Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Miracles Of The Saints

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Naqshband66, Taalibah, Acacia, AishaZaynap, abu mohammed, dr76, Abu Taalib Deobandi, abuzayd2k
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 13th January 2012 10:40
Hasan Basri رحمه الله

Once Hadrat Hasan Basri رحمه الله accompanied by several people was on his way to the Ka'bah. During the journey they came across a well. They were all thirsty but had no rope to take water from the well. Hasan رحمه الله said, "I am beginning prayers, as I am praying, you will notice the water of the well shall rise so that it is easily accessible. You may then drink and quench your thirst."

All drank to their fill; however when one of the gathering after drinking filled a tumbler to keep by his side for future use, the water sank back down to its original level. When questioned about this strange occurrence, Hasan رحمه الله replied, "This was due to your lack of faith in depending solely on Allaah سبحانه و تعالى."

From amongst his miracles was that he would be present for all prayers in Makkah although he resided in Basra. Saints have said that on the night of Hasan Basri's death رحمه الله we saw the gates of the heavens opened and a caller calling, "Take notice! Hasan Basri has come to meet his Lord, and He is pleased with him." (Jame' Karamaatul Auliyah)

Shaykh Ahmad Ali

It is to be understood that the occurrence of miracles at the hands of the saints, by the command of Allaah سبحانه و تعالى is not far fetched. The mind can accept it, as nothing is outside the reach and commands of Allaah سبحانه و تعالى. If He so wills anything is possible.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 16th January 2012 08:02
Habib Ajmi (رحمه الله)

Once a guest was partaking of a meagre meal that poor Ajmi (رحمه الله) had prepared for him, when a beggar knocked at the door. Ajmi (رحمه الله) took all of the food and gave it to the beggar. Surprised at Ajmi's behaviour the guest (who was no other than Hasan Basri رحمه الله) said, "You must know a little manners too!" Ajmi (رحمه الله) was silent for a moment, when to the surprise of Hasan (رحمه الله) there appeared a lady with a delicious dish. Both sat and partook of the meal. Then Ajmi (رحمه الله) spoke, "Hasan, you are a good man. You should develop a little more faith in Allaah (سبحانه و تعالى)." (i.e. know that something given in Allaah's name returns several fold). (Tadhkeratul Auliya)

Shaykh Ahmad Ali
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 18th January 2012 08:28
Rabi Basria (may Allaah have mercy on her)

Once Rabia Basria began the holy pilgrimage to Makkah. She carried her luggage on an old donkey. The donkey fell dead on the way. Her companions volunteered to carry her luggage but she refused on the basis that she had set off for the Hajj under the shelter of the Lord not theirs. The caravan passed on and she was left alone. Rabia prayed to her Lord, "O Master of the worlds, I am a desolate, meek and poor woman. First You invited me to Your House, the Ka'bah and now you have killed my donkey leaving me alone in this wilderness." The prayer was uttered and at once the donkey was revived. She then placed her luggage upon it and proceeded on the pilgrimage.

On another occasion when Rabia proceeded on her pilgrimage to the Holy Ka'bah, and was passing through the wilderness she observed that the Ka'bah was coming towards her to welcome her. (Tadhkeratul Auliya)

Shaykh Ahmad Ali
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 20th January 2012 08:21
Ibrahim Ibn Adham (رحمه الله)

1) A pauper was passing on the way heavily drunk, his face covered with dust. On seeing him Ibrahim (رحمه الله) began cleaning the man's mouth remarking, "The mouth that is used in repeating the name of the Lord must always remain clean."

Upon becoming sober the man was ashamed of his deeds, he repented and gave up drinking. That night Ibrahim (رحمه الله) saw in his dream that angels came with news to him that since he had washed the mouth of the pauper, the Lord had cleansed his heart of evil thoughts in return for the good done by him.

Shaykh Ahmad Ali
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2012 08:05

2) Once Ibrahim (رحمه الله) was crossing a river boat, and a storm set in. The people were terrified. Ibrahim (رحمه الله) took out the Qur'an from his pocket and said, "If the boat sinks then this book will be lost, but this cannot be." Instantly, the Divine Voice was heard, "We shall not let the boat sink."

(Shaykh Ahmad Ali)
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 25th January 2012 07:44

3) One day a person inquired of Ibrahim (رحمه الله) what he gained by leaving the kingdom of Balkh. Ibrahim (رحمه الله) at the time was seated by the bank of a river. He threw his needle in to the water and commanded the fish to bring it to him. Thousands of fish came back to him with gold needles; however Ibrahim (رحمه الله) said that he wanted his own. In response to this a small fish brought the one that belonged to Ibrahim (رحمه الله). Thereupon Ibrahim (رحمه الله) told the man, "This is the smallest grade that has been conferred upon me as a result of my renouncing the kingdom of Balkh." [Tadhkiratul Auliya]

Shaykh Ahmad Ali
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 27th January 2012 09:35
Bishr Hafi (رحمه الله)

After his death a saint saw Bishr Hafi (رحمه الله) in a dream. When asked how he fared in the presence of the Lord he replied, "The Lord pretended to place a frown on His face and said, 'Hafi, why did you fear Me so much in the world? Did you not not know how Forgiving and Mericful I am? Indeed, now taste of the tastiest dishes for you fasted so much for my sake in the world, and drink of the choicest drinks for you didn't taste of them in the world because thereby you would have lost time and thereby disturbed your worship.'" (Tadhkiratul Auliya)

Shaykh Ahmad Ali
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2012 07:56
Dhun Nun Misri (رحمه الله)

As they were carrying the dead body of Dhun Nun (رحمه الله) through the streets, the birds in the sky spread their feathers and offered shade to his coffin. From the coffin his finger raised at the cry of the Mu'addhin from a mosque near by. People were suprised and came to check if he was alive, but he was dead. The finger remained in this raised position even after the coffin was lowered into the ground. (Tadhkiratul Auliya)

Shaykh Ahmad Ali (حفظه الله)
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd February 2012 08:22
'Abdullah Ibn Mubarak's (رحمه الله) Slave (رحمه الله)

'Abdullah Ibn Mubarak (رحمه الله) had a slave who he had promised liberty to if he earned and then paid him one hundred dinars. Due to this request the slave began making daily payments.

One day a friend of Ibn Mubarak (رحمه الله) told him, "Your slave passes the graveyard everyday, steals the coffins of the dead and pays you what he gets after selling them in the market." Irritated at this, Ibn Mubarak (رحمه الله) followed his slave one night into the graveyard to find out the truth.

There he saw the slave wearing a sack cloth and an iron ring around his neck descending into a grave lamenting and praying till morning.

Then he retired to a mosque, Ibn Mubarak (رحمه الله) followed him. There he continued praying, "O Allah, shortly I shall have to pay the day's wages to the master of my physical body." Immediately a light appeared before him. It fell into the palm of his hands and was converted into dinars. As he rose to go home and deliver the money, 'Abdullah Ibn Mubarak (رحمه الله) came out from his hiding place and, addressing his slave, said, "From today let us change places, you be the master and I your slave." (Tadhkiratul Auliya)

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 6th February 2012 08:12
Suhail Ibn 'Abdullah Tustari (رحمه الله)

Tustari (رحمه الله) said, "One day in the wilderness I met an old woman who looked very poor. I offered her a coin but she withdrew and raising her hand to the sky prayed to Allaah (سبحانه و تعالى), and a gold coin appeared in her hand.

Smiling, she remarked that, "You take out money from your pocket whilst I receive it from the Unseen Power." Saying this, she disappeared. (Tadhkiratul Auliya)

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 9th February 2012 08:00
Junaid Baghdadi (رحمه الله)

1) Once one of the opponents of Hadrat Junaid (رحمه الله) raised a cry and attempted to defame him. They persuaded the Caliph to send his most beautiful slave girl to test his character.

The slave girl went to Junaid (رحمه الله) and began her coquettish tricks. Junaid (رحمه الله) raised his eyes, looked at her and again cast down his eyes. The girl continued in her quest. Junaid (رحمه الله) then raised his head and blew a breath upon her. She fell dead instantly.

The Caliph was pained greatly by her death and reproached Hadrat Junaid (رحمه الله) saying, "How could you tolerate killing such a beauty of the world?" Junaid (رحمه الله) replied, "Just as you, the representative of Allaah (سبحانه و تعالى) on earth, could tolerate attempting to ruin my 40 years of spiritual practises!"

[Shaykh Ahmad Ali (حفظه الله)]
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 13th February 2012 07:24

2)

Junaid (رحمه الله) once said, my teacher Hadrat Saqti (رحمه الله) ordered me to deliver sermons. I claimed I could not do so in his presence. During the night the Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم) appeared to me in my dream and commanded me to deliver sermons.

In the morning as I was going to convery the message of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) to my teacher I found him waiting at the door expecting me. Immediately on seeing me he remarked, 'Up until now you have wanted somebody else to tell you to deliver sermons before you would do so.'

Surprised, I questioned how he would know all that had happened to me. He replied that the Lord (Allaah سبحانه و تعالى) had told him.

Shaykh Ahmad Ali حفظه الله
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 15th February 2012 07:25

3) Upon Junaids death (رحمه الله) when the time arrived for the people to give the dead body its final bath, the divine voice was heard, "Keep water away from the eyes of our friend. They are closed in ecstasy and shall open when they are blessed our vision. Do not attempt to open his closed fist; this has closed due to counting our name on his fingers. It shall open when We shall order so."

Shortly a pigeon flew in, sat on the coffin of Junaid (رحمه الله) and began to speak in a human voice, "My feathers are nailed to this coffin with nails of love. If you do not carry the coffin I shall fly with it to heaven." [Tadhkiratul Auliya]

Shaykh Ahmad Ali (حفظه الله )
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 17th February 2012 07:16
'Umar Ibn 'Abdul 'Azeez (رحمه الله)

It has been narrated by Hadrat Mujahid (رحمه الله) that 'Umar Ibn 'Abdul 'Azeez (رحمه الله) questioned, "What do people say with regards with me?" I replied, "The people state that magic has been practised upon you." To this 'Umar (رحمه الله) said, "No magic has been practised upon me."

Then he called for a certain slave and said, "How sad! What has caused you to mix poison in my drink?" The slave girl replied, "1,000 dinars have been given to me along with the promise of freedom." 'Umar (رحمه الله) then asked for the 1,000 dinars. They were brought to him and he placed the 1,000 dinars in the Baitul Mal. Then he asked the slave to go away somewhere where no one would be able to see her. (Tadhkiratul Huffaz)

Shaykh Ahmad 'Ali (حفظه الله)
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 20th February 2012 08:02
Sara (عليها السلام) Wife Of Prophet Ibraheem (عليه السلام)

It has been narrated that Hadrat Ibraheem (عليه السلام), accompanied by Hadrat Sara (عليها السلام) during the Hijrah, came accross a city that was ruled by a tyrant king. He was informed that Hadrat Ibraheem (عليه السلام) was passing through with a woman of immense beauty and so he sent people to find out who she was in relation to Hadrat Ibraheem (عليه السلام).

When questioned Hadrat Ibraheem (عليه السلام) replied, "She is my sister." Then he approached Hadrat Sara (عليها السلام) and asked her to enforse his statement, "I have told the people that you are my sister. By Allaah there is no Muslim on this land apart from you and I, hence you are my sister in Islaam."

Meanwhile, the King sent for Hadrat Sara (عليها السلام) and attempted to approach her with bad intentions. Hadrat Sara (عليها السلام) made wudu' and began praying, "Oh Allaah! I have placed my faith you and your Nabi, and apart from my husband I have kept myself pure and chaste, do let this non-believer overcome me."

Suddenly the King was taken by fits and began banging his feet. Hadrat Sara (عليها السلام) then prayed, "Oh Allaah! If he dies now people will say I have killed him." Her prayer was again answered and he was freed of his situation. On recovery the king repeated his bad intentions. Sara (عليها السلام) repeated her prayer to her Lord (سبحانه و تعالى). Again the King was overcome with fits. Sara (عليها السلام) again prayed to Allaah (سبحانه و تعالى), "If he dies now people will accuse me of his murder," hence the king was spared. On recovery this time the king proclaimed to the people, "By God you have brought me a devil! Return her to Ibraheem and give him also Hajra."

On return, Hadrat Sara (عليها السلام) said to Ibraheem (عليه السلام), "Are you aware of how Allaah (سبحانه و تعالى) disgraced the non-believer and also gave us a slave girl for our work." (Narrated by Imam Bukhari (رحمه الله) from Hadrat Abu Hurayrah (رضي الله عنه)) (Kanzul 'Ummaal)
+1 -0Like x 1

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'Remote' written in?