Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Aamar Shonar Bangla (Our Golden Bengal)

Jump to page:

You have contributed 37.1% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 27th August 2015 07:08
These are the beginning words of a song by R.N. Tagore adopted by Bangladesh as her national anthem.
In fact this song was one of the inspirations for creation of Bangladesh by dividing Pakistan - a revenge on pakistan for dividing India.

Though there are Muslims in India who celebrate this teaching-pakistan-a-lesson but mostly Indian Muslims are anguished by those events on 1971. Hence those sentiments of our golden Bengal evoke only feelings of revulsion amongst non-Bengali Muslims.

This usually translates into anger against against BD Muslims.
But this is misplaced.
Muslims of BD are in a state of flux and slowly waking upto their Islamic honour.
This is the time that we adopt a very positive and accommodating attitude towards them.

Hence I personally apologize to them in case I have used harsh words towards them.
Every part of the Ummah of beloved Rasoolallah (SAW) is glorious.

I have friend on Facebook, Akmal Hussain.
He has been posting some posts on 1971 debacle.
I want to post them in this thread. But if any other brother can do the same then he is most welcome to do that.
Those posts are so painful that many times I do not get the courage to read them.
Thus I thought that may be with brothers and sisters here I shall be little more bold and read them.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 27th August 2015 14:09
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Salaamu alaikum warahmatullah

Brother i am a bangali. Could you clear your point a bit more please...

Jazakallah
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 28th August 2015 06:20
Brother I write concisely because people simply do not have time to read elaborate pieces.
Now you can ask me about any point that is not clear.
Or you can simply start posting about the role of Bangladesh in current affairs of Muslim Ummah.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 28th August 2015 20:37
Since as a Pakistani any response no matter how objective will be taken as "Anti-Bangladesh" I will InshaAllah stay away from this thread no matter how dubious and incredible the accounts which are posted.

My father and family both were in Bangladesh in 1971 and we have close family links with Biharees, Pushtun and Bangalees in Bangladesh.

Jzk
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 29th August 2015 06:40
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I have posted the thread after procastinating for a year.
My impression is that we should make an effort to break the ice sooner than later.
We are human beings. we are prone to commit mistakes. Sometimes we commit terrible mistakes.
We got to move beyond them.
My remark is not directed against anyone in particular but I hate those people who think that this type of efforts are useless when we try to bring some factions of Ummah together.
Such people call themselves wise.
They call us foolish.
I hate them.
If it is an Ummah of beloved Prophet (PBUH) then it is an Ummah.
It got to be together.
Obvious route to me is that both sides make serious efforts to start a dialogue.
Anyway Indian side, Muslims, can be taken as a third party.
In spite of a risky proposal I would like to give it a try.
We should not ignore the problem till infinity.
You know Auranzeb Road in the heart of New Delhi is officially now APJ Abdul Kalam Road?
Kejriwal doing the BJP task.
The world around us is caving in on us.
Should we not stop being incommunicando with each other?
Enemies united, Ummah fragmented.
Ever since TE Lawrence Arab-Turk rift is just there.
It has not gone anywhere.
Then periodically there are western accusation of genocide against Turkey.
What do we do?
Nothing.
Ummah is Ummah is Ummah. We got to stand up.
I know it is mighty difficult to sort out serious differences.
But to sort them out will be Sunnah.
I think this will be wonderful application of keyboard activism.
Let us give it a chance.

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 29th August 2015 09:35

Maripat wrote:
View original post

In the Madhab of Imam Abu Haneefa (RA) even the Taubah of an apostate is accepted.

Creation of Bangladesh had colossal impact on Muslims in Pakistan, India and Bangladesh itself. Citizens of Bangladesh should realise that and the sooner they come to that realisation the better it would be for everyone.

Pakistan should offer an unreserved apology to Bangladesh for perceived and actual atrocities if that’s what it would take to heal wounds.

Bangladesh then needs to take a decisive tilt towards Islam.

Muslims in India & Pakistan (not leaders) have a decisively Islamic outlook (despite their splits and differences). Muslims in Bangladesh do not! Their outlook and priorities are based on Bangali Nationalism and Bangla Motherland. This needs to change and it has nothing to do with Pakistan.

Cut Pakistan completely from the picture and move towards Islam. Everything else is secondary.

+2 -0Like x 2Agree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 29th August 2015 11:20
Maripat wrote:
View original post

The way I see it Ice had already been broken, but present ruling party is an extreme secular party, has decided to declare war on Islam...The tool they used rather effectively is Bangali Nationalism, and to infuse the nationalism into the populace they decided to rake up the past of 1971 with some real atrocities and some imagined.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 29th August 2015 13:18
Maripat wrote:
View original post

salaam

Quote:
These are the beginning words of a song by R.N. Tagore adopted by Bangladesh as her national anthem.
In fact this song was one of the inspirations for creation of Bangladesh by dividing Pakistan - a revenge on pakistan for dividing India[/quote]

is this actually true? or was there some other reason bangladesh split from pakistan? why did they join in the first place? what lead to them fighting for independence?

the song was written in 1905. 66 years before bangladesh gained independence. so they already had a sense of pride in their own people and culture well before they declared independence. even then they united with west pakistan. was this by choice or was this a reluctant choice based on circumstances? were they somehow forced to join west pakistan. what events lead to them fighting for independence?

and what do you mean by...
[quote] a revenge on pakistan for dividing India

No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 1st September 2015 04:56
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Agree with every point.
This is what I expected from you.

Quote:

In the Madhab of Imam Abu Haneefa (RA) even the Taubah of an apostate is accepted.[/quote]
Sub-han Allah.
Quote:
Creation of Bangladesh had colossal impact on Muslims in Pakistan, India and Bangladesh itself. Citizens of Bangladesh should realise that and the sooner they come to that realisation the better it would be for everyone.
[/quote]
And the Muslims of the world in general.
These events simply took the air out of assertive Islam in the sub-continent.
Quote:
Pakistan should offer an unreserved apology to Bangladesh for perceived and actual atrocities if that’s what it would take to heal wounds.
[/quote]
Very courageous.
And honestly speaking this is what I wanted to suggest but hesitated.
[quote]
Bangladesh then needs to take a decisive tilt towards Islam.

Exactly.
Incidentally after reading an article by the obnoxious Praveen Swami I realized that situation is much different there. The pro-India poltical dispensation is wrecking atrocities on people with Islamic bent of mind. Bangladeshis are asserting Islamically with bravery. People like you got to keep pushing the Pakistani apology part again and again so that Bengali brothers and sisters are mitigated. Please do not under estimate the Pakistan apology part even if it is merely by individuals like you. Human heart is an exteremely sensitive thing. Pakistani atrocities were sheer Jahalat. It is time to put balm on the wounds. Human emotions are just skin deep. ( In my heart I have decided that whenever I meet a Sikh I am going to apologize for the killing of the Guru's two children in a bestial manner by the Punjab governor of Alamgir. I assure you they are going to not only love it but break down. That is how weak we are emotionally. So why not do the same thing for Muslims?)

[quote]Muslims in India & Pakistan (not leaders) have a decisively Islamic outlook (despite their splits and differences). Muslims in Bangladesh do not! Their outlook and priorities are based on Bangali Nationalism and Bangla Motherland. This needs to change and it has nothing to do with Pakistan.

As I alluded to above and earlier.
I think our info is not latest and uptodate.
Things are changing right under our nose in BD.
Bengalis are truning into wonderful Muslims. We got to welcome them with open arms and much open heart. Believe me. It will be most unfortunate if we do not stand up to the occasion.
[quote]Cut Pakistan completely from the picture and move towards Islam. Everything else is secondary.

As I said above, I repeat, this is what I love you for. You have given the cut and dried opinion that I agree with.
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 1st September 2015 05:37
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

You have captured a lot of truth brother in your post.
It is time to come out openly in solidarity with our brothers and sisters in Bangladesh.

My mistake was that I was getting emotionally carried away by BD hanging Jama-at-e-Islami leader.
This was not the right reaction.
Just because the government there has certain attitude does not mean that is the attitude of all Muslims there.
Nationalism is very serious disease and we have not overcome it yet in Arab world.
Bangladesh is a parallel project.
Let us support those bengalis who are fighting against this disease.

And to begin with we can assume that all atrocities on part of Pakistan were real.
My impression is that Bengalis are trying hard to align along Islam.
Pakistanis should help them by being as courageous as our brother Muadh Khan and apologize to them in profusion.

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 1st September 2015 05:52
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Akhi,
India did not take kindly to the partition.
India used the Bangla nationalism to break paakistan into two parts.
West Pakistan tried to impose Urdu in East Pakistan, now Bangladesh.
India did best to raise the counterpoint - Bangla nationalism.
They, India, created a rebel force inside east Pakistan, the Muktibahini, the Freedom Force.
Pakistan responded by violence and extreme callousness.
It was not merely un-Islamic but inhuman.
Soon there were enough refugees in India that Indira Gandhi bulldozed any international opinion against Indian action.
And India made Pakistan a sorry state.
Pakistan defeat was exemplary and pathetic.
Even today I can not read the narration of the events of those days.
Pakistan was no better in aborbing her defeat.
They constitued the Hamoodur Rahman Committee to investigate the events.
But never released the report.
In school text books they taught gulible children that Pakistan won the war.
They tried to blame it on an army officer - Lt Gen Gul Hassan.
It was all non-inspiring from Muslim point of view.
Just like what Israel did to Arabs a few years year to that in 1967.

Quote:
and what do you mean by...
a revenge on Pakistan for dividing India

Revenge of India on Pakistan.
+2 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd September 2015 01:03
salaam

so bangladesh initially accepted being part of pakistan, but later purely because of nationalism they chose to rebel against pakistan?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd September 2015 06:05
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Initially there was only Pakistan, East (based on East Bengal) and West (Punjab+Sindh+Baluchistan+NWFP).
Then the language problem arose. East pakistan, now Bangladesh, is uniligual and Urdu is not their primary or even secondary language except for madaris. To their resentment towards Urdu West Pakistani people reacted with high handed manner. India did help in fomenting the Bangla nationalism. That is how BD was born at the end of 1971.

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd September 2015 11:39
Diplomacy is the art of taking a long and strategic view and to turn things in your favor over a period of time and to deceive your enemy.

Stupidity is the art of satisfying your Ego and causing long term damage.

Pakistani Leadership and its Politicians excel in the art of Stupidity.

What should have happened BEFORE & AFTER 1971 is Pakistani Leadership should have realized the stupidity of their policies in Bangladesh and given them extended Autonomy.

If that failed after 1971 they should have worked on having Cordial relations with Bangladesh and apologized.

The intention should have been to have a constant Headache for India on its Eastern Front along with Insurgency in 7 Sister States + Kashmir. Instead the (Pakistani) Morons have created a safety zone for India by acting on impulses of their Ego.

Creation of Bangladesh was a massive blow for both Indian and Pakistani Muslims. The (Pakistan) Foreign Office should have moved in (straight away) and worked to normalize relations and work towards an Islamic bond; instead the (Pakistani) Morons hope that someday Bangladesh will come back to Pakistan, which ain't happening.

Just like what ISI did (and do) in Afghanistan i.e. use Deobandees & Jamaat-e-Islami as their Proxy they should have done in Bangladesh in massive numbers. The majority of the people of Afghanistan HATE Pakistan but Pakistan is able to exert its influence through Proxy. Same thing should have happened in Bangladesh, Deobandees & Jamaat-e-Islami of Bangaldesh should have been exploited to the hilt! Deobandees & Jamaat-e-Islami did (and do this) individually in Bangladesh but without state & ISI backing (like in Afghanistan).

Pakistan should take a strategic view of Bangladesh as the population of the country comes closer to Islam, the tilt towards Pakistan is inevitable; exploit it!

Deobandees & Jamaat-e-Islami know that by state (and private) backing their job (of Dawah) becomes easier. Afghan Jihad resulted in the number of Darul-ulooms in Pakistan ballooning from a few hundred (to officially) over 8,000 in less then a decade.

Bangladesh is a poor country and a network of Darul-ulooms will outstrip most (Anti-Islam) NGOs which are a cancer to people of Bangladesh.

+3 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd September 2015 16:20
Isn't it a little arrogant to focus on Bangladeshis to come closer to Islam, automatically asserting thereby that Pakistanis are already close to the deen...in my opinion we could all do with coming closer to Islam.

Pakistan should take a strategic view of Bangladesh as the population of the country comes closer to Islam, the tilt towards Pakistan is inevitable; exploit it!

The above is a shocking statement and is loaded with the typical arrogance that Bangladeshis resent Pakistanis for.
+1 -0Like x 1

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What shape is the green shape ('box' is not a shape)?