You have contributed 7.1% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, Taalibah
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd January 2015 22:09
Hmmm....just something been bugging me for a while....I've come across many many practising brothers and sister who are followers of a specific following or scholar....but instead of this connection bringing the best out in them, it brings out the worst....why?

They repeat words of knowledge etc, but not the underlying understanding....Just like the example in this thread by brother True Life hits it on the head.

Why are such people not dealt with appropriately? Why are they not corrected? Why are the general mass deluded and taken in by them?

Received the following message today.....for myself it only emphasized the topic further....

Quote:
Men of Deception

عن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه قال قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم يخرج في آخر الزمان رجال يختلون الدنيا بالدين يلبسون للناس جلود الضأن من اللين ألسنتهم أحلى من العسل وقلوبهم قلوب الذئاب يقول الله عز و جل أبي يغترون أم علي يجترئون فبي حلفت لأبعثن على أولئك منهم فتنة تدع الحليم حيران رواه الترمذي من رواية يحيى بن عبيد سمعت أبي يقول سمعت أبا هريرة فذكره ورواه مختصرا من حديث ابن عمر وقال حديث حسن (الترغيب و الترهيب 1/78)

Hadhrat Abu Hurayrah (Radhiallahu Anhu) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “At the end of time (close to Qiyaamah) such men will make an appearance who will seek the dunya through actions of the Aakhirah. They will wear woolen clothing for show in trying to express their piety and abstinence of the world before people. Their tongues (their speech) will be sweeter than honey (in their approach and in trying to sway people towards them), and their hearts will be like the hearts of wolves (in the love of the world and in harbouring evil towards the pious). Allah Ta’ala will say: “Are they being deceived (in thinking that they will not receive my punishment) on account of Me granting them respite, or are they being bold through opposing Me (and deceiving my servants with their external piety)? I take a qasm upon My Being, I will inflict upon them such a trial, which will cause the wise and learned amongst them to become confused and bewildered.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Agree x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2015 10:47
Taalibah wrote:
View original post

The problem here is I believe Hazrat/personality worship/ghuloo and just like anything if it exceeds the norm then it can have disastrous consequences.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2015 11:26
I'm not isolating personality worship here....for example a person can be a tj, sufee, etc...that's all good and fine...BUT when they start exceeding the limits of shariah and start speaking and behaving like scholars, I've noticed that no one brings them back to reality?

maybe I'm thinking akhlaq, having knowledge without it can be detrimental....or could it be that such people suffer from illnesses of the heart yet feel free to preach. Yet they are not corrected Instead they are held in reverence and given high statuses simply for who they are and where they are.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2015 18:09
Once I saw a brother chewing paan. It was very unusual for a postgraduate student hence I asked the reason. He replied- it's the Sunnah of elders/Akabir!
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2015 18:33
Taalibah wrote:
View original post

Sadly everyone appreciates and supports 'ghuloo', with whatever organisation/tariqah/group/cult/hazrat they are linked with

When they start exceeding the limits of the shariah then they should be avoided and told to be quiet or bring proof.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2015 18:34
Black Turban wrote:
View original post

I guess to some that would be a daleel in its self, that its sunnah of our Akabir :D

I have sadly heard the same thing a few times as well in person.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2015 18:35
Black Turban wrote:
View original post

Chai and Paan, two big sunnats of our elders!!! Khuda ki shukr, I make amal on the former so much I get headaches if I mistakenly leave it...but I'm too weak to start on the latter one.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Germany
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2015 18:38
If you don't mind please refrain from the common bickering about Ghulu & Hazrat-worshipping, as this thread is not related to it. Those who have something constructive to add, please do so. Jazak'Allah khayran.
+2 -0Like x 1Agree x 1Creative x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2015 18:41
Jinn wrote:
View original post

Exactly....people are very quickly judged when not practising upto a particular standard, but when it exceeds the limits. No one is prepared to step in and correct.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2015 18:45

Taalibah wrote:
View original post

Interesting observations, maybe the problem is that we live in an era of celebrity and as muslims we are not immune. Muslim twitter celebrities, Islamic forum celebrities and every forum has a few, Muslim Facebook celebrities, Muslim Youtube Celebrities and many acquire large and loyal followers. A person might in the beginning engage in social media purely for the sake of Allah but the praise of others can easily lead one astray.The nafs takes over person becomes pleased with praise that is unworthy and react harshly to criticism against them that is fully justified .....When a person becomes a slave to the nafs then they wont bother spending a decade learning the deen when they can become an overnight sensation on the internet simply by plageurising the words of Scholars. May Allah protect us, this is a time of great fitnah.

+1 -0Agree x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2015 18:48
Taalibah wrote:
View original post

And as soon as you bring it up or someone mentions it then everyone associated with it starts getting touchy

Sadly today our allegiance is not to Allah, Rasool (saw) and Islam but to groups and hazrats

Before I get branded as a Hadhrat hater and what not :D I think I'll stop as I believe brother True Life seems to be getting offended, even though it goes directly with what you mentioned earlier on.

+1 -0Disagree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2015 19:09
Quote from the Saint of Saints Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani (rahim ullah).

How can you talk about the spiritual states of the righteous people and claim to have attained these states yourself? Do not talk about the spiritual state of someone else and do not spend from the purse of another person. You read books and extract their words which you then use, misleading the audience into believing that these are the fruit of your own thinking and your powerful spiritual state and that they are utterances of your heart. Woe to you! Put their sayings into practice first and then speak so that your speech will be a chick of your deeds and the fruit of the tree of your works.

This business is not achieved by merely visiting righteous people and memorizing their words, but by putting what they say into practice, behaving with ultimate politeness in their company, and thinking well of them, in all circumstances. The layperson is rewarded in proportion to the steps he takes with his feet, whereas one of the elite is rewarded in proportion to his spiritual aspiration. When all of the person’s concerns become one single concern, the True One (mighty and glorified is He) will be One for him. If he turns his heart away from anyone other than Him, He (high is He) Himself will guard him. The Invincible One has said in His Book: “My guardian is Allah who sent down the Book, and He guards the righteous” (7.196).
+4 -0Winner x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2015 19:09
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

Aameen.

It is very frightening, such people live double lives, they can preach but unable to practice due to misinterpreting...is this the norm? noticing this in more and more people....demanding and expecting respect caused by the excessive respect they're given by people around them.

When such people are given positions in schools, maktabs, darulooms, dawah, etc... our children are at risk, because instead if instilling love of deen in them, they negatively taint their hearts with their overbearing behaviour.

It's frustrating when you can clearly see the negative impact it has on the coming generation and theirs nothing you can say or do....because such and such person is related, student or graduate of such and such scholar, or person of high status in the community.
+1 -0Agree x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2015 19:18
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

Beautiful, this should be engraved in GOLD !!!

Can I ask you, what book or where you got it from ? Feel free to PM me it brother if you don't want to mention it on here.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2015 20:13
Taalibah wrote:
View original post

The issue of Maktaabs would be a topic in itself, the parents and general lay people from the sub-continent have an obsession in how many paras their child can memorise how many duas their child can memorise, etc. very little focus on whether the child is understanding anything , and if their imaan and love for their deen is being increased so that when they reach adulthood what ever they have learned will act as a shield against the fitnahs surrounding them. This combined with poor teachers leaves children with a dislike sometimes even hatred for the deen.

I suppose we have too much focus on informational learning instead of Transformational learning. Imagine if a local teacher spent a month focusing on the meaning, the power ,blessings and benefits of Bismillah, until the child has fully grasped and internalised the benefits of it. The parents would be in uproar "MY child already knows Bismillah, why have you not started teaching him quran yet what are we paying you for."

As for the rest of your concerns traditionally even graduates of madaris were expected to go through a process of purification before they began teaching other and preaching to others.
I refer back to Shaykh Abdul Qadir Gilani (rahim ullah) The following quotes are from him (Rahim ullah), pity we have neglected his teachings. They are taken from a book called Jila al Khatir I do not know if I have permission to posts links but if you google you will find a link to the book and read it online.

* O young man, while your faith is still weak you have to be concerned with your own affairs. Do not be concerned with your family, your neighbors, and the people of your town and county. When your faith has strengthened, come out to your family and children and then to the creatures. Do not emerge to them before protecting yourself with the armor of piety, covering the head of your heart with the helmet of faith, having in your hand the sword of the oneness of God and in your quiver arrows of answering the Caller, riding the horse of good guidance, and learning the art of attack and retreat, fight and thrust. If you attack the enemies of the True One (mighty and glorified is He) at this point, support and aid will come to you from your six directions: right and left, above and below, and in front and behind. You will snatch creatures from the hands of Satan and carry them to the door of the True One (mighty and glorified is He). The person who attains to this spiritual station will have the veils removed from the eyes of his heart. Whenever he turns to one of his six directions, his sight penetrates the veils and nothing remains screened from it. When he raises the head of his heart, he sees the Throne and the heavens, and when he lowers his head in reflection, he sees the levels of the earth and all its inhabitants of jinn, human beings, and wild beasts. Once you have attained to this spiritual station, you can summon the creatures to the door of Allah (mighty and glorified is He). Before this happens, you can achieve nothing. If you call the creatures when you are not at the door of the Creator, your call to them will be disastrous to you. Whenever you move, you go down; whenever you seek promotion, you get demoted. You have no clue about the righteous. You are tongue‑wagging with no heart, an outward with no inward, a public life with no private life, and a tour with no attack. Your sword is made of wood and your arrows are matchsticks. You are a coward with no courage. The smallest arrow can kill you and send you to the Day of Resurrection. O Allah, strengthen our practice of religion, faith, and bodies with your nearness and “give us good in this world and good in the hereafter and protect us from the torment of the Fire.”

* O young man, you are nothing other than a lower self, natural inclination, and passion! You spend time with strange women and young boys then you say: “I am not interested in them!” You are a liar. Neither the Law nor reason agree with what you say. You add fire to fire and firewood to firewood, so there is no doubt that the house of your religion and faith will catch fire. The Law’s disapproval of this behavior is universal, exempting no one.

Acquire faith, knowingness of Allah (mighty and glorified is He), and strength of nearness first and then open up a clinic and be a physician for the creatures, acting on behalf of the True One (mighty and glorified is He). Woe to you! How can you touch and handle snakes when you have no expertise in snake handling and have not taken the antidote? You are blind, so how can you cure the eyes of people? You are mute, so how can you teach people? You are ignorant, so how can you practice religion? How can the person who knows no usher bring people to the door of the king? You have no right to utter a single word until you experience a resurrection and witness wonders.

Be sincere in your actions; otherwise, do not lay claims. Once you have cut off all relations and closed the doors and ways, the direction of the True One and His nearness will open to you, the way to Him will be paved for you, and the finest, best, and noblest things will come to you. This world is ephemeral, evanescent, and vanishing. It is the abode of tribulations, afflictions, grieves, and cares. No one will have a perfect life in this world, especially if he is a wise man. As the saying goes, “the wise man who remembers death will never find the delight of his eye in this world.” As for the person who has a lion whose mouth is wide open standing next to him, how can he settle and how can his eyes drop off to sleep? O unaware ones, the mouth of the grave is wide open, the mouths of the lion and the snake of death are wide open! The executioner of the sultan of destiny is carrying the sword in his hand, waiting for the command. Only one in a million is in this state of wisdom — wakeful and free of unawareness. The vigilant person has renounced everything, saying: “O my God, You know what I want! You have favored your creatures with these plates, but I wish for a morsel from the plate of Your nearness. I want something from a thing that belongs to You.”

+2 -0Like x 2

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What shape is the red shape ('round' is not a shape)?