You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
dr76, Jinn, abu mohammed, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Taalibah, sipraomer, Naqshband66
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#391 [Permalink] Posted on 4th October 2018 08:40
I can be wrong and you may differ me but I believe that when it's going to happen anyway whether sooner or later then one must tell the truth as loud and as clear as possible with full force as long as one can. Otherwise one must migrate to the jungle. I think I am polluting your thread unnecessarily. Therefore, on this topic at least I should be silent.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#392 [Permalink] Posted on 4th October 2018 08:41
No, I am not saying that.

In fact I am also not saying that your approach is wrong.

All I am saying is that my approach is academic one. I am using the academic route.

No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#393 [Permalink] Posted on 4th October 2018 08:48
I was the most silent child in my class. Very quiet. Very serious. Always thinking something. Fast forward to 24 years almost and I have changed a lot. By nature I am an isolationist. Only one thing forces me to speak and write. I fear Allah that on the day of judgement, He may question me that why did you remain silent when you knew the truth.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#394 [Permalink] Posted on 4th October 2018 10:58
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Hazrat Abdullah bin Umar remained silent during the tyranny of Hajjaj bin Yusuf.
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#395 [Permalink] Posted on 4th October 2018 14:17
afzalyunus wrote:
View original post

But Syyedinna Hussain RA didn't remain silent at the tyranny of yazeed.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#396 [Permalink] Posted on 4th October 2018 14:45

(salam)

A ray of hope..?

India’s young Muslims are taking the IAS, IPS route to get a share of power

New Delhi: A few months ago, 24-year-old Tayyab Pathan moved to Delhi from Marathwada in Maharashtra to prepare for the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) exam. A bright mechanical engineer, Pathan got a cushy college placement, but refused it so he could join the country’s coveted civil services.

Despite being almost 15 per cent of India’s population, Muslims have been severely underrepresented in the civil services — last year, only about 5 per cent of successful UPSC candidates were Muslim, and even this was an improvement from previous years.

“Muslims are underrepresented in every field in India… Be it MBBS, engineering, politics, law — the number of Muslims in any field does not match the Muslim population. UPSC is no exception,” Pathan said.

continue reading..
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#397 [Permalink] Posted on 4th October 2018 15:14
And both (Hazrat ibn Umar and Hazrat Hussain radiallahu anhuma) are role models for us, differing only in Azeemat.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#398 [Permalink] Posted on 5th October 2018 06:30
This World is a Test

It was a difficult day yesterday.

I perhaps can shut up the influx of unpleasant news to have peace of mind - ignorance is bliss. I think mostly Muslims of India are doing that at this moment. Except for those who are getting the worse of it.

So what are the unpleasant things that affected me yesterday? Well it is all routine but when routine becomes unpleasant it tells something about life - of course, as chosen by our Lord Most Kind.

Here are the main events.

(1) In the morning class the attendance was thin. I am teaching a very sophisticated, demanding and tough yet very glorious course. This should be, among other things, sufficient for motivation in spite of the complexity of the subject. But no, the students, mostly Muslims, adopt the lackadaisical attitude. Very disinterested. It plays havoc with my own enthusiasm and it betrays their own lack of aspiration. How can you be optimistic about the condition of a community whose youth act in this way.

That was the grudge number one.

(2) Then there was this little outing with a colleague from another department of the university. Muslims of the world and India in particular are in dire straits. During these outings we take tea but my main interest is to discuss the situation of the Ummah so as to get the ideas clarified but my friend, nice Braelwi Chemical Engineer academician, seldom entertains my fancies. Why? Firstly his motivation, apart from discussion about Ummah, also includes to get away for a moment from personal problems. I can not grudge that.

For me this creates frustration - ideas can not be clarified unless you discuss them with people.

In my campus, you would think that this place will be bubbling with discussions on the problems of Ummah, you hardly find people to talk on these issues. If you find one then he knows it all. Of course he will be much more diligent about his regional groupism and on issues of grabbing power in university politics.

(3) In this outing we met a young political activist PhD scholar scholar who has associated himself with MIM of Asaduddin Owaisi. For his age he is too clear about the issues and completely uncluttered about the confusion created by the so called secular ideology. His comments always end up telling me a few new things. Sadly in the current political environment in India these are mostly unpleasant.

(4) Then I had already committed the mistake of buying a book called Muslims of India Against Partition of India by Shamsul Islam published by Pharos Media in New Delhi.

This is an issue in which I have been interested for long and this is the first book on this topic.

This issue is very crucial for us, particularly for AMU. The reason is that this class of Muslims of India is the one that can be cited to the majority community today in India to represent the real Indian Muslims.

Did this book help in that goal? Not at all. The main protagonist used by Mr Islam is Allah Bux (Soomroo). But the devil is in the details.

The detailed treatment of the topic lead to a very different impression on me. It gave the impression that those who went for the partition and hence creation of Pakistan were some sort of perverts and that they did not make sincere efforts to solve the problems of the Muslims in would be independent India.

At the moment I can not give more precise description of the whole feeling of uneasiness on this issue but the book certainly left me in an uneasy state of mind.

(5) Finally I topped my day by a post Isha visit to the current President of the Parcham Party of India Professor Syed Ali Amir Sahab.

He has taken over as the head of the party after the sad demise of the founder President Engineer Ahmed Saleem Peerzada.

Mr Peerzada was a Barelwi and Professor Amir is a Shia. This was the part of the design of the party to explicitly shun the sectarian division.

Professor Amir himself has played his long innings in the party and had expressed his desire to hand over the baton to the next generation.

So it was in the context of passing over the legacy of Parcham Party and late Mr Peerzada that I wanted to with him. We had a longish chat and as expected the focus was on current situation of Muslims in India. The picture he painted was all known to me but the sheer gloom of the conditions did not leave me unaffected.

Among the unpleasant things was this bit about there being no one to accept and take the legacy of Parcham Party forward.

So brothers and sisters that is how I ruin my days, these days.
+1 -0
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#399 [Permalink] Posted on 5th October 2018 07:10
May Allah help us all. It is important to worry and ponder about the Ummah but it is also necessary to re energize with dhikr, salah, durood and quran. To tackle the gloomy situation one must be energetic. Otherwise, one is in the danger of burning out.
+1 -0Like x 1Ameen x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#400 [Permalink] Posted on 5th October 2018 07:38

sipraomer wrote:
View original post
True.

I am sorry for a less than positive post. While writing it I was aware of the not so optimistic mood but I missed the part that I can and I should do something about it.

I should not spread desperation. So again I am sorry.

Actually I just wanted to convey the impression about the burden that I normally carry. Life is a test and a test is not a pleasant thing.

Yet we constantly need a good cheer. This is what I am supposed to do.

I shall, Lord Most high willing, be careful in future.

No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#401 [Permalink] Posted on 5th October 2018 14:08
Maripat wrote:
View original post

No no! I was not complaining to you Professor Sahab. I was just sharing my thought that take care of yourself. Do try your best but then leave the results to Allah.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#402 [Permalink] Posted on 11th October 2018 08:07
Sexual Harassment Charges Against Veteran Journalist MJ Akbar

Here are some of my Facebook posts on the issue.

Decline and Fall of the Mighty MJ Akbar

For me MJ Akbar fell from grace when he joined BJP. After that action I did not need any argument, any other evidence or any persuasion about his worth.

After that I do not wish for any further disgrace of a person. You do not waste your energies on fallen people.

Now we have this series of revelation about he wearing his reputation as a big time journalist lightly, too lightly and indulging in sexual predatory behaviour.

Priya Ramani, Prerna Singh Bindra, Shutapa Paul, Sujata Anandan, Shuma Raha, Ghazala Wahab.

Of course the obvious worry on the collective social thought will be about the misuse of this trend.

I have another additional worry related to Muslims in this context but I'll talk about it in another post.

Ghazala Wahab

"This was turning into an unending nightmare which affected every aspect of my life. I lost my appetite. I lost my sleep. I lost my desire to hang out with my friends.

"Will he harm me? I considered going to the police, but got scared. What if he gets vengeful? I considered telling my parents, but I knew that would be the end of my barely-begun career.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#403 [Permalink] Posted on 11th October 2018 08:57
Quote:
Sexual Harassment Charges Against Veteran Journalist MJ Akbar

Here are some of my Facebook posts on the issue.

Decline and Fall of the Mighty MJ Akbar

For me MJ Akbar fell from grace when he joined BJP. After that action I did not need any argument, any other evidence or any persuasion about his worth.

After that I do not wish for any further disgrace of a person. You do not waste your energies on fallen people.

Now we have this series of revelation about he wearing his reputation as a big time journalist lightly, too lightly and indulging in sexual predatory behaviour.

Priya Ramani, Prerna Singh Bindra, Shutapa Paul, Sujata Anandan, Shuma Raha, Ghazala Wahab.

Of course the obvious worry on the collective social thought will be about the misuse of this trend.

I have another additional worry related to Muslims in this context but I'll talk about it in another post.

Ghazala Wahab

"This was turning into an unending nightmare which affected every aspect of my life. I lost my appetite. I lost my sleep. I lost my desire to hang out with my friends.

"Will he harm me? I considered going to the police, but got scared. What if he gets vengeful? I considered telling my parents, but I knew that would be the end of my barely-begun career.

I offer my most sincere sympathies to Ghazala Wahab for she went through.

May Allah SWT end her nightmare now.

I wish her complete recovery from the trauma of this harrowing period of her life.

After that I too have some complains about her.

People like her have been giving us a false hope of what life is supposed to be, how it is supposed to be lived, what are are its hopes, what are its aspirations, what should we do and what should we expect.

Now, after these revelations, it turns out that she and Muslim women like her have been lying all the time. All was not rosy, all was not cozy and all was not hunky-dory.

This liberal democratic Utopia that they have been pedaling has not been. It has been a chimera. This was a gross misinformation, diversion, disorientation, fabrication, concoction and a ploy on us Muslims.

Who will compensate for it?
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#404 [Permalink] Posted on 11th October 2018 12:58
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#405 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2018 03:29
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Sir, please forgive my lack of adab, but what about the hadeeth where we are not supposed to rejoice when a calamity befalls our enemy? The natural reaction we have at such news seems to go against what is expected of us in the hadeeth. Or perhaps I have not understood the meaning of the hadeeth correctly. I'd be grateful if you would enlighten me.
No post ratings

Jump to page: