You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
ibn Ismail
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 12th June 2014 17:15
Allah Ta' ala has, afforded His bondsmen certain selected opportunities whereby they may reap his infinite mercy and forgiveness. Some explicit examples of these occasions are the month of Ramadan and Laylatul Qadr.The night of the fifteenth of Shbaan is one such opportunity...

More on: tasawwuf.daralmahmood.org/shabaan-and-the-night-of-emanci...
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 12th June 2014 17:21
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 12th June 2014 19:22
The night of the 15th of Sha'ban

If a person wants to fill a container he will first ensure that the container is clean. If the container is not clean he will first clean the container then he will fill it up. Likewise, if we want to fill his heart with the blessings of Ramadhān then we will first have to clean our hearts. If we are not prepared to fill ordinary water in a dirty glass how then we expect to fill a dirty heart with the pure blessings and mercies of the blessed month of Ramadhān?

Allāhthrough His infinite mercy blessed us with the night of emancipation, the night of the 15thof Sha'bān so that we may clean and purify our hearts so that when Ramadhān comes we are able to fill our hearts with the immense goodness it brings along.

The night of the 15thof Sha'bān is a night of turning to Allāhin repentance. It is also an opportunity to patch up with fellow human beings. It is an occasion to clean up our hearts so that when Ramadhān comes we are ready to fill up our hearts and gain maximum benefit from this auspicious month.

We are thought in the aḥādīth that on this night Allāh forgives His entire creation except those who ascribe partners unto Him. Another narration mentions that Allāhforgives so many people on this night as to the amount of wool on the sheep of the tribe named Kalb.

Du'āTo Be Recited On This Night

أَعُوْذُ بِعَفْوِكَ مِنْ عِقَابِكَ وَأَعُوْذُ بِرِضَاكَ مِنْ سَخَطِكَ وَأَعُوْذُ بِكَ مِنْكَ إِلَيْكَ

لَا أُحْصِيْ ثَنَاءً عَلَيْكَ أَنْتَ كَمَا أَثْنَيْتَ عَلىَ نَفْسِكَ

I seek protection in Your forgiveness from Your punishment

And I seek protection in Your happiness from Your anger

And I seek protection in You from You

I am unable to praise You

You are as You praised Yourself.

Written By: Mufti Ishaaq E Moosa (Student of Mufti Ebrahim Desai)

Checked and Approved by,

Mufti Ebrahim Desai

Narration taken from At Targhīb wat Tarhīb
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 12th June 2014 19:35
The Significance of Sha'ban By Shaykh Muhammad Saleem Dhorat hafizahullah

Sha'ban, the eighth Islamic month is second only to Ramadan in virtue, blessings and greatness. It is due to this virtue and greatness that the Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam used to emphasise its importance not only verbally but practically too.

'A'ishah radhiyallahu 'anha narrates, "Rasulullah sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam used to fast till we would say that he would never stop fasting and he would abandon fasting till we would say that he would never fast. I never saw Rasulullah sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam fasting for a whole month except the month of Ramadan and did not see him fasting in any month more than in the month of Sha'ban ." (Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Dawuf, Nasa'i)

'A'ishah radhiyallahu 'anha narrates, "Rasulullah sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam used to fast the (whole) month of Sha'ban except for a few days." (Nasa'i)

Usamah radhiyallahu 'anhu asked, "O Rasulullah! I do not see you fasting in any month as much as in Sha'ban ." He replied, "It is a month people are negligent of between Rajab and Ramadan. It is a month in which deeds are raised towards the Lord of the worlds. Therefore, I like my deeds to be raised whilst I am fasting." (Nasa'i)

Fifteenth of Sha'ban

Amongst the days and nights of Sha'ban there is one night called Laylat-al-Bara'at or Shabe Bara'at, a night noted for its great blessings and virtues. The Glorious Qur'an describes it as the blessed night.

Lo! We revealed it on a blessed night. (44:3)

According to 'Ikrimah radhiyallahu 'anhu and a group of mufassirin the 'blessed night' referred to in this verse is the fifteenth night of Sha'ban.

Fortunate indeed are those who attain the full blessings and benefits of this night by spending it in performing good and refraining from evil. One must strive his utmost to attend to 'ibadah (worship) in this auspicious night as this night indeed is a great favour of Allah Taala for the believers. There are a number of ahadith in regard to this night....

To Read on click on link below :

idauk.org/publications/leaflet50.html

Read & Benefit. Please also pass into others to allow them to benefit. JazakAllah

** 15th night of Sha'ban will be tonight Insha'Allah after Maghrib - Thu 12th June 2014 **
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 12th June 2014 19:40
on the flip side, just to give the other view, i believe Shaykh Hadith Mufti Farooq view on the 15th Shabaan is that it doesnt hold any significance.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 12th June 2014 20:15
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 13th June 2014 05:14
Quote:
Du'ā To Be Recited On This Night

أَعُوْذُ بِعَفْوِكَ مِنْ عِقَابِكَ وَأَعُوْذُ بِرِضَاكَ مِنْ سَخَطِكَ وَأَعُوْذُ بِكَ مِنْكَ إِلَيْكَ

I seek protection in Your forgiveness from Your punishment

And I seek protection in Your happiness from Your anger

And I seek protection in You from You

I am unable to praise You

You are as You praised Yourself.

Do you have this dua in uthmanic Arabic. This Arabic is unreadable to me.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 13th June 2014 09:36
samy.3660 wrote:
View original post

I'm sorry that's all that I have. That's how it came in the email. I was reluctant to post it due to the varying opinions, but nevertheless, I posted it. I prefer the cautious position

Here is the same, but in a larger font

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd June 2015 10:33
ٱلسَّلَامُ عَلَيكُم وَرَحمَةُٱللَّهِ وَ بَرَكَاتُه

With reference to the below hadith, I ask forgiveness from all those whom I may have hurt knowingly or unknowingly, had been unjust to or backbited about, so that our malice ends.إِن شَآءَٱللَّه

Hazrat Aisha (radiallahu anha) has reported Rasulullah, Sallallahu alayhi wa sallam, to have said, “This is the middle Night of Sha’ban. Allah emancipates in it a large number of the people from the Fire, more than the number of the hair growing on the sheep of the tribe, Kalb. But He does not cast a glance at a person who associates partners with Him, or at a person who harbours malice in his heart (against someone), or at a person who severs family ties, or at a man who leaves his clothes extending below his ankles, or at a person who disobeys his parents, or at a person who has a habit of drinking wine.” Targeeb wat Tarheeb, vol. 2, pg. 118 authority of Imam Bayhaqi رحمة الله عليه

Kalb was a big tribe the members of which had a very large number of sheep. Therefore, indicates that a large number of people forgiven on this night by Allah Ta’ala.

Jazakumullahu khairan and thanks.

Posted via the Muftisays Android App
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd June 2015 16:32
Comments on this pls?

Misconceptions regarding Shab-e-baraat (15th shabaan) and their answers
Misconception # 1:
Allaah descends to the first heavens on this night to forgive us.
Answer:
The Prophet ( ﷺ ) said: "Every night when it is the last third of the night, our Lord, the Superior, the Blessed, descends to the nearest heaven and says: Is there anyone to invoke Me that I may respond to his invocation? Is there anyone to ask Me so that I may grant him his request? Is there anyone asking My forgiveness so that I may forgive him?. " (Bukhari 1145,Muslim 1261)
===
Misconception # 2:
This is the night when our fate, lifespan, and provisions are decreed.
Answer:
The Prophet ( ﷺ ) said: “When the drop of (semen) remains in the womb(of mother) for forty (days) or forty nights, the angel comes and says:
“My Lord, will he be good or evil?” And both these things would be written.
Then the angel says: “My Lord, would he be male or female?” And both these things are written.
And his deeds and actions, *his death*, his livelihood; these are also recorded. [Sahih Muslim Hadith 6392]
===
Misconception # 3:
Deeds are shown (to Allaah) on 15th shabaan
Answer:
Prophet ( ﷺ ) said “Deeds are shown (to Allaah) on Mondays and Thursdays, and I like my deeds to be shown when I am fasting.” [Tirmidhi, 747; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1041. ]
===
Misconception # 4:
The nig
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd June 2015 18:18
The Majlis' article on 15th Shabaan:

Concluding part... The 15th Night of Sha’baan is indeed auspicious. Muslims should spend the Night or part of the Night in individual Ibaadat at home and preferably carry out the Sunnah practice of visiting the Qabrustaan on this Night. But, when visiting the Qabrustaan on this Night, it should not be done in a congregational form with the Imaam gathering his followers and proceeding to the cemetry in ostentation as has been observed to be the case on Eid Days.

Askimam Ulama Q and A, end portion...

The combination of all these Ahādīth proves the merit of this night.  Allāh Ta‘ālā forgives the sins of many servants on this night.  Also, Allāh’s special Mercy and Forgiveness descends from the beginning of the night till dawn[1] and prayers are accepted on this night.  Hence, one should spend this night in the worship of Allāh Ta‘ālā. However, one should bear in mind that there is no specific form of worship or Salāh that is specific to this night.

Fasting on the fifteenth of Sha‘bān is not proven through any authentic narration.  The Hadīth in which fasting on this day is mentioned is extremely weak. Hence, the fasting on the fifteenth of Sha‘bān is not a Sunnah. [2] However,one may keep Nafl fast on that day since it is reported in Sahīh al-Bukhārī that Rasūlullāh Sallallāhu Alaihi Wa Sallam would fast excessively in the month of Sha’bān. The Hadīth is as follows:

وَمَا رَأَيْتُهُ أَكْثَرَ صِيَامًا مِنْهُ فِي شَعْبَانَ (صحيح البخارى، بَابُ صَوْمِ شَعْبَانَ)

Aishah Radhiyallāhu Anhā states, “I have never seen Rasūlullāh Sallallāhu Alaihi Wa Sallam fasting in any other month (besides Ramadhān) more than his fasting in Sha’bān. (Sahīh al-Bukhārī)

In the Ahādīth it is mentioned that Nabī Sallallāhu Alaihi Wa Sallam visited the graveyard on this night.  However, from another authentic Hadīth, it is proven that Nabī Sallallāhu Alaihi Wa Sallam would visit Baqī‘ every night he spent at the home of Aishah Radhiyallāhu Anhā[3], which was once every week.  Hence, visiting the graveyard is not a special characteristic of this night.  Instead, it is a Sunnah to visit the graveyard at least once every week. [4]

So there are differences among reputable Ulama I guess.

As concluded by brother Daywalk3r, Mufti Farooq sahaab has a different stance too

Daywalk3r wrote:
View original post
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd June 2015 10:18
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd June 2015 12:02
One point in it doesn't appear to be correct. ( Denying the fazilat of this night)

I posted the whole msg but it didn't get posted. don't know why?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd June 2015 21:17
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd June 2015 23:23
blog.islamiconlineuniversity.com/shabaan-misconceptions-a...

The author of the above has grown up with a set of misconceptions, and now has adopted views some of which are sadly also misconceptions and misleading.

Quote:
Misconception # 1: The night of the 15th of Sha’baan should be singled out for worship, prayer, etc.
[/quote]

A misconception according to some not according to all.

Quote:
Misconception # 2: There are special prayers to be offered on this night.
[/quote]

Yes this is a misconception.

Quote:
Misconception # 3: Allah (Allah Subhanahu-wa-Taala) descends to the first heavens on this night to forgive us.
[/quote]

A misconception according to some not according to all.

Quote:
Misconception # 4: This is the night when our fate, lifespan, and provisions are decreed.
[/quote]

Seems as if a lot of Ulama are not mentioning this in their bayans anymore, due to the majority opinion being contrary to this.

[quote]Misconception # 5: One should fast on the day of the fifteenth.

Ulama are now mentioning that the fast is not sunnah nor mustahab. Growing up emphasis was placed on this fast now things are changing. Although there still seems to be some confusion, as one aalim may say its sunah and the next few days in the same minbar in the same asjid another alim may say its not.

[quote]Misconception # 6: This is the night when the souls of departed ones return to their families.

Never heard of this.

[quote]Misconception # 7: Visiting graveyards especially this night is something good.

Ulama are now saying that it is not a sunnah to do this nor should it be done every year thinking it is more virtuous do this action on this night.

[quote]Misconception # 8: Even if the ahadeeth about worship on this night are weak, one can still do it.

This is not a misconception, as there is also a difference of opinion regarding using weak hadith for fadail.
No post ratings