Topic Appreciation
Taqwah
1 guest appreciates this topic.
Rank Image
UK
Sister
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 8th November 2007 21:01

rujie wrote:
Yep thats the sahabi I'm referring to Dahyya Qalbi who buried his daughter at time of Jahiliyah.
My uncle told me his story a few weeks ago after he heard it in a bayhan, about Allah forgave all his pass sins?

asalamualikum.w.w.

the beauty of entering islam is such that it wipes away the sins like a new born baby who ahs never sinned. Alhumdulillah!

wasalaam

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 6th June 2014 02:59
The Incident of 'Umar Burying his Daughter Alive

Once 'Umar (Radhiyallahu 'Anhu) was sitting with his companions when all of a sudden he started to laugh after which he began to cry. Those around him asked him, "What made you laugh after which you cried?" He replied," During the days of Jāhiliyyah (ignorance), we usedgrave to make idols out of dates which we would worship and when we would get hungry we would eat them! Remembering this made me laugh. As for my crying, one day, I took my daughter to a field to bury her alive. As I was digging the grave, some dust fell on my beard. My daughter saw this and wiped the dust off my beard. Remembering this made me cry."[1]

However, there are some fundamental flaws in this narration.

Firstly, this story has not been recorded by any reliable source.[2] The names of the children of Umar (Radhiyallahu 'Anhum) are well documented. However, there is no mention of a daughter that he buried alive.

Secondly, it was not the custom of Hazrat 'Umar's tribe to bury their daughters alive. Moreover, Hafsah (Radhiyallahu 'Anha), who was born five years before Rasūlullah's (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) prophet hood, was his eldest daughter but was not buried alive.[3] It would not make sense that Hazrat 'Umar (Radhiyallahu 'Anhu) buried a younger daughter when he did not do the same with his eldest daughter.

Thirdly, it is mentioned in al-Mu'jam al-Kabir of Tabrānī that 'Umar (Radhiyallahu 'Anhu) was asked regarding the verse of the Quran,

(وإذا الموؤدة سئلت (التكوير

'Umar replied, "Qays bin 'Asim (Radhiyallahu 'Anhu) came to Rasūlullah (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) and said, "During the days of ignorance, I buried eight of my daughters alive." Rasūlullah (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) told him, "Free one slave on behalf of every daughter." Qays bin Asim said, "I possess many camels." Therefore, Rasūlullah (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) said, "If you wish, sacrifice one camel on behalf of each daughter."[4]

It is important to note that if the incident you refer to had actually occurred, then 'Umar(Radhiyallahu 'Anhu) would have replied to the questioner by mentioning his own personal experience instead of narrating the incident of Qays bin 'Asim(Radhiyallahu 'Anhu).

In view of the above explanation, the incident in reference is questionable and should not be mentioned.

And Allah Ta'āla Knows Best

Muntasir Zaman

Student Darul Iftaa
USA

Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.
+10 -0Like x 6Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 6th June 2014 04:22
"I buried my daughter ALIVE!" | EMOTIONAL

Youtube Video
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 9th November 2014 11:38
This story is a fabrication of the Shi`a Kuffaar. They had fabricated it in a miserably failed attempt at denigrating the personality of Ameer-ul-Mu'mineen Hadhrat `Umar ibn al-Khattaab Radhiyallaahu `Anhu.

Needless to say, it did not work.

Was-Salaam.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 9th November 2014 12:15
-Huzaifah- wrote:
View original post

The Shia would do many things to degrade the Sunni Muslims, but the act was done before Islam and before he had entered Islam.

The story is well documented with references and is not a Shia fabrication.

Edit: Please see my posts below too!
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 9th November 2014 12:24
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I disagree on "well documented with references". See post #17.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 9th November 2014 12:30
Jazakallah.

I've heard this incident from Shaykhul Hadith as well as other Ulama before. Khair maybe I am wrong as the Ulama do tend to narrate all sorts.

:)
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 9th November 2014 13:09

I'm glad i came across this topic. I always thought it was Hazrat 'Umar radhiyallaahu 'anhu as well

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 9th November 2014 13:31
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

If you would like some Dalaa'il respected Maulana, then here is the view of Darul Uloom Deoband on the issue:

(Click the link below.)

i69.photobucket.com/albums/i72/khanbaba21/Burried.gif

(A brief translation for those who do not know Urdu):

Question: "The Shi`as say that prior to Islaam, Hadhrat `Umar Radhiyallaahu `Anhu buried his daughter alive."

[Questioner: Sa`d Khan.]

Answer: "This is a baseless, erroneous statement. Those who say it should bring forth their proof."

[Answered by: Mufti Kafeel-ur-Rahmaan.

Verified by: Mufti Habeeb-ur-Rahmaan and Mufti Zhafeer-ud-Deen.]

Daar-ul-Iftaa, Daar-ul-Uloom Deoband.
+4 -0Like x 2Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 9th November 2014 13:35
So we will state the same.

You know the Hadeeth, Muhtaram Maulana:

البيّنة على المدّعي واليمين على المدّعى عليه

"The onus of proof is upon the claimant."

Hence, those venturing the (false and ridiculous) claim that Hadhrat `Umar ibn al-Khattaab Radhiyallaahu `Anhu had buried his daughter alive, should present their Dalaa'il from the authentic Kutub of Taareekh.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 9th November 2014 13:59
-Huzaifah- wrote:
View original post

Jazakallah Maulana. Don't worry I'm not disregarding your post.

Also, I'm not an alim, so I'll take your word for it and accept the Daleel.

Please stick around as we could do with people of knowledge.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 9th November 2014 14:11
Maulana, You stated that...

Quote:
This story is a fabrication of the Shi`a Kuffaar. They had fabricated it in a miserably failed attempt at denigrating the personality of Ameer-ul-Mu'mineen Hadhrat `Umar ibn al-Khattaab Radhiyallaahu `Anhu.

Needless to say, it did not work.

Did they really fail? So many Ulama mention this incident as well as so many lay people. Have the Shia actually been successful in this case?

It is very sad that so many fabricated stories are out there AND spread by our very own Ulama. Isn't this a major issue, isn't this dangerous?

Why do our Ulama mention this?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 9th November 2014 17:40
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Did they succeed in lowering the status of Ameer-ul-Mu'mineen in the eyes of any Muslim? No.

That is what I mean, akhi.

Despite their having invented this lie and spread it amongst even `Ulamaa of Ahlus Sunnah, they "failed miserably" in their heinous motive of lowering the status of Hadhrat `Umar ibn al-Khattaab Radhiyallaahu `Anhu.

Allaah Ta`aalaa Himself protects the honour of Sahaabah-e-Kiraam. No Shi`a Kaafir has or ever will succeed in lowering that Maqaam granted by Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta`aalaa.

Even if I hadn't made mention that the narration is fabricated by the Shi`as, the Muslims here would have loved Hadhrat `Umar Radhiyallaahu `Anhu anyway.

Isn't it?

So we say, the Shi`as have failed.
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
London
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 9th November 2014 17:42
Alhumdulillah. They have failed in the Dunya and the Aakhira.

Jazakallah Maulana. Agreed :)
+1 -0Like x 1
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2016 05:29
Taqwah wrote:
View original post

Dihyah/Dahyya Ibn Qalbi (Arabic: دحية الكلبى‎, Dihyat ul-Kalbi) and Qays bin Asim

Tabarani points to one of the Sahaba, Umar

863 حدثنا عَبْدَانُ بن أَحْمَدَ ثنا الْحُسَيْنُ بن مَهْدِيٍّ الأُبُلِّيُّ ثنا عبد الرَّزَّاقِ أنا إِسْرَائِيلُ ثنا سِمَاكُ بن حَرْبٍ قال سَمِعْتَ النُّعْمَانَ بن بَشِيرٍ يقول سمعت عُمَرَ بن الْخَطَّابِ يقول وَسُئِلَ عن قَوْلِهِ وإذا الموؤودة سئلت قال جاء قَيْسُ بن عَاصِمٍ إلى رسول اللَّهِ صلى اللَّهُ عليه وسلم قال إني وَأَدَتُ ثَمَانِيَ بناتٍ لي في الْجَاهِلِيَّةِ قال اعتق عن كل وَاحِدَةٍ منها رَقَبَةً قلت إني صَاحِبُ إِبِلٍ قال اهْدِ إن شِئْتَ عن كل وَاحِدَةٍ مِنْهُنَّ بَدَنَةً .
الطبراني، ابوالقاسم سليمان بن أحمد بن أيوب (متوفى360هـ)، المعجم الكبير، ج 18 ص 337، تحقيق: حمدي بن عبدالمجيد السلفي، ناشر: مكتبة الزهراء - الموصل، الطبعة: الثانية، 1404هـ – 1983م.

Nau'man bin Bashir says that I heard Umar saying in regards to tafsir of this verse «وإذا الموؤودة سئلت» that Qais bin Asim asked Holy Prophet asws that I had buried 8 of my daughters in era of ignorance, what should I do? He asws replied: Free one slave for one Daughter. I (Umar) asked: I am having Camels, what should i do? He asws replied: Give one camel for one daughter
[Mau'jam Kabeer, Tabarani, 18/337]

Haithimi says about this narration
رواه البزار والطبراني ورجال البزار رجال الصحيح غير حسين بن مهدي الأيلي وهو ثقة .
Û”
الهيثمي، ابوالحسن نور الدين علي بن أبي بكر (متوفاى 807 هـ)، مجمع الزوائد ومنبع الفوائد، ج 7 ص 134 ، ناشر: دار الريان للتراث/‏ دار الكتاب العربي - القاهرة، بيروت – 1407هـ.
Narrated by Bazaar and tabarani, and narrators of Bazaar are all thiqa except Husseinb Mahdi, and he is thiqa
[Majma uz Zawaid, 7/134]
No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'ABC' written in?