Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Respect your parents

You have contributed 14.3% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
London
Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 15th November 2005 10:56

Please take your time 2 read this story......

An old man and his son were out in the garden one day and a crow came and sat on the wall.

"Son, what is that?" asked the man.

"It's a crow" replied the son.

Few minutes later the father asked again;

"Son, what's that on the wall?"

"It' a crow replied the son rather impatiently.

A short while later the father asked again,

"Son what's that on the wall?"

"For God's sake, how many times do I have to tell you, it's a crow"

Shouted the son angrily back at his elderly father.

Calmly the father went into the house and came back with his diary.

He opened the page back to when his son was a small child.

"Son, when you were small, a crow had come and sat on the wall like today" began the father.

"You asked me 33 times as to what it was and I lovingly told you 33times that it was a crow and now I only asked you 3 times and you lostyour patience with me."

May Allah grant us all the ability to really respect our parents with our hearts. Ameen

Jazakallah.

Salaams

report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
dunya
Unspecified
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 15th November 2005 13:11
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah,

Jazakallah khair for that lesson....there is alot to dwell on...Our parents are our gate to paradise. I peray that Allh Ta'ala may bless us with the ability to please ourparents in every respect and to grasp hold of the qualities of Shukr and Sabr...

Jazakallah khair once again...it's really got me thinking about how ungrateful we can be to our parents and most of all to Allah Ta'ala who has given us the blessing of having parents who guide us in this dunya...

Duas please

Wassalam

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Unspecified
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 24th November 2005 10:57
Assalamualaykum,

I agree Mujahidah an nafs. When we were young out parents had so much patience with us, it's a shame to see how little patience we have with them.

Allah has given us so much through them and sometimes we take the smallest things for granted.

Remember me in your duaas.

Wassalam

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 25th November 2005 18:13
Asalamu'alaykum wa Rahmatullah

Sometime ago there was a week-long Islamic Retreat and amongst a few other shuyukh Shaykh Salek bin Siddina, Daamat Barkatuhu, was there; his topic was Birr Al Walidayn- Kindness to Parents. It was a ongoign 3 or 4 day segemnt at an alloted time, masha'Allah what he did was recited a poem; it was a text i believe written in Fus'haa poetry. Alhumdulillah, there was a translator, the english was Beautiful but although many of us coulg not understand the Arabic it sounded amazing, especially with Shaykh Salek reciting it.

Anyways, so Shaykh Salek would recite a few lines and add a sidenote if he wished and his translator would translate, and there came a part where Shaykh Salek was talking/reciting about how Our parents have such great status in front of Allah, in Islaam, yet we dont uphold thier status the way it should be...

The Shaykh then said something which has forever been branded in my mind...

Our parents are right after Rasulullah Sal'Allahualaihiwasalam, it is Allah, Rasulullah Sal'Allahualaihiwasalam, and then your parents. This is their status, this is where they stand, right underneath the Rasul of Allah Sal'Allahualayhiwasalam, Its a great status indeed. Their happiness has adirect connection with the Happiness of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala. When Allah is happy with you, you will notice your parents will be happy with you, when your parents are upset with you, Allah is upset with you. Keep your parents happy and insha'Allah Allah will be happy with you as well.
[Ofcourse this is within the limits of shariah]

At first it hit hard..but then when i thought about it..it seemed to hit harder...and then when you go and work on yourself; on this nafs which yearns to rebel, and you control it, and you go out of your way to make your parents happy, you see theres so much more barakah and peace in your life.. you feel it and you think back to what Shaykh Salek said and you think... its true Only Allah could bring this tranquility to us. Amazing Subhan'Allah.

The sad thing is that we never treat them with such respect, love, or care, we undermind them...Their haqq upon us is great, but we fail to be good to them, they have done so much for us yet we fail to respect them and love them and care for them as they do for us.

Indeed respecting our parents is a ticket to jannah, insha'Allah...

Shaykh Salek bin Siddin: www.zaytuna.org/teacherMore.asp?id=11

May Allah grant him Jannah inshaa'Allah... may Allah help us to strive towards a beautiful aakhirah..

duas.

Walaykumasalam warahmatullah..

No post ratings
Rank Image
dunya
Unspecified
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 25th November 2005 18:29
Wa alaikum salam,

Subhanallah, Jazakallah khair for sharing your experinence with us sis:)
Mashallah its amazing how much knowledge our Shuyukh have and the way in which they convey the hadith of our habibi wa rasulihi salalahu alyhi wasallam and ultimately the law of Allah Ta'ala..

The status of our parents being under our habib sallahu alayhi wasallam...subhanallah..

I read in spritual discourses that when your nafs tells you do something you should resist it. Imam Busiri in his burda compares the nafs to a suckling infant. The more you feed it, the more it will grow and become stronger. You should attempt to wekaen it in every instance by opposing it. When it tells you to disobey your parents, you should do the opposite, thsi is called mujahidah, struggling against ones nafs.

Although it may be hard in the first instance, if you continue to oppose the nafs, Mufti Taqi Usmani says that you will begin to dictate and take control of it, not the other way round. But its important to take the first step and oppose it no matter how hard it may be Inshallah.

Ameen wa thuma ameen to the beautiful duas sis.

Mashallah you are very lucky to have spent time in the company of the pious.

Duas needed,

Wassalam

No post ratings
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2006 17:29
asalam alaikum
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 28th June 2006 07:29
Asalamualaykum warahmatullah
Alhamdulillah indeed they are, may Allah increase them and the ulamaa of this ummah inshaAllah.

As far as going to study w/ the shuyukh in Mauritania, i wouldn't be the best person to ask, but perhaps Zaytuna.org could give you an answer/email/number etc that you can check... you can visit Zaytuna's website at: www.zaytuna.org and inquire about Shaykh Salek and the school he runs in Mauritania insha'Allah

www.zaytuna.org/contact.asp - scroll down for contact emails.

regards to the Shuyukh of Mauritania being Maliki- One would have to ask. I, however cannot comment as i'm not sure, perhaps one of the shuyukh here or members would know and can be of some help insha'Allah

Anyone?

Wayakum.
Duas.
Walaykumasalam wa rahmatullah

No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What part of the day is the background image (it's not day)?