Create an account
Most Reputable Members

India Diary

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Topic Appreciation
Appreciate
The following members appreciate this topic: dr76, Jinn, abu mohammed, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Taalibah
Maripat
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#226 [Permalink] Posted on 5th February 2018 07:39
Pakistan Murdabad

The Students Union at at AMU presented a memorandum to the collector of Aligarh on Kasganj episode. The curious thing about their procession, apart from the massive security forces presence, was that the students raised Pakistan Murdabad slogans.

What is it mean? The Aligarh collectorate is just adjacent to the AMU campus. If you ca not even cross the road without wearing an anti-Pakistan tag then you better not cross that road. Stay home, it is safer.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Site Support
Please DONATE generously towards Muftisays

We spend hundreds of hours ensuring you receive a quality service from this site. We do not fall into the advertisement schemes as all the ads contain elements of Haraam including Haraam Islamic links. Please consider setting up a £1 monthly donation. May Allah (swt) reward you.

Arfatzafar
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#227 [Permalink] Posted on 5th February 2018 12:28
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Time is changing....

No post ratings
Arfatzafar
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#228 [Permalink] Posted on 5th February 2018 17:12
New Delhi: A recent article ( “12 reasons why Lok Sabha elections could happen in the next 100 days”)
by Rajesh Jain–the architect of the Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) Mission-272 electoral campaign in 2014–has captured the imagination of political pundits, analysts and leaders.

Reasons why General Elections could be preponed

Jain lists six reasons–and six inferences from recent events–for the 2019 Lok Sabha elections to be advanced and held as early as in May 2018.

Declining trend in the BJP’s electoral performance since 2014:

The first and foremost argument is a declining trend in the BJP’s electoral performance since 2014 and hence an early election is the BJP’s best bet to arrest its loss. While Rajesh Jain’s arguments are intuitive and observational, what do the data tell us about a seemingly declining trend for the BJP?

There have been 15 state elections held over four years since the 2014 general election. One can impute BJP’s potential performance based on what economists call revealed preferences of voters in these state elections. This is very different from electoral surveys where voters are expected to answer questions to a pollster, which is fraught with various flaws, intentional or otherwise.
While the usual caveats of how state elections differ from parliament elections etc. apply, a revealed preference analysis of voter choices in state elections is a reasonable method to gauge the trend of BJP’s popularity with voters, after its 2014 victory.

In the 2014 general elections,..........
www.siasat.com/news/lok-sabha-election-2018-simultaneous-...
Like x 1
Maripat
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#229 [Permalink] Posted on 6th February 2018 07:33
A FaceBook thread

( I shall try to sort this out later. Can not reply on the FB without getting a grip over the background.)

Muslims really need to come out of their Islamophobiaphobia! Most otherwise seemingly secular folks will suddenly pull out their scimitars at the mention of criminality among ayatollahs. Suddenly all of Islam is under threat of destruction. The brain shuts down. No one will read links to information. Clues that show respectability of information sources, like back links, will be rejected. In effect, every evidence that shows anything negative about Islam, will be rejected out... See More

171 Parijat Misra, Jahanzeb Mashhadi and 169 others

Zohra Javed : We are all enclosed in our squares ... Kisi ke liye Modi kisi ke liye Khomeini kisi aur ke liye Zakir Naik ... And many many more ... So then stay enclosed ... And quiet too ... Don't shout against Modi and co if you cannot hear against The Khomeinis and The Saddams of the world !!!
Rulers are Rulers and they are all the same ... If a religious leader can influence political atmosphere in a country he is no religious leader

Pearly Gill : Zohra Javed....you shine like star on this thread💕

Zohra Javed : Bahot shukriya Pearly Gill ji and Shamim Kunju ji

I am grateful to my mentors ... Virtual though ... Dr Asghar Ali Engineer , Dev Saheb , Dr Badri Raina , Sahir Ludhianvi , The Dalai Lama ... Their writings have showed me the way forward

Makhan Singh : have u ever read the Quran, cover to cover? ya bas awein?

Rajiv Tyagi : Cover bhi koi padhne ki cheez hai kya? Phir bhi padhi. :)

Makhan Singh : sirf cover hi padh k chhor diya. it reflects in ur posts. 😊

Rajiv Tyagi : Cover ke baad baaki jahalat bhi ho sakta hai na? :)

Makhan Singh : wo to padhne k baad hi pata chalega. how can u decide without even reading?

i thot u r a rational person, but u hav disappointed me.

Rajiv Tyagi : No rational person engaged with religion... :)

Mohamed Ameenullah : Knowing or learning is not engaging.
deliberately wants to wipe out religions having no clue of what actually it is,this is no lesser than prejudiced religious people.
Disappointing to see the people whom i've believed to be secular turning into sanghis.

Makhan Singh : rational persons do not believe on hearsay. they put in some effort to find out the truth themselves.

wid each reply u r proving to be an ignorant sheep, simply following the herd, not a rational person. sorry to say tht.

Makhan Singh : u can read Quran to point out its mistakes n errors but u wont do it. coz u r afraid tht ur preconceived ideas abt Islam n Quran might get shattered.

Arshad Abdul Qaiyoom : Rajiv Tyagi. As told by many out here, please do read the Quran! Whatever Makhan Singh has said is absolutely right! Even I feel the same about you. You are defining "religion" by your own notions that you are witnessing by just seeing/observing your surroundings. While that may be the case with many religions that certainly is not the case with Islam. Whatever your post against Islam I can outrightly see the points that you are missing and the ignorance that you are having thats leading you into misunderstanding. I can see this because I'm a student of the religion. I don't like to follow anything blindly! Only when you read the Quran and Prophet Muhammad's biography you'll know what I'm talking abt is the truth. Better late than never bhaii! May God guide you. You are certainly not at a loss by trying out something. But in case what you didn't try out turns out to the truth, then no one can help you. So, its more logical to try out something than leaving it untouched.

Preet K S Bedi : Et tu, Brutus? What compelled u to see logic?

Rajiv Tyagi : I don't need to strive and strain to do that, Preet... :)

Yusuf Siddiqui : And you got the opportunity;Et tu ,Mr bedi?

Preet K S Bedi : Der aaye durust aaye. Islamophobia is an interesting catch-all condition. Let's see how long the infection lasts.

Preet K S Bedi : I don't need to make an effort. The world's fastest growing community (sic!) revels in victimhood 24x7. Gives me enough and more opportunities to tear into its humbug.

Umer Khan : U reminds me the late Indira Gandhi ji .Preet K S Bedi

Preet K S Bedi : That is bad news for me. Luckily I care a rats unwashed posterior about your certification so it's OK.

Tarique Khan : As if others care about your 'esteemed' rant.

Yusuf Siddiqui : Preet K S Bedi If i may,your criticism to only one form of extremist looks fake when one wears religious extremism on his head to cheek to toe. Try Gillette 3 shaver,it works wonder,try different hairstyle,it's normal. Wish,you ain't in a rat race to wipe out other extremism to protect yours..get over wounded psyche of dhimmitude...it ain't real.

Yusuf Siddiqui : Sudarshan Udyavar I pity your miniscule intellect,ofcourse,wearing religious symbols including scull cap,tilak,choti,turban etc are meant to flaunt your faith and not fashion. Unless,it doesn't harm me or question others,it's fair but to question other one has to remove his. Simple.

Preet K S Bedi : Hahaha jaane do. When irrespective of gender u r castrated at a young age u can only think of Gillette blades! Btw Mohammed whose preaching Muslims garbaged literally the day he died, wore a headdress much like the turban. So did Abu Bakr Umar Othman and Ali. But it's OK they were Muslims. Unlike today's castrated cattle which carries Islamic names but garbages it's own.

Yusuf Siddiqui : A bit correction,not castrated but circumcised and that's custom not religion. I understand People who dwelled in Sand ,weared turban to protect themselves from Sun heat but i fail to see your reason/s ,sitting in AC rooms,driving in cool cars?

Preet K S Bedi : No no castrated. That's why the world's fastest growing community lacks the balls to even talk reform. And the three people who do all have fatwas against their name while thousands are raped and killed in the name of Allah and castrates remain silent. Castrated community. Both C's in caps.

Yusuf Siddiqui : Preet K S Bedi If my advice matters,i have suggestion,try Circumcision,you still have life..bet you won't repent.
I am all open for reforms but your start is quite poor..too rhetoric and i see your turban justification purely whataboutery. Any rational,i would hear,else we often hit each other.

Preet K S Bedi : Yes but the mullahs cut your balls. Pity u never even figured!

Yusuf Siddiqui : Ha Ha! I wonder ,why your intellectual arguments end with BALLS? It's cold storage for semens without which one can't breed . Hope,we aren't in a fight 'my balls are stronger than yours' you sounding funny!
Preet K S Bedi : Knowing the biology does not mean u have the balls.

Preet K S Bedi : As for breeding which is possibility only achievement the community has, if I were u I would check with the women.

Yusuf Siddiqui : My ball-logy instinct suggests,it's time to bid adieu,you have no further rational arguments left.
Wish to see you clean shaven and parted hair or jelled one..when we hit next time. 😊

Preet K S Bedi : May be the burqa and other instruments of misogyny including FGM r not as effective as u think

Yusuf Siddiqui : We can touch other subjects ,may be on some other day. You being too impatient,need solution in a single pckage...Ciao ! Ciao!

Preet K S Bedi : Really? The mass murderer Khomeini returned in 1979. 9×11 happened in 2001. Thousands have been kidnapped raped and killed since then both in internecine wars between shias and Sunnis since then. And continue to be killed. What had begun with Muslim Brotherhood has spawned into mujahidin, hizbul, al qaeda, boko, al shabaab, LeT, ISIS, Hamas, Hezbollah and dozens of others, each of which have killed and continue to kill by the day. And the world is expected to wait while the ghantadhari moderate Muslim acquires some balls and demand reform? Lolol. That it doesn't embarrass u is a miracle by itself. But so is the community of castrates.

Preeti Khaneja Kalra : Preet K S Bedi sharp & on fleek!

Danish Haroon : Rajiv tyagi, please teach your own community first that there is shambhu lal, karni sena, rss, bajrang dal,hindu yuva vahini, shiv sena, what the hell is this. You really don't know about islam, you just a google fact man run by zoinist ass holes. Nxt tym read quran in our mother tongue "hindi". Of you don't have inbox me, i will send you.

Omer Ghazi : Kaise kaise chutiya log hain...

Danish Haroon : Omer Ghazi, please indinetify chutiya is it me or admin. Lol

Faisal Saeed : He is just another sanghi in garb of atheist

Sumeet Dutt Rishi : Funny! How quickly he became a sanghi and yet I never see a squeak when he tirades against sanghi’s!! I guess this liberal islamophobia is a real thing.

Adam A Khan : He’s a sanghi atheist lol 😂

Faisal Saeed : Funny how hidden sanghis when exposed react....

Iqbal Ahmad : the Qur'an talks about compassion, kindness and mercy, but most of the Muslims just talk about jihad, there's nothing better and advisable than mercy and compassion, but thanks to the mulla when we talk about Muslim there is always jihad somewhere in our mind

Satyajit Dash : Proud of you

Mohinder Bir Pal Singh : Such people are better known as manipulators! They are omnipresent in all religions! It's the blind faith in sermons that drive the followers haywire! Very well described Iqbal Ahmad sir!

Iqbal Ahmad : i assure you it's the mostly uneducated between who the hardline clergy have some influence, because the poor and uneducated can not research and find out what should be ideally followed, it's the same in neighboring nations of Pakistan and Bangladesh, where the middle and upper middle are largely secular and open minded, progressive

Arun P Mathew : Yes. A mdieval belief system will have aspects which are incompatible to modern life. If anyone says they cannot be criticised, that may not be agreeable to the rest. And yes,i have read the Quran and Hadiths to know this!

Yusuf Siddiqui : Ha Ha! Seen you being stung by Iran fans,same bunch of crusaders who often claim Iran as a peaceful and Sacred Nation It was quite humourous to see them defending Khomeni's extremism who killed lakhs of gullible followers.

Abhishek Singh: Muslim bros, many of need to adopt a rational and secular outlook. u need to understand there is nothing absolute and everything keeps on changing with time except for truth, justice etc

Zohra Javed : Love the concluding sentence ... So true really ... :-D

Nadir Aslam : Rajiv Tyagi I remember reading this a few or many years back.But don't really know whose thinking it was or whose order it was.Whether it actually happened or it was only a rumor.My God is not going to send someone to heaven only because she was a virgin :) A virgin can go to hell for wrongs committed while even a non virgin can go to heaven if she was good.

Ashok Soni : Every Religion is a Political Party!

Sandeep Das : I'm much younger to you, Tyagi Sir, currently
we should not deviate from the Dushman.. Your point is right.. but I think we could debate it later..

Shariq MB : Right, Sandeep. And the Dushman is Communalism, prejudice, and hatred, which groups and certain individuals practice. Sadly, even well-meaning folks can fall into that trap and fan prejudice inadvertently because they failed to be judicious and believe everything as the Gospel of Truth. ;) 😂

Nishith Gupta : Dushman....hahaha...what a idiotic comment

Mobin Khaja : Agree

Shafi Patel : A belief system is different from many of its adherents,marketeers and exploiters. Atheism and agnosticism are no different in this respect.

Rajiv Joshi : If one is not sure about truth in their faith, then they are angry.If the faith petmits one to reason and discard what can not be justified and evolve then one is not scared of opposite views.

Manvendra Bhangui: Just mugging your favourite 'Fairy Tale' by heart doesn't make one a scholar. None of these Ayatollahs were scholars and especially someone who orders assassination of a real scholar like Salman Rushdie.

Ashok R. Mundhada : Or actually murders Gauri Lankesh for that matter.

Kalyani Iyengar : You are no chicken definitely, forget a hen😜😜

Tushqa Manish Chawdhry : Bicharay religious people.. They are nothing but bahut buri tarah daray hue log. Arre bhai yeh he narak hae, marnay kae baad he narak sae chutkara milay ga 🤣

Shahid Anwar : Scratch a non believer and he will show his communal fangs.

Abhishek Tyagi : So long as people see you as a 'born' Hindu commenting on the Right wing Sanghis and Hinduism in general, you are a balanced secular, liberal person. The moment you comment on any other religion, people demand that you read their scriptures better to p...See More

Sankara Pillai : What a bhaktha you are!

Md Zishan Ahmed Kaif : Don't know why people are ashamed... Of things they do... The Quran talks about compassion, mercy kindness, humanity, but at the same time it ask to take action against unlawful activities... No need to come with interpretation that suits ur kind

Sachin Parashar : Dissolve all Religions and keep the Constitution OR keep One Religion and dissolve the Constitution. They can never go parallel.

Makhan Singh : Rajiv Tyagi ji it's time for u to take a sabbatical from FB. u seem to b fatigued. tht's why making absurd arguments.
To critique an omlette one definitely doesnt need to become a hen but only needs to eat the omlette. else, he/she doesn't hav any right to critique it.

Ashik Parvez Ahmed : Don’t judge a book by its cover. An intelligent person should read the Quran without any bias or prejudice.

Rafiq Lasne : Rajiv Tyagi sir... superbly said. (Y)

Khushnood Nizami : Is it a crime to be religious

Syed Aasim : देखना है, बहुत लंबा पोस्ट है

Mohd Arslan : I wonder why you have big constitutional book?? Instruction manuals?? And i am sure most of you don’t even read terms and conditions of most things and yet they are there. GET A LIFE!! And update your android!!😂😂

Preeti Khaneja Kalra : Kudos to you for saying that Rajiv tyagi! hope u understand how needful it is for our society that liberals like u with such an expansive following, come forth & raise such points!,,Not surprised by the resistance of your Muslim friends who are taking it in a sour note though!

Pearly Gill: .......so funny ....every time you put up a post on Islam....all your wonderful,cheery followers/friends go for your jugular.
The double standards of these people is mind blowing.

Versailles Thomas : True! call out the assholes who are fucking it up instead of just isolating yourself from it and saying that's not us..The perpetrator is doing it with his clarity of the faith that he's following...

Faisal Saeed : He is just another sanghi in garb of an atheist

Sachin S : And CIA and zionists are behind this , right ? 😂😂
No post ratings
Arfatzafar
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#230 [Permalink] Posted on 7th February 2018 20:33
No post ratings
Maripat
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#231 [Permalink] Posted on 8th February 2018 07:21
Shekhar Gupta Team Counts How Many Times the PM Abused Congress in Parliament

Here’s a list of all the times Modi referred to the Congress in his speech and the context in which he did so:

12.17- You injected poison

“It’s in your character. When India was conceived, you divided it for your own gains. You injected poison and even after 70 years, the Indian still suffers today.”

12.20: You were not serving the nation

“You were not serving the nation, but only your family.”

12.24: Some people are like a cassette tape

Some people in the opposition when they criticise us, they keep repeating “in our time” like a cassette tape.

12.25: You made fragments of Mother India

“We haven’t been able to progress with the speed we could have, and you made fragments of Mother India, yet the nation was with you. The radio only played your records and when the TV came, it was completely servile.”

12.26: Congress appointed top judges

“For a period, even the top positions in the judiciary were appointed by Congress party. It was decided through the party. This much luxury in the courts, at a time when there was no PIL or presence of NGOs.”

12.27: You spent the whole time singing odes to one family

“You spent the whole time singing odes to one family, disregarding the history of the nation. The days after Independence, there was enthusiasm in the nation. If you worked with some responsibility, this nation with its potential would have reached greater heights. But you kept dancing to your own tune. ”

12.28: Congress thinks India was born on 15 August 1947

“Congress party workers think that India was born on 15 August 1947. Like the nation didn’t exist before this.”

12.29: Congress and Nehru didn’t give us democracy

“They say that Nehru gave us democracy. You talk about democracy? The tradition of democracy has been carried on for generations. Congress and Nehru didn’t give us democracy.”

12.30: Don’t insult Jagatguru Basaveshwara

“Mallikarjun Kharge is here. You are from Karnataka. After worshipping one family, after Karnataka elections you might have energy left, but at least don’t insult Jagatguru Basaveshwara, during whose time in the 12th century all decisions in villages were taken in a democratic manner.”

12.33: Rajiv Gandhi insulting the Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister

“When Rajiv Gandhi arrived at the Hyderabad airport, a Chief Minister who was from a schedule caste came to receive him at the airport. He (Rajiv Gandhi) humiliated the Dalit CM T.N. Anjaiah.”

12.35: Why did the Congress dismiss so many state governments?

“What did you do with Akali Dal in Punjab? What did you do in Tamil Nadu? What did you do in Kerala? You did not let the democracy of the country thrive.”

12.36: Congress’s democracy gets trampled

“When the voice of conscience is raised, Congress’s democracy gets trampled.”

12.36: The betrayal of Neelam Sanjiva Reddy

“The Congress President insulted Shri Neelam Sanjiva Reddy and stabbed him in the back.”

12.37: Talking about democracy doesn’t suit you

“Recently, when Dr. Manmohan Singh was prime minister, the cabinet took a decision. An important ritual of democracy. A post holder from your own party called press and tore the paper with cabinet decision on it in front of the nation. Talking about democracy doesn’t suit you.”

12.38: Congress committees voted for Sardar Patel to be first PM

“When Congress held elections (internal elections before Independence) for leadership in the country, 12 out of 15 Congress committees chose Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, 3 chose NOTA. Yet the leadership wasn’t given to him (Patel), and Nehru was given the post. If Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel would have been the first prime minister of the country, all of Kashmir would have been ours.”

12.39: Our government has built more highways

“Our government more built national highways than the previous government.”

12.42: We have outdone the previous government

“The previous government may take credit for the work. But we have outdone them at every level. There is no comparison.”

12.46: Kharge takes pride in a Vajpayee govt project

He (Mallikarjun Kharge) takes pride in his work in railways in Karnataka. But the truth about the Bidar-Kalburgi rail line is that the project was approved by the Vajpayee government. The Congress never speaks about it.

12.52: Congress does not give credit to other parties

“No Congress minister has given credit to other parties but I have. It is in our character to do so.”

12.53: You think everything has been done because of you and your family

“When Gujarat was conceived, Congress was ruling. In these 50-year journey, we archived all the lectures of all governors. That’s democracy. You think everything that has been done is because of you and your family. It is the mentality you have that resulted in you sitting there.”

12.55: Manipulating employment numbers

I want to ask my friends in Congress who criticise employment numbers – when you give the unemployment numbers, you give it for the whole country, but when you give employment numbers, then you must give the numbers for the whole country as well.

13.01: You have your eyes shut

“You have your eyes shut and hence you can’t rise above. And your mentality will result in you staying there.”

13.02: Young leaders in 1980s failed to get even aviation policy in place

“During the 1980s the Congress government had young leaders who set aspirations for the 21st century, but failed to get so much as an aviation policy in place.”

13.05: You said Modi won’t let Aadhaar come

“You said Modi won’t let Aadhaar come. But when Modi brought it in a scientific manner that you couldn’t imagine, and now that it’s in place, you started contesting the implementation.”

13.09: Matter of shame 20 per cent of population still lives without power

“It is a matter of shame that around 20 per cent of our population still lives without electricity and we have inherited that from you.”

13.16: We had to import bamboo because of your mistake

“You couldn’t have imagined bigger things. You worked with a narrow mind. We had to import bamboo because of your mistake.”

13.29: Previous government responsible for NPA problem

“The previous government is 100 per cent responsible for the NPA (non-performing asset) problem, because of their banking policies.”

13.39: Talking to the Chinese during Doklam

“When our soldiers were sanding at Doklam, you were talking to the Chinese?”

13.40: We didn’t let nation suffer

“When Indira Gandhi signed the Shimla Agreement, or the pact with Benazir Bhutto, we were not in agreement. However, Atal Bihari Vajpayee did not go out and talk about it, instead, he took time from Indira Gandhi and talked to her. We didn’t let the nation suffer.”

Source : The Print Dot In
No post ratings
Arfatzafar
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#232 [Permalink] Posted on 8th February 2018 07:58
AIMIM leader Asaduddin Owaisi on Tuesday demanded that the government should bring a law to punish with three-year jail term any person who calls an Indian Muslim “a Pakistani”.

Owaisi, who was taking part in the debate in the Lok Sabha on the motion of thanks to the President’s Address, also said the triple talaq bill was “anti-women.”
“Bring a law that if any Muslim is called Pakistani, the person will be face three year jail term,” he said, but added that the BJP-led government will not bring such a bill.

Owaisi said Muslims living in India had rejected Mohammad Ali Jinnah’s two-nation theory.
www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/bring-law-to-punish-any...
No post ratings
Rajab
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#233 [Permalink] Posted on 8th February 2018 08:50
Congress is feeling resurgent after much improved performance in Gujarat and the bypoll victories in Rajasthan. bjp's campaign in Gujarat and modi's speech in the parliament yesterday shows that their feathers are being ruffled
No post ratings
Maripat
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#234 [Permalink] Posted on 8th February 2018 09:21
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Now I am taking up the late Abu Tamim style dissection of above post.

In the post quoted above veteran journalist Shekhar Gupta's team listed the references to Congress by the Indian PM in his budget session speech in Indian parliament.

I intend to present a dispassionate Muslim view.

Quote:
12.17- You injected poison

“It’s in your character. When India was conceived, you divided it for your own gains. You injected poison and even after 70 years, the Indian still suffers today.”

Congress did contribute to injecting the poison in India's social fabric - when they went for Soft Hindutva so as to counter the communal poison that RSS was injecting into India using their political wings like BJP, VHP and Bajrang Dal.

Congress, starting with Nehru himself, erred in not perceiving the real threat from RSS. Hence they also injected poison by sheer negligence and incompetence.

When the genii became too strong they were simply clueless about capturing it into the bottle. They are still clueless.

So yes the Congress is at a huge fault.

Unfortunately that is still the smaller line of evil. The bigger line still belongs to the BJP, the party to which the PM belongs.

Quote:
12.20: You were not serving the nation

“You were not serving the nation, but only your family.”

Indeed they were serving their own family too.

But to say that they were not serving the nation is a mega-lie.
The PM himself said that people accuse me of taking credit for Congress work. That is true. Contribution of his party to the nation is nearly zero and whatever they have done positive that more than cancels by the negatives they have injected into the Indian society.

From the point of view of the gain and loss analysis their party is harmful for the country.

Quote:
12.24: Some people are like a cassette tape

Some people in the opposition when they criticise us, they keep repeating “in our time” like a cassette tape.

So? Did they bring the calamity like demonetization on us? No they did not. What ever India is today is because of them. hence they did earn the right to harp upon their past.

From the point of view of Muslims the Congress simply indulged in tokenism and the BJP cursed us for that tokenism and called it appeasement of Muslims.

Whether his complain is right or wrong there is nothing in it for Muslims.

Quote:
12.25: You made fragments of Mother India

“We haven’t been able to progress with the speed we could have, and you made fragments of Mother India, yet the nation was with you. The radio only played your records and when the TV came, it was completely servile.”

Today the media is unashamedly for you. Earlier too it was completely clueless about giving Muslims their due in the country.

Congress had that notional equality that was flaunted grossly on the ground level and today BJP, as per their own wish as dictated by the RSS, is moving towards wiping out even that notional equality.

Quote:
12.26: Congress appointed top judges

“For a period, even the top positions in the judiciary were appointed by Congress party. It was decided through the party. This much luxury in the courts, at a time when there was no PIL or presence of NGOs.”

This assertion too lacks at the level of accuracy. He certainly is not aware of what Justice HR Khanna did about emergency. What the RSS inspired judges are doing to the society today is simply horrifying.

Quote:
12.27: You spent the whole time singing odes to one family

“You spent the whole time singing odes to one family, disregarding the history of the nation. The days after Independence, there was enthusiasm in the nation. If you worked with some responsibility, this nation with its potential would have reached greater heights. But you kept dancing to your own tune. ”

Suppose the Congress is the epitome of bad things. Who is the lesser evil for the country?

Quote:
12.28: Congress thinks India was born on 15 August 1947

“Congress party workers think that India was born on 15 August 1947. Like the nation didn’t exist before this.”

Then Nehru wrote the Discovery of India on August 16, 1947 and it was about August 15, 1947. Right?
Of course India can be defined only after expunging Muslim rule from its history. Let alone India even the word Hindu can not be defined without Muslims.

And who make India Virat as it exists today? The biggest unifications of India were during the Mauryans, Guptas, Akbar and Aurangzeb and the British. How many of them were Hindus?

Quote:
12.29: Congress and Nehru didn’t give us democracy

“They say that Nehru gave us democracy. You talk about democracy? The tradition of democracy has been carried on for generations. Congress and Nehru didn’t give us democracy.”

Lie.

Quote:
12.30: Don’t insult Jagatguru Basaveshwara

“Mallikarjun Kharge is here. You are from Karnataka. After worshipping one family, after Karnataka elections you might have energy left, but at least don’t insult Jagatguru Basaveshwara, during whose time in the 12th century all decisions in villages were taken in a democratic manner.”

There Muslims, Christians, Communists in India and then there are the fourth Varna and then there are the Dalits. None of them will subscribe to your definition of India. with these combined you will not be left with even the present 31 percent of the votes.

Just wait for the fourth Varna and the Dalits to realize their mistake.
Quote:

12.33: Rajiv Gandhi insulting the Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister

“When Rajiv Gandhi arrived at the Hyderabad airport, a Chief Minister who was from a schedule caste came to receive him at the airport. He (Rajiv Gandhi) humiliated the Dalit CM T.N. Anjaiah.”

The biggest mistake Rajiv Gandhi did was to make a mention of a tree falling and shaking the ground.
That was simply inapt of him. You can not accuse that family of being anti-Dalit by disposition.
This is argument by exception and hence not valid.

Quote:

12.35: Why did the Congress dismiss so many state governments?

“What did you do with Akali Dal in Punjab? What did you do in Tamil Nadu? What did you do in Kerala? You did not let the democracy of the country thrive.”

Indeed that question about the excessive power of central government was there.
How does it that a positive thing in your favour? Is your raison detre not majoritarianism?
12.36: Congress’s democracy gets trampled
Quote:

“When the voice of conscience is raised, Congress’s democracy gets trampled.”

On the account of conscience every political dispensation fares better than any RSS product.

Quote:
12.36: The betrayal of Neelam Sanjiva Reddy

“The Congress President insulted Shri Neelam Sanjiva Reddy and stabbed him in the back.”

Clutching at the straws.
Quote:

12.37: Talking about democracy doesn’t suit you

“Recently, when Dr. Manmohan Singh was prime minister, the cabinet took a decision. An important ritual of democracy. A post holder from your own party called press and tore the paper with cabinet decision on it in front of the nation. Talking about democracy doesn’t suit you.”

Even Indira Gandhi, the Durga of AB Vajpayee, live happily with democracy.
Quote:

12.38: Congress committees voted for Sardar Patel to be first PM

“When Congress held elections (internal elections before Independence) for leadership in the country, 12 out of 15 Congress committees chose Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, 3 chose NOTA. Yet the leadership wasn’t given to him (Patel), and Nehru was given the post. If Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel would have been the first prime minister of the country, all of Kashmir would have been ours.”

Even if sardar patel was better than Nehru he was from Congress. why do you not have good ideals like him?

Quote:
12.39: Our government has built more highways

“Our government more built national highways than the previous government.”

Even the bomb exploded by AB Vajpayee was a Congress creation. So is most of the development.

Quote:
12.42: We have outdone the previous government

“The previous government may take credit for the work. But we have outdone them at every level. There is no comparison.”

This is self serving assertion and the data is not supporting this.

Quote:
12.46: Kharge takes pride in a Vajpayee govt project

He (Mallikarjun Kharge) takes pride in his work in railways in Karnataka. But the truth about the Bidar-Kalburgi rail line is that the project was approved by the Vajpayee government. The Congress never speaks about it.

Kharge is critical of BJP on the communal front.
Let us take that also into account.

Quote:
12.52: Congress does not give credit to other parties

“No Congress minister has given credit to other parties but I have. It is in our character to do so.”

Because there is so little of that.

Quote:
12.53: You think everything has been done because of you and your family

“When Gujarat was conceived, Congress was ruling. In these 50-year journey, we archived all the lectures of all governors. That’s democracy. You think everything that has been done is because of you and your family. It is the mentality you have that resulted in you sitting there.”

Not all but most.

Quote:
12.55: Manipulating employment numbers

I want to ask my friends in Congress who criticise employment numbers – when you give the unemployment numbers, you give it for the whole country, but when you give employment numbers, then you must give the numbers for the whole country as well.

Lately it is your propaganda machinery that is doing all the manipulations.

Quote:
13.01: You have your eyes shut

“You have your eyes shut and hence you can’t rise above. And your mentality will result in you staying there.”

On the contrary you have nothing to present before us as an achievement except for the power accumulated by majoritarianism.

Quote:
13.02: Young leaders in 1980s failed to get even aviation policy in place

“During the 1980s the Congress government had young leaders who set aspirations for the 21st century, but failed to get so much as an aviation policy in place.”

Indeed most competent of them - they could not ensure to keep BJP out of power.

Quote:
13.05: You said Modi won’t let Aadhaar come

“You said Modi won’t let Aadhaar come. But when Modi brought it in a scientific manner that you couldn’t imagine, and now that it’s in place, you started contesting the implementation.”

Again the trouble is Aadhar intruding into our privacy.

Quote:
13.09: Matter of shame 20 per cent of population still lives without power

“It is a matter of shame that around 20 per cent of our population still lives without electricity and we have inherited that from you.”

And then you drained three and half years of our time.

Quote:
13.16: We had to import bamboo because of your mistake

“You couldn’t have imagined bigger things. You worked with a narrow mind. We had to import bamboo because of your mistake.”

That kind of thing can happen.

Quote:
13.29: Previous government responsible for NPA problem

“The previous government is 100 per cent responsible for the NPA (non-performing asset) problem, because of their banking policies.”

Dr Manmohan Singh saved India in most critical times.

Quote:
13.39: Talking to the Chinese during Doklam

“When our soldiers were sanding at Doklam, you were talking to the Chinese?”

Chinese are not that intelligent.

Quote:
13.40: We didn’t let nation suffer

“When Indira Gandhi signed the Shimla Agreement, or the pact with Benazir Bhutto, we were not in agreement. However, Atal Bihari Vajpayee did not go out and talk about it, instead, he took time from Indira Gandhi and talked to her. We didn’t let the nation suffer.”

Not with Benazir. She was just a an adolescent beauty at that time.
No post ratings
Arfatzafar
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#235 [Permalink] Posted on 8th February 2018 15:08
No post ratings
Arfatzafar
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#236 [Permalink] Posted on 12th February 2018 18:40
Allahabad, February 12

Killing of a Dalit student of Allahabad University led to violence by student groups in parts of the city on Monday.
Angered over the killing of Dilip Saroj, a second year law student, by four men at a restaurant, students went on a rampage in parts of the city, torched a bus and also laid siege to the house of District Magistrate Suhas L.Y, police said.

Saroj was brutally assaulted by four men at a restaurant in the city on Friday evening. He died of his wounds on Sunday.

A video of the killing has gone viral, leaving the police red-faced.
A waiter at the restaurant, Munna Singh Chauhan, has been arrested and two policemen have been suspended.

Angry varsity students aligned to the Samajwadi Yuvjan Sabha (SYS) and the All India Students Association (AISA) took out a protest march on Monday and raised anti-government and anti-police slogans.

Demanding immediate arrest of the culprits, the students also sought adequate compensation for the deceased student's family.
No one in the Uttar Pradesh government has reacted to the gruesome killing, which incensed the opposition parties.

Efforts to speak to Health Minister Siddhartha Nath Singh, a legislator from Allahabad and spokesman for the Uttar Pradesh government, went in vain as he did not take calls.

Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) chief Mayawati has slammed Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath for the killing of the Dalit student.
In a statement, she said the atmosphere in the country and the state had become "vicious and violent" due to the politics pursued by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
www.tribuneindia.com/mobi/news/nation/violence-in-allahab...
No post ratings
Arfatzafar
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#237 [Permalink] Posted on 12th February 2018 19:11
New Delhi:

Rahul Gandhi said RSS chief's speech is "an insult to every Indian"

Mr Bhagwat said RSS workers can be trained in 3 days to defend borders

Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan said the comments were in "poor taste"
Congress president Rahul Gandhi and other opposition leaders have accused Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh chief Mohan Bhagwat of insulting the Indian Armyin a speech he made on Sunday. The RSS said his comments have been "distorted." Mohan Bhagwat had said, "Ours is not a military organisation. But we have discipline like the military. If the country needs it and the Constitution permits... it takes six or seven months to prepare an Army... butswayamsevaks, if asked, can do it in three days... this is what we are capable of."
"Shame on you Mr Bhagwat, for disrespecting our martyrs and our Army," Rahul Gandhi tweeted this morning, using the hashtag #Apologise RSS. He alleged that the RSS chief's speech is "an insult to every Indian, because it disrespects those who have died for our nation. It is an insult to our flag because it insults every soldier who ever saluted it."

Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan of the Left said in a Facebook post that Mr Bhagwat's comments were in "poor taste, against Constitutional propriety" and he must apologise. He also said Prime Minister Narendra Modi should "clarify his government's position over Bhagwat belittling Indian Army."

The RSS is the ideological mentor of the ruling BJP.

The RSS said Mohan Bhagwat had made no comparisons between the Indian Army and the Sangh's swayamsevaks at all.While critics pointed out that Mr Bhagwat made his comments on Sunday even as the Army was engaged in a massive operationin Jammu and Kashmir to flush out terrorists who sneaked into a military camp and killed five soldiers and a civilian, injuring 11, the RSS said Mr Bhagwat had made no comparisons between the Indian Army and the Sangh's swayam sevaksat all.

"People are distorting and presenting Mohan ji's statement. All he has said is if the situation arises, then to stand with the military, it will take six months to prepare an army out of citizens. But because swayamsevaks practice discipline, do parades daily, they can be ready in three days," said the RSS' Manmohan Vaidya.

38 CommentsIn a statement, Dr Vaidya said it was "a comparison between general society and swayamsevaks. Both are to be trained by the Indian Army only." He attached a video of Mr Bhagwat's speech with the statement.

The BJP hit out at Rahul Gandhi for his criticism. "Rahul Gandhi knows nothing about the RSS. He does not know how to respect anyone. Congress leaders are going through a period of frustration," said the party's national spokesperson Vijay Sonkar Shastri.
www.ndtv.com/india-news/row-over-chief-mohan-bhagwats-rem...
No post ratings
Maripat
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#238 [Permalink] Posted on 13th February 2018 11:58
What does Indian Educated Class Thinks about Muslims?

(A Facebook Thread)

Sudhir Raniwala

Had a chance to meet some people from very different spheres of life in a social get together. It was troubling to see the deep rooted sentiment against a community amongst the educated, affluent and influential elite of the society. Tch tch.

Shubham Bhushan : Well the well educated sort of betrayed them alright and now they think intellectuals ruined them.

Tarun Deep Saini : Yesterday's We the People touched upon this.

I don’t think that for most people these prejudices are permanent. Just a reflection of othering of people we don’t mingle with often, and politicians using it to fracture vote banks. Besides, there is an international war being waged on Islamic countries (and vice versa, many Islamic countries are at war with the world).

By the way, curious to know why you wrote like the Indian media: 'against a community' 🤨 Muslims are not the lord Voldemort who must not be named ☺️

Sudhir Raniwala : Had written Muslims, and changed it to 'a community'. It was too explicit, and the thought and idea was nauseating. Writing 'a community' provides a certain abstraction, without losing the meaning.

Brijinder Singh : How "international war against terrorism " has become an easy and brazen excuse to peddle bigotry. But then bigotry has become respectable and fashionable now. Reminds me of the Germany of 1930s.

Nikhil Pandit : We have to thank RSS for slowly and steadily poisoning everyone's minds

Brajesh Choudhary : I am amazed the vacuousness of the analysis by people here. It is true that Muslims in India are being labeled as others and demonized by a section of the society. But when people blame RSS only for it, it seems that they have either no analysis power or they are biased in their starting point. First, the difference between Hindus and Muslims were widened and broadened by Congress and Left for last 70 years for vote bank politics. No changes in personal laws of minorities were taken up by Congress till it was forced by the Legal system, a very small Muslim elite and retrograde Mullahs were courted at the cost of logical Muslim masses. Instead of providing them space the system forced them into Mullahs hand. On top of this, jobs in gulf led to the the Wahabi thoughts amongst the Indian Muslims. Shah Bano case, Taslima Nasreen expulsion from Kolkata abd then India by the then Home Minister Pranab Mukherjee and CPM in Bengal can't be forgotten. In Kerala Islamic violence was justified by CPM in name of secularism. The infiltration of Bangladesh refugees was never checked in East and North-East for vote bank. And even today "Triple Talaaq" is being opposed for vote bank politics. On top of that because of electoral politics RSS spews venom. But its venom is no more deadly than Left and Congress. They were like Cancer for Indian body politics and RSS is now doing the same. Just to blame RSS is complete moral bankruptcy and deviousness that only so called "loved to be called secular" in India practice. Now as far as Islam is at war with the world is concerned - Islam itself need to change or change the way they interpret Quran. The way Christians had major reformation in medieval time that led to Christians not burning the heretics on cross is needed in Islam. Otherwise islam will always will be at war with others. Muslims need to learn to believe that Allah is created by men/women, that prophets are wise men and women of their time and Quran like all other book was written by wise people of that time and that like wise people of anytime the book need to be reinterpreted. Till a large number of Muslims don't do it, there is no hope in hell for Islam as political group.

Tarun Deep Saini : Who are you ranting against? There is only one post which mentions RSS, but it has no analysis.

Sudhir Raniwala : Tarun Deep Saini I also missed the last sentence in Brajesh Choudhary comment --- something like: 'And that is all there is to it. Everything else is nonsense' :-)

Tarun Deep Saini : I once wanted to point to him that he likes giving his analysis a sense of finality as he likes finishing his posts with "that’s all". But this is the height of cuteness! He has read 'RSS' in between the lines 😂

Jayant Murthy : But with a fair bit of truth, except in the last few sentences.

Sudhir Raniwala : Jayant Murthy Yes, and No (call me schizophrenic, if you like). The vote bank politics and appeasement that congress and all other parties indulged in is not condonable, even though it contributed very little to educate or make the muslims prosperous......it just gave more power to the maulvis :-(. RSS's stance about Hindu Muslim is well known, for decades. Now that they are in power, it is seen more openly. There exist people who contribute on a daily basis to spew venom against Muslims, and there seems to be evidence that many amongst these have been inspired by RSS, or are associated with RSS. So even though this was not said above, not more than an opinion by Nikhil Pandit, Brajesh Choudhary's rant was neither called for, nor suited for the occasion. He insists he is rational, is not politically aligned, is not a bhakt, and is not pro-RSS. Let us also admit, that truth is not a virtue in present times.

Brajesh Choudhary : Bitter facts hurt Prof. Sudhir Raniwala. And the last few lines of my above post has a simple meaning. The meaning is that all books are written by human - whether it is Quran, Gita, Bible, Ramayana or book of any religion. So the book must be reinterpreted according to time. When a book is taken as face value and interpreted according to 7th century rules we have ISIS and Taliban and fanatics for whom Quran is the final word. These bitter facts must be told, told openly and told loudly.
Tarun Deep Saini
Tarun Deep Saini Brajesh Choudhary, so to counter that let us take Hindus back to their primeval state by a notch or two? Politicians have a reason to drag religion into politics, but when scientists like you do it, it is somewhat surprising (and disturbing). Or are you really so scared of muslims that Hinduism is your last refuge? To counter one set of fanatics you wish to align with another? Well that is your personal choice. But do you really call yourself more rational for that? That is just plain dumb. I accept your arguments, but I reject your conclusions. You are plain regressive, and you will forever be recognised for who you stood with, and not what you stood for.

Just to be sure, you are actually right about Islam, but not so much about the sort of Hinduism you are willing to support. Your regressiveness is just some sort of cowardice against denouncing both as regressive. To be sure, you do sometimes renounce it, but always knowing that you and your kind rule right now, so you always speak the language of power

Jayant Murthy : No, I don't agree that he is right about Islam. There are regressive elements as in any other religion but most people do want to live and let live.

Brajesh Choudhary : Tarun Deep Saini, you are most welcome to your conclusions because that's freedom of expression and even wrong thoughts. I know I am right about Islam, I don't need your approval. Not because you can't be right but because my analysis of Islam is basedon logic and have debated with many Muslims who are unafraid to talk openly including people who are knowledgeable about Islam. Now when I write about reaction to retrograde interpretation of Islam and its reaction you blame me for standing with retrograde Hindus. That's your interpretation and again you are free to do so but then as usual you are wrong again. Yes, I am not an activist like you or Sudhir Raniwala. I make comments on the situation and take appropriate decisions when in my power. That's all. Rest all you write is your imagination.

Brajesh Choudhary : Dear Jayant Murthy, I am right about Islam. You need to look through a broader prism of analytical power in the history of human race.

Tarun Deep Saini : Jayant Murthy all religions are regressive. Why be selective about progressiveness of some religious people. I’m increasingly finding it hard to take those who are okay with religion being used as a political tool. Human needs are not organised differently according to religions, and politics ought to be about making everybody's life better.

Brajesh Choudhary : Tarun Deep Saini, wonderful thought. The only way to do it is to make religion a personal matter within the 4 walls of individuals house. First we should stop all these Hindus Pujas that we do in Government functions with Coconut and Aarti. I would support complete elimination of religious matter from public life where people from various religion are part of the system. And also eliminate appeasement on religious lines whether its Hindus or Muslims or others. These are must to have a public space which is neutral and fair for everyone. Otherwise majoritarian tendencies will creep.

Gopal Raghavan: I thought Brajesh Choudhary response was very rational and fact based. Good writing.

Sudhir Raniwala : Sure. He mentioned all the misdoings of others, including congress's. I could add a little to that. But the present sentiment against Muslims has, as I said above,other dominant roots. RSS's opinion about Muslims (in India) is not unknown to anyone. For the past some time, RSS wields a lot of power and control in Indian governance. And people generally side with power. All what Brajesh writes, adds and contributes to it, as does the 'behaviour' of many in the community. But there are many in the Hindu/Jain/Sikh/Christian/All communities where behaviour is a suspect. So? Should we generalise? And that is where the problem lies!

Balasubramanian Ananthanarayan : I am amazed at the vacuousness of the section of society Sudhir Raniwala is talking about. Their smugness and superiority, which is a result of accident of birth. If by Muslim, they can think of only TTT, madrasa, isi, then by parity, others are equally justified, when Hindus are mentioned, of bride burning, dowry, untouchability. I thought this post was about prejudice and narrow mindedness...

Brajesh Choudhary: Yes untouchability still exists in India amongst Hindus, Sikhs and Christians, child exists bride in all communities, female fetus termination exists in all communities in India are bane of the Indian culture. None of them exclusively belong to Hindus only because the Hindu behavior have seeped into every religion where people have moved after conversion to Hinduism. Have you heard about Ramgarhia Sikhs or Untouchable or Low-Caste Christians Balasubramanian Ananthanarayan? Let call a spade a spade. When intellectuals for political correctness fail to speak truth then the situation goes from bad to worse.

Pratap Raychaudhur: i I am surprised how much offense the spirit can take even while agreeing to facts 🤣🤣🤣

Tarun Deep Saini : Hard to agree outright with someone who begins with accusations. Moreover, a scientist who believes that monkeys built the Adam's bridge can’t ever be taken too seriously.

Pratap Raychaudhuri : Which is right. But the undeniable truth is that the fertile ground for Hinduvtawadi antiques was prepared by the secularists with their lopsided view of secularism.

Tarun Deep Saini : Pratap Raychaudhuri you forget how many times we have agreed about this. In fact, if you look at most of the comments above, you will find them ideology neutral. The discussion changed only after Brajesh's comment.

Brajesh Choudhary : I am very open about my criticism of Islam where Quran, Allah and Prophet are considered infallible by almost 100% of Muslims. Faith is always illogical and that's why its called faith. But people in many religion and a very large number moved away from literal interpretation of their religious text whether its Christians or others. The orthodox jews haven't done that. Hinduism was never a religion of one book although retrograde Hindutawadi will like that but since Hindu faith is so diverse it will be very difficult. And that's what I emphasize. I understand that my line of logic is not considered fashionable in so called secular intellectual circles. But for me I neither need to prove my secular credentials not give examples. My life is a lived example of that.
No post ratings
Arfatzafar
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#239 [Permalink] Posted on 14th February 2018 16:49
Indian News Channels Run Fake Video On Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Chanting ‘Jai Siya Ram’ During Modi Visit

13 February 2018 Last Updated at 12:07 pm

Outlook Web Bureau

The video, as has later been turned out, is fake, and more than a year old

A video, claiming to show Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi Mohamed bin Zayed al Nahyan chanting 'Jay Siya Ram' during Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to Abu Dhabi, was shared by mainstream Indian media houses, ahead of the PM's visit. The video, as has later been turned out, is fake, and more than a year old.

The video, shared by mainstream channel Times Now and Zee News ahead of Modi's visit to the UAE claimed that Shaikh Mohammad Bin Zayed had chanted “Jai Siya Ram” while addressing a Hindu spiritual programme. A report by theGulf Newsbusted the fake news with true facts.

According to the report, Sheikh Zayed never attended any such event. The one in the video is Sultan Sooud al Qassemi, a UAE-communist and commentator on Arab affairs. The story has now been updated with the facts, but not before thousands of twitter users shared the fake news believing its face-value.

The fake video was tweeted with wrong caption to allegedly maximize the impact.
"Ironically, this fake and dangerous exercise gained traction on social media on a day when the Prime Minister witnessed the groundbreaking ceremony of the first Hindu temple in Abu Dhabi- made possible by the grand gesture of Sheikh Mohammad in donating land to the Indian community for the purpose," the report says.
“Times Now, for instance, tweeted the video at 3.45 pm Indian time on February 10, noting: “When the Abu Dhabi Crown Prince was invited on stage to share his views, he began his speech with ‘Jai Siya Ram’, sending the crowd into frenzy,” said the report.
Modi laid the foundation stone for the first Hindu temple in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE, on February 11.

"The first Hindu temple in Abu Dhabi will come up on 55,000 square metres of land and the groundbreaking ceremony.. (is)..a historic event," Indian Ambassador to the UAE Navdeep Singh Suri had said.

Assuming that it’s a case of slip-up from the channels due to mistaken identity, it is still more embarrassing because Crown Prince Mohamed bin Zayed was also a chief guest at the Republic Day parade in 2017, and had visited India as a state guest in 2016. Slamming Indian media, the Gulf News called the viral fake news a 'propaganda' by mainstream media channels, 'whether by choice or acts of commission.'

The report was also shared by the UAE embassy in New Delhi, on social media with the tweet: “Viral video clip in Indian media spreads false propaganda”
www.outlookindia.com/website/story/indian-news-channels-r...
No post ratings
Maripat
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#240 [Permalink] Posted on 15th February 2018 16:20
India in a corner: Beneath the foreign policy bluster is a great floundering

The vigour of PM Narendra Modi’s travels can barely disguise the fact that in terms of India’s security objectives, he is looking very weak indeed.

Written by Pratap Bhanu Mehta | Updated: February 15, 2018 9:56 am

Defence expenditures in real terms have been falling.

India finds itself increasingly cornered into a strategic cul-de-sac. Even as its diplomacy expands, its political options seem to decrease; even as it reaches out to look east and look west, the strategic space to address its core concerns does not seem to be expanding; and even as its bluster about a strong state grows, doubts about its military capabilities are growing equally louder. So, paradoxically, India finds itself in this position that even as it is globally recognised, it looks more helpless in its own backyard.

These are days where strong propaganda obscures the most basic of common sense. To begin with a simple question. A hallmark of the strategic success of any government is whether it expands the options available that can help you achieve your core objectives. Have the options available to India expanded?

The first core component of having options is raw capability. One would be hard-pressed to find any evidence that India’s capabilities, on any dimension of hard power, have significantly changed for the better over the last four years. The military modernisation programme seems to be still in the phase of arming without aiming; all the grand talk of defence production in the private sector has not taken off. As Vipin Narang has pointed out, a central element of our deterrence capability, Arihant, is still out of commission.

Defence expenditures in real terms have been falling. It is only in the fourth year in office that Cabinet has finally approved a panic buying of assault and sniper rifles. The one element on our strategy vis-a-vis Pakistan is fortifying our bases so that they are not easy targets of terrorist attacks. As the situation in Jammu and Kashmir has shown, we do not seem to have made much success of this. The sophistication in the political establishment on understanding military matters is scarcely more evident. India’s raw hard power capabilities still constrain options.

The second component of having more options is new partnerships and alliances. India has been forthright enough to deepen its partnerships with Japan, Australia and other countries concerned about China. Its engagement with West Asia is impressive. It has announced greater maritime ambitions. These might be worthwhile initiatives in their own right. But these initiatives do not, for the most part, help mitigate India’s core vulnerabilities. It is not clear that these initiatives are enough to get Pakistan to change its behaviour, or secure our long-term objectives in relation to China. It tells you something about the unreality gripping public strategic discourse that our hearts flutter with joy at a term like “Indo-Pacific”. This term may have some nominal rhetorical value.

But the idea that merely by creating a new maritime nomenclature that flatters us, we will somehow outgrow the real strategic dilemmas that face us vis-a-vis China and Pakistan, is wishful thinking. It is good India is deepening its engagement from Seychelles to Oman, acquiring new docking capabilities and logistical support. But with what wars and what interventions, what military objectives will these achieve? It is almost like we will acquire these facilities without any clear sense of the uses to which we will put them. They signal our global intent but do not add much to our capabilities.

This expansive outreach has also, in some strategic circles, created this illusion that India can outgrow its region; it does not have to be tied down to its geography. From Doklam to Kashmir, from the Maldives to Nepal, India has been rudely reminded about how easy it is to put it in a helpless position in its own neighbourhood. The idea that India can do a great power projection without being able to manage its own neighbourhood was a pipe dream in any case. In relation to almost all our neighbours, with the possible exception of Bangladesh, India’s diplomatic, moral and coercive authority stands diminished. In Nepal, it ended up with the worst of both worlds — it did not have the power to follow up its implicit promises to the Madhesis, and no matter how one dresses it up, it has had to eat humble pie and accommodate Oli. India could not exercise any leadership in the Rohingya crisis. In the Maldives, it is looking increasingly more helpless.

To put it politely, our Pakistan strategy is in tatters. The fact that the Americans might be willing to sanction Pakistan is a double-edged sword. For one thing, in the short run it will lead to Pakistan turning the heat on India in the hope that ratcheting up the tensions, and provoking an Indian response, will once again put the spotlight on the risks of the Kashmir crisis. We trumpeted the fact that surgical strikes would be a deterrent; they turned out to be a virtually useless instrument. Worse, the fact that we trumpeted them so loudly has created a domestic expectation of retaliation, every time more Indian soldiers are killed. So we are caught in a political trap on engagement with Pakistan. On the one hand, the NSAs are apparently talking. On the other hand, you have created a public discourse where a chief minister has to explain that she is not being anti-national in calling for talks with Pakistan. There is a simple point: Even if you intend to exercise military options, they have to be embedded in a political strategy. Is there a political strategy on Pakistan at all, or is it all bluster covering up a great floundering?

China’s aggressive posture has to make India wary. But surely the idea of deft diplomacy is that you do not reach a point where literally every single line of engagement becomes a zero-sum game, and you convert a hard-nosed contest of interests into a more publicly-charged, ideologically potent contest of self-esteem. Perhaps we do not have any other options. But the net result is that we are more cornered by China than we were a few years ago.

Add to this the atrocious deterioration of public discourse in India, where Mohan Bhagwat can openly taunt the army, and you have to wonder: Have India’s strategic options in dealing with its core challenges expanded or have they diminished? On any measure, hard power, diplomacy, alliances, political framing, and consistency of domestic resolve, we seem to have fewer not more options. The vigour of Modi’s travels can barely disguise the fact that in terms of India’s security objectives, he is looking very weak indeed. Any other prime minister would have been hauled over the coals if India had been backed into the corner it is now.

Source : THE Indian Express
No post ratings
Back to top Post New Topic

Jump to page: