Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

English Quran

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 26th January 2018 12:41
Was wondering if anyone could help. I’m looking for an English translation Quran. I read Fatawas many years ago that translation qurans also had to have Arabic Text as to prevent contamination in translation. I’m unsure if this is still the case. As I’ve noticed a shift in fatawas according to present time and circumstances.

Bearing this in mind I’m looking for an English transcript which uses very basic and simple English, more child like or child friendly, although it is for an adult. The level of English needs to be very simple to avoid any misunderstanding or confusion.

Please feel free to post any links that I may be able to purchase from. Must be authentic and reliable copy.

JazakAllah
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 26th January 2018 12:47
Maripat wrote:
View original post

+1 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 26th January 2018 12:49
I personally like this one
www.azharacademy.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=1746

The meanings of the Noble Quran with explanatory notes by Mufti Muhammad Taqi 'Uthmani. Complete Set in 1 Volume.

A new English translation of the meanings of the Qur'an by one of the most eminent scholars of our time, Mufti Muhammad Taqi 'Uthmani.

Mufti Muhammad Taqi 'Uthmani had previously supervised the English translation of Ma'ariful Qur'an. But this translation and brief explanatory notes have been rewritten entirely.

None of the popular English translations of the Qur'an were done by a scholar in traditional Islamic sciences. Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani, a renowned Islamic scholar who has been involved in studying and teaching Islamic sciences for more than half a century, has now filled this void.

A brief introduction of each surah has been added wherever necessary. The respected author has also added explanatory notes to facilitate understanding of the text for the common reader.

The text is in a 3 colour format on quality paper. Produced in a beautiful binding.

Mufti Taqi 'Uthmani is one of the leading Islamic scholars living today. Author of more than 40 books, he is an expert in the fields of Islamic law, Economics and Hadith. For the past 35 years, he has been teaching at the Darul-Uloom in Karachi that was established by his father Mufti Muhammad Shafi, the late Grand Mufti of Pakistan. He also holds a degree in law and has sat as Judge at the Shari'ah Appellate Bench of the Supreme Court of Pakistan. He is a consultant to several international Islamic financial institutions and has played a key part in the move toward interest free banking and the establishment of Islamic financial institutions. He is the deputy chairman of the Jeddah based Islamic Fiqh Council of the Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC).

Author: Mufti Muhammad Taqi Uthmani
Publisher: Maktaba Ma'ariful Qur'an
Pages: 1264
Size: 25 x 19 cm (approx)
Weight: 1530(Gram)
£20.00
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 26th January 2018 15:30
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Both posts are really helpful. I use to have volume 1 of maariful Quran from the full set in English. I will go and check the level of English on this copy. It is concise and one complete copy which is helpful.
Alhamdulillah, JazakAllah
+0 -0Ameen x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 26th January 2018 19:58
Yes that's the problem with translations of Quran and even books like fazil e amal. The English used in some translations is not understood by many , as it may be old English or using high level words that many don't understand.

This is from Ml. Bilal Ansari:
Quote:

In my opinion, the most superior translation that has been published to date is the translation of Shaykh Ahmad Zaki Hammad, entitled The Gracious Qur’an. I know, you are probably wondering why I didn’t pick my own dear Ustadh’s (Mufti Taqi Uthmani) recently published translation. Well, pick up The Gracious Qur’an and read through some of the passages. It will speak for itself.

The wording is precise, the flow is great, the language is not archaic, filler words are added using corner brackets so as not to interrupt the flow, etc… The book is not easy to find in many places, but it is definitely worth the cost. In my humble opinion, unless something more solid comes along (which I highly doubt, given that over two decades of toil were put into this translation by one of the top scholars of the Qur’an and language of our time), this translation will become a standard not only in academic circles but also amongst the common Muslim. (Now if only they could come out with a cheaper edition that everyone could easily buy… The price for the one-volume parallel translation edition is around $60).

www.google.com/amp/s/bilalaliansari.com/2012/09/03/the-gr...

I don't think there is an English only version.
Last time I checked there was a cheaper paperback version available. I don't really fancy the layout with Arabic in one and half and English on the other.
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 26th January 2018 20:34
Mawlānā Bilal Ali Ansari recommends the translation titled The Gracious Quran translated by Dr. Ahmad Zaki Hammad. He writes about why he prefers this translation here. Mawlānā Bilal also compares it to Quraan Made Easy (warning: 1 GB file), translated under the supervision of Muftī Afzal Hoosen Elias, in this comment.

The former is described as a more lucid translation and only contains enough bracketed comments to understand the basic meaning of the verses. It can be purchased from here. The latter has more detailed explanatory notes within the text in parentheses (I guess you guys call them "round brackets"). It can be purchased from here. Alternatively, there is a free Kindle version available here.
+3 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 26th January 2018 23:16
samah wrote:
View original post

Just downloaded and checked the free kindle version. Can’t buy it on amazon because it’s free to download. It is for someone else so it has to be a hard copy. Also the English isn’t academically challenging which is great. Alhamdulillah. JazakAllah
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 26th January 2018 23:32
It’s difficult for the younger generation they can’t relate to the high level of English used. It is easier for them to read the variety of bibles available due to the basic English.

Churches accept all forms and types of people especially those that are troubled by alcoholism, drugs, homelessness etc Regardless of whatever condition they turn up in they are loved and accepted.

It is a worrying situation, we are very far behind. Allah knows best, may he continue to help the ummah, because we are nowhere within our own capacity. Aameen
+1 -0Ameen x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 26th January 2018 23:51
Taalibah wrote:
View original post

Yes the point of a translation is that those reading it can understand the language being used. If the translation is using language of a high level, then those who didn't do so well at school, and others, like those from India living in the west , would get frustrated reading and listening to such translations. Perhaps someone should even come up with some children translations, so children can understand sura fatiha etc. In very very simple language.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 27th January 2018 00:24
Concerned wrote:
View original post

Absolutely, the madressas need a rethink. Stories from the Quran is vital. Just as much as learning and reciting the Quran in Arabic. it would add to the beauty of the Quran if children grew up understanding what they were reciting they would form a lifelong connection to the Quran.

How often we hear to follow the Quran and sunnah. Can’t have one without the other. Alhamdulillah
No post ratings
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 27th January 2018 01:01
Taalibah wrote:
View original post

Taalibah wrote:
Can’t buy it on amazon because it’s free to download. It is for someone else so it has to be a hard copy.

Sorry, didn't understand what you meant above. You're unable to purchase the hard copy of the Muftī AH Elias translation?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 27th January 2018 07:46
samah wrote:
View original post

Sorry i meant is their a link to buy the same copy that’s available on the kindle app?

Yes the following
Quran made easy
Project Ameer: Mufti Afzal Hoosen Elias
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 27th January 2018 07:56
samah wrote:
View original post

JazakAllah brother, I found the one I was looking for. It was in one of the links you posted too I think. Got confused between the different copies in the links.

Found this place if anyone else is interested it’s about £10 a copy. Probably be bit more with postage it’s in uk. Alhamdulillah

darulkutub.co.uk/index.php?main_page=contact_us&zenid=1vp...
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd March 2018 13:18
Nice work
IMG_20180323_091341_388.JPG
Downloads: 185
    [80.00 kB]
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 25th March 2018 21:04
No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What part of the day is the background image (it's not day)?