Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Top Members

India Diary

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
dr76, Jinn, abu mohammed, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Taalibah, sipraomer, Naqshband66, bint e aisha, mSiddiqui
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#631 [Permalink] Posted on 12th January 2020 14:58

Arfatzafar wrote:
View original post

Public Repentance & Apology on Dr Zakir Naik

Under the guidance, consultation and discussion with Deobandi Ulama & Mashaykh from around the world, I may have said things in their Taqleed which are against Dr Zakir Naik Saheb (HA).

I now realise that I was wrong on the issue of Dr Zakir Naik.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_yHaekXfT8

1. I RETRACT my words.
  2. I REPENT from my words
  3. I SEEK forgiveness from Allah Ta'ala from my error

Jazakallahu Khayran

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#632 [Permalink] Posted on 14th January 2020 16:10
IPS officers in India are under pressure from government to do her bidding.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#633 [Permalink] Posted on 14th January 2020 16:11
+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#634 [Permalink] Posted on 14th January 2020 16:12
They want to bury alive the Muslims who oppose CAA.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#635 [Permalink] Posted on 14th January 2020 16:13
+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#636 [Permalink] Posted on 16th January 2020 09:08
Govern, not Conquor : Dev Athawale in Indian Express

(This writer has figured out exactly what has been missing in the narrative about the state of affairs in India today.)

Govern, not conquer: Using force to suppress the ‘Other’ cannot lead to peace
The suspicions of the present day ruling class with regard to the integrity of Muslims are deeply worrying. The government’s perceived hostility towards them, so as to relegate them to second-rate citizens or an appendage of Hindus, is unfathomable.

Written by Dev Athawale | Updated: January 16, 2020 9:49:00 am
makar sankranti, makar sankranti 2020 kite flying, international kite celebration
X
A person flies a kite protesting CAA and NRC. (Express Photo)

In the article, ‘Discrimination, not justice’, (IE, December 19, 2019), Pratap Bhanu Mehta, writes about “arguably, the largest student protest since the Emergency”. In the context of the failure of our governing institutions, the role of students in seeking to restore our constitutional framework is striking. On the other hand, the political class does not seem to be worried, while pursuing policies that would undermine the very structure of our constitutional democracy.

As we seek to restore our torn social fabric, and promote both democracy and pluralism, some clues from the past may be useful. In the years before Independence, the failure of the leadership — of the Congress and the Muslim League — to arrive at an honourable compact had tragic consequences. The League saw the Congress as promoting Hindu hegemony; the Congress dismissed the League as a bunch of intransigent Muslims. The result was the Partition of India, which resulted in loss of lives and property to the tune of thousands of crores. It also created a bitter, enduring enmity between communities.

But, despite Partition, millions of Muslims stayed behind in India, taking at face value the promises of the Indian Constitution — that they would enjoy equal rights of citizenship. How can we redeem those promises now?

It is here that the past may help. While the political debate on Partition has focused on what the Congress and the League did (or did not do) in the years just before 1947, if we go slightly further back in time, we can discover voices of sanity that speak directly to our troubled present. These voices can serve the present generation to remind them of the wrongs engulfing them. Here, we would be reading history not to compete with the present, but to find meaningful solutions for the future.

In particular, I draw the reader’s attention to the deliberations at the First Round Table Conference, held in London in November 1930. The conference had 89 representatives: 16 British officials, 57 delegates from British India, and 16 from the Princely States. Although the Congress had boycotted the conference, it nonetheless saw the participation of liberal Hindus like Tej Bahdur Sapru, V S Srinavasa Sastri, M R Jaykar and C Y Chintamani, as well as prominent Muslim leaders, like Aga Khan, Sir Mohmmad Shafi, Mohammad Ali, A K Fazl-ul-Huq and M A Jinnah.

In The Constitutional Problem in India, Sir Reginald Coupland has given a vivid account of the discussions in the conference. Sapru’s remarks are especially worth quoting: “It has been an article of faith with me, that no constitution has any chance of success in India unless the minorities are fully satisfied, that they have got the position of honourable safety in the new commonwealth which we are seeking to establish”. But, “the heart of youth of India on the question”, Sapru went on, “is absolutely sound”, and sooner or later a sense of “territorial patriotism” must grow among them. It would grow, added Jaykar, if the communities were given a chance of serving India together. “Give them opportunities of feeling that side by side they are working for their one country… and a great deal of the difficulty will disappear”. (Coupland, pp 120-121).

Opinion | CAA, NRC protests are an opportunity for students, Muslims to provide leadership

These words are highly pertinent for India today. For, what do different enactments like the anti-conversion Act, anti-beef Acts, the criminalising of triple talaq, the abrogation of Article 370, and, the introduction of NRC and CAA, mean to Indian Muslims today? Will this satisfy Muslims or dismay them? Do they feel they are treated honourably and enjoy security in the country of their choice after Partition? Do they have reason to be proud of “territorial patriotism”? Do we allow them to grow as such? Do we give them opportunities to work for their one country?

The suspicions of the present day ruling class with regard to the integrity of Muslims are deeply worrying. These are Indians who did not cross over to Pakistan, during Partition, believing that they would be treated honourably, with secure futures. The government’s perceived hostility towards them, so as to relegate them to second-rate citizens or an appendage of Hindus, is unfathomable.

Opinion | Citizenship law threatens the very idea of India. We must raise our voices

Here, it would be instructive to recall what Edmund Burke had said in the context of the British subjugation of American colonies. Burke had remarked: “A nation is not governed which is perpetually to be conquered”. How long shall we use force to conquer the “others”? That seems to be the question that the students at the vanguard of the current protests are raising. We should take heed, and act wisely.

This article first appeared in the print edition on January 16, 2020 under the title ‘Govern, not conquer’. The writer is a retired public servant based in Pune.

Source : IE
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#637 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2020 11:33
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#638 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2020 12:09
TechMan wrote:
View original post

What is the background of Maulana Kaleem Siddiqui?
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#639 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2020 12:36

TechMan wrote:
View original post

Mufti Taqi Usmani (HA) met Maulana Kaleem (HA) and stated that Pakistani Muslims are concerned about Indian Muslims to which Maulana suggested that in Pakistan:

1. Pakistani Darul-ulooms need permission to organise Qurbani and Ulama have been jailed for organising Udhiya without permission
  2. Punjab Government has disallowed Tableeghi Jamaat activities in Secular institutions

India has no restrictions on Indian Muslims so we (Indian) Muslims are 100 times more concerned about state of Pakistani Muslims then Pakistani Muslims are about Indian Muslims so he basically snubbed off Mufti Taqi Usmani (HA).

1 & 2 are twisted and spun but Mufti Taqi Usmani (HA) is a genuinely nice person and there are not many people left in this world (whom I have met) who are at his level of Akhlaaq.

Response to Maulana Kaleem Siddiqui (HA):

وعن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه عن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم قال‏:‏ ‏ "‏من كان يؤمن بالله واليوم الآخر، فليقل خيرًا، أو ليصمت‏"‏ ‏(‏‏(‏متفق عليه‏)‏‏)

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "He who believes in Allah and the Last Day must either speak good or remain silent." [Bukhari & Muslim].

No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#640 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2020 13:24
Kaleem Siddiqui Sahab indulged in a nationalist gig.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#641 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2020 13:58
Professor Apoorvanand

I listened to him today in the university.

He said very nice and very kind things and his concern for the would be victims of CAA, NPR and NRC was palpable.

But at the end I got the vibe that India is clueless as to what should be done.

Chaman se aaj saba beqarar guzari hai

While leaving the garden, the breeze today was restless.

Source : My Facebook Post
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#642 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2020 18:26
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Maulana Kaleem Siddiqui was born at Phulat, a village in Muzaffar Nagar district of Uttar Pradesh, India and graduated from Darul Uloom, Nadwatul Ulama, Lucknow.

He runs a Madarsa in his native place and organizes training courses for graduates of other Madarsas to prepare them for a better and prosperous life. He is very much inspired by Maulana Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi (Ali Miyan). He established Jamiyat Imam Waliullah Trust for Charity and Da’wah work. He started several Schools and Madarsas in various states of India. There are centers in a number of states to look after the proper functioning of these organisations. He also publishes magazine Armughan in Urdu, Sarva Shanti in Hindi and Al-Khair in Arabic. Maulana also did establish World Peace Organisation which works for peace and communal harmony.
+1 -0

Jump to page: