You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
sweetmuslimahk1, Naqshband66, abu mohammed
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 9th July 2012 12:28
Shaykh Ibraheem al-Hilali al-Halabi رحمه الله was a righteous and eminent scholar of his time. He studied various subjects of Islam as al-Azhar in Egypt. His days as a student were spent in poverty and he would often remain without food for days at a time. On one occasion, hunger compelled him to leave his room at al-Azhar and go out to beg for food. While walking, he came across a house, the door of which was open and the pleasant fragrance of a tasty meal emitted therefrom. He entered through the door into the kitchen. No one was in sight. He found a pot of food and, with a spoon, he scooped up a portion therefrom. He raised it to his mouth, but at the last moment he held back, as he realised that he did not have permission to eat it. He immediately left the house and returned to his room at al-Azhar, still hungry.

But not even an hour had elapsed, when one of his teachers, accompanied by another man, entered his room.

His teacher said to him, "This respectable man came to me seeking a righteous student of knowledge to marry his daughter, and I have chosen you for this purpose. Come along now so that we can proceed to his home where the marriage between you and his daughter can be performed. You can then become a part of their family."

Shaykh Ibraheem رحمه الله mustered the courage and rose to his feet in obedience to the command of his teacher. He followed them and soon they entered the very same house he had entered earlier.

After settling down, the father married his daughter to him and a meal was served. Amazingly, it was the very same food he had desired to eat, but chose not to partake therefrom. This time he ate from it, saying to himself, "I abstained from eating because I did not have permission to do so, and due to this Allaah has now presented it to me with honour and dignity in a condition that I am married."

After completing his studies, he returned to Aleppo with his righteous wife, where she bore him a number of righteous children.

[300 Qissah wa Qissah Waqi'iyyah Mu'ath-tharah, p 53; I'lam an-Nubala bi Tareekh Halab ash-Shahba]

Those who exercise patience and adopt piety taste from the fruits of goodness. Allaah سبحانه و تعالى says:

"And whoever fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. And will provide for him from where he does not expect." (65:2-3)

[Pearls from the Path]
report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
manchester
Sister
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 9th July 2012 21:26
Mashallah what an amazing article to read Brother Seifeddine, its was surely a nice thing to read about,!
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What's behind the word Yellow? (it's not the sun)