Topic Appreciation
Appreciate
The following members appreciate this topic: dr76
Islaahi Advices
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd January 2018 16:50
Saying “Assalamu Alaikum” when you greet a fellow Muslim was a command of Nabi ﷺ. He also told us that it will grow love in our hearts for each other and our sins will be forgiven. Therefore, it is an act of worship. For any form of worship, sincerity is required. In Salam, sincerity can be defined as saying Salam to everyone you come across. To limit it to just the people you know is to resort this act of worship to a social, rather than a religious greeting.

This happens when we lose focus of our ultimate goal – to please Allah. Thus, we pick and choose, opting to say Salam to greet friends but not the local musalli (brother at the Masjid) or other Muslims in our area. Or we walk right past other Muslims without saying a word. This is a sign of insincerity. Even if they are strangers to us, they are still our brothers and sisters in Islam. Thus, sincerity is to spread Salam to all and sundry, not just those we are familiar with.

May Allah make us sincere, Aameen.

— Hazrat Ml. Dawood Seedat حفظه الله

Above is an article taken from www.islaahiadvices.com. It is an extract from Hazrat’s talk on 02/10/17 in Masjid-ut-Taqwa, Pietermaritzburg. To listen to the full talk, please click here.
report post quote code quick quote reply
Like x 1
Site Support
Please DONATE generously towards Muftisays

We spend hundreds of hours ensuring you receive a quality service from this site. We do not fall into the advertisement schemes as all the ads contain elements of Haraam including Haraam Islamic links. Please consider setting up a £1 monthly donation. May Allah (swt) reward you.

dr76
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 5th January 2018 20:01
(salam)

I think its amongst signs of last days that people shall cease to greet strangers..

The problem i think is mostly Kibr and Ta'assub when people deliberately do not wish salaam or refuse to Reply..

Ta'assub i saw openly while in Jamaat.. when we were routed in a thick Barelwi locality.. i said salaam to an elderly man with white beard and long cap.. he saw me and turned his face away.. it was alright.. i understood why he did that.. we dint leave them too.. wished them again and again.. Alhamdulillah the younger ones are not as much stubborn as their older folks..

The part where i get hurt is when some of our own young super twitter muftis do not reply to Salaam..
like as if we belonged to some other caste..

They would get into long deep conversations with the birds of their own kind.. and when a random person adds something.. forget responding.. not even reply to salaam.. as if they were some upper caste priests and saying salaam to them is not for the likes of us..

I was listening to a bayan of Hazrat Maulana Tariq Jameel sahab (db) yesterday and came across this interesting explanation of an Ayah by Hazrat Maulana (db)

He said Iblees declared that he shall attack the believers from front.. behind.. Left and Right..

Said that Mufassireen have explained while meaning from front .. Iblees shall stand inbetween a believer & his Aakhirah.. that he shall dissuade him from preparing for it..

From behind he means Duniya with all its glitter.. from the Left he means Vices.. Zina.. Riba.. Liqour.. etc..

And from the Right he means the Kibr of Piousness.. Which is most difficult to asses.. A believer.. pious man.. scholar may succeed in safeguarding himself from front.. back and left.. but is not aware of the attack from Right..

Maulana then quoted a few instances of how Allah سبحانه وتعالى disgraced those so called pious who looked lowly at sinners even ridiculing them..

I read somewhere that Hazrat Hasan Basri (rah) ( or may be some other Buzurg) would deliberately go through markets just to wish salaam to people..

May Allah سبحانه وتعالى give Hidaya to us all... Ameen..

duas..

wa Assalam..
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Back to top Post New Topic Reply

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What letters are in the word in blue?