OPINION ABOUT MAUDUDI SAHEB

Jump to page:

You have contributed 19.1% of this topic

Thread Tools
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Muadh_Khan's avatar
Offline
UK
9,077
Brother
7,463
Muadh_Khan's avatar
#61 [Permalink] Posted on 24th August 2015 08:43

Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

Agreed and I have already said that "events" were similar. The objection to Maulana Maududi (RA) was that he appeared to challenge the hegemony of the Ulama. This couldn't be tolerated and this is at the heart of the dispute and whatever he wrote had to be amplified several times.

There are graduates of Darul-ulooms such as Maulana Ammar Yasir who is son of Shaykh (Maulana) Sarfaraz Khan Safdar (RA) associated with Ghamdi whose efforts are far worse on the path of deviancy but due to association with Darul-ulooms the matter is hidden.

Same goes for Uncle/Nephew dispute of Madani family etc.

Maulana Maududi (RA) was a product of his times and he did what he thought was best for his era. Just like many others of the time such as Maulana Abul Kalam Azad (RA) etc. Maulana Maududi (RA) did nothing but quote much from Imam Jarir (RA) about internal disputes which in his opinion led to the move from Khilafah to Kingdom. In Urdu he is probably the first person who did it.

His views on Fiqh are nothing but denial of Taqleed Shakhsi which also went against the positions of Deobandi Ulama of his time (still does in our times).

He came from a family of generation of Chishti Sufees and went against the grain, this was also against the position of Deobandi Ulama.

All in all you do a disservice by simply labelling them a political analyst but he was more attuned to (Islamic) positions outside of Deoband and everybody has a right to disagree with him. I DO NOT support him or his positions either. In fact, I DO NOT really care it is an issue which existed before my time and it had little impact on my life.

The custodians of Haqq on this forum have already labelled me "Maududi supporter or having a soft corner" and nothing can be farther from the truth. All in all I don't see him having any opinions which are outside of the canvas of Islam, one may disagree with the tone, mannerism and harshness of his tone but the content (although disagrees with Deobandees) is not so as far fetched as Ghamdi or Imran Hossein etc of our times.

najimuddin wrote:
View original post

najimuddin wrote:
View original post

W-Salam,

And would you be able to offer some analysis on the Uncle/Nephew Madani dispute and an insight as to what is causing the Fitnah in India due to both of them?

Should their Fitnah also be studied and countered or left alone?

Jazakallahu Khayran

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Jinn's avatar
Unspecified
2,890
Brother
207
Jinn's avatar
#62 [Permalink] Posted on 24th August 2015 09:20
abu sawda wrote:
View original post


Salam

Surprised to read such comments especially when it was you who actually made the thread.

Maulana us westerners are really open minded people and sadly we have a lot of interaction with various fitnahs old and news as it's all around us and that's another reason why we have to be, if we be close minded and dismiss everything at face value then no will listen/talk to us.

So do not be offended when you come on a forum and read other type of views, there is a very big world out there.

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Jinn's avatar
Unspecified
2,890
Brother
207
Jinn's avatar
#63 [Permalink] Posted on 24th August 2015 09:22
Did Maulana Madudi really slander Ummahatul Mumineen Ayesha رضي الله عنه ??

This is a very BIG grave accusation.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
dr76's avatar
Offline
Unspecified
2,115
Brother
5,548
dr76's avatar
#64 [Permalink] Posted on 24th August 2015 10:03
(salam)

I really do not understand the need for this thread.. The O.P could have just did a simple search and got his answers from Askimam, MS & SF.. plenty of threads.. & when u know the answer, why ask the question wasting precious time..

wa Assalam..
report post quote code quick quote reply
+0 -0Agree x 2
back to top
Rank Image
Muadh_Khan's avatar
Offline
UK
9,077
Brother
7,463
Muadh_Khan's avatar
#65 [Permalink] Posted on 24th August 2015 10:17

dr76 wrote:
View original post

W-Salam, 

Absolutely agreed.

Hazrat-e-Aqdas Shaykhul-Hadeeth (Maulana) Abu Sadwa (DB) writes that his own elder/teacher had discussions with Maulana Maududi (RA) about smoking, he appears to be well versed on the issue.

YET he comes and asks for a discussion and then gets angry when opinions are offered.

IF you are going to ask about opinions THEN learn to contextualise them OR don't ask.

Islam is Taqleed so if you choose to make Taqleed of certain Ulama, Alhumdolillah you have fulfilled your obligation in Shariah.

Why start a discussion in PUBLIC and then get angry and shout down the PUBLIC when they offer an opinion?

Jzk

report post quote code quick quote reply
+0 -0Agree x 1
back to top
Rank Image
Arfatzafar's avatar
Offline
India
1,258
Brother
1,481
Arfatzafar's avatar
#66 [Permalink] Posted on 24th August 2015 19:59
najimuddin wrote:
View original post

But jamat e islami doesn't have the concept of polemics in ideological differences. They never train their members to argue with other Muslim groups or to improve their polemical skills to win the debates in disputed issues or differences in ideology, rather they train their members to defend Islam against Christianity, Hinduism and other religions.
Molana Maududi rh.a never challenged any alim to face him in munazra because he thought of it sheer waste of time.
Indeed, some of his views were wrong which nobody defend even some of JI members with whom I discussed this issue refuted him.
It's injustice that we don't appreciate his services to Islam. We are interested in cherry picking only.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
abu sawda's avatar
Offline
London
68
Brother
54
abu sawda's avatar
#67 [Permalink] Posted on 24th August 2015 21:12
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Hazrat muqaddas muaz khan,
I wanted opinion only not argument. Look at your first post how you approached. You started argument asking me how did i get this and that or did i check myself or no. Before saying something to somebody look at yourself first. there are so many others who posted their comments. I did not have problem with them. But you are the one who does not know how to speak wisely. If you did not ask me anything and keep posting your comments that could of been wise policy. Because the question which you asked made me think of you different way. Anyway stay with what you think and what you care of. It does not really concern me.

tumhe ye jaanna zaruri hei kah haqq ke saath rahna awr haqq bulna ye tumko Allah ke qareeb karenge. Awr baatil ke saath dusti se muamala karna ye tumhe Allah se dur rakhta hay, agarche ye tumhe zeenat bhi dekhaye
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 2
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
14
Brother
-146
#68 [Permalink] Posted on 25th August 2015 01:00
Jinn wrote:
View original post

Jazakallah brother jinn( i don't whether it is a real jinn or no).
Could you please post this to normal post, i think there are many people who need to have lesson from you (e.g mk). I was not offended, but there is someone who can make anyone offended because of their writing power.
(Mei ayaa nahi hoon, mujhe bulaya gaya)
It is quite similar to this urdu she'r
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
14
Brother
-146
#69 [Permalink] Posted on 25th August 2015 01:07
harun88 wrote:
View original post

That is what abu sawda would say, and i think that is true. Because if you read from begining then you'll see mk was attacking him first.

I'm not actually backing abu sawda but i need to say what is flashing on my eyes.

Posted via the Muftisays Android App
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
back to top
Rank Image
najimuddin's avatar
Offline
Unspecified
38
Brother
32
najimuddin's avatar
#70 [Permalink] Posted on 25th August 2015 01:10
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post


Assalamu alaikum Brother Muadh,

Yes, I’ll provide some analysis on this issue. Please note that accepting or rejecting the correctness of the positions mentioned below is beyond the scope of this post. For that, I’ll provide references for further reading that you may refer to.

The issue in question is regarding a difference of opinion in relation to the best course of action in implementing Islamic policy for the Muslims of India.

Because of his knowledge and experience, Maulana Arshad Madani is of the opinion that aligning with the Indian National Congress is in the best interests of the Muslims. There are other Ulama that agree with him.

On the other hand, Maulana Mahmood Madani, because of his knowledge and experience, believes that the Indian National Congress is no longer an organization that can be relied upon. Like his uncle, Maulana Mahmood Madani has Ulama that agree with him also, which includes his seniors.

This has led to a split in the Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind.

There are 2 points that need to be highlighted in relation to this:

1. This is a difference of opinion in relation to Islamic political policy. It does not touch any issues that have implications on Islamic aqaaid.

2. They are Mashaikh. Therefore, this difference of opinion on this practical aspect of Islam does not foster any type of ill will. Their abovementioned intent is genuine. As Maulana Mahmood Madani’s mureed, I can tell you that the bad behavior of certain people – including Ulama – is not authorized. As a matter of fact, it is severely condemned. An illustration of this can be the observation that there are many people who claim to follow the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). However, these same people would make the Prophet (PBUH) extremely sad if he were to see what they are doing.

Thus, the political difference between Maulana Arshad Madani and Maulana Mahmood Madani does not result in any type of personal animosity. Their relation is quite cordial. This surprises and/or disturbs many people – which includes supporters – who think the two either are or should be at each other’s throats.

A comparison of this can be made with differences the Ulama had regarding the issue of partition of the Indian Subcontinent.

Hakimul-Ummat Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi (RA), due to his knowledge and experience, believed that a separate homeland for the Muslims should be created. This would be a country founded and guided by Shariah.

Shaikhul-Islam Maulana Hussain Ahmed Madani (RA) wanted the same thing as Hazrat Thanwi (RA). However, due to his experience, his understanding was that the proposed Pakistan was a British tactic to divide the Muslims and create communal tension. Thus, based on his knowledge, he proposed a different approach.

Their political differences never led to their transgressing the limits of Shariah. Neither of them, once made aware, tolerated any type of disrespect towards the other.

The previously mentioned 2 points – in context – apply here as well.

With the context established above, Maududi Sahib also tried to come up with solutions to the problems the Muslim Ummah was facing. We already know of Maududi Sahib’s high intellect and position amongst the Ulama. He was held in such high esteem that scores of Ulama joined his newly formed Jamaat-i-Islam movement. In effect, they appreciated the service he was rendering for Islam.

Maududi Sahib’s writing was so eloquent in relation to establishing successful Islamic policy, it took the Ulama time to realize the ramifications of some of the things he was writing about. There were some who didn’t notice it at all and had to be made aware. That is the purpose of the current training initiated by Maulana Asad Madani (RA).

All of these Ulama eventually left Maududi Sahib because of one reason. This reason was mentioned in my initial post in this thread. Please refer to it for reference. In brief, Maududi Sahib’s philosophy puts the transmission of our Deen into question. This is a matter of aqaaid.

Beliefs come before the practical aspects of Islam. In an Islamic context, incorrect beliefs render practice null and void. (It's very easy for adherents of Maududi Sahib's philosophy to dismiss this fundamental principle). That is why the department of comparative religions at Darul Uloom Deoband – established by Maulana Asad Madani (RA) – teaches the philosophy of Maududi Sahib as a false religion. It's a matter of beliefs (aqaid).

If the Ulama had animosity towards each other due to differing political positions, Maulana Asad Madani (RA) could have added the Philosophy of Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi to this department. After all, there was a Madani/Thanwi disagreement. This addition, of course, does not exist. The example was only for the sake of illustration.

I apologize for the post being so long. I tried to space it out so that it didn’t seem like a jumble of words.

Also, please note that the above is an analysis of a particular situation. It is not an attack on or an attempt to slander anyone.

References in the English language for further reading (Google the titles):
1. Al-Etidal (Islamic Politics)
2. Boundaries of Differences: From the discources of Faqihul-Ummat Mufti Mahmood-Hasan Gangohi
3. Maulana Husain Ahmad Madni: A Biographical Study
4. Husain Ahmad Madani: The Jihad for Islam and India's Freedom
5. The Prisoners of Malta
report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Like x 1Winner x 2
back to top
Rank Image
abu sawda's avatar
Offline
London
68
Brother
54
abu sawda's avatar
#71 [Permalink] Posted on 25th August 2015 01:13
harun88 wrote:
View original post

Salaamu alaikum warahmatullah. You're funny harun. You wrote something exactly what i was thinking of.


Jazakallah
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
14
Brother
-146
#72 [Permalink] Posted on 25th August 2015 01:30
abu sawda wrote:
View original post

Hahah..No problem maulana....
Carry on
Walaikumus salaam warahmatullaah
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Abdullah1's avatar
Unspecified
532
Brother
315
Abdullah1's avatar
#73 [Permalink] Posted on 25th August 2015 02:58

Arfatzafar wrote:
View original post

May be they don't train their members, but I myself have observed the following:

  • Jamaat e Islaami clean shaved or trimmed workers fighting for imamat at masallas in Universities/colleges.
  • Jamaat workers giving dars e quran when they don't know even the basics of Quranic sciences; Arabic grammar, Aqaaid etc.
  • Jamaat workers insulting Great scholars specially Hazrat Moulana Hussain Ahmed Madani RhA, because of their deep love for Modudi.
  • Jamaat workers considering their political campaign as the work of deen and on the other hand looking down on tableeghi jamaat efforts.

It is quite far fetched that a person joins Modudi movement and doesn't support and love Modudi ideology.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+0 -0Agree x 1
back to top
Rank Image
Muadh_Khan's avatar
Offline
UK
9,077
Brother
7,463
Muadh_Khan's avatar
#74 [Permalink] Posted on 25th August 2015 12:24

najimuddin wrote:
View original post

W-Salam my Brother,

Reading your post has truly shocked me!

Because I always thought that as a Muslim our first and foremost duty is to the truth and not defending our Shaykh and resorting to twisting of facts and conveying something which is completely and totally out of line.

You could have chosen to not say anything instead of twisting facts.

The FACT is that the Uncle/Nephew duo of Madani family are engaged in bitter leadership disputes, court battles, funding battles and most Muslims (Indian and overseas) know about it.

Your references have NOTHING to do with the split (shed no light on the issue) and similar to your lies what you have tried to do is put wool over people eyes.

The references talk about respecting differences (and I agree with that), unfortunately the court battles and fierce media campaign of both uncle-nephew duo in India is absolutely contradictory to the spirit of each and every reference which you have quoted!

Wallahi! I never knew as to how low people can go to lie about an obvious dispute that the whole world knows about and twist it completely.

It is an insult to intelligence to actually counter your non-sense BECAUSE if these two uncle-nephew were cordial with each other their (split) parties wouldn’t be at logger heads in court. They would have sat down and settled with each other.

No need to waste the resources of Indian Muslims in bitter family feud.

Do you honestly think we are stupid?

 

 

Gulzar Azmi, Arshad Madani group’s legal secretary from Maharashtra told, “We have been defending all the accused of Aurangabad arms haul case since 2007 and have even secured bail for nine accused. The case is into its finality and now Mahmood’s group is falsely claiming credit of whole case based on a bail application of one accused Azeem, whose bail they are following before the High Court.”

“We had filed Azeem’s bail twice but it was rejected. When we declined him for filing bail third time, he went to Mahmood’s group. It is sad that they are claiming credit although it is our team that is tirelessly working to secure release of youths,” he added.

On questioning about controversy in other case, Azmi told, “There are only three accused from Mumbai’s IM case that Mahmood group is defending but their report claims whole case they are defending. This case too we are looking after since 2008. In addition to this, we are also defending all IM cases in Mumbai, Gujarat, Hyderabad and Delhi.”

“Ask them, have they ever appeared for Gujarat or Delhi or Hyderabad cases for the innocents?” Azmi questioned.

The merger move was accepted by Mahmood group after passing a resolution at its Executive Committee meeting held on Thursday in Delhi. Afterwards Mahmood Madani and some of his associates attended an Eid Milan hosted by Arshad Madani in Delhi proposing reconciliation.

When Azmi was asked if the differences will be resolved once the reconciliation that is in progress succeed, he told, “It was Maulana Mahmood who had rebelled and hence if they are determined to settlement, then they should accept Maulana Arshad as Amir (president).We are happy to work together but there is only one way to settle the differences as I said they should accept him (Arshad) as Amir.”

The settlement is a process where both parties soften their demands to reach amicable solution. Now that Mahmood group has initiated to resolve the difference, Azmi strongly suspect it to be merely a show off to go on record.

“On January 30 this year,the Delhi High Court ordered in our favour on the dispute of assumption of Jamiat’s office. Mahmood group appealed against this order before double bench that asked to reconcile. The next hearing before double bench is on July 30 and just to show this court that they made attempt for settlement they are now going on record,” Azmi explained.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
back to top
Rank Image
Muadh_Khan's avatar
Offline
UK
9,077
Brother
7,463
Muadh_Khan's avatar
#75 [Permalink] Posted on 25th August 2015 12:41

abu sawda wrote:
View original post

Hazrat-e-Aqdas Shaykhul-Hadeeth (Maulana) Abu Sadwa (DB),

Answer 1:

Muadh Khan wrote:
W-Salam,

How many of these matters have you personally checked? If so, please post links so we can read them.

I neither belong to Jamaat-e-Islami nor have now or ever have any affiliation with Maulana Maududi (RA). Kindly respond to the question.

Jzk[/quote]

Before answering the question I wanted to know the background. I am repeating my answer which has already been given to you.

You don’t launch into a response, you first figure out what the other person knows and then build upon the information.

Hazrat, Perhaps while you are teaching Bukhari Sahreef you don’t employ this methodology and launch straight into things without first determining the background information.

Answer 2:

Abu Sawda wrote:
Also one of my teacher met maududi and he knows about him better than me and you. He said maududi was a person who can change his personality like a snake changes its skin. He mention a conversation between him and maududi. He asked maududi about his smoking because he used to smoke and when he came bangladesh he stopped,so my teacher hadhrat barkatpuri huzur damat barakaatuhum asked him "hadhrat aap ka cigarette kaha hai, to unhune kaha mei ne isko talaq raj'ee de dia". that means he will take it back when he is home.

The fact remains that if you know about the matter in such detail why ask for “opinions” of others on a PUBLIC forum? The matter is shut for you, isn't it?

Answer 3:

[quote= Abu Sawda] I wanted opinion only not argument.

  1. WHERE did I argue?
  2. Did you say your intention anywhere?
  3. WHY do you come to a Public forum and expect people to behave in a specific way when you have not specified?

Arfatzafar wrote:
View original post

The most controversial book is "Khlafat-O-Mulookiyat!" and the entire last chapter is asnwering objections by Maulana Maududi (RA) himself; please read it.

He also retracted some parts which others pointed out to be controversial.

So in Summary:

  1. He monitored the objections
  2. Answered them
  3. Retracted them
  4. Ignored them (if they were not worth it in his view)

PRECISELY the same approach which Shaykhul-Maulana Zakariyya Kandhalwi (RA) employed for Fazail-e-Aamaal in his lifetime. Hazrat (RA) writes that just becaause someone objects doesn't mean one is obligated to agree to it.

DISCLAIMER:

  1. I am not defending Maulana Maududi (RA)
  2. I am not equating Maulana Maududi (RA) with Shaykhul-Maulana Zakariyya Kandhalwi (RA), simply stating facts
  3. I DID NOT equate Maulana Maududi (RA) with Maulana Ilyas Kandhalwi (RA), simply stated facts that they both got seriously ill during Madrasah study days to the point both had to leave the Madrasah
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -1Dislike x 1
back to top

Jump to page:

 

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:


In the above image: What colour is the text 'Yellow' written in?