Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Two Standards

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2015 00:43
I hope the questioner is genuine because the questions being asked are standard copy and paste type like we get from other questioners online.

Allah is the one who guides, if they aren't genuine, then no matter what proof we provide, anything that can not be challenged, the opposer will never be guided. Allah will permanently seal their hearts.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2015 01:07
Quote:
1. Why there are double standards in Islam ?

At one point Islam says Prophet Muhammad (saws) went through the hardest time in his life and his feet were drenched with blood because of people stoning him and when the angel of mountains comes to give punishment. The Prophet (saws) prays for forgiveness for the people who stoned him and not only forgives them but prays for guidance for their future generations.

But on the other hand when the prophet (saw) wins the battle for makkah he orders some people to be killed. As per this muftisays blog.

They are some people who quote hadiths of prophets forgiveness and demand forgiveness. But when the time comes to give punishment the same person quotes hadiths of prophet giving punishments and demands punishments.

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

According to the books of seerah, among the reasons why that small number of people were given capital punishment during the conquest of Makkah when general amnesty was given to all, was because those individuals themselves committed crimes which warranted capital punishment, i.e. they committed murder or murder with theft etc.

This goes quite in order with the station and temperament of the Nubuwah of Rasulullah (saw) in two ways:

1. As A'ishah Radhiyallahu anha narrated in Sahih Bukhari that: Rasulullah (saw) never revenged in his personal affairs, however, when Allah's lawful bindings were violated, he would punish for the sake of Allah. In reality many of the Mushrikeen of Makkah deserved punishment strictly from the perspective of what they did to Rasulullah (saw) and his followers but forgiveness was granted to them. In Maulana Manaazir Ahsan Gilani's seerah book, An Nabi al Khaatam, he listed the total number of persons (including Muslims) who were martyred, killed, wounded and imprisoned during the era of Nubuwwah was 7,710. He then compared that to the statistics of those who were only killed (not counting the wounded, prisoners, the lost etc.) in world war 1. The total of those killed in world war 1 was 7,338,000.(!!!!!)

2. Rasulullah (saw) was an extremely honest, dignified and just person, as were all of the Ambiya. It's necessary that when a crime or violation is committed regarding the rights of another that justice be meted out on the perpetrator. That's a universal maxim on how any just and fair society functions. Just to illustrate how just he (saw) was, in Shaikh Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi's book, Nabiyy-i Rahmat (Prophet of Mercy), a person after the conquest of Makkah came to Rasulullah (saw) to try to convince him of not punishing a muslim woman of high social standing who had committed a crime. Rasulullah (saw) became angry and thereafter gave a sermon saying (more or less) that the people of past generations were destroyed because they would turn a blind eye when a highborn man or someone of status committed a crime but when the poor or weak did the same they punished him according the law. He (saw) then said that even if his own daughter had perpetrated a crime he would himself punish her according to the law of Allah.

As for your question about there being no coercion in Islam, then I'd suggest you read the commentary of Ma'ariful Qur'an under the aayah "laa ikraaha fid deen" on the second page of the 3rd juzz at the end of Surah al-Baqarah. Maybe someone here can post the pdf page of it.

So, given the environment of bloodshed and society of oppression which Rasulullah (saw) made effort against at the time, it's accurate to say that he was a Nabi of mercy. And, to claim that Islam or Rasulullah (saw) has/had double standards (wal iyadhu billah) does not academically stand.

+6 -0Like x 6
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2015 07:40
Irrespective of the sincerity of the OP we should have answers to these questions - to our satisfaction at least.

I'll add one more point to excellent answers by brothers here. One has to be partial towards truth.
After asserting, witnessing, that Islam is the truth we have to be partial towards it.
We have to accept responsibility for this choice as well as we have the right to use its benefits.

And till a paerson declares his or her alligiance towards Islam we got to maintain equanimity towards that person.
+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2015 10:48
ٱلسَّلَامُ عَلَيكُم وَرَحمَةُٱللَّهِ

Double Post removed
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2015 10:58
ٱلسَّلَامُ عَلَيكُم وَرَحمَةُٱللَّهِ

25 June 2015 143558 GMT+0500.png
Downloads: 0
    [2474.43 kB] 3
25 June 2015 143501 GMT+0500.png
    [3091.36 kB] 2
25 June 2015 143411 GMT+0500.png
    [734.26 kB] 1
+1 -0
UK
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2015 18:11
Maripat wrote:
Irrespective of the sincerity of the OP we should have answers to these questions - to our satisfaction at least.

The problem with this is that the questions are not valid questions. They are misconceptions. For example a person says "Why does Islam condone beating women?"

Now if the question was, "does Islam condone beating women?" then it's valid. However, the question "Why does Islam condone beating women?" means that the misguided person already assumes the validity of the act and does not want to know if it's true or not, he wants to know the reasons of his misconception.

This is why these questions cannot have valid answers to our satisfaction. Many Muslims online and on social media fall prey to this and end up sounding very apologetic and desperate. This is why I tend to direct them towards studies and facts before addressing the question.

Also, by directing them towards fixing the misconception first will invalidate their question without even answering it. e.g.

Person A: "Why does Islam condone beating women?"

Person B: "What makes you say Islam condones it? Please speak to a scholar, study, check such and such works of scholars etc...."

Person checks, learns, maybe accepts if Allah wills and then if he's accepted then naturally the valid question "does Islam condone beating women?" will not be required as he's learnt the facts.

However, in such a case where he continues to get doubts, the doubts will be in the matter itself and not the conclusion. For example, he starts to study and sees the Hadeeth about the Miswaak and interprets that as beating or whipping with a small wooden stick. Here the question will be about the Hadeeth and that can be answered to our satisfaction.
+4 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2015 01:42
Brothers, I appreciate the replies given to my post, especially mods and site admin. I will tell you a very real incident which happened to my very very close friend.

A few years back my friend was a normal muslim with basic islamic knowledge. As his studies were over he was most of the time at home and started to visit the local mosque for prayers. After sometime he developed interest in islam because of a scholar (abc) who used to give magnetizing sermons about islam. He also increased respect for the scholar also so much that he used to visit him just for asking forgiveness if he did any mistake in his company. As every new comer to islamic teachings he started to practice his religion in each and every aspect of his life. He started to try to keep a beard but most of the time after reaching half a fist length he used to trim it and this trimming happened 2-3 times. He felt that he is making fun of himself and after much research about the beard he came to know that beard is not wajib but sunnah and there was a difference of opinion about beard. He stopped to visit that particular (pqr) mosque where this scholar abc used to give sermons because he trimmed his beard quite often which made him look like a fool in front of others.

When this scholar knew that my friend has stopped attending his gatherings.This abc scholar who has power over his locality started to collect information about my friend from the people he used to talk in the pqr mosque. Then this abc scholar contacted his house owners and his neighbours. This scholar gathered information about him by putting informers wherever he went. This scholar gathered every bit of information about his family and personal problems.

Now,

He then started to give sermons about my friend problems, people of the pqr mosque came to know about this situation and started to make fun of him, used to laugh at him, made him a joke. The abc scholar publicly humiliated my friend and my friend's family by disclosing their family and personal problems because he was not keeping fistful beard. This abc scholar publicly in his sermons called them munafiqs, illiterate, called his elders disrespectful words. My friend used to cry a lot, he started to feel like -- why he became interested in islam. Even today by looking his face you can understand he is suffocating from inside. His health is getting worse and he getting depressed more and more. Due to the events he changed his locality and again there also this scholar used his power and made fun of him by telling his situation to particular members of other mosque.

I am asking what kind of religion is this that allows spying on people then knowing their personal problems and then humiliating them if they dont practice their religion in minute acts.

I want to know under which verse/hadith orders this type of treatment. Which verse allows islamic scholars to have informers. My friend wants to know what method this scholar apply to extract information about him.

By maariful quran verse you can say that there is no compulsion in religion but under what islamic rulings this abc scholar did such a thing, I mean there must be some verse/hadiths which allows such practices.

P.S: Please don't quote this particular post because I plan to delete or modify it as it contains my friend's problems. And my friend told me not to discuss my problems with religious people.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2015 01:56
not knw wrote:
View original post

What does any of this has to do with Islam?
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
+2 -0Like x 1Agree x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2015 02:02
Brother Muadh can you delete the quote from your post. Please.

This has to do with islam because an islamic scholar did all those things who know quran and hadith very well. I mean somewhere this religion must allow such things.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2015 02:06
not knw wrote:
View original post

Salam brother

What does your above rant have to do with Islam?

What makes you think Islam condones such behavior?

Also are you sure you're not getting deviant pseudo peer saheb mixed up with an scholar? Please clarify, Jzk.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2015 02:08
not knw wrote:
View original post

Really? Did the Prophet (saw) or his Sahaba رضي الله عنه ever do such things?

Please answer.
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2015 09:52

not knw wrote:
View original post

Let me further clarify the issues so far:

1. A did something to B
  2. C witnessed the issues fully or it appears (partially) or may be not at all
  3. B tells C
  4. C beleives B completely without asking A or getting their side of the story
  5. C then comes to a forum
  6. C then asks D, E & F to explain the actions of A.
  7. D, E & F don't know A or B or C
  8. D, E & F also don't know the full details of the events between A & B
  9. C insists that Islam is at fault and D, E & F must defend Islam

Have I understood the whole set of events correctly? Please correct any errors.

+4 -0Like x 3Creative x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2015 14:31
Should I judge Christianity on Hitlers behaviour?
Should I judge Christianity on Rapist Priests?
Should I judge Christianity on Child molesting Priests?
Should I judge Judaism on Israel?
Should I Judge Judaism on Child killers?
Should I judge Islam on Saddam Hussain?
Should I judge Islam on Gadafi?

Or Could I judge any of the above and justify my reason for a "YES"

If you have answered YES to any of the above then you are wrong and you know it. So why judge a perfect religion on some peoples bad behaviour.

Theses acts done by Imam abc are not at all the Islamic way and he should be ashamed of himself.

Put it this way, your friend should go to the Imam and gift him with a box of Dates and tell him that it is his way of saying thank you for back-biting him and taking all his sins upon his (Imams) head and giving all the rewards (of the Imam) to him (to your friend).

Islam is BEAUTIFUL and full of Justice from beginning to end. Be thankful, not hateful because of some ones error.
+1 -0Agree x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2015 15:12
not knw wrote:
View original post

The actions of a Muslim or an Islamic scholar does not necessarily mean that those said actions are from Islam. True we as Muslims should act properly to represent Islam but that cannot always be the case even for very pious and practising Muslims as they are not sinless therefore they are bound to make many mistakes which are out of the teachings of Rasoolullah (saw).
As for what your friend endured, the said scholar was in the wrong. But your friend should not let that get to him.
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2015 17:02
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

In addition to this, take a look at an email I received today.

Quote:
EFT & EAT

In the commentary of Surah Al Rahman, Hadhrat Moulana Ahmed Chohan Saheb commenting on justice referred to a Hadith of Rasulullah (Salallahu alayhi wasallam), where a person's good deeds will be transferred to the oppressed.

Moulana stated in this conventional world of finance, we have EFT (Electronic funds transfer). In the hereafter, a person guilty of oppression will have EAT (Electronic a'maal transfer). If a person has good deeds, Tilawat, Dhikr, Sadaqah, Hajj, Umrah etc, it will be transferred to the oppressed and compensate him for the wrong done to him. Thus a person will be deprived of the benefits of his good deeds. It is vital that we are sensitive to the rights of fellow human beings. Failing to do so will come to haunt us in the hereafter.

- Observed by Mufti Ebrahim Desai Saheb
+0 -0Agree x 1

Jump to page: