Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, Taalibah
Rank Image
London
Brother
#46 [Permalink] Posted on 16th November 2014 22:41
Mufti Menk on Homosexuality

Halalified YT Audio

The video posted on YouTube shows Menk asking: "How can you engage in acts of immorality with the same sex?

"Today we have people claiming to be Muslims. I’ve heard one of them on YouTube recently who says, ‘No I’ve studied the Koran… totally and what is prohibited is to rape the men, but if it’s done with consent there is nothing wrong.

"How foolish they are. The Qu'ran clearly says it is wrong what you are doing.. Allah speaks about how filthy this is.

"With all due respect to the animals [homosexuals] are worse than animals."
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#47 [Permalink] Posted on 17th November 2014 03:40
abdulquddus wrote:
View original post

wa Alaikum Assalam w.w.

A zaani lady and a Homosexual are two different entities..

The approach of Ambiya ( Alaihis salam) to both of them have been different..

The Punishment for Homosexuality was most severe by Allah سبحانه وتعالى as compared to any other act..

1. Mufti Menk retracted his previous views on Homosexuality after he was boycotted in the U.K saying it was "based on old comments taken out of context " - Is it Not an Apologetic Response.

2 He said "Coming from Zimbabwe, I had not been exposed to gays, but travelling to the West has given me a better understanding of the situation. I have had the chance to meet up with some of them and even share a few jokes and discuss their point of view. They have explained to me how as time passes more people are understanding them from politicians to church leaders too."

So are the gays in the U.K any better than those in Zimbabwe..? he wants to Joke with Enemies of Allah سبحانه وتعالى.. ? Those whom he cursed and rained the most sever punishment.. He wants to discuss their point of veiw after calling them "worst than Animals" .. why.. just because they blocked his talks..

so what does he really want to Promote.. His Personality or Islam...

Iam yet to receive a clarification from him..

May Allah سبحانه وتعالى guide us all..

duas..

wa Assalam..
+1 -0
#48 [Permalink] Posted on 17th November 2014 03:45
Double Post
+0 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#49 [Permalink] Posted on 17th November 2014 03:58
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

The Video was posted on 25 June 2013

He was boycotted for the very same veiws in the U.K in November 2013

Here.. from The Telegraph

The Apologetic response came later.. as he retracted those words saying "it was based on old comments taken out of context.."

wa Assalam..
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#50 [Permalink] Posted on 17th November 2014 04:23
Apologies, I've misunderstood then.

Doc sahib, if you get a response from him, please post it here.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#51 [Permalink] Posted on 17th November 2014 04:26
@ Bhai Abdul Quddoos.. A sad reality today..

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#52 [Permalink] Posted on 17th November 2014 04:27
Arslan. wrote:
View original post

No probs bro.. sure ill post the response here إن شاء الله
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#53 [Permalink] Posted on 17th November 2014 08:25
Arslan. wrote:
View original post

Same here, didn't know the comments came afterwards.

Amazing how trying to be politically correct can ruin our aakhira
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#54 [Permalink] Posted on 17th November 2014 09:09
This post has been reported. It could be due to breaking rules or something as simple as bad use of bbcodes which breaks the page format. We will attend to this soon.
+0 -2Dislike x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#55 [Permalink] Posted on 17th November 2014 09:59
A later version (sorry about the sound quality)
Halalified YT Audio
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#56 [Permalink] Posted on 17th November 2014 10:48
dr76 wrote:
View original post

Brother dr76 Assalamua'laikum

While I accept its not just we normal people but even scholars are looking for goodwill and praise, I would also like to remind you that Allah is the one who is going to judge him. Lets love him because he is a scholar of this ummah and we do not know a single good deed by him can be liked by Allah and he could be forgiven with ease.

Let us not become Allah by questioning each and everything. Its only sifath of Allah to declare some one good/faulty not we human beings brother. There was one thread by me on sunniforum which discussed how children are being effected by this sin. I am staunch denier of homsexuality. I always give lectures against this sin spreading in children. But i see hikmah in Mufti Menk message. Lets see the positive side of the message about how it would allow him to again talk to people of UK and leave the negative side to Allah. That is also the hikmah of tabligh. We aren't allowed to speak on the controversial things, for you will be kicked out in first instance.

Let us spread love despite our differences
No post ratings
Rank Image
Germany
Brother
#57 [Permalink] Posted on 17th November 2014 14:20
Masha'Allah, Shaykh Menk is "Mufti sahab" and Mawlana Tariq Jameel is turned into "Mr". *shaking-my-head*
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#58 [Permalink] Posted on 17th November 2014 14:36
True Life wrote:
View original post

Have been writing many professional emails lately :)

Edited. Sorry I didn't mean it. I hold Moulana sab in highest regard.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#59 [Permalink] Posted on 18th November 2014 07:11
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

السلام عليكم

This Lecture was orignally given at Manchester on November 2011, Its is a clip from the lecture "Mufti Ismail Menk - Connection to Youth" Uploaded on Nov 22, 2011, at Fosis Fundraiser, in Manchester.

The uploader of the clip posted it on 8 November 2013 as a response to the article in the Independent.

It is Not a response by Mufti Menk, or something he said Later.

Anyway Here is the Transcript of the audio:

" We should never ever belittle someone because of what they believe.infact even the non muslims we have a policy , lakum deenukum wali yadeen. What a beautiful policy.you have your faith I have mine.

Its different. I respect you with total disagreement. But the respect is there. I hope you understand what iam saying. I respect you with disagreement. You need to respect me in the same way you are free to be gay or a lesbian , iam free not to be.

So we might respect you as a human being but disagree with you totally on what you are doing. And you got to respect us as human beings and possibly or probably stay with us if you don’t believe what we are doing is right.
This is the method and this is the mentality we should be using in the non Muslim world.

We cannot apply the Fatawa of some of the Ulema sitting in the Muslim countries and dishing out without knowing whats happening on the ground in the non Muslim countries.

They come and they spoil the whole link we have with everyone around us and create a divide having never left the desert. May Allah protect us.

And I know I may sound a little bit hard but iam speaking reality. I studied in Madinah Munawwarah and I know what iam talking about.

So it is very important for us to know that this integration , this opportunity is very important for us . to spread Islam. it will happen when you mix for the right reasons. Otherwise Islam is not going to spread. Not at all. Not within us, not outside us.

Within us because sometimes we become the worst Muslims from the campus..because we have mixed with the wrong people… " (fades out)

End of clip

A strange and contradicting talk.

1. Did the Saudi ulema (or those from Muslim world) call gays & Homosexuals as worst than animals or He did.

2. So which Saudi Scholar or those from Muslim countries were blocked by gays.

3. we have no problems mixing with Non Muslims as and how our deen demands us.. and we have been doing it.. even "The ulema who dish out fatawa" do.. but condoning Gays and Homosexuals.. joking with them.. understanding their point of view..retracting ur previous statement.. just because they blocked ur speech doesnt go well..

Any way we shall wait for his response إن شاء الله

wa Asslam..
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#60 [Permalink] Posted on 18th November 2014 08:03
abdulquddus wrote:
View original post

wa Alaikum assalam w.w.

Abdul Quddoos wrote:
While I accept its not just we normal people but even scholars are looking for goodwill and praise,[/quote]

Seeking Praise at the cost of compromising Islam.. Not us but sell outs do.. (Not implying to Mufti Menk, since his response is awaited)

Quote:
I would also like to remind you that Allah is the one who is going to judge him. Lets love him because he is a scholar of this ummah and we do not know a single good deed by him can be liked by Allah and he could be forgiven with ease[/quote]

We are not entitled to his matters with Allah سبحانه وتعالى ... we are concerned about Islam and Muslims and shall not let it be ransomed to gain likes on facebook..

Quote:
Let us not become Allah by questioning each and everything. Its only sifath of Allah to declare some one good/faulty not we human beings brother.

And to Whom did Allah سبحانه وتعالى entrust Amr Bil Ma’roof wa nahi Anil Munkar .. Angels..?

[quote]But i see hikmah in Mufti Menk message. Lets see the positive side of the message about how it would allow him to again talk to people of UK and leave the negative side to Allah. That is also the hikmah of tabligh.

That is some Twisted Apologetic Hikmah ur talking about .. read here on Hikmah

[quote]Let us spread love despite our differences

Love and Hate is for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى alone.. not for the sake of ur fan club..

Anyway, u may continue elsewhere with this faulty argument.. lets keep this space for his response..

wa Assalam..
+2 -0Like x 2

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What shape is the green shape ('box' is not a shape)?