You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Naqshband66, abu mohammed, Arslan.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 20th October 2014 15:17
Yahya Ibn Yahya an-Naysaburi رحمة اللہ علیه narrates: "I was with Sufyan Ibn 'Uyaynah رحمة اللہ علیه when a man approached him and said, 'O Abu Muhammad, I have come to complain to you about my wife. I am the most disgraced and dishonoured of entities to her.'

Sufyan رحمة اللہ علیه lowered his head in silence for a while, and then raising it, asked, 'Were you perhaps inclined to her so that the union would increase your honour?'

The man replied, 'Yes, Abu Muhammad.'

Sufyan رحمة اللہ علیه then said, 'A person who seeks honour will be tested with disgrace. A person who seeks wealth will be tested with poverty. But, a person who seeks deen (religion/spirituality), Allaah سبحانه و تعالى will grant him both honour and wealth together with spirituality.'

He then narrated to him a story, 'We were four brothers: Muhammad, 'Imran, Ibraheem and I. Muhammad was the eldest, 'Imran was the youngest and I was in between them in age. When Muhammad intended to marry, he was inclined to lineage and married a woman of better lineage than himself. But, Allaah سبحانه و تعالى tested him with disgrace. 'Imran was inclined to wealth, so he married a woman who was wealthier than him. But, Allaah سبحانه و تعالى tested him with poverty. They took all his wealth and did not return anything to him. So, I pondered over their choices. When Ma'mar Ibn Rashid رحمة اللہ علیه came to visit us, I consulted with him by narrating to him the stories of my brothers. He reminded me of the ahaadeeth narrated by Ummul Mu'mineen 'Aa'ishah رضي الله عنها and Yahya Ibn Ja'dah رضي الله عنه. As for the hadeeth narrated by Ja'dah رضي الله عنه, Nabi صلى الله عليه وسلم said, "A woman is married for four reasons: spirituality/religion, lineage, wealth and beauty. Marry one with spirituality and you will be successful."

As for the hadeeth narrated by Ummul Mu'mineen 'Aa'ishah رضي الله عنها, Nabi صلى الله عليه وسلم said, "The woman with the greatest blessing is the one with the least Mahr."

So I chose spirituality and a small Mahr, in conformity with the Sunnah of Nabi صلى الله عليه وسلم. The result was that Allaah سبحانه و تعالى granted me honour and wealth together with spirituality.'" [Tahdhibul Kamal Mizzi, vol. 11, p. 194]

One of the greatest bounties a husband can possess is the company of a righteous wife. [Pearls from the Path]
report post quote code quick quote reply
+6 -0Like x 4Winner x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 27th October 2014 10:04
Jaabir رضي الله عنه narrates that the ruler of the time, Yazeed Ibn Mu'aawiyah, sent a proposal for the daughter of Abud-Dardaa' رضي الله عنه. The proposal was rejected. One of the courtiers of Yazeed requested for permission from Yazeed to send a proposal for himself. Yazeed was not happy with the idea, but reluctantly gave his permission. This person then sent a proposal for her, and it was accepted. People could not understand why a ruler's proposal was rejected, while that of an ordinary person was accepted.

Abud-Dardaa' رضي الله عنه explained, "I looked towards the best interests of my daughter. What would have happened to her if palace servants and slaves were at her service and everything around her was glitter and glamour? What would have been the status of her religious affairs at that time?" [Sifatus Safwah, p. 227]

Undisciplined exposure to wealth commonly produces men and women who are unduly attached to worldly pleasures, arrogant in their manner and reluctant to acknowledge their weaknesses. Many parents encourage their sons and daughters to select a marriage partner based on financial status, while little attention is placed upon religious standing. This very often leads to disastrous consequences with regard to their Islamic future as well as that of their offspring.

On the other hand, spouses whose religion takes priority over material things, are guided by the Qur'aan and Sunnah at the crossroads of life. A marriage based upon religious principles, produces families that are concerned with permanent success in the Hereafter rather than the transitory pleasures of this fleeting world. [Pearls from the Path]
report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Like x 3

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What's behind the word Yellow? (it's not the sun)