Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed
Rank Image
dunya
Unspecified
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 30th March 2005 19:26
Mis-using MSN

I begin in the name of Allah Most Gracious Most Merciful,

This post is specifically directed at MSN users. To be more precise I am referring to the chatting between non-mehram men and women that takes place on MSN. Or to be more exact, the chatting between men and women (who can marry) that takes place out of mere pleasure and which is not necessary.

It is a plain fact and you all must be aware of it. To speak to a non-mehram man or woman, in particular on MSN (without a necessity) is islamically not right. The reason why I have targetted the usage of MSN is because this has become the most common and easiest form of prohibited communication bewteen men and women that is taking place.

Having a conversation on MSN between a non-mehram man or woman (without a necessity) is zina. Yes this is such a strong word and you may object at such a word being used. But readers, this is no extreme way of putting it, it is a fact whether we approve of it or not. Chatting on MSN to a non-mehram for ones own pleasure is commiting zina of the hands, eyes as well as the mind. How? You may ask. Zina of the hands is commited when one types in a message to send to the person they are chatting to. Zina of the eyes is reading any message from the person and lastly zina of the mind is thinking about the person.

Readers, read carefully about how seriously zina affects ones imaan. It is said that whilst one is commiting zina, Imaan- the most precious thing a muslim can possess- is taken away from the person. God forbid, if one was to die in the state of commiting zina, what do you think would be the status of their imaan?

However let me stress, I do not wish to dishearten any of you. If you have used MSN or are using it for the purpose of chatting to guys/girls whom you are not suppose to, then this is your chance to repent and seek forgiveness. Allah سبحانه وتعالى is the most merciful and truly you shall be forgiven if your repentance is sincere. However, also remember that you must make the intention of not continuing with this sinful act in future.

To put it simply, this MSN chatting with non-mehram guys/girls (that takes place without a necessity) is not going to benefit us at all. Not in this world or the hereafter, but instead this sin is going to create the displeasure of Allah سبحانه وتعالى which will destroy any form of joy and satisfaction in this world and in the hereafter. Are we willing to sacrifice our personal, false pleasure for the pleasure of our Lord? Are we willing to sacrifice our temporary pleasure for eternal bliss in Paradise?

I shall end by saying that the next time you are confronted by a non-mehram man/woman on MSN whom you must not be chatting to then control your inner, worldly desires by not responding and instantly deleeting such a person from your list. Yes, it is hard and surely you will have to struggle for it but keep in mind that this sacrifice is solely for your own benefit.

Jazakallah for taking you time out to read, it now lies upon yourselves whether you choose to practice upon what has been said.

from ummati.blogspot.com

May Allah سبحانه وتعالى reward Ummati for this great article
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
dunya
Unspecified
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 30th March 2005 19:30
salam

erm...is this in the right section? I kind of put it here cuz its an article BUT its an opinion 2, so would it go under ppls say?

Wassalam.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 30th March 2005 22:29
Salam,

I have to go with No to msn. Unless a person is strong and strict in rules to use it for the right purpose like many on list masha-Allah, I think everyone should choose 'No'

At the least till they feel they will keep Islam in mind.
No post ratings
Rank Image
dunya
Unspecified
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 31st March 2005 22:04
Salam,

May ALLAH reward ummati, words that needed 2 b said and a long time coming I think.
When I read this I was like Subhanallah!
ppl probably think its innocent but the thought of dying in a state of zina is just 'Ya Allah'!!!!
I mean all those years praying, fasting trying to remain on the sirat al mustakeem gone down the drain!

Personally, sisters if u've got any brothers on ur MSN, PLZ,PLZ, PLZ block em or delete them! And the same for brothers. Honestly, its hard 2 fight ur nafs, u'll probably think na im not going 2 chat to him but b4 u know it...

Shaytaan looks for any way he can get us, if not one way then he will get us another. I think its all about fighting ur nafs and pleasing ur lord.

I went to a discussion at Azizye mosque recently, and there was a discussion on the harms of modern technology...this is one of them!

Wa Allahu Alam
No post ratings
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 10th April 2005 16:38
The question would be now: What is necessary en what is not? You would be suprised if you looked at the conversations between pious men and women.
No post ratings
Rank Image
dunya
Unspecified
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd April 2005 23:25
Salam,

Personally I dont think any msning wiv a bro or sis non-mahram 2u is necessary, I mean we all know that when two members of the opposite gender are alone, the third is the shaytaan. So I dont think its necessary.

And we need 2 rememba that its not jus msn, its txting n the whole lot.

Shaytaan, will look 4 any way 2 drag u along 2 jahanam wiv him, if ur salah n everyfink else is intact he will play on ur weaknesses n b4 u know it, uv walked down the path of no return. I think its more of a prob, with uni n college guys n gals.

Wassalam
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 16th May 2005 15:40
Asalamualaykum

... Like you put for MSN the same applies for forums , etc

JAzakumullahu khayr
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 17th May 2005 00:04
whats the poll question.. it says 'what do you think?' .

do you mean 'what do you think about broz n sisz chatting', or about whether we shud use msn altogether?
No post ratings
Rank Image
dunya
Unspecified
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 17th May 2005 13:53
Salam,

I agree with Br. Abu Salah, its not restricted to just MSN, forums included.

Salam Sister X, the poll question is asking What you think about Bros and Sisters chattin on MSN. Sorry if it wasn't clear. :)

Jazakhallah

Wassalam
No post ratings
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 9th October 2005 22:28
I think the sister who aired her view has done a right thing, people will not want to admit it, but talking to non mehrems on a one to one basis can have many implications and can lead to Zinah. if there is 2 of you talking the 3rd one is the devil and he is the one putting ideas and thoughts in your heads and telling you everything is alright and you are not doing anything wrong.

No post ratings
Rank Image
leicester
Unspecified
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 18th October 2005 17:23
sallaam i never is use msn and talk to boys
No post ratings
Rank Image
leicester
Unspecified
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 19th October 2005 17:07
i no alot of people dat miss use msn
No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What shape is the red shape ('round' is not a shape)?