Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Aamar Shonar Bangla (Our Golden Bengal)

Jump to page:

You have contributed 37.1% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
#76 [Permalink] Posted on 10th October 2019 08:20
Bangladeshis will be richer than Indians by 2030, StanChart Bank says.
Bangladesh’s investments in health and education should juice productivity.

theprint dot in

Bangladesh is an important supplier of textiles to America and European nations like Germany. "After the US, Germany is the second-largest buyer of finished textiles from Bangladesh," said Wolfgang-Peter Zingel.

"The solid economic development of recent years is based on three pillars: the growth of agriculture, the export success of the textile industry and the remittances from Bangladeshis abroad," noted Zingel.

dw dot com
report post quote code quick quote reply
+0 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#77 [Permalink] Posted on 10th October 2019 09:31
Indian Muslims and Bangladesh

There was Muslim rule in India.
That included present India, Pakistan and Bangladesh
And more but that is not relevant at the moment.

And then the British came and took away everything from Muslims.

Then there was Indian freedom struggle.
Muslims participated in it in full strength.
And they were also worried about their future in India.

A struggle that had Hindus in it would not guarantee Muslim rule in India once the British left.

Then came Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi from South Africa and took the reins of the freedom struggle in his hands.

The first thing Gandhi did was to remove Muhammed Ali Jinnah both as head of the Indian National Congress and Hind Swaraj.

Gandhi did give Jinnah the consolation of being the ambassador of Hindu-Muslim unity.

Why Hindu-Muslim unity and not Muslim-Hindu unity?

Because the Hindus happened to be in majority in India in spite of the fact that India was ruled for centuries by the Muslims, in fact nearly for a millennium.

At the time of partition, that followed, there were 25 crore Hindus and nine crore Muslims in India.
A crore being ten million.

Today there are about twenty crore Muslims in each of the three countries. Nearly 200 million each.

The Muslims who were participating in the freedom struggle were fighting at several additional fronts.

Being part of the Indian armed forces under the British Muslim soldiers did exemplary sacrifices on the battle front.

Then there was the freedom struggle.

And then there was the struggle about the future of Muslims in India after British leaving.

Muslims wanted surety, guarantee and assurance about their safety and rights. They were looking and asserting for not only quality after freedom from the British but equity too.

This equity is what the partisan (towards Saffron) linguistic professor Christine Fair tries to interpret very negatively in the link that posted in my Comprehensive Pakistan Thread.

As the fate would have it the Muslim freedom fighters very soon realized that Congress will not give them their due.

Instead Gandhi made several very astute moves even apart from removing Jinnah from Congress and Hind Swaraj.

For example, in 1932, he signed the Poona Pact with the Dalit leader BR Ambedkar where the Dalits were assured reservation both in jobs as well as in the legislature, a privilege that they enjoy till today and that has been working wonders for them till date.

What did the Dalits give to Gandhi in return? Nothing, only assurance to not convert to Islam. And after independence the successors to Gandhi realized that the constitution that Ambedkar was part of still had the freedom for Hindus, including the Dalits, to convert to Islam.

And hence in a hurry the then government brought a Presidential Order in 1950 where by Dalits will forfeit the reservation benefits in case they converted to Islam or Christianity.

So we were in 1932.

And Muslims faced the prospect of being second class citizen in independent India.

That is when Allama Iqbal thought of, not Pakistan but, of autonomous status for Muslim majority areas in north-west India.

But who could make efforts for this? Allama, to use late Dr Israr Ahmed's analysis, was good at many things like philosophy, motivation, cutting edge, political analysis, explaining the meaning of Islam in modern context and explaining the Qur'an in the modern context but he was not a statesman, not even a politician. Not a leader of the masses by any stretch of imagination.

So he thought of a possible leader and the choice fell upon Muhammed Ali Jinnah - who had left India to settle in London for legal practice - the only successful lawyer among the long list of lawyer freedom fighters, apart from Motilal Nehru who had passed away in 1931.

When Shaikh Muhammed Ikram went to meet Jinnah in London that is when the latter told him those memorable words: "The Hindus are short-sighted and I think, incorrigible. The Muslim camp is full of those spineless people who, whatever they may say to me, will consult the Deputy Commissioner about what they should do! Where is, between these two groups, any place for a man like me?”

But he, Jinnah, did come back to India and took up the task of defending the rights of the Muslims in would be independent India. And when his pleas went unanswered the Muslim League passed the Pakistan resolution in its Lahore Session in 1940.

With his mighty abilities Jinnah managed to get little bit more than an autonomy for Muslim majority areas of north-west India. He got a whole new country called Pakistan.

This new country was not proportionate to the Muslim population of the country and it was in a very peculiar geographical shape - it was in two parts on the either side of the bigger portion that was to be called India, Bharat.

And the Hindus, both secular and communal, have never forgiven either Pakistan or the Muslims of India for that.

And till today no Pakistani has asked the Hindus, secular and communal, what their problem is if the Muslims of erstwhile India got separated, in absence of any guarantee for equal rights in independent India, and formed a country of their own.

Hindus, on the other hand, have been at work on planning a revenge, punishment and retribution to Muslims of India and Pakistan. And sadly this included both secular and communal sections. The number of Hindus with no apparent acrimony towards Muslims has been really very small.

In fact a Hindu Facebook friend wrote recently a status telling that the secret fantasy of every Hindu is to hate Muslims.

The communal hateful group included the Hindu Mahasabha and the RSS. RSS gave birth to a myriad organizations who implemented the agenda of Muslim hatred, Islamophobia to realize their agenda of genocide. These include BJP, VHP, Bajrang Dal, Shiv Sena, Hindu Vahini, Swadeshi Jagran Manch and many more.

The secular Muslim hating brigade has been the Congress itself.

In 1971 Indira Gandhi successfully severed the East Pakistan and created Bangladesh. The Jansangh leader, Atal Bihari Vajpayee, hailed her as the goddess Durga.

Even before and after 1971 hate Pakistan has been a motto for India and Muslims are automatically supposed to be part of the mindset.

Kashmir is another location that gets expression where Muslim hatred of the so called secular Hindu comes into focus. Kashmir is an integral part of India for them where the unstated assumption is 'without Kashmiri Muslims'.

Indeed after the removal of Article 370 of Indian Constitution more than two months ago Maulana Mehmood Madani went to Stockholm to declare that Kashmir is an integral part of India. (The poor Swedish hosts perhaps were expecting some better perspective from him!)

And then Shashi Tharoor tried to clarify Congress stand on the BJP move to remove Article 370. What did he clarify in defense on Congress opposition to government move? He said that their, Congress's, stand on Article 370 is the same as that of BJP!

Add to this the perpetual confusion of Indian Muslim about Kashmir. Kashmiris in India fortify our numbers and hence we prefer them to be in India. Kashmiris on the other hand expect that we should support their separation. Pakistanis do not help much - they want us to be superhuman and take on India in favour of Pakistan, Kashmir.

And then there is Bangladesh. 1971 was Mukti Juddho. Pakistan was not only bad in past but it will remain bad for ever. And even Aligarh should be hated because some of those who created Pakistan (including East Pakistan!) were from Aligarh.

Even Syed Sulaiman Nadvi RA was stoned in a meeting because he suggested that Bengali Muslims should write Bangla in Persian script.

I had the intention of creating some environment for understanding the present Bangla mindset but the long post has exhausted me and hence I shall terminate it at the moment.

+3 -0
#78 [Permalink] Posted on 10th October 2019 09:56
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Prof @Maripat sab, your analysis is very interesting.

But I want to ask you one thing, did any one care for 20 crores Indian muslims. answer is None!! In fact they have dented the Indian muslims heavily for last 10 years.

Last central elections, Modi was losing the election or his party was not getting the numbers. But headless zealots did pulwama, this pushed the secular majority towards BJP. That won't bother the headless zealots.

Mumbai blasts, Taj Hotel episodes, kasab shootings had pushed the majority community towards Sangh parivar in Maharashtra, now the contest is between two Hindutva groups shiva sena and BJP. secular parties are no where in the contest. Now this will spread to whole of India.

The more imran khan speaks of RSS, that increases BJPs vote share in India. This was analysis by a famous Dalit leader. He advises, Indian muslims must not play into hands of BJP, he says "more you accuse or abuse modi and his party, more votes they gets in elections"

I have many more things to share.... but I stop here.
+0 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#79 [Permalink] Posted on 10th October 2019 10:00

Maripat wrote:
View original post

After spending close to two decades of my life trying to reason with people of Bangladesh, it is my (personal opinion) that it cannot happen.

EVEN if every single Pakistani alive today was to apologize and beg for forgiveness while in a state of prostration crying to every single citizen of Bangladesh it will not be enough. For years I thought that Pakistan should apologies for grave injustices and it should lead to reconciliation, I no longer think so.

The issue is not on the Pakistani (people) side, the issue is with people of Bangladesh.

Educated, articulate, reasonable Bangladeshi men and women turn into demons when it comes to Pakistan. I have a friend who is a well known intellectual and when it comes to Pakistan starts quoting his Aunty about Pakistani atrocities, every other issues he is reasonable and looks at evidence. When it comes to Pakistan, he does not wish to consider independent evidence, UN reports but trusts his aunty's recollection, aunty NEVER WITNESSED a single thing directly she heard it from others. This tells me that the matter cannot be reconciled. If this is his approach then the laymen of Bangladesh cannot be expected to any different.

My father served in Dhaka and my older Brothers and Sisters went to School there, I have family members who have Bangali and Bihari wives so I am familiar with the terrain but this hatred has become repugnant and infused into Bangladeshi DNA and cannot be penetrated.

Bangaldeshi Muslims are different to both Indian and Pakistani Muslims and have no similarities to Kashmirees (either) and the issue has no resemblance to Kashmir.

All I say (genuinely and sincerely) is good luck to Muslims of Bangladesh and my Duas are with them.

+1 -0Like x 1
#80 [Permalink] Posted on 10th October 2019 11:42
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Weakness about we Indian muslims is zeal prevails, sense takes back seat.

In a game if referee/umpire is bias against us and opposite team is foul, then we can't play our natural game or our sports skill, we have to play a different game. Maulana madani has understood this. I appreciate his efforts.

But Indian muslims listens to speakers who speak louder. Recently Imam Bukhari from membar of jamia masjid was delivering a very hot speech, "don't fear" etc. half of his bayan was interesting. But later part he started recalling bhagalpur, meerat, muradabad and was asking people to distance for congress. Senseless guy.

VP singh wore a cap and "sab ko topi pinaade". It was a joke, his party wanted to save babri masjid and had aligned with BJP who was demanding votes to demolish masjid. And VP singh was responsible for BJP to increase from 18 seats to 183.

Chandra babu naidu and today's AP CM sports skull caps, they even join eid prayers and recite surah fatihah but support NDA. But for Andhra muslims, that won't matter for them.

What happened with Nitish Kumar.

A karnataka muslim minister was named khadimul Hujjaj, ameer e millath etc. Today to save himself, he dented the government resigned and joined BJP. and BJP is in power there.

AMIM contests 40 seats in maharashtra, gets 3 or 4 seats, but dents secular votes in other 36 seats.

I say Indian Muslims are SELFISH. myself, my party is the slogan.
+0 -0Like x 1
#81 [Permalink] Posted on 11th October 2019 18:13
India is considering restricting imports of some products from Malaysia including palm oil, according to government and industry sources, in reaction to the Southeast Asian country's leader criticising India.

May Allah give barakah in Malaysian resources.
+0 -0Like x 1Ameen x 1
#82 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2019 09:47
Anonymous wrote:
View original post

Malaysian palm oil futures ended lower on Friday after five days of gains following news that India is considering restricting imports from Malaysia.

This is called real Qurbani, no lip service. May Allah give hidayath to our arab monarchs.

I am sure this qurbani will be accepted by Allah and Allah will give barakath in their resources.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#83 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2019 18:19
If India restricts palm oil , are there any countries offer palm oil for India??

Palm oil is cheap and mostly used by all Indian families/restaurants
No post ratings
#84 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2019 18:32
a2z wrote:
View original post

Indonesia is ready to replace Malaysia for Palm oil export.

Argentina and Ukraine are other alternative countries.
No post ratings
#85 [Permalink] Posted on 13th October 2019 11:12
Anonymous wrote:
View original post

Earlier in March, Malaysia had threatened European Union that it will boycott their products if they curb palm oil imports from them on political reasons.
+0 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#86 [Permalink] Posted on 13th October 2019 15:48
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Quote:
After spending close to two decades of my life trying to reason with people of Bangladesh, it is my (personal opinion) that it cannot happen.

In my mind too there is no immediate prospect of Pak-BD patch up and friendship.
My intention is to move beyond 1971 and Pakistan has to take the lead in that.
BD was not the winning side by any stretch of imagination though Pakistan had lost rather miserably.

I also feel that Pakistan should not have chosen Justice Hamoodur Rahman to do the inquiry. That too was plain stupid.

And not to face the report after it was submitted was another public display of lack of courage.

And then we have the need to go beyond all that.
Quote:

EVEN if every single Pakistani alive today was to apologize and beg for forgiveness while in a state of prostration crying to every single citizen of Bangladesh it will not be enough. For years I thought that Pakistan should apologies for grave injustices and it should lead to reconciliation, I no longer think so.

I understand perfectly.
I have experienced that weaker parties do not appreciate the gestures born out of humility.
It is very difficult for them to process it.

Yet a beginning has to be made.

Quote:
The issue is not on the Pakistani (people) side, the issue is with people of Bangladesh.

I again understand.
Quote:
Educated, articulate, reasonable Bangladeshi men and women turn into demons when it comes to Pakistan. I have a friend who is a well known intellectual and when it comes to Pakistan starts quoting his Aunty about Pakistani atrocities, every other issues he is reasonable and looks at evidence. When it comes to Pakistan, he does not wish to consider independent evidence, UN reports but trusts his aunty's recollection, aunty NEVER WITNESSED a single thing directly she heard it from others. This tells me that the matter cannot be reconciled. If this is his approach then the laymen of Bangladesh cannot be expected to any different.

Again I understand.
From the point of view of the modern society this is uncharted territory.
From the point of view of Rasoolallah SAW's teaching this is not.
Bandladeshis are in the victim mindset and being our brothers we got to cajole them.
Quote:

My father served in Dhaka and my older Brothers and Sisters went to School there, I have family members who have Bangali and Bihari wives so I am familiar with the terrain but this hatred has become repugnant and infused into Bangladeshi DNA and cannot be penetrated.

Very-very difficult situation indeed.
Quote:
Bangaldeshi Muslims are different to both Indian and Pakistani Muslims and have no similarities to Kashmirees (either) and the issue has no resemblance to Kashmir.

It is upto them to move on to the realization that they are part of the Ummah.
From the news that comes out from there it is clear that there are strands where they do feel as part of Ummah. We got to capitalize on that.
Quote:

All I say (genuinely and sincerely) is good luck to Muslims of Bangladesh and my Duas are with them.

I do appreciate that and I pray that they too start appreciating that. And I do feel that there are many who do feel connected with Ummah.

The problem is to start the things moving.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#87 [Permalink] Posted on 13th October 2019 15:51
Anonymous wrote:
View original post

Brother these issues are not for this thread.
These may go in another thread, for example, my thread India Diary.
And there too you have to clarify the issues little bit more - though I have got your point but the responsibility to be clear and lucid, in this case, is yours.

No post ratings
#88 [Permalink] Posted on 13th October 2019 16:01
Maripat wrote:
View original post

I can't post as guest there on other thread
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#89 [Permalink] Posted on 13th October 2019 16:08
Anonymous wrote:
View original post
In that case please try to get a userid. You can still maintain your anonymity.

No post ratings
#90 [Permalink] Posted on 13th October 2019 16:37
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Admin can delete my irrelevant post here on this thread and block my IP.
Discipline must prevail.
No post ratings

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'ABC' written in?