Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
dr76, Jinn, abu mohammed, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Taalibah, sipraomer, Naqshband66
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#421 [Permalink] Posted on 15th November 2018 10:11
Muslim League vs Muslims in Congress

Muslim League began its journey because the former elite of the Muslims were worried about their future in Independent India.

Earlier Sir Syed Ahmed Khan had warned Muslims against joining the Congress.

In the early period of Muslim League there was this considerable between the League and the Congress about the interests of Muslims in independent India. That would be natural for any process that was just beginning. Any movement and action will not have all the contours of its ideology chalked out clearly in the beginning.

So we have a period where Muslims were freely shuttling between the League and the Congress.

Soon the outlines were clear. And the tragedy began.

The League started negotiating for Muslims with a view to get what we today would call equity in India for Muslims after the British left.

The Muslims in the Congress, sadly, settled for a status that was vague and unspecific. The ideological posture of Congress at that time looked very secular and fair while that of the League looked partisan.

The posterity still thinks of the League representing a partisan ideology called the Two Nation Theory. Yet the same posterity does not take into account what a defeating proposition it has turned out to be what the Indian National Congress had for the Muslims. The cosmetic tokenism has been ruthlessly exploited by the saffron brigade to drive a majoritarian juggernaut though out India and Muslims have not only turned as losers but incurring security related damage too.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#422 [Permalink] Posted on 17th November 2018 05:26
The Status of Hindu Rashtra

Today's Hindu newspaper has an interview with MIM president barrister Asaduddin Owaisi.

One of the questions and answer are given below.

How are you supporting the TRS when there is a perception that they are inclined towards the BJP?

This country requires more regional parties, more regional voices, more political voices from deprived sections. This country’s diversity cannot be reflected if only two parties lead this country. Rahul Gandhi, in a public meeting, said the Congress is with Hinduism. Had I said that, it would have been in national news. I would have been slaughtered for two days by 9 p.m. nationalists. Rahul Gandhi can say that and get away with it. They [Congress] are trying to tell people of India that in terms of Hindutva, they are better than Mr. Modi [Prime Minister Narendra Modi]. Then what choice is left? That is why I say regional parties will play an important role in 2019.

The situation on ground, in India as well as globally, is changing so fast that it is difficult to keep track of the flow of the status. Let me try to deconstruct the background in the above case.

The further bad news here is the following. Congress and most of the other parties have been trying to oppose, reduce the impact of and the slow down the Saffron juggernaut. How are they succeeding? Not at all. So what is the out come? The out come is that the new status quo is what RSS might not even had dreamed of. How is that? Well the new status quo is that Congress has unashamedly been projecting an image that as Hindus they are more Hindu than the RSS and BJP combine. And that is the new minimum. You begin with at least the Soft Hindutva.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#423 [Permalink] Posted on 17th November 2018 06:02
On Muslim Sects

Whether you like it or not your Maslak will termed as a sect by one person or another and at the end of the day you will be termed sectarian.

That is the bitter truth.

The sect question is more relevant and applicable in India today than the rest of the Muslim world. The Shias in Iran are very happy and cozy in their own country plus they are trying their best to expand their influence, tribe and empire. Do you realize how glibly the Yemen problem has solely been dumped by us on Saudia? How glibly the Iran-Iraq problem has been dumped on Saddam Hussain?

Coming back to our Sects. Saudia is very happy and cozy with the Salafi mindset. They care zilch about the rest of the other interpretations. And by the way how and why did we allow that the Saudi Scholars should judge our Islam? You may ask what am I talking about? Well I am talking about our people, mostly Ulama, running to Saudia to get Fatawa from the Hermain about ourselves and the rest. Think of Maualana Ahmed Raza Khan getting Fatwa against our scholars and scholars getting Fatwa against Sir Syed from the Harmain. Is it so difficult to see that the Islam as practiced in Saudia has serious problems?

Then there is this sect called the Jama-at-e-Islami and parties like that in many other countries including the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. They are very cozy doing their own kind of activity.

Then there is the other crowd that takes pride in condemning all Maslaks and hence by implication inventing one more sect.

So what can be done in such a confusing situation? I have been articulating my view on this real and present problem time and again and let me repeat it again here. I have chosen Deoband's Maslak for myself and I follow or rather try to follow them. But then others here are again Deobandis.

After that my attitude is that we should be ready to work with both Salafis as well as the Barelwis for the betterment of Muslim Ummah as well as for solving the problems of the Muslim Ummah. Including Jama-at-e-Islami.

But there is a lacuna here. You are ready to work with everybody but are others ready to do that? Most probably not. Take Barelwis, for example. Their declared motif is that they will accept neither our Imamat nor our Leadership. Plus there is this another pesky thing - in past they have slapped the Fatwa of Kufr against our most respected Ulama. Can we work or should we still work with those people? This is a question that should be decided and this question is rightfully Deoband's to decide. The amont of hatred and insult they spew against our Elders and Ulama is excessive.

One may ask that we are already working with them in the AIMPLB - the All India Muslim Personal Law Board. That is very well but the issue still remains whether to take them with us or not.

About Salafis and Jama-at-e-Islami I am little bit more clear. I think we can work with them. It is difficult but we can set the ground rules in the beginning and go ahead with working with them. What is more eek-worthy that they have done better than us on some fronts - like the work of late Dr Israr Ahmed and the works of late Mr Ahmed Deedat and Dr Zakir Naik.

I am ashamed that in spite of breaking my head against these issues for a decade I have not got the things in the crystal clear form for myself and for my brothers and sisters. But I do assure that I have been putting in my best abilities and very hard work to do the same. Only now I realize that these problems belong to that quarter which is not strong in my set of abilities. Indeed if I was sure of a person better qualified and better endowed in abilities than me then I would very gladly have abstained myself from this task.

Kindly do not construe that I am writing out of self-delusion about my abilities. I am not. The only thing that I am saying is that people with better abilities than mine are not paying due attention to the problems I am focusing upon. Because of that I have been pushing and peddling my own meager and miserable abilities and capabilities for the sake of the Ummah. Plus there is absolutely no doubt about the general apathy among our brethren about the problems the Ummah is facing.

Did you notice that two of our most valiant soldiers simply went out of business - Pir Zuklfiqar Sahab and Maulana Tariq Jamil Sahab. Former could not clarify and manage his views and actions about Sulook for females and ended up in a corner and in my view latter lost confidence because of the affair of the former. What a good mess we find ourselves in. And remember we are not talking about those issues that I prefer to focus upon - worldly problems of Muslim Ummah the world over.

Once a Barelwi friend of mine, Engineer Ahmed Saleem Pirzada, was frustrated with Ali Miyan RA. He said with utmost anguish that till today I do not know Ali Miyan's stand on Babri Masjid. This is indeed frustrating - the Thinker of Islam not giving good vibes on an issue that occupied the public space all the time.

In any case I am doing my best to find a way out and I can do with all the help my brothers and sisters can render.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#424 [Permalink] Posted on 17th November 2018 06:26
Our former Vice Chancellor Gen Zameeruddin Shah had earlier risen to the post of Deputy Chief of the Army Staff in Indian Army.

After serving as our VC he retired more than a year back.

Then he recently wrote a book about his experience in Army as well as at AMU. The book is called a Sarkari Mussalman - a pejorative word for a Muslim in India towing the government line.

Gen Shah saw that in recent times some very senior retired army people from the majority community were taking very anti-Muslim stands in social gatherings. He has been trying to repudiate these in his own way. One of them is that he decided to give that image where Muslims in India are apologetic about Islam.

That is the attitude Gen Shah adopted in his book. During his tenure as our VC the outspoken and very high profile education minister of India, Ms Smriti Irani, tried to bully Gen Shah over an issue or two but Mr Shah stood his ground by putting his General's foot down. Even after his laying down of the office of our VC when the government went after the university over an old historical painting the General as well as his deputy of VC office, Brigadier Syed Ahmed Ali, came out clearly and decisively against government bullying.

Somehow that has not gone down very well with another very worthy Muslim in India - lawyer and an expert on constitutional expert Mr Abdul Ghafoor Noorani. In a book review in the Frontline magazine Mr Noorani has been scathing and uncharitable with Gen Shah.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#425 [Permalink] Posted on 17th November 2018 06:44
My Facebook Exchange Today

Me : Decline, Fall, Irrelevance and Tragedy of Being Maulana Azad

Khurshid Anwar : Maulana was a great scholar of Arabic,Persian and Urdu.He was bestowed upon phenomenal memory.He was perfect orator.At the same time he had mastered the art of exploiting religion for political purpose.He was a prominent leader of Congress not of Muslims.Future generations will ,I am sure ,will revisit the present day assessment of his line of action.

Maripat Abu Adil : Perhaps you want to say that the present generation has to reassess the Maulana.

Khurshid Anwar : True

Maripat Abu Adil : Khurshid Anwar I had read in Mukhtar Masood's Awaz-e-Dost about late Maulana Ataullah Shah Bukhari RA. The Maulana spoke, spoke and spoke. Went to jail. Came out and he again spoke and spoke. And he did that several times. Did he succeed in training the Muslim mindset about their worldly affairs? I do not know. What you are suggesting, what we have been talking about for some time, needs similar kind of mass movement and education of the Muslims. Perhaps Lovely failed because he was expecting results without training the Muslim masses about the current political reality and the need to take their own affairs seriously, to take their affairs in their own hands. Khurshid Bhai please understand that for some time now this idea has been coming to my mind that once again the lawyers should take the lead in making Muslims aware of their responsibility and to tell them that they have got a task to to.

Khurshid Anwar : Don't you feel that he deceived Muslims of sub continent for his own interest?

Shahab Aryan : He was a leader, whereas Gandhi and Nehru etc. were politicians. This difference did the damage to the Muslims we still don't know how to repair.

Maripat Abu Adil : Khurshid Anwar That might be true but so far I have not made up my mind on that. I know I must be cautious but so far by habit I begin by giving benefit of doubt. And many times I do turn out to be wrong to my own chagrin. I had many conversation on this matter with Professor Ariful Islam but I am still not convinced. My bad. I suppose we can go through the points here because I do not want to go on and on without deciding. at the moment it seems to me Maulana's mistake was what would in theology be termed as the Ijtihadi mistake.

Bachchan Ali Khan : There is at least one universally known fact about Maulana Azad: He willed that 30 pages of his autobiography (exposing the role of Gabdhi,Nehru,Patel in partition of the country rather than prtraying Jinnah as the sole villain) be published 30 years after his death. Why did he shied from publishing the whole truth in his( and his contemporaries were still alive) ?? Had he lied or it was out of sheer cowardice ??

Hisamuddin Khan : Bachchan Ali Khan This is how most of us think about his decision to uncurtail the 30 pages. However whatever he has written was never a hidden truth but did not come from him only.
Despite that we can't deny his wisdom and foresitedness about negating partition of the country.
Today most of us and even some people in Pakistan do realize that division of country was a wrong decision.

Khurshid Anwar : Why one should jump to division.Maulana himself has held Nehru responsible for partition but could not collect the courage to publish it and deferred its publication for 30years.Either coward or hypocrite

Hisamuddin Khan : Khurshid Anwar The Congress leadership in all except a handful, directly or indirectly pushed for partition.

Khurshid Anwar Maulana wrote that he was of the view that fears of muslims were genuine and suggested a scheme to allay those fears which was akin to cabinet mission plan as he claomed.There is ample evidence now available that he did not make his views public under the instructions of mahatma Gandhi.Thus, Maulana was serving the interest of congress not of nation.
+2 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#426 [Permalink] Posted on 21st November 2018 07:25
Asghar Wajahat's 'Jis Lahore Nai Dekhya... O Jamya Nai'

I few days ago I saw the hording for above drama just outside the university gate as I was heading for my morning class. Something clicked in my mind but I did not pay enough attention to it. The though passing fleeting my mind was - someone will not like it. That some one was very specific but mind did not make it explicit. Now it is all clear to me. That some one is the Saffron.

So now the thoughts in the background can be reconstructed. Mention anything about Pakistan and the Saffron will find an excuse to be at your throat. Asghar Wajahat is a leftist thinker, dramatist and activist. People like him swear for communal harmony, in their own way. It is unthinkable that they will work against the official India stand that Kashmir is an integral part of India. But the saffron did go into their routine gig about AMU being what not and the rest.

Why? Apparently drama people had a map in which Kashmir was not shown as a part of India. Te authorities did go into a quick action but the story was already made.

And hence continues the juggernaut that Muslims of India should keep repeating their pledge of patriotism and nationalism and should keep apologizing for the people in today's Pakistan opting for a separate country of their own plus for the fact that Muslims ruled India for nearly a millennium. They also should keep apologizing for becoming Muslims in their past history somewhere.

The Saffron took about ninety years to organize thirty one percent of the population against 14.2 percent, the Muslims.

And what are Muslims doing? Well there are people like Professor Asghar Wajahat Sahab and many others who are happy communisting.

Then there are Barelwis - very busy in taking our birth day processions for beloved Rasoolallah SAW and declaring Deobandis and Salafis as Kafir.

Then there are the Salafis busy correcting the Aqeedah of the Sufis.

Of course there are Deobandis too - busy telling us and who so ever listens that to revive Islam in the modern world you do not need technology and hence science and you do not need business, commerce, and industry and politics is for the birds and the uncle-nephew duo of Madanis are sufficient to take care of the political needs of not only the Indian Muslims but the rest of the world too.

Nothing to talk of the Shias - they are never caught on the losing side. Hence they have already made themselves cozy with Modi.

Of course Aligarh is there. Aligarh has been long back abducted by the regional groups and they are busy taking full control and have a complete hold on the university.

But I apologize for putting the things in a negative shade. The situation on the ground is as bleak as I have painted above but this does not mean that Muslims should stop trying to make a difference. Far from that. My whole effort is in the opposite direction.

Of course above assessment by me is again not a complete negation of Deoband. I hold that Deoband is the closest to truth interpretation of Islam even if we do not take an aggressive posture against the Barelwis and reply in kind and we are not as academically aggressive against the Jama-at-e-Islami, Ahle-eHadith and other Salafis as they are. My personal weight is on the side of Deoband but Deoband has to pull up its act together in these critical times.
+2 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#427 [Permalink] Posted on 24th November 2018 07:33
Conundrum for Muslims of India

Advocate RK Dhawan talks about latest build up of Saffron in Ayodhya.

So the Saffron is gearing up for latest episode of their antics in the Babri Masjid demolition saga.

The only thing that one can say on positive side about Muslims in this game is that they are in the focus still and that is not a very soothing feeling.

So the question arises what can Muslims of India do in face of the fact that now even their security is most seriously compromised? The situation of Muslims in the Indian society is miserable by any standards has gone from bad to worse in independent India.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#428 [Permalink] Posted on 30th November 2018 12:59
(1) SDM Anjum Khan married Pankaj Singh.

(2) A Facebook friend wants support for a girl who was censored by Iran for posting sensuous dance videos on You Tube.

(3) Another Facebook friends wants me to believe that Turkey is doing something terrible somewhere.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#429 [Permalink] Posted on 30th November 2018 13:32
Muslims of India are in worst position today than in 1857 or 1947

A.G Noorani

Written by Sabrangindia | Published on: November 29, 2018

Leading constitutional expert and prominent author A.G Noorani was delivering the 12th Dr. Asghar Ali Engineer Memorial Lecture titled, “Muslims of India: Past and Present” at the Constitutional Club in Delhi on Nov 23.

AG Noorani

New Delhi: “Muslims of India are in worst position today than in 1857 or 1947”, lamented A.G Noorani, leading constitutional expert and prominent author. A.G Noorani was delivering the 12th Dr. Asghar Ali Engineer Memorial Lecture titled, “Muslims of India: Past and Present” at the Constitutional Club in Delhi on November 23, organized by Centre for Study of Society and Secularism (CSSS). The Lecture was chaired by Hamid Ansari, former Vice- President of India.

A.G Noorani in his Lecture primarily mapped the concerns facing the Muslims of India today. He broadly placed the problems plaguing the Muslims in the framework of discrimination and their isolation in public discourse marked dominantly by the binary of minority-majority which leads to their alienation and stigmatization. He said one of the biggest challenges facing the Muslims is that of discrimination at multiple levels. He pointed out that the representation of Muslims in the Parliament is low reflecting their overall lack of representation in decision making positions, political power and other areas like livelihoods, housing etc. He went on to say that the trend of suspecting the loyalty of Muslims in the country is pernicious. The loyalty of Muslims is unfairly linked to volatile Indo-Pakistan relations or the Kashmir issue thus portraying the Muslims in a poor light.

Although he stressed on proportionate share in power is instrumental for improving the overall situation of Muslims, he rued that the Muslim leadership today is ineffective. He cautioned that separate parties for Muslims are not the panacea for better representation of their sensibilities and interests. Instead, Muslims should make their voice heard and place their concerns on common platforms. A.G Noorani in his Lecture discussed broad suggestions that will improve the status of Muslims in India.

Firstly, he believed that there should be an establishment of organizations dedicated to the advancement of minorities.

However, such organizations should not be limited to minorities alone but should have Hindus in it too. The Muslims, he believes, should find support from Hindus for protecting secular values in the country. Secondly, he suggested that there should be meticulous documentation of violence and discrimination. Based on such documentation, agitations may be organized which will bring social cohesion and not exploit the existing fault lines.

Thirdly, the marginalized have to negotiate for their space, issues and interests in political parties. They will have to bargain with political parties.

Fourthly, he emphasized that Muslims can’t isolate themselves from the national issues. They will have to lend their voice and take an active interest in the broader socio-political landscape of India.

“I am afraid, these so-called secular parties....now you have the temple entry programme of Congress party chief Rahul Gandhi earlier by Mrs Gandhi who also did that. And Rajiv Gandhi also started his election campaign by going to a temple. So you have to accept this reality. And then think what should be our strategy,” Noorani said.

Hamid Ansari in his concluding remarks stressed on how education is the key for the rights and advancement of Muslims. He pointed out that education of Muslims has been so far ignored and that has proved detrimental in today’s social order. The audience asked perceptive questions to the speaker which shed light on some of the pressing issues faced by Muslims in India and also have severe implications on the secular democracy in India.

The Lecture was attended by over 200 people comprising of parliamentarians, former bureaucrats, scholars, professors, students, Bohras from progressive movement, human rights activists and eminent citizens.

Lectures in the past were delivered by thinkers and authors including Romila Thapar, Irfan Habib, Christophe Jaffrelot and Sukhdeo Thorat.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#430 [Permalink] Posted on 1st December 2018 08:58
Wow! Indians watching Hazrat Tariq Jamil Sahab DB!
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#431 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd December 2018 08:17
Curse on a Saffron Bigot

The Ajmer blast accused changed identity 15 times in last 11 years. And finally the crook was caught. A few still remain at large.

Source : Times, TOI

+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#432 [Permalink] Posted on 5th December 2018 09:02
Prakash Jha

Prakash Jha is an Indian film maker from the state of Bihar.

He began his career as a film maker with social concerns. By now he is a film maker who is in the main stream entertainment.

But old contours of his thinking have not left him.

He remains an idealist.

Sadly an idealist is usually cut-off from ground reality.

In case of Prakash Jha I can pin point the lacuna a bit accurately.

Prakash Jha thinks that in the corruption field society, that is India today, some where up in the hierarchy of power there will be an honest person who will come at some critical point of development and set the things right and put cart before the horse.

Is that a correct assessment of actual society? Hardly. The people who rise in the power structure have reached there by very immoral compromises and have absolutely no loyalty to right, pious, good, decent, lawful and humane.

Let us take the example of the worldly situation of Muslims of India. Every body knew even before the setting up of the Sachar Commission that the state of Muslims financially is in doldrums. The report did confirm the same. Did that set the things right? No. Today even the people who are sympathetic to Muslims and concur with Dr Manmohan Singh who set up the Sachar Commission think that it was a bad gamble on his part as well as on part of the Congress.

In such a situation can we expect that Congress will do even a small thing to do justice to Muslims on the economic front?

Or even the security front?

Prakash Jha type of idealism bites the dust at the first opportunity in real life.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#433 [Permalink] Posted on 5th December 2018 15:56
Mere ashk bhi hain isme, ye sharab ubal na jaye
Mera jaam chhoone wale tera hath jal na jaye....

Today is 5th of December, the eve of the destruction anniversary of destruction of Babri Masjid.
+3 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#434 [Permalink] Posted on 6th December 2018 06:47
More Indians listening to Maulana Tariq Jamil Sahab DB.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#435 [Permalink] Posted on 6th December 2018 07:42
Indians listening once again to Maulana Tariq Jamil Sahab DB.
No post ratings

Jump to page: