Topic Appreciation
Appreciate
The following members appreciate this topic: abu mohammed
Maripat
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2017 12:25
This thread is part of my Encroachment Theory paradigm.

If you do not guard your life space there are bound to be encroachments upon it. The encroachment can be on social and cultural sector or economic, commercial and business space and economy. It could be political or military.

Today we are living in that era where there is near complete encroachment of Muslim life space.

In this thread I want to talk about western encroachment upon our scientific and technological space.

Brothers and sisters are welcome to contribute.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Site Support
Please DONATE generously towards Muftisays

We spend hundreds of hours ensuring you receive a quality service from this site. We do not fall into the advertisement schemes as all the ads contain elements of Haraam including Haraam Islamic links. Please consider setting up a £1 monthly donation. May Allah (swt) reward you.

Maripat
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2017 12:41
The European Dark Ages

When Muslims were at the peak of their scientific achievements the Europe was passing through her dark age - as admitted by themselves. Anyone indulging in scientific or philosophical speculation invited extremely serious trouble from the Church.

Islam, on the other hand, does not put restrictions on science.

It is strange that the west today tries very perniciously to slap the similar charges of suffocating science on Muslim world. If we Muslims will not refute this mischief then who will.

Let us get it clear that Muslim science reached its zenith in Spain and it is the west, Spanish Reconquista, that destroyed that branch of Islamic civilization completely and thoroughly.

I wish my brothers and sisters were working on other aspects of the Encroachment Theory so that I personally could focus on this aspect dealing with science and technology.

But we Muslims are our worst enemies in this matter too. Rather than payinh sufficient attention to the importance of science and technology we, particularly our clergy, is busy overtime disparaging the uses and importance of science and technology in life. One of the argument that I often get from the theological sector that science and technology is not essential for worldly progress and military matters. they say that Muslims were very advance in science in Spain yet they lost to the Spanish Inquisition.

At the moment I shall say only the following about this fallacious and silly argument. The technological explosion ensuing from science is a recent phenomenon. It is less than four hundred years old. It is merely two to three hundred years old. Modern European science is merely four hundred years old. So the military application of science, that is technology, are just that much old - two to three hundred years old. Thus the technology that is available to the west today was simply not available to the Muslims five hundred years ago. Science, even before its technological phase, is useful but not in that way as we see it in the technological phase. It is the military technology that has implications on war and the west used it to the hilt to further their agenda. They colonised us and then they resorted to economic colonialism and today we are in the complete encroachment phase.

I hope we can stuff this aspect into the brains of those people who still think that science and technology are useless in today's world and cheat Muslims of an opportunity to take their matters into their own hands.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Back to top Post New Topic Reply

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What letters are in the word in blue?