Topic Appreciation
dr76, Jinn, abu mohammed, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Taalibah
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#346 [Permalink] Posted on 8th July 2018 15:55

abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

It is clear that Afzal Guru was put to death just to appease popular sentiments of the majority community - that was monumental injustice.

The turn out in his and Burhan Wani's last rites was of Kashmiri Muslims not Muslims in general. Hence I do not see how their case can be used by the majority community against Muslims of India in general.

You might say that the majority community of India, the Hindus, are persistently slapping the bill for partition of India on Indian Muslims and hence they can do the above also. I shall still not agree.

The only logic behind honouring the lynchers is sheer hatred of some majority community people against the minority community.

Yaqoub Memon's case is rather tragic one. If he surrendered to Indian authorities to spill the beans against those who planned the Mumbai bombings then there must have been in his mind a hope that he will be delt with leniently. This hope was belied.

The power that be, judicial and executive, might be smarting over their act of delivering justice but there is something that they lost in this process - the good will.

The bigots will use their strength against Muslims.

Bigots will use their weakness against Muslims.

Bigots will use your weakness against you.

Bigots will use your strength against you.

That is what they do.

Develop your own narrative about the issue and do not tow their line, I mean the line of the bigots. They have an agenda and it is nefarious. Bigots can never be trusted.

If you allow me then I can take this issue even further. I can tell you from personal experience - take advice from decent people only, people of Taqwa. When you take advice from Bigots then they will ask you to commit suicide. Believe me.

I am not saying that you are taking advice from them. But you certainly are taking their opinion seriously. Seriously it should be taken but always remember that they are bent upon harming you.

The least you can do is to take an enemy as an enemy.

Just think of why Allah SWT reminds us so many times that Iblis is our open enemy.

I have made this mistake several times that I took advice from people with questionable intentions. I incurred significant psychological damage every time. No more I am going to fall into their trap.

Believe me this is the mistake we are making at the moment at global level - worrying about the opinion of those forces that can easily be seen working against Islam and Muslims.

The least we can do is not to fall in their trap.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#347 [Permalink] Posted on 8th July 2018 15:58

Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

"I have given up on Indian Muslims uniting! I have dealt with many Indian Muslims (Ulama and laymen alike) and THEY HAVE NO IDEA about their predicament whatsoever. They carry on being divided and sectarian amongst themselves, completely oblivious of their vulnerabilities and their positions. I have never been to India and I have no idea why Indian Muslims are so obtuse. I have sat down with Indian Muslims for decades and overwhelming majority of them are absolutely oblivious to the dangers posed to their survival. This show the level of maturity of Indian Muslims, utterly divided, absolutely powerless, completely oblivious, totally clueless and unable to organise a two-way ticket raffle or a bun fight in a bakery! "

Most unfortunately this is true.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#348 [Permalink] Posted on 9th July 2018 05:49
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Professor Sahab:

I was actually playing devil's advocate, but you are absolutely correct in that we have to develop our own narrative through the company of those who are knowledgeable in these matters and stick to it unflinchingly.

There are a lot of good people out there among our Hindu brethren, but the bigots among them seem to be the most vociferous, and I agree with your sagacious advice about steering clear of them.
+1 -0Like x 1

Jump to page: