Why should I worry if Ghamdiat is there? Prima facie he does not look reliable and that is it.
Quote:

This is much needed and unfortunately the refutations attempted by some of the pakistani ulema are:
- in urdu, so many non urdu readers miss out.
- academically weak, and with slight emotional rants
- fail to conclusively show how ghamdi's principles are flawed[/quote]
As I said - the pious laymen will have no attraction for his technical theological drive - the laymen wants the final product and that he will not take from Ghamdi - the person lacks all charisma that exudes even from Barelwi Ulama.

As far as the educated, modern men, are concerned then they will be hypnotized by Ghamdi for some time.
They will remain with him for sometime and then they will come back to our Ulama.

A modern educated man has no time to do theological analysis himself.
Maulana Maududi was the last man in that kind of league who could erect an edifice of his own.
Ghamdi does not come as even distant second. The charisma is simply conspicuous by its absence.

Quote:

The focus somehow always revolves around ghamdi's deductions, which is a result of his Usools.[/quote]
Usools are not for birds. Not at all for people like Ghamdi.
When one thinks of the levels of piety of the past scholars one will be very upset with people like Ghamdi for being the imposters in that arena.

Quote:

Why ghamdi's deductions are mostly coming out to be different than the mainstream sunni schools is because ghamdi is designing his own usool and openly states he is not bound by the usools laid down by 4 imams and the early jurists.[/quote]
Do not worry about it. Hard work lasts about a life time.
Love does even better, it lasts a few generations.
Love for Allah SWT and rasoolallah SAW is the best. It is eternal.
Anyone loving rasoolallah SAW will ove Hadith.

So do not worry about mighty scholars of modern kind - they last only a life time.

Quote:
Then cunningly he takes bits and pieces of sunni usooli scholars , such as Shatibi , to prove to us laymen , that look what i say is infact from our mainstream tradition. In reality, he bounds himself to no one.[/quote]
I assure you our Ulama will take care of his muddying of the waters.
[quote]And we cannot take away his right to present his research and findings, but we can certainly attempt and grab the bull by its horns, and start doing the difficult job of actually discussing his usools.

As I told you his clients are some modern educated people.
They are of no consequence.
Think of Maulana Maududi.
He was vastly superior to Ghamdi.
Then take a follower of Maulana Maududi - Dr Israr Ahmed.
Please take Dr Israr Ahmed as a failure of Maulana Maududi.

[quote]Ghamdi cannot be handled certainly by a laymen or a scholar who hasn't studied usool in depth ( a mere dars e nizami graduate is not equipped).

I am a layman and I find him pathetic. I feel sorry for him. For his efforts he could have got better results and rewards. Only if he had taken the correct path, the right path.

Let me tell you that anyone trying to outsmart the traditional scholarship by self study is deluded.

[quote]
A laymen can only counter him with his Imaani Intuition , and can just know, that the islamic thought ghamdi is presenting is different from our pious predecessors and violates or exceeds the boundaries, and rubs us the wrong way.

This much is sufficient.
[quote]
In academia, such an answer and rebuttal wont work, hence i really hope an intelligent usooli scholar can actually take some time out and in detail produce content , really exposing the flawed usools employed by ghamdi and discussing ghamdi's book Al-Meezan.

Ulama, sooner or later, will do their job.

[quote]This i believe can be a good service to the deen and Islamic academia.

True.
But only modern educated fools are at risk.

I commend you brothers for making an attempt here.
+0 -0Optimistic x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd May 2017 15:08

Arabic Genealogy of Ghamid (Tribe) and "Kukko Shah" aka Muhammad Shafiq aka Javed Ahmed Ghamdi "

1. Ghamid is an Arab tribe descending from the “The Sabaeans” of Yemen.
  2. "Kakko Shah" has stolen the last name (and lineage) and he has no connection to Arabs or Yemen or the Sabaeans
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd May 2017 16:48

As-Saif wrote:
View original post

Is there a document or a book (in Urdu) where he discussed his Usool (principles)? From what we know he just makes up stuff he goes along.

He just Adlibs…

I would love to read his Usool.

+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd May 2017 21:07
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

He has a book called Al Meezan, there he writes about in detail his deduction process and on what is "Deen".

One of his main points being ,According to him Khabar e Ahad has no place in islamic fiqhi legislation, hence no ruling can be derived through them. While it is true certain usooli ulema such as shatibi do allude towards that, but i have a feeling in their comprehensive view it is still not how he propagates. He keeps taking things much more steps ahead , and violating the boundaries.

Anyhow, he cannot be a threat at an ummah level because he is confined to maghloub desi crowd and he has not established any school, which will continue after him.

Allah knows best.
+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 4th May 2017 07:52
As-Saif wrote:
View original post

That's the other consideration. Should we pick this Desi up in English and propagate his non-sense to Western Muslims when he is a Desi Rockstar and nothing else?

To be honest I have not found sound refutation of him from Ulama which is clear to understand for laymen
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 4th May 2017 08:26
Dr Khalid Khan Adores Javed Ahmed Ghamdi - 5

11 Minutes onwards of this video.

Quote:
There are different schools of thought on Tafseer, for example, there are Tafseer-e-Maasoor where preference is given to Asar. Most of these have passed before my eyes and I have seen these so many times that there is hardly any place in the text that I have not seen. After this is that phase of my life where I got introduced to Maulana Hameeduddin Farahi. Around this time I told Maulana Maududi that I do not understand Qur'an.

That Mr Ghamdi admits not understanding the Noble Qur'an can not be taken against him - in fact it goes in his favour. His is betraying the attitude of a student and it is praiseworthy.

Quote:
I was in Dars-e-Qur'an class giving the discourse and when the distribution of inheritance Verse of Surah Nisa came I closed the book and told that I do not understand it myself and I shall discuss it only after understanding it myself. Around this time I got introduced to Ustad Amin Ahsan Islahi. Every topic has some mother books and Maulana made a list of about fifty books to begin with in the realm of Tafseer and for me to read. This took about 8 to 10 years of time of reading, discussing and questioning under his supervision. I liked Jassas's Ahkamul Qur'an and Ibn Arabi's book of the same title. Then I also got the opportunity to look at Qur'an in the style of Maulana Islahi (Balagha aspects).

Q: Did you study Balagha?
A : As I urged the Dars-e-Nizami books I finished in schools days. The Balagha literature I purused at above mentioned time. In student days I had this idiosyncrasy to read the classic books. After reading Jamiyat-ul-Balagha (of Maulana Farahi) I came to appreciate the significance of this concept (in the context of the Noble Qur'an).

In this segment it is apparent that Mr Ghamdi is pleased with himself for his reading and sundry discussions with the scholars he has mentioned and that he does not appreciate the meaning of studying a book under tutelage of a proper teacher under conventional and conservative setting. One can not also ignore the fact that all the scholars he mentions do not find unreserved recommendation from traditional Islamic scholarship.
Quote:

Once again he is asked about his education on Fiqh. He starts talking about Usool and traditional attitude and books on it and the fact that he looked at it in a critical manner. He recommends mother books of Usool.

Like earlier answers he switches to recommendating books rather than admitting about his own education or lack of it. It becomes more apparent that his was not an education but reading in the field of Fiqh too, just like Tafseer. Islam is about objective truth and reality in the field of theology. Access to objective truth and reality in science, our best branch of knowledge in the empirical sector, is difficult. In theology is it is much more difficult. Traditional Ulama of Islam have adopted an approach to this branch of knowledge that is very painstaking but very effective too. The approach is to shun personal opinion completely, or at least to the end of the process of acquiring the knowledge. Mr Ghamdi abondoned this route in the first step itself.

I know a person in topic of string theory who studied the subject in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) manner. He is a rare example of suchan approach and he is more of a buffoon than serious worker. The DIY approach does not work in science where it could be most effective. That people try and apply it in theology where it is simply unlikely to work is sort of a chimera that deludes only the people who practice it.

Here I should mention one thing that most serious students of science face and which is very difficult phase to pass through. Many people come to us with what they think path breaking and record breaking very fundamental ideas. They expect us to take their ideas seriously and accept them and work on them and in return make these people famous, honourable and well known. In reality their ideas, without exception, are complete nonsensical. But it is next to impossible to convince them. You give them an argument that their idea is bogus and sooner or later they come back to you as to why the objection is not applicable to his pristine theory. Most of these crackpots assert that Einstein was funamentally wrong about special relativity and one can see through that the blighter is aiming for surpassing Albert in one go and your role is littlemore than a stooge.

Mr Ghamdi belongs to similar class. His target is not science but something even more crucial and important than that - theology of Islam. as someone said that the debacle of Ghulam Ahmed Parvez, denying of Hadith, was so conssumate that they had to give it another name - Ghamdism.

The present interview could take place at two levels - factual info about Mr Ghamdi's education or Mr Ghamdi defending his education. Both of these elements are present in the interview but not to the requisite level. Mr Ghamdi too quickly lapses into pontification about what should be read. Unfortunately the interview is not about that. The question is not about references but about the depth as well as the actual meaning of Islamic literature.

Quote:
Hidaya and Sarakhshi are very important books in Fiqh education.

That might be the case but the question is about his reliability as an scholar of Islam?
He is ceratainly more reliable than Bernard Lewis for he professes to be a Muslim.
Quote:

Q1: This was about theology, you opine about western philosophy too.
Q2: You are obsessed with intellecualism.
A: This question was asked in Islamabad and I said that curse be on me if I indulge in rationalisation of Deen. I merely focus on the rationality present in Deen.

He incriminated himself here. This is very thinly disguised rationalization.
Quote:

In Meezan I only give arguments in favour of God and Prophethood but only from the Qur'an.

This looks like a reasonable statement yet it is deeply problematic.
You need arguments for the two issues but only when you are making your journey towards faith.
Once you reach faith then these arguments redundant.
You start believing in God without argument and you start believing in Prophets without argument.

Mr Ghamdi might assert here that he is giving the arguments for the benefit of those who are making their journey towards Islam.
That is plain wrong.
He is talking to those who are already Muslims.

Quote:
On Philosophy

He claims to be a unique person who has got proper five years education in Philosophy.

This has to be classified as a dubious distinction when one is talking about faith.
What Imam Ghazali (RA) said about philosophers is valid even today.
It is valid even after Ibn Rushd.
Philosophy and philosophers may even today waste our time but it was crushed once and for all more than eight hundred years ago.
For the record wasting time and energy is a grave sin in Islam.

I myself shall indulge in that activity because Mr Ghamdi, because of Dr Khan for me, would like to claim his pound of flesh.
I claim freedom from sinning because I am doing it as a duty. May Allah SWT forgive me.

Quote:
Three phases of philosophy : Classic : Socrates, Plato, Aristotle
Second: De Carte, Kant, Hegel, ...
Third : Today's Post-Modernism Period. This actually started with Nietschze himself.

Yawn.
Quote:
Will Durant ....In this I done both things like going through the Dialogue of Plato and Critique of Pure Reason (Kant)...

Philosophy can not be handled by everybody.
On of the most sacry moments in the life of a teacher is when he has to wean away a student fom indulging in too much of thinking and philosophy.
Unfortunately philosophy is also heady.
A person who has started enjoying this intellectual masterbation will not be distracted easily.
This is true in spite of the fact that the dominant image of a philosopher is of a confused person.
And this will remain so till the day of Judgment.

Coming to the Dialogue of Plato.
This is a curious phase in the history of mankind - when man becomes aware of thinking!
That is a Eureka moment it its own right.

But did we not need Allah SWT and Deen before that? We did.
It should be taken merely as a phase in the progressive journey of mankind.

With this realization one can think of the fundamental questions of life, Who am I, Why am I, where I came from, Where am I heading to, more meaningfully. And appreciate the answer. It is wonderful to get elevated to a thinking man.

If we look at classic Arabic poetry then it is about basic instincts.
The emotions and sentiments are captured by Persian poetry much later.
That was another wonderful phase in mankind's journey.

Let us enjoy that but also not forget that purpose of life is something that supersedes these considerations.
Philosophy is often deep but its utility is not universal.

Remember the Hadith : A believer is a simple person but a Fasiq is crafty.
Philosophical, intellectual depth is not a necessity of life.
Intellectual depth is a blessing but people deprived of it are not necessarily inferior.

Finally a few words about Kant's Critique of pure Reason.
Mankind has to move from scholasticism to empiricism at some moment of its journey.
You can not reach whole truth by simple arguing.
Pure reason is not sufficient to reach truth.
Sometimes you need experimentation.
Bingo, there is science.

For the record our scholars did science before the west and our ulama dealt with philosophy before Mr Ghamdi.

This was about upto 19 minutes.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 4th May 2017 08:39
Congratulations Dr Khalid Khan it is very time and effort consuming.

But I am convinced that Allah SWT has great reward for me.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 4th May 2017 10:02
Dr Khalid Khan Adores Javed Ahmed Ghamdi - 6

19.40 Minutes Onwards

Quote:
Q: What is your aim, objective, mission, do you want to be a Mujaddid, reformer or something like that.
A: A student.
[/quote]

Quote:
Q: Why then do you indulge in distorsion and innovation and giving a different turn to the issues and creation of new Usools?
A: I am not creating new Usools but only applying natural ones. If you want to understand Shakespeare then you have to adopt the natural Usools. My background has been literature.[/quote]

This looks like an inocuous stand but it is problematic.
He does not admit that he is following the Usool of traditional Ulama.
Natural Usool can not be a technical term because this kind of phrase is used when you can not pin point a Usool precisely.

Also Usool of literary appreciation will be pathetically inappropriate for theology.

Thirdly he simply shifted his stance - now he wants to use literary background as his primary background.
If your primary interest is literature, if you claim to be a student then you must accept the implications.
Our experience is to the contrary.
He indulges in propagating his version and his interpretation of Islam.
This is very problematic.
All the education he has divulged till now is simply not sufficient to elevate him to the level of a preacher of Islam.
At the most he could have been a Dawah worker but he operates at the level of a Mujaddid.
This simplicity is irritating because it is damaging to the very cause that he desires to serve.

[quote]When I study literature, history or science then I one looks at various views already present and compare these and look at the things from a balanced vantage point. It is difficult to understand it from the point of view that is prevalent in Madaris where things are looked from theological authority and leadership.

Here he is erring at several levels. Firstly he wants to apply the methodology of secular sciences to theology. This simply is not applicable. Next he accuses Madaris of theological authoritarianism. Thirdly he insinuates that Madarsa people and hence by implication all religiously oriented people are in someway inferior and incapable of understanding the methodology he is employing. There is a fourth possibility of an implication, that of his methodology being his original contribution, but we shall simply ignore that here.

Now scientific methiodology or the secular social science methodology has become a handy stick with which modernist Muslims think they can beat the traditional conservative Ulama. I, for one, am not part of it and I do not approve it and I am not permitting it and I shall do everything within my capabilities to stop it and thwart any attempt at this sacrilege. here are my arguments.

Q: Should we apply the methodology of secular social sciences or even proper science to Islamic Theology?
A: No.

Q: Do Madaris employ theological authoritarianism (Madhabi Peshwayiyat)?
A: Mr Ghamdi is confused. He simply can not reach to the crux of the matter. He is petrified of the authority and power that he thinks oozes from theological gentry.

The reality is quite different from his perception. The theological leadership thinks, believes and acts from a vantage point where their power is zero. All power belongs to Allah SWT.

A theological figure operates from the level of an Abd - that is even lower than a slave. That a theological figure looks authoritative to Mr Ghamdi is a comment on his own limited capability to understand and perceive the things. More one annihilates oneself before God better he becomes before God and for the world he looks more and more authoritative.

Mita de apni hasti ko gar kuchh martaba chahe
Ki dana khak mein milkar gul-e-gulzar hota hai

Annihilate your self if you desire some status
For by mixing with earth a seed achieves bloom

It is clear that people like Mr Ghamdi have come to, to them, an unpleasant realization that they simply can not match the authority of traditional religious scholars and hence they resort to this silly accusation of authoritarianism.

Any one arguing, discussing, talking to modernists should keep this subtle issue in mind and sort it out thoroughly before moving onto any other issue, point or matter that has to be decided between you and a modernist.

Q: Madarsa people can not understand the methodology of science or the secular social sciences.
A: (1) May be or may be not. (2) If a chemist can not be called better than a botanist then how come a theologian is being insinuated to be inferior? (3) Muslims did science for as many centuries as the modern west has been doing at the moment.

Let us take the worst case scenario where some of the Madarsa people can not understand the methodology of science or secular sciences. In this case too there will be many who can understand the scientific method as well as the methodology of secular social sciences.

In this case it is perfidy to suggest that there is some material of theological importance that will be missed by the traditional conservative Ulama.

Then there are modern educated Muslims who understand scientific method as well as the methodology of modern secular social sciences. amongst these there are enough number who can see through Mr Ghamdi's pathetic ruse.

Finally I indulge in pursuit of string theory as my bread and butter. The mathematics employed by this topic of physics is sophisticated enough to give most mathematicians shivering. Interested people might Google for what Mathematician Field Medalist Michael Atiyah says about Physicist Field Medalist Edward Witten. In spite of this physics people never put themselves before mathematicians. Methodology of physics is hardly observed in chemistry. Methodology of chemistry has to be significantly modified in botany. A botanist will make for a miserable zoologist. A zoologist will be scared of entering into a medical lab. You can hardly appoint a physician directly to control the mobs that IAS officers and IPS officers constantly deal with.

Only a naive person will stick the methodology of secular sciences on tehology. Mr Ghamdi please back out.

[quote]This is the method that is popular the world over.

Here he is advocating that knowledge should be gathered by accumulating personal opinions of the people indulging in investigations. He does not realise that he is asserting in favour of subjective opinion and that it is usually quite far from the objective truth.
+1 -0Like x 1