Brother
#331 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd June 2018 11:03
Ali Sardar Jafri (d August 2000)

Qurratulain Hyder (d August 2007)

Zakir Ali Khan (d February 2012)

AMK Shahryar (d February 2012)

Mukhtar Masood (d April 2015)

Mushtaq Ahmed Yusufi (d June 2018)

Both Ali Sardar Jafri and Shahryar had left inclinations. Mukhtar Masood was one heck of an Aligarian. I suppose I should try to do justice to him, at least on MS.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#332 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2018 05:20
Lynching Peaks Sharply

Lynching of hapless Muslims has suddenly peaked sharply in last week. This has betrayed another weak spot of Indian civil society - outrage fatigue. The saner elements were earlier at least reacting in consternation to such events earlier. By now they are burnt out.

Of course the legal, executive, judicial and legislative machinery of the country will show its minimal activity and the cases will die a natural death because of the various causes including apathy and lack of will to act against the perpetrators. When the victims are from minorities the justice should not only be done but should also be seen. In this case one can be quite sure that it will not be done.

By now it is clear that the game plan that RSS cooked up some ninety odd years ago has reached its ripe age and fruition and the end result does not look pleasant to Muslims. I do have my sympathies both with the communists and Christians, the other victims of the Saffron Juggernaut, but I am sure they are very capable of speaking up for themselves.

One question can be answered rather clearly at this moment - why I talk about Muslims. Sometime back there was a comment on my wall why I talk about Muslims all the time. Technically that is a blatantly false allegation. I talk about a myriad things but bigots will not say so for their very raison daitre is threatened when we Muslims talk about our issues. I talk of Muslims because it hurts. And it hurts badly.

I also would like to add a few words on a related aspect - I knew precisely and accurately how bad the situation was for Muslims when I came to Facebook. Yet I have been acting as if this outrage has unfolded just in front of our eyes. The matter of fact is that the guilt of the secular, liberal and democratic milieu is not that small when it comes to communal situation in the country.

I simply did not know how the breach the issue to the Secular, liberal and democratic milieu. To put the record straight I did not come to social media to socialize - I had a pain and I did not know how to express it.

Please do understand that I myself do understand that the Saffron Brigade has completely hijacked the eclectic amalgamation that the majority religion is and in a sense the silent majority is herself helpless. But this can not excuse the majority from a very clear conclusion - the primary responsibility to put a check on the Saffron upsurge unambiguously lies upon them.

A small step in this regard is that Congress, the Samajwadi Party and the various Janata Dals, Mayawati and even the communists should jointly declare that they neither support nor approve but condemn these lynchings and that they are not satisfied PM's one time vague critique of these episodes and these killings should be stopped and these should stop immediately and completely.

Source : My Facebook Post
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#333 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2018 06:16
A Question by Facebook User Bharat Kumar

ये गौरक्षक "भारत भाग्य विधाता" हैं क्या ???

किसने इन्हें अधिकार दिया बेकसूरो को मारने का???

इन्हें लेकर मुस्लिम समाज सड़कों पर क्यों नही आता???

Bharat Kumar

So why does not Muslim community take it to the streets against this outrage?

I think I know the answer. I am really glad that brother Bharat Kumar asked this question. So far no one was suggesting that Muslims themselves can do anything about it.

The trouble about this atrocity is that if the Muslims take to the streets against these heinous crimes then the law and order machinery will hit them really hard.

What was Maliana and Hashimpura? Muslims took to the streets against the opening the gates of the Babri Masjid for the Darshan of Ram Lala.

Then followed what followed. The PAC picked unarmed Muslims from their homes and killed them in cold blood. half at the canal in Muradnagar and and the rest half at the banks of Hindon River near village Makanpur of District Ghaziabad. And after the court dragged the case for one third of a century it was dismissed for nearly all the witness had turned hostile.

Then in December 1992 Muslims again came out on streets. they did so in Mumbai. Then we know they were taught a grim lesson in January 1993 Mumbai riots.

Police and PAC are very lax when it comes to protection of Muslims but these forces act with most alacrity when it comes teaching Muslims a lesson.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#334 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2018 06:59
Soz on Partition Time Politics

Mountbatten took Patel’s offer to Lahore the day Indian troops landed in Srinagar. Liaquat Ali, ‘who understood neither history nor geography’ said no, Soz tells Shekhar Gupta.

New Delhi: Saifuddin Soz, former Congress minister and a prominent Kashmiri politician, has made a startling claim that Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel was happy to let Kashmir go to Pakistan in exchange for Hyderabad and it was Nehru’s insistence that kept it with India.

Lord Mountbatten, the last viceroy of India, took Patel’s offer to Pakistan on the exact day the Indian Army landed in Srinagar to push back intruders from Pakistan in October 1947, Soz told ThePrint Editor-in-Chief Shekhar Gupta on NDTV’s Walk The Talk show.

“From the very first day Sardar Patel was adamant that Kashmir should go to Pakistan. In the partition council, he tried his level best to convince Liaquat Ali to take Kashmir and leave Hyderabad-Deccan,” Soz said.

“There was a fight, Sardar Mohammed Ali and our Reddy were there. Sardar Patel told Liaquat Ali, don’t even talk about Hyderabad-Deccan. It isn’t even connected with Pakistan. You leave Hyderabad to us, and take Kashmir.

“I will tell you a very fascinating story,” Soz said. “When our army landed in Srinagar, the same afternoon Mountbatten went to Lahore. There was a dinner with Governor of Pakistan, Liaquat Ali Khan, and four Pakistan ministers. Mountbatten said, I have brought a message from the strongman of India, Sardar Patel. Take Kashmir and forget Hyderabad-Deccan, it’s not even connected with you.”

“But as Sardar Shaukat Hayat Khan writes in his book,” Soz said, “Liaquat Ali neither understood history, nor geography.” So, he did not accept the offer.

Patel could not prevail, Soz said, because Nehru was very strong. His connection with Kashmir was very strong. He believed Kashmir should come to secular India, it will be safe here. He was very close to the National Conference. He had even come to address the Sopore session of the National Conference in 1945. He knew Kashmir’s history completely, he said.

Sheikh Abdullah had rejected the two-nation theory. He told his constituent assembly that Kashmir was independent from 15 August to 22 October, 1947. But once Pakistani raiders came it was clear that independence wasn’t possible.

He said the five countries around us, India, Pakistan, Russia, China and Afghanistan will never accept Kashmir’s independence. So that isn’t possible. Sheikh Abdullah writes this in his book, Soz said.

Sheikh Abdullah had no intention of going away from India, Soz added. He wanted to remain here “as long as India was secular, pluralistic and sympathetic to Kashmir. That’s how the Delhi agreement came.”

Unfortunately, Nehru was later voted out within his own cabinet, he said. He was forced to dismiss Sheikh Abdullah’s government and put him under detention. “He repented this and became a very lonely man. Sheikh Abdullah writes in his book that Dr Karan Singh, then Sadr-e-Riyasat, was one of the conspirators (against him) in 1953. The Constituent Assembly of Kashmir should have been allowed to continue. You ask Ram Jethmalani. Even he believes that. “

Soz said the Kashmir situation was ruined “mainly because small minds (like) Rafi Ahmed Kidwai, Ajit Prasad Jain around Nehru poisoned the environment. Then, political work was given over to even smaller minds in intelligence agencies. That continues even now.”

Soz said even now the only possible solution in the near-term is to talk to Hurriyat leaders. Young Kashmiris are angry, he said, you can’t talk to them. Force will not work, he said, “in a mood when two sons of a family have already died and the third has gone to join militancy”.

Source : The Print
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#335 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2018 07:15
Facebook Comment from India on Erdugan Victory

A Bengali brother with communist inclinations writes on Facebook:

Quote:
If you are from the minority community in India and are right now cheering for Erdogan's victory, then you must not cry yourself hoarse when you get treated here in the same way as the Turkish minorities.

The subconscious notion "Islamic theocracy when in the majority, secularism otherwise" has to go.

It is the same duplicity that drives the lynch mobs of the Indian hinterlands who are equally eager to butcher the minorities here and to cry bucketfuls of tears for those of Bangladesh and Pakistan.

West is antagonistic to Islam and Muslims.

The liberals, the democrats, the modernists and the so called progressive people have adopted this attitude - lock, stock and barrel.

They have gobbled up the bait, the Global Dawah for Islamophobia, hook, line and sinker.

The saffron Brigade in India did not need even that - they are disposed againt Islam and Muslims for the very fact that Islam came to India.

Clearly Muslims can not take all of these three in the same vein.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#336 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2018 08:18
HOW CHINA PLAYS SHYLOCK

Quote:

Rajapaksa was voted out of office in 2015, but Sri Lanka’s new government struggled to make payments on the debt he had taken on. Under heavy pressure and after months of negotiations with the Chinese, the government handed over the port and 15,000 acres of land around it for 99 years in December.

The transfer gave China control of territory just a few hundred miles off the shores of a rival, India, and a strategic foothold along a critical commercial and military waterway.

The case is one of the most vivid examples of China’s ambitious use of loans and aid to gain influence around the world — and of its willingness to play hardball to collect.

The debt deal also intensified some of the harshest accusations about President Xi Jinping’s signature Belt and Road Initiative: that the global investment and lending program amounts to a debt trap for vulnerable countries around the world, fueling corruption and autocratic behavior in struggling democracies.

(1) Above is a Facebook write up by Mohan Guruswamy.
(2) It shows how India is becoming vulnerable to China.
(3) The present Government can do precious little about it.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#337 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2018 08:39
Naroda patiya Case Verdict

The Gujarat High Court on Monday awarded 10 year imprisonment to three persons convicted in the case of the Naroda Patiya massacre that occurred during the 2002 riots. They were part of the 16 people convicted by the Division Bench on April 20.

The court said any lenient sentence would amount to travesty of justice, and the sentence must be proportionate to the brutality of their crime. “Imposing too lenient a sentence will amount to travesty of justice... Imposition of 10 years of rigorous imprisonment will be adequate punishment.” Any liberal attitude to such offences would be “counter-productive” and “against the interest of society,” said a Division Bench of Justices Harsha Devani and A.S. Supehia, which found P.J. Rajput, Umesh Bharwad and Rakumar Chaumal guilty. The court asked them to surrender within six weeks.

After their conviction on April 20, the three sought further hearing on the quantum of sentence, arguing that they were not properly represented. These convicts were earlier acquitted by the SIT court that conducted the trial.
Also Read
A relative of one of the Naroda Patiya victim and an eyewitness in the case address the media after the verdict in the case in Ahmedabad on April 20, 2018.

Gujarat, where survivors of Naroda Patiya massacre plan for their next battle

However, the High Court found them guilty while hearing appeals against the convictions and the acquittals.

“The court cannot set aside the agony and anguish of the victims... Offences are not against individuals but [against] society at large, and have the consequence of polarising society,” the Bench said.

They were found guilty of crimes, other than murder, with the maximum punishment of life imprisonment or 10 years, under Section 436 (mischief by fire or explosive substance with intent to destroy house) of the Indian Penal Code.
Also Read
A mob takes to the streets of Ahmedabad during the Gujarat riots in 2002.

The 2002 Gujarat riots cases and their statuses so far

In its April 20 judgment on the appeals, the court convicted 16 persons, including the then Bajrang Dal leader, Babu Bajrangi, and acquitted 18 others, among them being former BJP Minister Maya Kodnani, who was called the main accused by the trial court. Out of 13 of these convicts, except the three sentenced on Monday, all except one were handed 21 years of rigorous imprisonment and one was sentenced to 10 years in jail.

In the original case, there were 61 accused. In August 2012, the special SIT court found 32 guilty and acquitted 29. The case pertains to the killing of 97 people, most of them from the minority community, in the Naroda Patiya area of Ahmedabad on February 28, 2002, a day after the Sabarmati Express was torched at Godhra, an incident that triggered riots across the State, in which more than 1,000 people were killed.

Source : The Hindu
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#338 [Permalink] Posted on 27th June 2018 06:24
Insight into 1975 Indian Emergency

Unlearnt lessons of the Emergency

By Subramanian Swamy (2000 Article)

When attempts at seeking homogeneity of Indian society are carried beyond a point, it is dangerous for democracy... Those of us who can stand up, must do so now.

FOR TWO distinct reasons, it is ludicrous for the BJP to declare that it will hold meetings to remember the declaration of Emergency, whose 25th anniversary falls on June 26 this year. For one, during that 1975-77 period, most of the leaders of the BJP/RSS had betrayed the struggle against the Emergency. It is on the record in the Maharashtra Assembly proceedings that the then RSS chief, Balasaheb Deoras, wrote several apology letters to Indira Gandhi from inside the Yerawada jail in Pune disassociating the RSS from the JP-led movement and offering to work for the infamous 20-point programme. She did not reply to any of his letters. Mr. Atal Behari Vajpayee also wrote apology letters to Indira Gandhi, and she had obliged him. In fact for most of the 20-month Emergency, Mr. Vajpayee was out on parole after having given a written assurance that he would not participate in any programmes against the Government. The vivid description of other erstwhile Jana Sangh worthies who chose to walk out of prison on promise of good behaviour is given in a book written by the Akali leader, Mr. Surjit Singh Barnala.

Some of us vigorously opposed the Emergency in our own ways. The full credit for inspiring the struggle must, however, first go to Morarji Desai, who was 78 years old and kept in solitary confinement, and to Jayaprakash Narayan who lay in Jaslok Hospital after both his kidneys were mysteriously made to fail in Chandigarh jail. More significantly, JP's heart had been broken when he saw an India utterly passive to the death of democracy, while those who had earlier egged him on e.g., the RSS, were now repudiating him and offering to work for the nation's tormentors. But JP never gave up. He sent me a message where I was hiding just after he had reached the hospital in August 1975, that I should escape abroad and campaign from there. But he warned me that the struggle may be ``life long''. Morarji, however, was completely unyielding and sanguine. When Indira Gandhi offered him parole on promise of good behaviour, he told the emissary who had come to visit him in jail that no sooner was he out he would start the struggle again. His daughter-in-law, Padma, had wept copiously and implored him to agree because of his age but he told her that death was a better option.

I must add that not all in the RSS were in a surrender mode. The exceptions were Madhavrao Muley, Dattopant Thengadi and Moropant Pingle. Muley had taken a tremendous liking to me. He supported me fully while I was abroad, and while I was hiding in India. But a tearful Muley told me in early November 1976 and I had better escape abroad again since the RSS had finalised the document of surrender to be signed in end January of 1977, and that on Mr. Vajpayee's insistence I would be sacrificed to appease an irate Indira and a fulminating Sanjay whose names I had successfully blackened abroad by my campaign. I asked him about the struggle, and he said that in the country everyone had become reconciled to the 42nd Amendment, and democracy as we had known it was over. Democracy was over for the RSS but not for all others. A few weeks later general elections to the Lok Sabha were declared. No one quite understood then what had made Indira Gandhi do that. But as a consequence, the RSS luckily did not need to sign the document of surrender.

It was an uncoordinated combination of forces that made Indira Gandhi declare elections, and the demise of the Emergency. My intensive campaign abroad and access to the American intellectuals had attracted the attention of the authorities, and especially the newly-elected President of the U.S., Mr. Jimmy Carter, who even before taking oath of office began to breathe down the Indian Government's neck about human rights, which quite unsettled Indira Gandhi. Then there was the unsung hero, Jiddu Krishnamurti, who was motivating her to withdraw the Emergency and acknowledge to her inner self that she had done wrong in imposing it. More pain came to Indira Gandhi when she prostrated before Sri Chandrashekhara Saraswati, the Kanchi Math Paramacharya, for 90 minutes but he had refused to even look at her, making it known that he thoroughly disapproved of the Emergency. And finally she had to contend with an unyielding Morarji Desai as head of the Lok Sangharsh Samiti who refused to withdraw the struggle or even acknowledge any good had come from the Emergency, which Indira Gandhi's emissaries implored him to say as a gesture. In other words, these moral and spiritual personages refused to legitimise the state of Emergency, the infamous 42nd Amendment to the Constitution, and accept a highly- shackled democracy as normal for India. Instead, they all held that the Emergency was subversion of the Constitution and viewed Indira Gandhi as the usurper.It was thus the sustained non- violent and moral approach that won the day, and not a foreign- financed terror. A violent resistance suited the advocates of the Emergency for justifying it, but that resistance had mercifully fizzled out early.

When Indira Gandhi called for elections, those who had failed in their violent resistance wanted to boycott the polls on the grounds that the Opposition parties had no chance in the circumstances since the illiterate masses would not be moved by the issue of democracy, and thus the polls would legitimise the Emergency. But Morarji and Charan Singh would have none of it. Obviously they had more faith in the Indian people than those who demagogically spoke in the name of the people.

It was the plurality and heterogeneity of Indian society that made people revolt against the authoritarian order. This is the crux of the Indian democratic paradigm. India is a democratic society in form because of the mutual gravitational pull of disparate sections that make the whole. Therefore, the lesson to be learnt from the Emergency is that as long as the composite nature of Indian society survives, Indian democracy will survive. Hence, when attempts at seeking homogeneity of Indian society are carried beyond a point, it is dangerous for democracy, at least till we have reached a level of education when good men and women will dare to struggle for fundamental rights.

Edmund Burke had said: ``For evil to triumph, good men must do nothing''. India has to progress considerably before we can confront evil in our society head on. During the Emergency, those who were in a position to fight, with notable exceptions, did not. But, today we do not even have giants like JP and Morarji to defend civil liberty. Mr. H. R. Khanna chose to forego his Chief Justiceship of the Supreme Court rather than undermine judicially the concept of fundamental rights. Does anyone remember him? Further, luck too was on India's side then because Indira Gandhi decided to go for the polls. Had she not done so, it may have taken us a long time to unwind the Emergency.

Today, we are in a much weaker position than in 1975-77 to defend democracy. One reason is that the tall caste-neutral leaders of the Freedom Struggle are no more. Another reason is that a cadre- based fascist organisation is in control of the levers of power. This organisation has spawned lumpen front organisations, that do not hesitate to kill even defenceless missionaries of religion. Worse, there is every indication that institutions are being undermined by a creeping Emergency. This is the second reason why the BJP plan to celebrate the struggle against the Emergency is ludicrous. The BJP has set into motion the overhaul of the Constitution not just a mere amendment to it. It has commenced the rewriting of history. Its sister front organisations such as the VHP and the Bajrang Dal are already unleashing eerie and shadowy terror at the micro level of society. How can the BJP then speak of defending democracy?

Thus, 25 years later we still cannot take democracy for granted nor put the challenge to it behind us. It is today invisibly under siege. ``Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty'' said the American revolutionary Patrick Henry. Thus, those of us who can stand up, must do so now. That sums up the lesson of the Emergency in retrospect.

Source : The Hindu
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#339 [Permalink] Posted on 27th June 2018 06:29
The Minions Pushing Indian President Around

The survitors of the Jagannath Temple in the easter state of Odisha harassed Indian President Mr Ram Nath Kovind and his wife.

Source : News18
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#340 [Permalink] Posted on 4th July 2018 09:18
Links on Muslim Population Growth Myth in India

(1) Abusaleh Sharief in Indian Express in 2015

(2) An article on ADL

(3) An article in the Atlantic

(4) Muin Qazi in Qrius

(5) EPW (Abstract only)

(6) Anup Sadanand in the Wire
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#341 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2018 06:15
Pending Links from India

(1) RSS demands removal of English language as a medium of education. (First Post)

(2) Prakash Raj on the hit list of Gauri Lankesh killers (Telegraph India)

(3) BJP is a symbol bad governance today - J. Scindhia (Hindustan Times)

(4) PC Mahalobis : father of Indian Statistical Research (Indian Express)
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#342 [Permalink] Posted on 7th July 2018 06:13
Union Minister Jayant Sinha

He is IIT educated and Harvard educated.
He is Yashwant Sinha's son.
Yashwant Sinha was an IAS officer and at one time the Finance Minister of India.
His mother too is a significant and worthy person.

Is the union minister welcoming back home a sports team which won accolades in an international event ?
Definitely No.

Then is it a traditional music band or village craftsmen ?
Not really.

At least some party members who did some voluntary work ?
Sort of.

Blood thirsty hounds who lynch murdered a helpless man ?
Yes, now you got it.

Arun Arya

Please meet Jayant Sinha, Union Minister of State in the Modi Government, who welcomed the convicts of lynching Alimuddin Ansari. He welcomed them at his home in Hazaribagh, Jharkhand, with garlands, sweets and hugs. Alimuddin Ansari was a meat trader in Ramgarh town in Jharkhand, who was dragged out of his car and beaten to death by these persons on ‘suspicion’ that he was carrying beef. Obviously, there was no beef found in his car. Alimuddin lay dying on road and his car was set on fire. These persons were convicted for life by a fast track court, but their sentence was suspended and they were released on bail by order of High Court.

By welcoming the lynchers, who have been convicted of crime, Modi government is sending out a clear message to public.

It will be blind who won’t see that message.

(With inputs from a Facebook post.)
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#343 [Permalink] Posted on 8th July 2018 06:21
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Professor Sahab:

Incidents such as these are as the counterparts to:

The wave of sympathy for Afzal Guru.
The huge turnout at the funeral of Yaqoub Memon.
The huge turnout at the funeral of Burhan Wani.

Some of our Hindu brethren are of the opinion that if terrorists and secessionists from the minority community are lauded by their brothers in the faith, then it is not a very big deal if people from the majority community also do the same.

The whole garlanding is preposterous, but there will be many who will defend it.

Bigots have always existed in large numbers. Social media has simply given them a voice.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#344 [Permalink] Posted on 8th July 2018 09:00

India and America:

India is home to a historical, ancient civilisation while America is a fairly new phenomenon. However, the political turn in both countries has some similar attributes. Both countries witnessed a massive rise in economic and income inequality in the past few decades and as a result you have the “Haves” and the “Have nots”.

The rise in inequality is a result of banks and big businesses making money on the backs of hard work of common people. These banks and big business have bought politicians and Governments have sold economic liberalisation (at all costs) as the ONLY solution to all problems.

BJP and the republican party both tout economic liberalisation and “jobs, jobs and jobs” as their major achievement but the feeling of “being left behind” is not going away. It is not possible for the politicians and those in charge of the Government to perform sincere root cause analysis and to ensure that wealth and prosperity is distributed more equally. Their solution is to create a bogeyman and shift the blame on the bogeyman. It is not the Government policies but the outsider who is responsible for taking away your jobs, for a rise in crimes and for the lack of safety and security. It is easy to sell this vision and it is even easier for the public to buy it as most laymen don’t have the intellectual capacity to reflect and understand the real reasons.

Republicans and the BJP have effectively used the Media in their campaigns and they can simply label any critique of their policies as “Fake news or Presstitutes”. This is the simplest technique to discredit someone. Don’t answer them, don’t entertain them, simply discredit them as untrustworthy and the messages are automatically lost.

When the outsiders protest peacefully, the other side is ignited to also protest out of sheer competition instead of a moral cause. Those who are getting lynched are protesting out of morality but celebrating the “lynchers” is out of sheer ideological opposition and nothing else.

BUT the situation in India is far worse and here is why.

The demographics in America are changing and rapidly. Republicans may be able to win the elections (due to the electoral college and gerrymandering) but the majority DOES NOT support them and it is clear in public and political discourse. In India, Muslims are not only a minority but a significant minority and thus unable to oppose BJP in any meaningful way. Muslims need to make an alliance with other minorities as their (lack of) numbers will not stand.

I have given up on Indian Muslims uniting! I have dealt with many Indian Muslims (Ulama and laymen alike) and THEY HAVE NO IDEA about their predicament whatsoever. They carry on being divided and sectarian amongst themselves, completely oblivious of their vulnerabilities and their positions. I have never been to India and I have no idea why Indian Muslims are so obtuse. I have sat down with Indian Muslims for decades and overwhelming majority of them are absolutely oblivious to the dangers posed to their survival. This show the level of maturity of Indian Muslims, utterly divided, absolutely powerless, completely oblivious, totally clueless and unable to organise a two-way ticket raffle or a bun fight in a bakery! 

AIMPLB “was” a huge achievement for Indian Muslims and it shows that their predecessors were able to set aside their differences and fight for the common cause of Islam and Muslims. The current lot are a smear on the honourable reputation of their forefathers.

The Media in America is able to viciously shine a light on the far-right Government while the (mainstream) Media in India is largely silent apart from a few anchors/Journalists.

In the long run, neither America nor India will survive if they carry on along the same path.

The same is happening in Europe and the European society will also break down, it will only break down even quicker because Europe doesn’t even have economic prosperity and jobs to fall back on!

+2 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#345 [Permalink] Posted on 8th July 2018 15:45
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Colonel Sahab:

The current lot ("smear on their predecessors") are all we have to work with. The men of the past are simply that, men of the past. They were mountains, but I'm sure they found their current generation to be lacking when they compared them to their predecessors, but they slogged on, nevertheless.

It isn't just Muslims of India that are a divided lot. Their is similar acrimony in Muslims worldwide.

The Muslims most worthy of emulating today are those of Turkey. They have successfully labeled adopted the "Muslim Democrat" mold and have been successful in bringing groups together for a common good, with visionary foresight.

We have some visionary leaders among the current Ulama, such as Hazrat Maulana Khaleelur Rahman Sajjad Nomani, Hazrat Maulana Eesa Mansuri, Hazrat Maulana Mehmood Madani, Hazrat Maulana Rabe Hassani Nadwi, Hazrat Maulana Badruddin Ajmal, and the successors of Hazrat Mufti Abdul Qayyum Raipuri.
No post ratings

Jump to page: