You have contributed 50.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Black Turban, abu mohammed
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd January 2015 07:52
A young man while roaming the desert came across a spring of delicious crystal-clear water. The water was so sweet he filled his leather canteen so he could bring some back to a tribal elder who had been his teacher. After a four-day journey he presented the water to the old man who took a deep drink, smiled warmly and thanked his student lavishly for the sweet water. The young man returned to his village with a happy heart.

Later, the teacher let another student taste the water. He spat it out, saying it was awful. It apparently had become stale because of the old leather container. The student challenged his teacher: "Master, the water was foul. Why did you pretend to like it?"

The teacher replied, "You only tasted the water. I tasted the gift. The water was simply the container for an act of loving-kindness and nothing could be sweeter."

This story, today I found on internet. It is written by some English writer. But the thing that it reminded me is the life incidence of Hazrat Hakim ul Ummah RhA, which I onced read in some book. Once on some Eid occasion, he was presented a dress as a gift from his elder wife. She spent whole month in sewing an embroidering it. But the problem was that it didn't suit with the personality of Hazrat RhA. But He still accepted it to please her and lead Eid prayer dressed in it. After salah, one of his mureed said that "Hazrat this dress doesn't suit with your personality", He gave this to him and said that you wear it.

So our elders were really holders of great akhlaaq. My own Hazrat DB once during a wa'az in last Ramadhan, started crying and said that "nowadays ummah has become devoid of akhlaq. People don't care for others. They beat their wives. I myself never ever shouted or got angery on my faqirni (wife), except one occasion that I got a bit angry, but I at-once apologized."

Many Thanks to Allah for Blessing Us With Such Great Elders
Allahumma Lakalhamdu Wa Lakashukru
report post quote code quick quote reply
+5 -0Like x 5
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd January 2015 08:41
Akhlaq, Akhlaq and Akhlaq. Alhamdulillah thumma Alhamdulillah we hear, read and watch people practicing huqooqullah, but huqooqul ibaad!!!!

let me add an incident here.

Once a tribe leader invited Moulana Ilyas RA for a sermon in his village and also promised transport to pick moulana from his place. But he didn't keep the promise, Moulana managed to reach the village; but it was late. The leader shouted at Moulana. Moulana was silent till he finished his shouting. Other ulema accompanying Moulana told him to remind him about the promise for transport. Moulana said "it is from Uswa of Rasulullah SAS that, the dignity of a leader among his followers shall be protected ".
report post quote code quick quote reply
+0 -0Like x 3Agree x 1

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'ABC' written in?