You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, dr76, samah
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2015 07:26
Once I said salah behind a barelwi imam in da'awate islami markaz. After salah he was praying "Aghisnii aghisnii aghisnii Ya Nabiallah Ya Nabiallah"......
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2015 11:04
salaam

i once mistakenly ended up in a barelwi masjid in gujrat, india. i was standing right behind the imam. he turned round and started picking 'mistakes' with me and demanding i correct them before he started salaat. he made me close the top buttons on my kurta - which i purposely left open (as a mufti told me it was a sunnah) and started picking at the way i was standing before salaat. stupid stuff like that. i was very very young then and as everyone had already stood up for salaat i decided to let it ride...
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2015 11:36
I was driving in Texas and around Maghrib went into the Masjid, I had a funny feeling about this so I marched straight to the Imam's place. Stood up as an Imam and called for Iqama and led the prayer and then walked straight out and drove off.

Went to Turkey and did the same and almost got arrested because they called the Military but we ran away.

Went to Shaykh Nazim's place in London and did the same thing.

Did the same in America few months ago because I noticed the Imam had no Beard so I deliberately ignored the whole setup, told my son to call Iqamah and lead Maghrib!

+4 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2015 11:38
If they are 2 seconds late I move forward and become the Imam and deal with the consequences later. Usually in America and Europe they don't care who leads so I take advantage of the situation.

I have discussed the matter with some Senior Ulama and said sometimes (false) humility gets you into trouble. If you see someone with dodgy Beard (or Madkhali) then don't be humble and assert that you know Qur'aan and Sunnah and become Imam.

I may be wrong in my approach but alternative is praying behind someone whom I have doubts about!
+1 -0Creative x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2015 11:43
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I'm pretty sure Snake is note a typo for Shake (Shaykh/Sheikh/Shaikh)
Please maintain respect for each other and Ulamaa (if topic is about a scholar) by avoiding accusations and slanderous comments. Also remember that in order for criticism to be constructive, it must be channeled in the right direction. If there is any doubt in a matter, it is better to ask, clarify or to remain silent rather than to speak ill of another person.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2015 14:33

السلام عليكم

Prayed behind a Barelwi imam once while at Medical school. immediately after salah he turned around & said " These days people do not shake hands with Imam after the prayers, that one who doesnt shake hands after salah, his salah is Not valid"

Well, he asked for that. i went straight to him, asked where did u get that from.. said Imam Abu Hanifa رحمة الله عليه has written somewhere..

I asked him for the reference.. said he doesnt remember.. i told him not not to say it again and went off like a Hazrat ;-)

Also Pulled out a Barelwi Imam once while he was reciting Khutbah at our Masjid..

I was the Imam at our Campus masjid and was also assigned Juma. The Masjid comprised of an interesting cocktail which consisted of Barelwis, Ahle Hadith, Tableeghis and Jamaat e Islami guys. Somehow they were affectionate towards this lowly self by the grace of Allah سبحانه وتعالى

So our Masjid was under constant pressure by their Parent bodies who wanted to exert their influence somehow..

This time it was the Barelwis turn.. i came a bit late for Jumuah and saw a saffron turban at the pulpit in full gear, high volume ..
i went straight upto him.. held his hand and asked him to sit down..

Alhamdulillah.. the man sat down and things went as if nothing happened..

Note for Colonel sahab: Do Not Try this At Home :-)

You can read more on some interesting stuff at our campus Here.

duas..

wa Assalam..
+3 -0Like x 1Winner x 1Optimistic x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2015 04:56
In my last visit to Pakistan I prayed pretty much all my salawaat behind a barelwi imam as the city I was staying in was entirely barelwi. In fact, I believe majority of Pakistan is barelwi, correct me if im wrong. Anyway, I did not repeat any of my salaat. I confirmed with Maulana Junaid and he said it was fine.

However, I would NEVER pray behind a shi`a, hadith-munkar or a qadiyaani.

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2015 05:06
Maulana Junaid mentions: "Ibn `Abbaas prayed behind Hajjaj ibn Yusuf".

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2015 09:03
I wonder why barelwis have an issue with tableghees when they themselves do tableegh.
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2015 18:22
muslim11 wrote:
View original post

They dont have an issue with tabligh, they have an issue with Deoband, many Barelwi (laypeople especially) consider Deobandi as kaafir. Please see other threads for further details.

Anyone know about the Barelwi Masjid on Lea Bridge Road E17? What do you think, would you pray there? Reason I ask is that there is a gym there and I heard many brothers attending then go and offer Salah there too. I believe the gym is part of the mosque management.

Would you London brothers attend that Masjid to pray behind the Imam? Every time I've been, I've timed it to miss jamaa'h and do our own little congregation or pray on my own.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2015 18:48
Arslan. wrote:
View original post

If you are saying that barelwi means just "angisht bosi", "meelad" and slogan "YA RASOOLULLAH", then may be you are right. But if you are saying about actual barelwis with the aqeeda of haziro nazir, mukhtare kul etc then you are wrong as most of people are illetrate and they don't know the actual logic and reality behind what they are doing. They do all this just in the love of Prophet sallallaho alaihe wasallam, because they think that we don't respect Rasoolullah saww (ma'azallah), and their aqa'id are of ahlesunnat.
+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2015 09:52

abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Is it jaaiz to deliberately miss one's salah with jamat if he has doubts about the Imam's aqeedah?

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2015 10:59
kanzoorbhai wrote:
View original post

My son asked a Mufti, and since the Mufti lives next to the Masjid too, he knows better and told my son that it would be Makrooh to pray behind them (in this particular Masjid)
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2015 19:10
SubhanAllah some of you guys are quite the risk-takers..

Personally I avoid confrontation as much as possible. Nothing spoils my taste more than a strong bicker inside a Masjid.

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2015 19:26
abuhajira wrote:
View original post

Any ruling from you Mufti Saab regarding this Masjid www.wfia.org.uk/ this is the Masjid my son mentioned
No post ratings