Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Aamar Shonar Bangla (Our Golden Bengal)

Jump to page:

You have contributed 37.1% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
#121 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2020 07:05
This his good news coming Bangladeshi media:

Bangladesh is quickly moving to a high-value, knowledge-intensive society, beyond apparel manufacturing. Last year, we exported 12 industrial robots to Korea. Four ships made in Bangladesh have come to India. Recently, Reliance purchased a large quantity of refrigerators made in Bangladesh. Bangladesh also has 600,000 IT freelancers – the largest freelancing community. This all speaks to a quiet transformation where people have taken risks and faced challenges by becoming more innovative and adopting technology. It is time that global investors, particularly Indian entrepreneurs, invest in Bangladesh in areas like education, light engineering, electronics, the automotive industry and artificial intelligence – beyond the conventional menu.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
#122 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2020 07:08
Bangladesh is urbanizing fast. By 2030, 48% of our population will live in towns and cities. Most will be young, energetic and digitally connected. They will be agile, receptive to new ideas and look for new ways of creating wealth. In fact, this is already happening with over 110 million active internet subscribers in Bangladesh. By 2025, mobile internet penetration will reach 41% population. Rapid urbanization, fed by increasing consumption of electricity and more than 30 million middle class citizens, is indeed a huge market.
No post ratings
#123 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2020 07:55
No post ratings
#124 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2020 07:55
Quran: 4:135 O YOU who have attained to faith! Be ever steadfast in upholding equity, bearing witness to the truth for the sake of God, even though it be against your own selves or your parents and kinsfolk. Whether the person concerned be rich or poor, God's claim takes precedence over [the claims of] either of them. [150] Do not, then, follow your own desires, lest you swerve from justice: for if you distort [the truth], behold, God is indeed aware of all that you do!
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#125 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2020 15:57
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#126 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2020 16:26
Very weird schedule though.
+0 -0Agree x 1
#127 [Permalink] Posted on 16th February 2020 08:31
w w w dot hindustantimes dot com/columns/how-bangladesh-is-outperforming-india-opinion/story-vzMtpKyeMXc2k94IteEwVN.html

Bangladesh is growing at a rate that we in India can only envy and hope to achieve two or three years down the road. Whilst we slip below 5%, Bangladesh is racing ahead at 8%..... ......................
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#128 [Permalink] Posted on 16th February 2020 09:41
My Unpleasant Realization

I am responsible for my actions. I say that because I have come to a very unpleasant realization. Normally such stark sentiments, or rather thoughts, must be kept in heart and buried most deeply. Yet I have to state these owing to the seriousness of the problem.

I feel creation of Bangladesh was a betrayal of not only Pakistan but Islam and Muslims as well.

I suppose I have to do a long explanation. Luckily the things can be expressed in brief.

The Casus Belli, cause of war, as fed by Indira Gandhi and lapped up by the whole Islamophobic world was that Pakistan did not allow Shaikh Mujibur Rahman to become PM and instead tried to impose Urdu on Bengali speaking East Pakistan and went for not only genocide but also mass rape of women.

Urdu chauvinism, denial of democratic process and high handedness are all believable but the real extent of the same and the other allegations are that can not be taken on face value.

Indira seized the opportunity and the rest is the history. One Lakh Muslim soldiers ended up as prisoners of war and recently a friend hailing from West Bengal taunted me about this disgrace.

And then there is the constant bragging on part of Indian secular polity that 1971 proved the two nation theory wrong. according to Atal Bihari Vajpayee Indira was Durga and according to Indira herself India took revenge for one thousand years of historical wrongs committed by Muslims. And at the time of the so called liberation anniversary we hear the news about that anti-Pakistan sentiments are very much healthy, hail and hearty in Bengladesh. And worst of all the hanging of Jama-at-e-Islami Maulavis to avenge those wrong doings that only the Bangla nationalists know.

When I joined FB there were two Bengali brothers who tried to convince me that AMU was anti-Bengali.

A couple of years ago there was an IPS officer, a Bengali, who spread the the rumours that AMU takes pride for creation of Pakistan. I tried to tell him privately that if such people are there who take pride in that then such cases should not be discussed in public. He took screen shots of this discussion and pasted on the FB. A few weeks later a huge controversy descended upon AMU regarding the portrait of Jinnah in the Students Union Hall. It was very difficult for us to manage that onslaught on AMU.

About a decade ago there was a Bengali student named Adil Hosein in our university. He started a movement in the campus against the university administration and a huge discussion ensued on a discussion forum of Aligarh educated people called the AMU Network. This boy rejected all the arguments and efforts of amelioration by the Alig community. He was ex-pulsed but never yielded.

There was a very nive brother on SF and but the only comment he made about AMU was that a relative of his, a medical student, was sexually assaulted in our university. I made my inquiries but found no example of a Bengali medical student assaulted so brutally. I suppose the case was very old.

Then there was this brother NNoor on SF. Again otherwise very nice one but he became extremely nasty about one of my styles of posts.

Of course we have to bring into discussion the BD attitude towards RSS, BJP and the NDA government in centre in India today. It has been always most disgusting.

As a result of all these bits of information I am left with most dissatisfying feelings.
+1 -0
#129 [Permalink] Posted on 16th February 2020 09:53
Maripat wrote:
View original post

And today 20 crore Indian Muslims' plight is due to Pakistan's attitude and its reactions and misadventures to take revenge of Bangladesh defeat. 20 crore Muslims are caught between India and Pakistan for no fault of theirs.
No post ratings
#130 [Permalink] Posted on 16th February 2020 10:02
Quote:
Of course we have to bring into discussion the BD attitude towards RSS, BJP and the NDA government in centre in India today. It has been always most disgusting.

Whether it is UPA or NDA, BD attitude is same for both. How can we expect a poor country frequently visited by natural disasters to take any independent view like Malaysia. And we know our pious Arab monarchs are under influence of witchcraft (Sihr) done by present Indian govt.
+0 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#131 [Permalink] Posted on 16th February 2020 21:49

Maripat wrote:
View original post

Professor Saheb,

There are several things from the history which you should note.

Firstly, the British knew that East Pakistan would be a lame duck (with over 1000 miles of hostile Indian territory) in the middle of two parts of Pakistan so there were serious considerations given to a "United Bengal" as the 3rd country in the subcontinent, so the 3 parts would have been:

1. India
  2. Pakistan
  3. United Bengal

Calcutta would have been the capital of "United Bengal" and this was NEVER going to be acceptable to Hindus. This partition of India would have been meant ample mix of Hindus and Muslims in all 3 countries which no part having dominance.

Due to not have having a "United Bengal", you are left with India and Pakistan with refugee movements and solidification of Hindutva.

East Pakistan was NEVER going to last and it did not.

However, what is a fine testament of Bangali tilt to Islam is that despite India pouring all resources into carving off East Pakistan, it became an Islamic country instead of a subservient part of "Bengal". This is a serious point to note! Bangladeshis have a common culture, language etc with Bengal (India) BUT they chose Islam! First thing they did after 1971 is FORCED Indian Military out of their country.

There are two distinct phases in the history of Bangladesh which are Pre-2015 and Post-2015.

Pre-2015 there was a genuine Pro-India tilt in Bangladesh. Narendra Modi has destroyed it.

People of Pakistan DID and STILL consider Bangalees to be their little brothers, note the coverage of U19 Cricket World cup (last week) and see how it is covered in Pakistan.

Pakistan and Pakistanees did not say "Bangladesh won the U19 Cricket World Cup"...they said

"Little Brother beat India"

The military relationship from Pakistan and Bangladesh has always been FANTASTIC as Bangladesh Armed forces have their DNA in Pakistan. After Modi and the Rohingya crisis even the most sombre Pro-Indians like Sheikh Hasina have realised their tactical limitations. Sheikh Hasina is Pro-India because India gave her refuge but now she is subservient to the Bangladesh military which has excellent relationship with Pakistan.

The people of Bangladesh have also changed since 2015 and there is 100% Pro-Pakistan tilt due to Islam. The youngsters in Bangladesh & India are changing and becomes more and more Islamic.

Modi has done for Islam what I could not dream was possible, Alhumdolillah! Modi has proven the two nation theory (Hindus vs Muslims) in Indian and Bangladeshi Muslims. 

The key difference between India and Bangladesh is that "Deobandees" in India were Pro-India and Anti-Pakistan while Jamaat-e-Islami and Deobandees in Bangladesh were always and are Pro-Pakistan.

I am genuinely concerned about Indian Muslims and not Muslims of Bangladesh because they are on the right track while Indian Muslims still need to wake up to the realities.

+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#132 [Permalink] Posted on 17th February 2020 04:40
Anonymous wrote:
View original post

Quote:
And today 20 crore Indian Muslims' plight is due to Pakistan's attitude and its reactions and misadventures to take revenge of Bangladesh defeat. 20 crore Muslims are caught between India and Pakistan for no fault of theirs.

Brother most, if not all, Hindus of India want us to hate Pakistan. It seems that you too want the same. Why?

Anonymous wrote:
View original post

Quote:

Whether it is UPA or NDA, BD attitude is same for both. How can we expect a poor country frequently visited by natural disasters to take any independent view like Malaysia. And we know our pious Arab monarchs are under influence of witchcraft (Sihr) done by present Indian govt.

I assure you my brother that BD is always in our prayers because of their vulnerability. And My internal thought has always been that BD should have a pact with Malaysia and Indonesia to manage the afther math.

Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Jazakallah Khan Sahab.
Thank you for bringing out so many points that I missed in my post owing to my utter frustration.

I salute the BD brothers who have stood up for Islam in spite of the huge propaganda by the chauvinists in India.

I am proud of them and I salute them.

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#133 [Permalink] Posted on 17th February 2020 04:56
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Quote:
I am genuinely concerned about Indian Muslims and not Muslims of Bangladesh because they are on the right track while Indian Muslims still need to wake up to the realities.

Khan Sahab, you have earlier said that for India to survive, it must remain secular, and for Pakistan to survive, it must not be secular.

What realities should us Indian Muslims wake up to?
+1 -0Like x 1
#134 [Permalink] Posted on 17th February 2020 07:15
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Quote:
Brother most, if not all, Hindus of India want us to hate Pakistan. It seems that you too want the same. Why?

Majority in India is busy with their family responsibilities. Fanatics are on the streets. So we Muslims must handle this situation diplomatically. Our relation with Pakistan must be similar to our relation with BD or Indonesia. Fanatics are brainwashing the locals that the behavior of Kashmiris towards India and Pakistan is the real behavior of all Indian Muslims. This trick is getting them the votes.

Before the last parliamentary elections, all pollsters were unanimous that NDA is losing. But a few fools offered lifeline to NDA through Pulwama. Professor sab!! what must be our behavior towards these fools. These fools are selfish, they want to get smiles on few hundred faces; and they didn't bother that it brought miseries and hardships to 20 crore Indian Muslims; these fools say that they don't care about 20 crore munaafiqs, hypocrites, Indian Muslims.
+0 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#135 [Permalink] Posted on 17th February 2020 09:20

Maripat wrote:
View original post

Professor Saheb, 

The issue which remains for Bangladesh is its geography, huge borders with India and climate change. It is beyond their means to fix either. People of Bangladesh are shard working and have created an economic miracle but the situation is dire and it will drag their economic progress back into the abyss.

My mother tells me every year people in West Pakistan, people used to make clothes for Eid and then sell it and donate to East Pakistan became of flooding. People in (West) Pakistan do not remember any year where they did not donate vast amounts to East Pakistan due to flooding, monsoons etc

I am sure that in 2020 the situation is catastrophic.

www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jan/08/on-the-frontline-of...

+1 -0Like x 1

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What shape is the green shape ('box' is not a shape)?