Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
dr76, Jinn, abu mohammed, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Taalibah
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#256 [Permalink] Posted on 16th March 2018 15:46
A Facebook Comment

A Facebook user revealed the majority community mindset in India today. He wrote : All a Hindu cares today is whether the Muslim living down the lane is dead scared or not.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
Rank Image
India
Brother
#257 [Permalink] Posted on 17th March 2018 12:05
Maripat wrote:
View original post

A real scene of a government office:

During lunch time while having a normal chat on different topics one RSS member said to his Muslim colleague,'' Sooner, all Muslims will become Hindu''

All other Hindu colleagues objected on this statement.
The Muslim very calmly said,''InshaAllah, it's impossible. Why..?..I prove''.

There are 2 best friends, both are 4th grade employees. One is Muslim and other one is Hindu. They love nothing but drinking; and drinking together.

So, first, he called the Hindu peon and said,'' If I give you Rs 50000, Will you ONCE pray in masjid..?

''When have I to pray, sir?'' he replied.

He was sent back. Then his Muslim friend was called.

He was asked,'' If I give you Rs one lakh and ask you to ring the bell in temple, will you do it..... Only Once...?

and he replied: ''Sir, If you offer me all the money of Ambani, I'll piss on it. Sir, I'm a Muslim, so what if I drink. I can't leave my Iman''

+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#258 [Permalink] Posted on 18th March 2018 08:56
A Facebook Post by a Friend

Yesterday I shared the following Waali Aasi's couplet

Suno yeh raat jane waali hai
Abhi azaan ki awaaz aaney wali hai

One of my friend read this couplet and asked me, are you trying to foster Muslim rule? I said, no not at all, this couplet only signifies a symbolic end of the darkness of the night and start of the light of the day as azan for the fajr prayer symbolises the end of night and start of the day….. Poetry by it’s nature is symbolic, it’s better to ask than to brood and adapt your own connotation which actually most of the time is unfounded….. I personally believe in…

chaman main ikhtilaf e rang o bu se baat banti hai
hum hi hum hain kya hum hain tum hi tum ho kya tum ho

Has this again gone overhead, if yes then pl. ask!

#poochlenabehtarhai
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#259 [Permalink] Posted on 20th March 2018 05:03
A Comic Relief from India

There is a VHP leader from India called Dr Pravin Togadia. VHP is the Vishwa Hindu Parishad, World Hindu Council, a political wing of the RSS just like the main political wing the BJP - the Bharatiya Janata Party (Indian People's Party).

Dr Togadia is perhaps the most vile Hindu orator who openly and flagrantly spews venom against Muslim all over India and makes frequent forays to Muslim pockets all over India like Aligarh to spread fear and terror amongst the minorities. Even in Congress rule there was no curtailment of his speeches and activities.

Indeed even the Prime Minister Narendra Modi pales in comparison to Dr Togadia's terminology and hatred.

Then there were the last state assembly elections in the home state of both the Prime Minister and Dr Togadia - Gujarat.
Dr Togadia upped the ante aginst the Prime Minister for latter's failure to construct the Ram Temple in Ayodhya. This criticism was neither lost on the Prime Minister, who is hardly forgiving when it comes to person attacks on him, nor he forgave this time.

So the Rajasthan Police was sent after Dr Togadia. It must have been in the context of some communal hatred speech sometime by Dr Togadia in Rajasthan.

Did Dr Togadia face the police bravely. No, not at all. He simply stitched off his mobile phone so that the telephone network will not trace his whereabouts and vanished into the crowd. Soon VHP workers realized that their dear leader was missing. They created suitable amount of heat not knowing that the brave heart was simply absconding.

As the luck ran out Dr Togadia ran out of blood sugar, being a diabetic patient. He even lost conscience. Someone rushed him to a private nursing home in a semi conscious state. Of course the allegation was that the powers that be, read the Prime Minister, were after his life.

So to cut the long story short the Prime Minister allegedly, the Rajasthan Police and the blood sugar, or rather lack there of were after Dr Togadia. This was a month or so ago.

Last week a random truck hit Dr Togadia's car and damaged it though Dr Togadia is still with us.

That is the setting of the joke.

There is another VHP leader called Vinay Katiyar from UP. Recently he has been blabbering about the Ram Temple demanding sacrifice. So some one created a tweet on Vinay Katiyar's part that Ram temple is demanding sacrifice. And Dr Pravin Togadia was tagged in it. Then some one created a tweet from Dr Togadia - "Bastard why are you tagging me?"
No post ratings
Rank Image
India
Brother
#260 [Permalink] Posted on 20th March 2018 09:32
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#261 [Permalink] Posted on 20th March 2018 15:56
Lingayat : A New Religion in India

The local government of the State of Karnataka in south India has accepted the Lingayat as a new religion.

Apart from Hinduism there are two other significant native religions in India - the Buddhists and the Jains. After the advent of Islam a new composite religion of Sikhism also took shape around five hundred years.

Buddhism, Jainism and the now extinct Ajivak Dharma appeared in India as a revolt against the Brahmanistic exploitation of the so called lower casts.

In an episode of back reaction against these new religions the Hinduism tried to destroy all three of them.

Ajivak Dharma they did manage to completely destroy. Jainism was decimated and only a fistful of them now remain in India. Buddhism was near completely banished from India.

In 1984 after the assassination of the then Prime Minister of India Mrs Indira Gandhi there was a huge genocidal frenzy against the Sikhs for her killers were from that community. This sent the community into a shock and silence.

India also has about a hundred thousand Parsi people, the Zoroastrians. They are mostly known for their business acumen. Though they allow no peep into their own religion and are most strict about Parsis marrying outside their own religion they maintain a very cosmopolitan view about the practices of other religions.

There were many Jewish people also in India but most of them have moved back to Israel after 1948.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#262 [Permalink] Posted on 21st March 2018 05:44
Those 39 Indians

Inndians killed in Iraq: Families say we feel betrayed, were kept in the dark

External affairs minister Sushma Swaraj told Parliament that 39 Indians, abducted by Islamic State terrorists in Iraq’s Mosul town three years ago, are dead and their bodies have been recovered.

Jatinder Mahal and Surjit Singh

Hindustan Times, Jalandhar/Amritsar

The grieving families of the 39 construction workers, whose bodies were found in Iraq after they were abducted by Islamic State terrorists in Iraq in 2014, said on Tuesday they were given false assurance for years by the Centre, which said that the men were alive.

Gurpinder Kaur, the sister of Punjab resident Manjinder Singh who was killed in Iraq, heard the news on television, and refused to believe that her brother was dead because she said external affairs minister Sushma Swaraj told her that her brother was alive.

“Our fate is like that of the victims of 1984 anti-Sikh violence who are still being deprived of justice,” Gurpinder, who galvanised the families of the missing men in the region, said.

She said it was unfair that they learned about the news from television channels and not the Union government. “The families kept trying to call the office of Sushma Swaraj, but no one picked up the phone,” she alleged.

This proves that the government was not sincere about rescuing the missing men, she said.
Gurpinder Kaur, sister of Manjinder Singh killed in Iraq, speaks to the media on Tuesday. (ANI twitter)

“I heard this on television. Until the MEA (ministry of external affairs) does not contact me, I will not believe this,” Gurpinder said. “We should have been contacted as soon as they received the information. Had that been done it would not have been such a huge blow. We feel betrayed from all sides.”

Gurpinder said Swaraj “cared only about her reputation”.

“Yes, she was supposed to announce this in Parliament first but he was part of our family,” she said. “She used to say they’re like her children, if that’s the case where’s her sorrow?”

The minister, Gurpinder added, had been saying all along that he was alive and they were tracing the location of the abducted workers.

Swaraj earlier said in the Rajya Sabha that their bodies were recovered from Badosh — a village in the northwest of Mosul — and their identities established through DNA testing although it was not immediately known when the Indians were killed.

The mortal remains, which were exhumed from a mass grave, will be brought back to India on a special plane and handed over to their relatives, Swaraj said.

A group of 40 Indian workers, mostly from Punjab, were taken hostage by the IS when it overran Iraq’s second largest city Mosul in 2014.

Of the 40 men, Harjit Masih from Gurdaspur managed to escape by faking his identity as a Muslim from Bangladesh and claimed to have witnessed the massacre of the others. But the government rejected Masih’s version.
Read more

39 Indians killed in Iraq: Govt delayed information, gave false hope to families, says Congress
Sushma Swaraj on Indians killed in Iraq: Followed procedure, informed parliament before families

The family members of Gobinder Singh of Murar village in Kapurthala were equally distraught when they first heard the news. Amarjeet Kaur, Gobinder’s wife, said her family now wants to see him one last time.

“We were kept in the dark ... The government should hand over the bodies to us as soon as possible,” an inconsolable Amarjeet said.

The sole breadwinner of the family, Gobinder went to work in a construction company in Iraq in 2013 to shore up his domestic finances after taking a loan of Rs1.5 lakh.

“I would have never let him go to Iraq had I known that he will never come back,” Amarjeet said.

Davinder Singh, Gobinder’s brother, said the government had been lying all along and that it failed to take the right action to bring his brother back safely. He said that even Masih claimed that the 39 men were gunned down on June 15, 2014, but the government kept lying.

Swaraj told the families of the workers last year that an Iraqi official, quoting intelligence sources, had told the minister of state for external affairs General (retd) VK Singh that the Indians were made to work at a hospital construction site and then shifted to a farm before they were put in a jail in Badosh.

Davinder said they learnt of Gobinder’s death from a Union government spokesperson, who called them on Tuesday morning. The spokesman promised to bring the body back to India very soon.

The last four years have been harsh on the family. Amarjeet said her elder son Amandeep Singh, 19, dropped out of school after Class 12 and started working in a factory and that she works a household help to make ends meet. Their younger daughter Karandeep (17) is studying in a government school.

The family has demanded a government job for Gobinder’s son.

Ranjit Kaur and Balkar Singh, parents of Jatinder Singh and residents of Sialka village in Amritsar, were overcome with grief when they heard the news.

“The government kept us in the dark,” Ranjit echoed Amarjeet’s sentiments as she wiped her tears.

Relatives of other men also blamed the Centre for not doing enough.

Seema Devi, the wife of Sonu from Chawinda Devi village, said that the government continued to make promises to them without doing anything concrete.
Read more

Harjit Masih was lying, says Sushma Swaraj on his story of escape from Islamic State in Iraq
39 Indians abducted by Islamic State dead: Punjab leaders mourn deaths, say Centre delayed news

Swarn Singh, the brother of Nishan Singh of Sangowana village who was also among those killed in Iraq, fumed that if the government had taken concrete steps, the 39 Indians could have been saved.

“My husband went to Iraq in 2013. We are left with nothing now. I have nowhere to go with my kids. We have no male members anymore. My father, father-in-law and now my husband is dead,” Usha, the widow of Surjit Singh alias Sonu, said.

Usha claimed the family had borrowed money to send Sonu to Iraq. “We spent around Rs 2.5 lakh and even mortgaged our house,” she said.

The family has been getting a stipend of Rs 20,000 each month from the Punjab government every month, which it fears will stop now.

“We have nothing to ask from the government except that it brings back our people so that we can see them one last time,” cried Usha.

The Congress also criticised the government over “the delay” in announcing the deaths of the men and giving false hope to the families of the men.

“Why did the govt give false hope to the nation for three and a half years that the people were still alive? That was disappointing behaviour,” Congress legislator Shashi Tharoor said in a tweet.

Swaraj rejected the allegations by victims’ families that they were given false assurances by the Centre, saying “it wasn’t a falsehood, this was a tireless effort”.

She also said she was duty-bound to tell Parliament first about their death before informing their relatives.

“We had been saying that we neither have the evidence of them being alive nor the evidence of them being dead. We maintained this in 2014 and 2017,” she said.

“I can understand the anger of families, I see it as a natural reaction but I would like to say that I have never kept them in the dark,” she added.

(With agency inputs)

Source : The HT
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#263 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd March 2018 09:14
While Harsh Mander's article spoke truth about the political situation of Muslims in India, there is nothing new in this. Even when Muslims get elected to parliament they are under the command of "secular" hindu netas. That's meaningless. No Muslim leader abandoned Nitish for eg.

Muslims have failed to create their own political space or leadership. You can't blame bjp or rss when you have practically signed off your destiny to so called secular Hindus who have little understanding of your social issues. You are merely a vote for them. Nothing more.

You can't blame Congress for failing you. Congress can't upset Hindus for a minority. You have to build ur own destiny. Yadavs have their own party, Sikhs have their own party, Bahujan samaaj has their own party bcuz no one is going to fight for you. You need to do the hard work

@brumbyoz on twitter
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#264 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd March 2018 09:15
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#265 [Permalink] Posted on 24th March 2018 10:40
Rajab wrote:
View original post

This is what I have been saying lately in my immediate circle. Mostly Muslims are aware of this tricky situation but still do not gather the courage to say that we would keep Muslim votes with Muslim leaders.

In an ironical twist the constitution will not allow religious naming of votes but that rule will never be implemented for the majority while the minority can never ignore that rule.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#266 [Permalink] Posted on 26th March 2018 07:50
Scroll interview

Interview: ‘Why I think Muslims should not vote in the 2019 Lok Sabha elections’

Former Congress MP Mohammad Adeeb warns that the Constitution is at stake in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.

Ajaz Ashraf

Civil society activist and writer Harsh Mander recently lamented in his piece, Sonia, sadly, published in the Indian Express on March 17, that the Muslims of India feel politically orphaned. As evidence, Mander referred to a note recently written by a “well-regarded former Congress MP” that asked Muslims to step out of the political arena to prevent the Bharatiya Janata Party from communally polarising the electorate.

The “well-regarded MP” is Mohammad Adeeb, who was elected as an Independent to the Rajya Sabha from Uttar Pradesh in 2008 for a six-year term. His note has been widely circulated and has become a matter of intense debate both within and outside the Muslim community. In this interview to Scroll.in, Adeeb explains why he thinks Muslims should not vote in the 2019 Lok Sabha elections. Excerpts:

Why have you proposed that Muslims should step down from the political arena?
In 2014, [Narendra] Modi won the Lok Sabha elections minus the votes of Muslims. Since then, the BJP has turned just about every election into a Hindu-Muslim one.

So how is this phenomenon linked to your proposal?
The BJP’s winning formula of communal polarisation has convinced every party, including the Congress, to prove that it is not only a Hindu party, but also the party with the best Hindu credentials.

When you say Muslims should step out from the political arena, do you mean they should not fight elections or that they should not even vote?
My contention is that if secular parties do not forge an alliance, why should we Muslims enter into the political arena and become a catalyst for the Hindu-Muslim polarisation? Why should we damage them?

Wouldn’t they be damaged more if Muslims do not even come out to vote?
These parties remain secular as long as they think they can win with Muslims’ support. But once they realise they cannot win even with the support of Muslims, they cross over [to the BJP].

Like who?
[Union Minister] Ram Vilas Paswan, [Uttar Pradesh minister] Rita Bahuguna, [BJP MP] Jagdambika Pal, etc – who hasn’t deserted Muslims as soon as soon as it dawns on them that they cannot win an election with their support?

Today, the country’s atmosphere is such that it seems only an anti-Muslim candidate or party can win. This atmosphere has been created over the last four years under Modi, a feat that the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh could not achieve over the last 70 years.
A BJP worker celebrates the party's victory in the 2017 Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls. (Photo credit: Reuters).
A BJP worker celebrates the party's victory in the 2017 Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls. (Photo credit: Reuters).

Why has the political atmosphere changed so suddenly?
It is because of TV channels. For their 8 pm slot, they get a couple of maulanas from Okhla [a Muslim-dominated area of Delhi] and RSS ideologues like Rakesh Sinha to debate issues of national importance. Have you ever seen a Gandhian in these debates? These channels, with great respect and awe, say Mr so-and-so is an RSS ideologue. This is the same RSS which opposed Gandhi tooth-and-nail. From internal to foreign policy, to even Muslim Personal Law, these ideologues give their opinions.

I have been telling Muslims not to go to TV channels. It is a conspiracy [to spread the RSS’s ideology]. The coffers of TV channels have been filled with money. The electronic media are the RSS’s franchisees and are solely responsible for spreading hate in the country.

Is it to combat hate that you want Muslims to step out from the political arena?
If secular parties do not come together, what will happen to Muslim votes, say, in Uttar Pradesh? It will get split three ways between the Congress, the SP [Samajwadi Party] and the Bahujan Samaj Party. By contrast, the political motivation of 30% of the electorate is hatred for Muslims.

30%?
They are not less than that. Parties wishing to counter the BJP will have to forge a vote-base of at least 35%. In fact, secular Hindus are far more than 35%. Muslim votes get split because each of the non-BJP parties wants to make itself strong. They are not bothered about India’s fate.

So how does your proposal that Muslims should step out of the political arena help?
If secular parties do not come together, then not only will Muslim votes get split, the community will become a catalyst for communal polarisation. Secular parties will lose, India will lose. Muslims should force secular parties to come together. Muslims should tell secular parties that if they do not come together, they will not vote in 2019.

What is the logic?
Take Lalu Prasad Yadav, Mayawati, Mulayam Singh Yadav or Akhilesh Yadav, and the Congress. Leaders of their parties have told me that they would be a zero if Muslims boycott polls and do not vote for them.

I conveyed my proposal to Muslim organisations, but most of them are still mulling it. I have decided, therefore, to gather the Aligarh biradri [past and present students of Aligarh Muslim University] for this campaign. In a month or so, I will tour UP [Uttar Pradesh] and Bihar and contact the Aligarh biradri.

Bihar and UP together send 120 MPs to Parliament. Out of these 120 constituencies, the BJP won 105 in 2014. If the BJP’s 105 seats in these two states can be reduced to 30-35 in 2019, it will not be able to get majority on its own and form the next government. Even if they are able to form a government with the help of its allies, Modi will not be able to get a second term. This is because the BJP’s allies have understood that they are just Modi’s slaves, not partners in the government.

What has been the response of Aligarh Muslim University’s students?
In a month or two, the AMU students’ union will organise a convention on my proposal. They are smart boys. It is rare to find a place in Uttar Pradesh or Bihar where AMU students do not have an organisation of some sort. The Muslim intellectual class will stand up to say that to protect secular India, it is vital that secular parties, which win on account of the community’s votes, should unite. And if they do not unite, then the Muslim community will boycott the 2019 elections. My argument is that if secular parties are with us only for our votes, we do not wish to have any truck with them.

I was delighted that Mayawati and Akhilesh Yadav came together for the bye-polls in Gorakhpur and Phulpur. I was saddened that the Congress fielded candidates in both constituencies.

But there will be Muslim leaders who will not agree with your proposal?
Yes, there are those who knock on the doors of political parties for personal gains. They do not bother about the community. I am not a supporter of Asaduddin Owaisi, but he brought in an amendment to the Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Bill, 2017, to nullify the clause prescribing punishment to husbands who resort to instant talaq with a jail term of three years. Out of 27 Muslim MPs, not even one voted in favour of the amendment. Muslims want triple talaq to be discontinued. But the provision for punishment is an oppressive measure. Owaisi was right in bringing an amendment to the Bill. Why should Muslims back leaders who are just the stooges of their parties and do not represent the community’s interests?

Mander in his piece suggested that for Muslims not to vote in an election is akin to them forfeiting their rights.
Rights? A Muslim marries a Hindu girl [Hadiya] who had converted to Islam on her own. But the Kerala High Court annulled the marriage and the Supreme Court took months to decide the issue. What people do not understand is that if the BJP were to win the 2019 elections, neither the Constitution nor the rights of people will survive.

If secular parties unite, would you favour Muslims standing in the 2019 elections?
Yes, why not?

But what if even after the threat of boycott of polls, non-BJP parties do not unite.
The Opposition parties will disappear.

In other words, you think the 2019 elections is the last battle for India’s soul.
Yes, after that there would be no Constitution left. If Opposition leaders do not unite, their status will be the same as that of Muslims today. Let them face what Muslims are experiencing today. We Muslims made a choice not to go to Pakistan. Yet, after 70 years, we are being asked to prove our patriotism and submit the video recordings of madrassas [celebrating India’s Independence Day]. Isn’t it the responsibility of Hindus to speak out, to come together now?

You wrote the note after the India Today enclave. Was Sonia Gandhi’s remark that the Congress has become identified as a Muslim party a provocation?
Sonia’s remark was upsetting. I was sure that no party would publicly declare that Muslims are a liability.

But Congress leader AK Antony had more or less made the same remark in 2014.
Yes, and Anand Sharma, too, was quoted saying that in case the Congress wishes to win in 2019, it has to distance itself from Muslims. If Congress is going to treat Muslims as political untouchables, why should we support it?

If Sonia Gandhi was repeating what other leaders of her party had already said, then why were you so upset with her?
I have always considered her as the most decent politician India has. I have also had close relations with her. In addition, she has made great sacrifices for the country. To hear her say what she said…maybe her party compelled her to say what she did…But well, where do Muslims go then?

But the Congress has always had a strong Hindu right. For instance, the first four states to ban cow slaughter were ruled by the Congress.
As a member of the Rajya Sabha, I once delivered a speech in which I said that the secularism that the Congress is selling is of 14-carat, not 24-carat. On the other hand, the BJP is selling 24-carat Hindutva. Obviously, the 24-carat [ideology] will sell more. I warned them not to sell the 14-carat secularism, for Gandhi and Nehru gifted us the ideology of secularism that was 24-carat.

That said, at least the Congress never gave Muslims the feeling that they did not belong to India. This is indeed a great contribution of the Congress, though Muslims were not given anything [in the material sense]. But we have been orphaned now.

How do you think the Muslim community will react to Sonia Gandhi’s remark?
I am not afraid of Modi or Yogi [Adityanath]. I am afraid of my own community. You cannot tell how many Zafar Sareshwalas will be born. [This is a reference to a type – Gujarati businessman Zafar Sareshwala’s business was severely damaged during the 2002 Gujarat riots, but after opposing Modi, he became his ardent supporter. He is now the chancellor of the Maulana Azad National Urdu University]. Or, for that matter, how many Mohsin Razas will be born. [Mohsin Raza is a former Ranji Trophy cricketer who is the minister of minority affairs in Uttar Pradesh].

If such people come up, the community will witness deep fissures. It could go the way of the Sikh community.

You mean to say that it might lead to bloody internal conflicts within the community?
Yes. When Modi came to power, there was a rush from Delhi to meet Sareshwala so that he could organise a meeting between them and Modi. I told such Muslims that what we are facing is a battle of ideology. Modi has been winning because the perception is that he will set right the Miyans [a derogatory remark for Muslims].

How do you look upon Asaduddin Owaisi as a Muslim leader?
He is a brilliant man. But his advantage is that he lives in a city [Hyderabad] where Muslims are 70% [of the population]. We in the Hindi heartland do not have that advantage – we live in pockets where Muslims are mostly 10%-15% [of the population]. Owaisi cannot protect Muslims here. So Owaisi can say anything he wishes. But voters in Bihar were intelligent. They finished him off. Owaisi’s remarks are often a catalyst for polarisation.

But Owaisi targets secular parties saying they bag Muslim votes but never do anything for the community.
This charge is applicable to everyone. I would want to know from Owaisi sahib what work has he done for the community.

What is your position on the Babri Masjid?
Whether or not Muslims win the case in the Supreme Court, they should ask why those who demolished the Babri Masjid have not been punished yet.

I ask you the question because all signs show that the BJP will revive the temple issue before the 2019 elections.
Yes, they will. It is because of this factor I made the suggestion that Muslims should boycott elections. If Muslims do not vote, then what electoral appeal will the Ram temple have? Their problem is that they killed the hen [demolished the Babri Masjid] that was laying the golden eggs [getting votes by fanning the anger of Hindus] for them.

Fine, but suppose the judgement comes in favour of Muslims, will they demand that the makeshift Ram temple be removed from the disputed site?
Ali Mian [Islamic scholar Abul Hasan Ali Hasani Nadwi, who died on December 31, 1999] and the Shankaracharya of Kanchi [Jayendra Saraswathi Swamigal, who died February 28, 2018] had worked out a compromise formula. According to it, idols were to be taken out of the Babri Masjid, and a temple was to be built on the 50-60 acres of land around the mosque. The idols were then to be installed in the newly constructed temple. This compromise formula is documented.

I would drive Ali Mian to Bihar Bhavan, where the talks for finding a solution were held in 1990. It was decided that a passage would be left for Muslims wishing to pray inside the Babri Masjid. The other condition was that the 50-60 acres of land would not be given to the political class, but to the Shankaracharya Maharaj.

Why didn’t the deal come through?
BJP leader AB Vajpayee agreed to the compromise deal. LK Advani was then on his Somnath-to-Ayodhya yatra [September-October, 1990]. He stopped in Delhi and cleared the agreement. Both Vajpayee and Advani said the land was a waqf property and, therefore, might not be handed over. VP Singh was then the prime minister. He went over to the president [R Venkataraman] and the disputed property was acquired by the government.

However, when Advani reached Patna, he backtracked. Basically, the Vishwa Hindu Parishad created a furore because the land was to be handed over to the Shankaracharya, not to them. The reneging on the deal prompted Singh to give Lalu the go-ahead and arrest Advani. I remember [Janata Dal leader] Surendra Mohan asking Singh not to do that as the government would fall [The BJP was supporting the Janata Dal-led Union government from outside]. Singh said, “I have had enough. Let the government fall.”

Source : Scroll
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#267 [Permalink] Posted on 26th March 2018 07:51
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#268 [Permalink] Posted on 26th March 2018 09:58
Bismillah
The comments under that article shows how people are supporting the so called monk. Should be from NRIs who sponsor these kind of racists. Quite shameful indeed.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#269 [Permalink] Posted on 26th March 2018 21:22
Many well meaning people have written against Guha's condescending article on Muslim reforms. But all of them missed the most important points. That in my view is a bigger problem than Guha's ignorance. Let me list some points here.

1. Hindus liberals can only lecture Muslims in India bcuz they are a overwhelming majority. Majoritarian privilege gives them a sense of superiority. They don't speak from a position of authority which they would get by being socially better performing than muslims.

2. Hindu liberals have little to no influence over larger Hindu society. If social media is anything to go by you will generally see Hindus showering abuses at their liberals.Being at such a sad position within their own community how do they get the authority to lecture Muslims?

3. Even if all the Muslims of India become the most socially advanced people on the planet, India will still continue to be one of the worst performing countries on human development and gender equality unless 80% Hindus decide to reform themselves. 14% dont define India.

4. Muslims are more than capable of bringing in reforms without the help of Hindu Liberals. If Hindu Liberals were capable of reforming a society then today Hindus won't be the most socially backward people in India and indeed in the wider world. Look at the stats.

5. Muslims live in so called ghettos because Hindus have unleashed unimaginable horrors on their Muslim neighbors during pogroms. Even if we discount the violence, Muslims living among Hindus are marked as the 'other'. No such struggles in "ghettos" where people can be themselves

6. Then there is this shameless hypocrisy. Hindus are forcing dietary restrictions on Muslim men and women using law, law enforcement agencies and private militias. Then Hindus have the gall to lecture Muslims on forced sartorial choices? Really!

7. Facts are as important as the order in which they are discussed. When women are facing falling employment, growing foeticide, growing violence, shrinking political space it doesn't make sense to order burqa over the most pressing problems. Unless ur agenda is something else.

@brumbyoz on twitter
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#270 [Permalink] Posted on 26th March 2018 21:27
Sibal pulls out of Babri Masjid trial amid worries in Congress over damage to party image.

Janeu-dhari Congress sees us Muslims as untouchable and avoids us like the plague.
But Khangressi mad dogs on Twitter have the audacity to howl at the slightest hint of Muslims not backing their disgusting party 100 per cent.
No post ratings

Jump to page: