Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Sisters attending musjids

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
UK
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 1st November 2006 23:26
I heard about that too.. Astaghfirullah.. May Allah give them Hidaayah
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 1st November 2006 23:36
Daywalk3r wrote:
sister musIimah 119 i think everyone here are on agreement that women shouId not make it a habit of praying their saIaats in their IocaI musjids at aII but pray at home it shouId onIy be for the odd sister or odd occasion where theres a need for her to do so.

i am one who does not mind sisters reading there namaz in mosque BUT like i said before it should be pointed out with modesty and not with documentaries being shown on tv about it........i KNOW its better for women to read at home because i have read so much about it and i totally disagree with the sisters who make it out to look like that they are trying to gain equality (it comes across like this to non muslims) when really the issue here is salaat itself and not where it should be or can be read..........modesty something which is dissapearing very quick from what i am seeing and hearing and reading.

AstaghfirULLAH al azeem we have children being made shaheed......the Holy quran being changed and distributed....madrassa's / mosques being attacked and then we have sisters throwing there weight about over where namaz should be read....concentrate more on hoping it be's accepted than where it read.

*not having a go at anyone but i am really fed up as the ummah is already in a state and we have sisters adding to injury by showing themselves up and the whole ummah on tv

jazakALLAH
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Unspecified
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd November 2006 09:39
In this day and age, females attending mosques leads to fitna (as stated in one Hadith). When i was at uni i had to attend a mosque i did not usually frequent due to the timing of the lectures. This mosque allowed women to attend. I am not exaggerating when i say that i once saw a guy chatting up a girl DURING Jumma Khutba ! Let us not kid ourselves, for some this is just an excuse to intermingle with the opposite sex.
No-one seems to have mentioned the differences in the salaat of males and females. The postures adopted in qiyaam and sujood are different, as the salaat of the females is to be humble. Similarly, the salaat performed by a female in her house is better than that performed in her courtyard, and the salaat performed in the back room is better than in the front room and the salaat performed in a dark corner is better than that performed elsewhere etc.
I was told that even the salaat performed in the hotel room is equivalent to salaat performed in the Haramain Sharifain
No post ratings
Rank Image
DuNyA
Sister
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd November 2006 09:55
Quote:

The Prophet in an authentic Hadith is reported to have said: "A salah in my Musjid is better than 1000 salah in any other musjid except for Musjid al-Haram." Please do consult the Ulama whether your not attending salah in the Haramain is the best thing to do - a single salah in Al-Haram Al-Makki is worth 100,000 more!
And Allah Knows Best!

the question has already been asked. you get the same reward as praying in your hotel room. my only reason for praying in a secluded place is purely for all the pushing and shoving done by both sexes. in makkah, in ladies section, men are present there. i have witnessed this many times. however, in madina, the seclusion is more strict.

daywalk3r is correct in what he said. there should be a small room made available for women. incase of travellers etc. or if need be by others.

No post ratings
Rank Image
DuNyA
Sister
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd November 2006 09:57
Quote:

the question has already been asked. you get the same reward as praying in your hotel room.

sorry. i should have made it more clear for all to understand. this question was asked regarding women. NOT MEN.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd November 2006 10:51
i'm really glad this issue has been dealt with and answered from the knowledge and views from our respected ulema, i was wondering which way it was going to end, but no, our muftisay users have been granted much intellect and righteousness. Alhamdulillah
No post ratings
Unspecified
Unspecified
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd November 2006 11:24
Assalamoalaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaatuh

It's a strange state of affairs when you have to question your intention so deeply so as to distinguish whether your attendance of salaah in the haramain is for your own pleasure, or Allah's. To think that it could even be a nafsaani act boggles the mind. But in truth, there is most certainly an element of personal pleasure in performing salaah in the haramain. The beauty of the recitation, the sense of unity with the ummah, the beauty and grandeur of the masjid itself. If our decision was based purely on the reward factor, it would be quite clear to see that the reward of avoiding fitnah must exceed that of performing a ritual. Just as one of the best deeds is avoiding sin.

It takes a very strong muslimah to relinquish such an opportunity and choose to perform her salaah within the hotel room for fear of the fitnah which lies in the weak ummah of today.

I have immense admiration for the sisters who have this strength, and I pray that Allah will give me the same when I go for hajj later this year, insha Allah. Or even more pleasing to me, would be that I be protected from the fitnah whilst still being able to attend the masaajid... is that my nafs talking ? I suspect so.

But we must acknowledge the correlation between sacrifice and reward. The sacrifice made by those who pray in the hotel by choice will, insha Allah be rewarded many times over. It is most certainly a reflection of the depth of their love for righteousness.

However, on the topic in general, i.e. the right of women to attend the masjid, I must agree with the goal (NOT the goals as outlined by the participants of that outrage), which is to provide the facility whilst discouraging regular attendance. I think that if a truly wise panel of masjid committee members were to openly address this issue and make it clear to the women that if they were to provide facilites, the purpose would be to ensure that salaah is not missed needlessly, then there would be significant benefit in this for the ummah. Strict conditions should be placed on the female attendees, such as:

• discreetness of entry and exit
  • modesty of clothing (uncompromised - full, loose jabbah and scarf, no make-up)
  • adherence to standard masjid etiquette (using the masjid for ibaadah and study ONLY)
  • Responsibility for the maintenance of the designated area (to be taken on by all users)

Allahu Alam

Fee amaanillah

Wassalaam

No post ratings
Rank Image
Stamford Hill
Sister
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd November 2006 12:39
Women should of course pray at home it's the best safe and secure place for them. Very important point brother Daywalk3r picked up those passing sisters who have come to an area where they know no one but need a place to pray. Where should they pray because there is no praying facility for women the prayer becomes kaaza. It is understandable some mosques don't have the space to accommodate women. But I think each borough should have at least have one mosque which does accommodates for women. See when I go up to east London (tower Hamlets) I'm not worried my prayer going kazza as I know Whitechapel Mosque is not far to pray and they do have separate entrance. But of course women should not make it an obligatory to have to pray 5 times day in the mosque.

I heard they were from a group called Hizb-ut-tahrir who was on channel 4 programme the other day. As some distant family wore boosting about it who belong to that group!!

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd November 2006 19:09
yes i agree with all of the above. in short the conditions laid down by mufti adam in the last few paragraphs of his article for those who need to pray in the musjid i.e travellers and NOT in ANY way make it ok for sisters to pray in musjids on a regular basis. - those sisters on that program with their Gucci sunglasses un'all were well out of order in the way they went about it!!

But like i said before outside salaat times sister facilities should be made available at places such as musjids to learn deen. This is the same nasiyaat molana yusuf motala saab has been giving to the female aaalimahs who are becoming fariq. Also like i said before mufti saeed and mufti yasin has said this. Also molana saleem dhorat if you look at his new dawah academy plans his has a totally segregated section for women (with completely different entrances) so they can also learn. - but soooo many guji musjids cant seem to get this through their heads even with prominent ulama likes this telling them.!

yes i agree that people should concentrate on the kushoo and quzoo on salaat. if only this was fixed i'm sure the ummah wont be in the mess they are in now. as if salaat is correct then inshallah our lifes would be correct. but with all respect this aint what the topics about

No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What is the word in green?