Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Need for Patience

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
westmidlands
Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 13th May 2010 13:10

Need for Patience

If we love Allah, it is a must that we sincerely sacrifice everything in us for His Sake. This means that we have to be patient in the performance of all forms of ibadah (worship) that Allah and His Messenger r have enjoined upon us. We have to remember that us Muslims Allah will test our Faith:

"Be sure We shall test you with something of fear and hunger some loss in goods or lives or the fruits (of your toil) but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere." (Qur'an 2:155)

Abu Hurairah t narrated that the Prophet r said, "A Muslim male or female, remains subject to trials (in this world); in respect of self, children and property till he or she faces Allah the Exalted (on the Day of Judgment) in a state in which all his or her sins have been remitted." (Tirmidhi 49)

As much as possible we should show patience for whatever trials we may incur. Allah the Most Gracious surely rewards those who patiently persevere:

"O you who believe! Persevere in patience and constancy: vie in such perseverance; strengthen each other; and fear Allah; that you may prosper." (Qur'an 3:200)

Those who fulfill the Covenant of Allah and sail not in their plighted word; those who join together those things, which Allah has commanded to be joined, hold their Rabb in awe, and fear the terrible reckoning. Those who patiently persevere seeking the countenance of their Rabb; establish regular prayers; spend (out of the gifts) what We have bestowed for their sustenance, secretly and openly; and turn off Evil with good: for such there is the final attainment of the (Eternal) Home Gardens of perpetual bliss. They shall enter there, as well as the righteous among their fathers, their spouses, and their offspring: and angels shall enter unto them from every gate (with the salutation): "Peace unto you for that you persevered in patience!' Now how excellent is the final Home!" (Qur'an 13:20-24)

"Say: 'O you my servants who believe! Fear your Rabb. Good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is Allah's earth! Those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure.'" (Qur'an 39:10)

Abu Hurairah t narrated that Allah's Messenger r said, "Allah says, 'I have nothing to give but Paradise as a reward to my believer slave, who, if I cause his dear friend (or relative) to die, remains patient (and hopes for Allah's Reward)." (Bukhari 8/432)

Shaddad and as-Sunabihi t narrated that ... Allah's Messenger r said, "Allah who is Great and Glorious says, 'When I afflict a servant of Mine who is a believer and he praises Me, for the affliction I have brought upon him; he will rise from that couch of his as sinless as he was the day his mother gave birth to him.' The Rabb, Who is Blessed and Exalted, will say, 'I fettered and afflicted My servant, so record for him what you were recording for him when he was well.'" (Tirmidhi 1579 and Ahmad)

Non-Muslims and those who are weak in Faith may find that life in this world for the Muslims in general is "full of hardships". This is so because non-Muslims enjoy all kinds of temptations from Satan to make them feel the temporary "joys" in this world and forget the eternal blessings of Paradise that Allah will reward to those who sacrifice for His Sake. This is one of the realities of life that everyone needs to know as the Prophet r said in the following authentic Ahadth:

Anas ibn Malik t narrated that Allah's Messenger r said, "The Paradise is surrounded by hardships and the Hell-Fire is surrounded by temptations." (Muslim 6778)

Abu Hurairaht narrated that Allah's Messenger r said, "The world is a prison-house for a believer and Paradise for a non-believer." (Muslim 7058)

We need to know and understand the above prophetic teachings in order to be patient and earn Allah's rewards in the eternal world to come. We need to realize that going to Paradise is not that easy as Allah the Almighty will try us with our health, wealth, children, and the like. However, let us remember that whatever suffering or burden we may have will just be temporary as this world is merely temporary. In addition, the burden that we encounter is for sure within our ability. We can bear any sort of trial that may befall upon us as Allah the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful says:

"... no burden do We place on any soul but that which it can bear; whenever you speak, speak justly even if a near relative is concerned; and fulfill the Covenant of Allah: thus does He command you that you may remember." (Qur'an 6:152)

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'Remote' written in?