Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

OPINION ABOUT MAUDUDI SAHEB

Jump to page:

You have contributed 19.6% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
India
Brother
#91 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2015 12:56
Some serious questions:

*What circumstances compelled Hz Allama Anwar shah rh.a Hz Allama Shabbir usmani rh.a to leave DU
* What circumstances made Hz Qari Tayyab rh.a to run away barefooted in pell mell from DU campus
* What circumstances caused the spilit of DU
* What circumstances compelled mohatmim of DU to reject the request-letter of Qari Tayyab rh.a's son
* What circumstances compelled Sh Vustanvi h.a to resign

I think wise members know the ground realities
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#92 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2015 14:21

abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

W-Salam,

Hand on your heart honest question:

Why does every Sufi explaination only applies to Deobandees? Maulana Maududi (RA) was human, tried his best made mistakes and let Allah (SWT) decide.

Arfatzafar wrote:
View original post

1. Every Non-Deobandi is an error-inducing Herectic Misguider
  2. Every Deobandi has cordial relationships despite disagreements. So they go to High Courts, issue statements, ask for money back, split Darul-ulooms BUT all "Cordial"

The grandson of Shaykh (Maulana) Sarfaraz Khan Safdar (RA) is openly with Javed Ghamdi but he is "just a little stray" while everybody else including Dr Javed Ghamdi is an open deviant!

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#93 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2015 15:05
Dear Brother Muadh:

"Maulana Maududi (RA) was human, tried his best, made mistakes, and let Allah (SWT) decide."

Agreed 100%

There are "sufi" explanations to Maulana Ahmad Rida Khan (RA) as well as Imam Ibn Taymiyyah (RA), Shaykh Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhab (RA), and many others. You just have to dig them out from the discourses of the Mashaikh.

Peer Nanney Miyan Sahab of Bhopal (RA) was among the most respected mashaikh of his time. Among his teachers were a prominent student of Imam Ahmad Rida Khan (RA) as well as a Qadiyani ustadh. He mentioned this in this malfoozat recorded by Shaykh Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi (RA).

If we look for the spirit of inclusiveness among the Deobandees, we will find plenty of examples. Maulana Tariq Jameel Sahab (HA) stands out prominently.

When it comes to matters of the fundamentals of deen, the ulama are duty bound to state the haqq, but when it comes to commenting on personalities, by and large the akabir ulema will be very cautious.

During the time of Imam Ibn Arabi (RA), there was a very respected alim who warned people not to sit in his company because he said the Imam was a zindeeq. Upon the demise of Imam Ibn Arabi (RA) this same alim lamented publicly that the Siddique of the times has departed. People were greatly perplexed and asked the alim to explain himself. The alim stated that Imam Ibn Arabi (RA) indeed was the Siddique of his time, but his ideas could only be understood by those possessing a high level of knowledge. The layman would not be able to understand the Imam and would be led into Zanadiqa. So, to keep the masses away from his company and protect their imaan, the alim called Shaykh ibn Arabi (RA) a Zindeeq when he was alive.

Things aren't always what they seem to be. It needs a certain baseerat that the ulema and mashaikh possess as a result of their ilm and taqwa.

Of course, in each matter there is a clear truth, which will only be revealed on the Day of Judgement.

Was-salam
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#94 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2015 15:28

abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

Hazrat,

Since you are my honurable elder, let me have a heart to heart with you on Maulana Maududi (RA).

I have NEVER since the age of 13 read anything from Maulana Maududi (RA) as I have indicated. Based on the insistence of Hazrat-e-Aqdas Shaykhul-Hadeeth (Maulana) Abu Sadwa (DB) and Hazrat Abdullah1 (DB) I actually skimmed through MOST CONTROVERSIAL book Khilafat-O-Mulookiyat 2 days ago.

Before skimming, I heard 3 separate types of Bayans:

• Talks condemning the book
  • Talks condoning it as the greatest piece of Islamic literature
  • Talks in the middle

I found the last edition updated by Maulana Maududi (RA) in which he answers the objections to him and on the book

The book has 2 (distinct) parts, but I will summarise it in 4 sections (for ease):

1. Part 1 deals with the framework of Islamic Governance
  2. Part 2 deals with ERRORS of Sahabah & Taba’een and why Caliphate changed to KINGDOM
  3. Part 3 deals with the superiority of Imam Abu Haneefa (RA), his Fiqh and his students and how they held the Islamic world together (doctrinally) while everything was falling together
  4. Part 4 deals with answers to objections raised on the book

Part 1 is a MASTERPIECE in Urdu Language written at the time that it was; no doubt.

Part 2, I couldn’t stomach but I actually read this part THOROUGHLY to see what he writes.

Part 3, we already know about.

Part 4  I read thoroughly to see what Maulana Maududi (RA) had to say in his defense.

Why did Maulana Maududi (RA) wrote the book?

Maulana (RA) says that the information in this book comes from (authentic) Islamic sources and it is referenced. It is true that I am highlighting the errors which (apparently) led to the downfall of Islamic Caliphate. The reason I am doing that is Orientalists are already making this information public. This year in MA (Islamic Studies) there was a question as to what led to the decline of Islamic Caliphate. Our students can learn the (poison) of Orientalists but they can learn these (facts) from an Islamic perspective.

These facts openly exist in Arabic language (history and Seerah) books.

Sooner or later these facts will come to light (somehow) and then we will be scrambling for a response. I wanted to pre-empt the future and discuss these in a detailed methodical manner and offer solutions from an Islamic perspective.

On Balance?

I find that Maulana Maududi (RA) DID NOTHING as farfetched as Ibn Arabi (RA) in terms of controversy and one can also disagree with his reason for writing but he did explain what he did before he died.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#95 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2015 16:12
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Why do you write his name Abu sadwa? He is abu sawda. Don't speak like that, because it is not allowed in islam to change people's name .
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#96 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2015 16:23

harun88 wrote:
View original post

Brother,

Its a genuine spelling mistake. I didn't realise that; I have been copying/pasting without checking.

Jazakallahu Khayran for informing me of the error. May Allah (SWT) reward you immensely (Ameen)

My apologies to Hazrat-e-Aqdas Shaykhul-Hadeeth (Maulana) Abu Sawda (DB).

+0 -0Ameen x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#97 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2015 17:31
Respected Brother Muadh:

"Errors ... and why Caliphate changed to Kingdom."

A lot of these narrations are sourced from Al Bidayah wan Nihayah by Hafiz Ibn Katheer (RA).

Maulana Tariq Jameel (HA) once approached his ustadh after reading Bidayah and said that it says so and so about the Sahabah. The advice his ustadh gave him was that the Sahabah shall be judged on what the Quran and Hadeeth say about them, not on what Bidayah says about them. Maulana says, "this put my mind at ease," or words to that effect.

Maulana Maududi (RA) definitely made valuable contributions in the service of deen. Maulana Tariq Jameel (HA) in one bayan said Maulana Maududi (RA) presented knowledge of deen in a manner that lay persons could also understand.

Maulana Abdul Majid Daryabadi (RA) wrote in his Aap beeti that he benefited greatly by Muhammad Ali's translation of the Quran. Muhammad Ali was an Qadiyani scholar. He says in this autobiography that, "despite being aware of the fiqh involved, I pray for the translator in my duas." (paraphrasing).

Yes, obviously, I meant no comparison between Maulana Maududi (RA) and Imam Ibn Arabi (RA).

If I have in any way come off as being condescending or patronizing in my tone, I apologize and ask your forgiveness. I am far removed from having any adab.

W.S.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#98 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2015 18:15

Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

JazakAllah for going through the book, just because of me (although I never forced you to read this book). In my posts, I simply posted the allegations that were raised by Hazrat Yousuf Ludhyanwi Shaheed RhA in his famous book, and there is no reference of khilafat o malookiyat in these allegatoins. If you skipped them, I quote them again here:

click here and here.

Look at the tone, I am not doing munazra or debate. I am just asking. So please DON'T talk the way as if you are doing munazra with me. Just increase my knowledge by citing any book that contains the answers (precisely of these allegations), or answer yourself if you know the answers. And If you don't, then please admit. No need of any jumbo posts. 6 allegations, and simple 6 point answer.

JazakAllah

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#99 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2015 18:46
Remember that I have no ta'assub regarding modudi, the problem is that when I see people respecting him and saluting his efforts, my mind starts boiling with anger, because that guy disrespected Ammi Ayesha RdA. Can any one tolerate the remarks about his own mother that Modudi wrote regarding Ammi Ayesha RdA? Of course not, then why regarding Ammi Ayesha RdA when She is more respectable for us than even our parents.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#100 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2015 19:10
Abdullah1 wrote:
View original post

In the worst case scenario Maulana Maududi(RA) wrote nothing more severe then what Junaid Jamshaid said about Amma Ayesha in his Bayan with his dramatisation.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#101 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2015 19:15

Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

But he repented.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#102 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2015 19:16

Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

But he repented.

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#103 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2015 19:20
Abdullah1 wrote:
View original post

There was nothing to repent to begin with, Junaid Jamshaid did a PR exercise with even bigger drama.

He then came on ARY with Shan-e-Ramzaan with women, Music etc so that is the reality of his repentance:p

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#104 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2015 19:23
Personally, I make dua that Allah gives me death before my mouth or my pen utters what Maulana Maududi (RA) wrote about Amma Ayesha (RA)

Ameen.

BUT that is my personal choice.

+3 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#105 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2015 19:29

Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Thanks. This provided the answer : )

JazakAllah.

No post ratings

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'Yellow' written in?