Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Ma'ariful Qur'an

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
2ak, Taqwah, Yasin, Seifeddine-M, sweetmuslimahk1, Mujaahid, queenie, abu mohammed, ibn Ismail, abuzayd2k
29 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 14th December 2010 11:36
Virtues of Reciting the Holy Qur'aan

The Holy Qur'aan should be recited daily. Here we mention some Ahaadith with regards to the excellence of reciting the Holy Qur'aan:

"Recite the Holy Qur'aan for it will come as an intercessor for its reciter on the Day of Judgement."

Allah Ta'ala says, "If anyone finds no time for My remembrance and for begging My favours due to remaining engaged in the recitation of the Qur'aan, I shall give him more than what I give to all those who beg favours of Me." The superiority of the word of Allah over all other words is like the superiority of Allah over the entire creation.

"Learn the Qur'aan and recite it, because the example of one who learns the Qur'aan, reads it and recites it in Tahajjud is like an open bag full of musk whose fragrance permeates the entire place. And the person who has learned the Qur'aan but sleeps while the Qur'aan is in the heart is like a bag full of musk with its mouth closed."

"Whoever recites one letter of the Book of Allah, for him will be one hasanah (blessing); and one hasanah is worth ten others. I do not say that Alif Laam Meem is one letter, but Alif is one letter, Laam is one letter and Meem is one letter."

"Envy is not permitted except in respect of two persons - one whom Allah blesses with the recitation of the Qur'aan and he remains engaged in it day and night, and the other is one who is given abundance of wealth by Allah and he spends it (in Allah's path) day and night."

'It will be said to the reciter of the Qur'aan (on the Day of Qiyaamah), "Go on reciting the Qur'aan and continue ascending the stages of Jannah; and recite it in the same manner as you had been reciting it in the worldly life; your final abode will be where you reach when you read the last aayah of your recitation."'

"One who recites the Qur'aan and is well versed in it (i.e. its recitation), will be in the company of angels who are scribes, noble and righteous; and one who falters in its recitation and has to exert himself, will get double the reward."

report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 14th December 2010 11:42
The Virtues of Surah Fatihah

1. Hazrat Abu Saeed ibn Al-Mu'alla radiyallahu anhu said, "While I was praying in the Masjid, the Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam called me. I did not answer him then, but went to him afterwards and explained that I had been praying, whereupon he asked me whether Allah Ta'ala had not said, 'Respond to Allah and to the Messenger when he calls you.' adding, 'Let me teach you the greatest Surah in the Qur'aan before you leave the Masjid.' He then took me by the hand and when we were about to go out I reminded him of his promise to me that he would teach me the greatest Surah in the Qur'aan. He said, Surah Fatihah which is the seven oft-repeated verses in the Mighty Qur'aan which has been given to me."

2. Hazrat Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu reported that when Allah's Messenger sallallahu alaihe wasallam once asked Ubayy ibn Ka'ab radiyallahu anhu, what he recited in his prayers. He replied Umm-ul Qur'aan (Surah Fatihah). The Holy Prophet salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam proclaimed, "By Him in whose dominion my soul is, nothing like it has been revealed in the Torah, the Gospel, the Psalms, or the Qur'aan and it is seven of the oft-repeated verses in the Mighty Qur'aan which I have been given."

3. Hazrat Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu reported Allah's Messenger sallallahu alaihe wasallam as saying, "If anyone observes a prayer in which he does not recite Umm-ul Qur'aan, it is deficient (he said this three times) and incomplete."

Allah's Messenger sallallahu alaihe wasallam said that Allah Most High had said, "I have divided the prayer into two halves between Me and My servant, and My servant will receive what he asks.'

When the servant says, 'Praise be to Allah Lord of the Universe.'

Allah most high says, 'My servant has praised Me.'

When he says, 'The Compassionate the Merciful.'

Allah most high says, 'My servant has lauded Me.'

When he says, 'Possessor of the Day of Judgement.'

Allah says, 'My servant has glorified me,'

When he says, 'Thee do we worship and of Thee do we ask help.'

Allah says, 'This is between Me and My servant, and My servant will receive what he asks.'

Then when he says, 'Guide us in the straight path, the path of those whom thou hast favoured; not of those with whom Thou art angry nor of those who go astray.'

Allah says, 'This is for My servant, and My servant will receive what he asks."

4. Hazrat Abdul Malik ibn Umair radiyallahu anhu reports that Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam said, "In Surah Fatihah there is a cure for all ailments."

5. Ambari in his 'Kitaabur-Rad' through his own chain of narrators has mentioned from Mujahid ibn Jabr rahmatullahi alaihe that Iblees the accursed of Allah Ta'ala lamented on four occasions: first when he was cursed; secondly when he was cast out of Heaven to the Earth; thirdly when Hazrat Muhammad sallallahu alaihe wasallam was given the Prophethood; fourthly when Surah Fatihah was revealed and it was revealed in Madinah.

6. Hazrat Abu Saeed radiyallahu anhu has said, "We were out on a journey. After a while we stopped to camp. Suddenly a girl came along saying that the chief of the clan has been bitten by a snake (or stung by a scorpion) and our menfolk are away from home. Is there anybody amongst you who can recite Ruqyah (incantations)? Whereupon a man stood up with her, we never used to cast any suspicion on him regarding him reciting Ruqyah (incantations). Nevertheless, he recited some charm on the chief and he was healed. Then the chief ordered 30 goats to be given to him, and he gave us milk to drink. When he returned we inquired, "Do you really know this science (or we inquired, were you reading spells)?"

He replied, "I merely read Surah Fatihah."

We said, "Don't say a word about this till we return (or until we ask Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam)."

When we came to Madinah, we brought this incident to the notice of Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam . Thus he replied, "And how did he know that Surah Fatihah is read as a Ruqyah (incantation)? Divide and assign a share for me as well."
(Sahih Al-Bukhari, Muslim and Sunan Abu Dawood)

7. Hazrat Ibn Abbas radiyallahu anhu narrates that once Jibraeel (alayhi sallam) was sitting with the Apostle sallallahu alaihe wasallam when all of a sudden he heard a noise from above and raised his head. Thereafter he said, "This is a door of heaven which has been opened today and never has it been opened save this day, and from there has descended an angel." The Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam further said, "This is an angel which has come down to Earth and never has he come down but this day. He has given greetings and has said, 'Receive the good news of two lights, which have been bestowed on you, which no Prophet before you has been bestowed with. One is Surah Fatihah and the other, the concluding portion of Surah Baqarah, you will recite no word of it but you will be granted reward for it."
(Sahih Muslim)
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 14th December 2010 11:47
The Virtues of Surah Baqarah

This Surah has excellent qualities and it gains great reward for its reader, it is called the pavilion of the Qur'aan. Khalid ibn Ma'dan has said that, the reason of this is that, this Surah has great virtues and contains law, commands and advice in abundance. Hazrat Umar radiyallahu anhu learnt this Surah along with acquiring its understanding in 12 years and his son Hazrat Abdullah radiyallahu anhu in 8 years.

1. Hazrat Abu Saeed Khudri radiyallahu anhu relates from Usaid ibn Hudhair radiyallahu anhu saying that one night he was reciting Surah Baqarah with his mare tied beside him. It began to run round in circles so he stopped reciting due to which the mare stopped moving. He resumed his recitation and again it went round in circles, so he stopped reciting and it stopped moving. Once more he recited and even on this occasion the mare moved round in circles, so he terminated his Qur'aanic recital, for his son Yahya was near it and he was afraid it might injure him. When he had moved him back he raised his head towards the sky and saw something like a canopy, which appeared to have lamps in it. When he told the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam of it in the morning, he said, "You should keep on reciting Ibn Hudhair, you should keep on reciting Ibn Hudhair."

He replied, "I was afraid, O' Messenger of Allah sallallahu alaihe wasallam , that it might trample on Yahya who was near by. Therefore, I went to him, and when I raised my head to the sky and saw something like a canopy, which appeared to have lamps in it. I went out but could not see them."

The Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam asked whether he knew what it was and when he replied in the negative, he said, "Those were the angels who had drawn near to listen to your voice. If you had continued reciting, the people would have looked at them in the morning and they would not have concealed themselves from them."

Muslim has narrated, "They went up into the air" instead of "I went out."

2. Hazrat Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu reported Allah's Messenger sallallahu alaihe wasallam to have said, "Do not make your houses graveyards. The devil flees from the house in which Surah Baqarah is recited."
(Muslim)

3. Hazrat Abdullah ibn Mas'ood radiyallahu anhu has been reported to have said that, "Everything has a hump and the hump of the Qur'aan is Surah Baqarah. Everything has a core and the core of the Qur'aan is Surah Al-Mufassal."
(Da'ramee)

4. Hazrat Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu has said that Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam sent a large army in a Jihad campaign, thereupon he asked every one of them to read that much Qur'aan which one knew. Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam happened to pass by the most elderly in age, so he asked how much Qur'aan he knew. The man replied this much and this much and Surah Baqarah. Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam said, "Now go, for you are their Ameer (Leader)."

Upon this a noble man said, "Nothing prevented me from learning Surah Baqarah but I was afraid that I could not keep its commandments."

Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam further stated, "Learn the Qur'aan and keep reciting it. Because the similitude of the Qur'aan for one who learns, recites and uses it in prayer at night is a bag filled with Musk whose fragrance diffuses itself everywhere; and he who learns it and goes to sleep having it within him is like a bag with Musk tied up in it."

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 14th December 2010 14:21
The Great Virtues and Benefits of Ayat Al-Kursi

اللَّهُ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ الْحَيُّ الْقَيُّومُ لاَ تَأْخُذُهُ سِنَةٌ وَلاَ نَوْمٌ لَهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الأَرْضِ مَنْ ذَا الَّذِي يَشْفَعُ عِنْدَهُ إِلاَّ بِإِذْنِهِ يَعْلَمُ مَا بَيْنَ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَمَا خَلْفَهُمْ وَلاَ يُحِيطُونَ بِشَيْءٍ مِنْ عِلْمِهِ إِلاَّ بِمَا شَاءَ وَسِعَ كُرْسِيُّهُ السَّمَاو ;َاتِ وَالأَرْضَ وَلاَ يَئُودُهُ حِفْظُهُمَا وَهُوَ الْعَلِيُّ الْعَظِيمُ

Allahu la ilaha illa huwa Al -Haiyul-Qaiyum
La ta'khudhuhu sinatun wa la nawm
lahu ma fi as-samawati wa ma fil-'ard
Man dhal-ladhi yashfa'u 'indahu illa bi-idhnihi
Ya'lamu ma bayna aydihim wa ma khalfahum
wa la yuhituna bi shai'in min 'ilmihi illa bima sha'a
Wasi'a kursiyuhus-samawati wal ard
wa la ya'uduhu hifdhuhuma wa Hu wal 'Aliyul-Adheem

Allah! none has the right to be worshipped but He, the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists. Neither slumber nor sleep overtakes Him. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. Who is he that can intercede with Him except with His Permission? He knows what happens to them (His creatures) in this world, and what will happen to them in the Hereafter. And they will never compass anything of His Knowledge except that which He wills. His Kursi encompasses the heavens and the earth, and preserving them does not fatigue Him. And He is the Most High, the Most Great.' (2:255)

Abu Hurairah (radiallahu anh) reported: The Messenger of Allah (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) put me in charge of charity of Ramadan (Sadaqat-ul-Fitr). Somebody came to me and began to take away some food-stuff. I caught him and said, "I must take you to the Messenger of Allah (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam).'' He said, "I am a needy man with a large family, and so I have a pressing need.'' I let him go. When I saw the Messenger of Allah (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) next morning, he asked me, "O Abu Hurairah! What did your captive do last night?'' I said, "O Messenger of Allah! He complained of a pressing need and a big family. I felt pity for him so I let him go.'' He (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said, "He told you a lie and he will return.'' I was sure, according to the saying of the Messenger of Allah (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) that he would return. I waited for him. He sneaked up again and began to steal food-stuff from the Sadaqah. I caught him and said; "I must take you to the Messenger of Allah (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam).'' He said, "Let go of me, I am a needy man. I have to bear the expenses of a big family. I will not come back.'' So I took pity on him and let him go. I went at dawn to the Messenger of Allah (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) who asked me, "O Abu Hurairah! What did your captive do last night?'' I replied, "O Messenger of Allah! He complained of a pressing want and the burden of a big family. I took pity on him and so I let him go.'' He (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said, "He told you a lie and he will return.'' (That man) came again to steal the food-stuff. I arrested him and said, "I must take you to the Messenger of Allah (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam), and this is the last of three times. You promised that you would not come again but you did.'' He said, "Let go of me, I shall teach you some words with which Allah may benefit you.'' I asked, "What are those words?'' He replied, "When you go to bed, recite Ayat-ul-Kursi (2:255) for there will be a guardian appointed over you from Allah, and Satan will not be able to approach you till morning.'' So I let him go. Next morning the Messenger of Allah (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) asked me, "What did your prisoner do last night.'' I answered, "He promised to teach me some words which he claimed will benefit me before Allah. So I let him go.'' The Messenger of Allah (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) asked, "What are those words that he taught you?'' I said, "He told me: `When you go to bed, recite Ayat-ul-Kursi from the beginning to the end i.e., Allah! none has the right to be worshipped but He, the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists. Neither slumber nor sleep overtakes Him. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. Who is he that can intercede with Him except with His Permission? He knows what happens to them (His creatures) in this world, and what will happen to them in the Hereafter. And they will never compass anything of His Knowledge except that which He wills. His Kursi encompasses the heavens and the earth, and preserving them does not fatigue Him. And He is the Most High, the Most Great.' (2:255). He added: `By reciting it, there will be a guardian appointed over you from Allah who will protect you during the night, and Satan will not be able to come near you until morning'.'' The Messenger of Allah (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said, "Verily, he has told you the truth though he is a liar. O Abu Hurairah! Do you know with whom you were speaking for the last three nights?'' I said, "No.'' He (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said, "He was Shaitan (Satan).''
[Al-Bukhari]

Ubayy ibn Ka`b (radiallahu anh) reported: The Messenger of Allah (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: "Abu Mundhir! Do you know which Ayah in Allah's Book is the greatest?'' I replied: "It is `Allah la ilaha illa Huwal-Haiyul-Qayum (Allah! none has the right to be worshipped but He, the Ever Living...)'.'' (2:256) Thereupon he (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) patted me in the chest and said, "Rejoice by this knowledge, O Abu Mundhir!''
[Muslim]

Hadhrat Hassan ibn Ali (radiallahu anhuma) says: A person once asked: "Oh Rasulallaah (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) what does that person receive who recites Ayatul Kursi after every Fard Salaat?" Nabi (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) replied: "That person remains under the protection of Allaah until the next Salaat."

Hadhrat Muhammad bin al Saumi bin Al Salsal bin Damasc narrates from his father, who in turn, narrates from his father that Prophet (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: "Whoever recites Ayatul Kursi after every fard Salaat, there is only death between him and Jannat."

Hadhrat 'A'isha (radiallahu anha) narrates that one person came to the Prophet (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) and said that there was absolutely no "Barakat" (blessings) in the things at home. Nabi (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) replied, "Why are you neglectful of Ayatul Kursi." Whenever Aayatul Kursi is recited upon food, Allaah will increase the Barakat in that food.

Hadhrat Ali (radiallahu anh) says "I have heard Rasulallaah (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) say that person who recites Ayatul Kursi after every Salaat, only death prevents him from Jannat and who recites it whilst retiring to his sleeping place, Allaah will protect his house, his neighbours and even his surroundings."

Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (radiallahu anh) narrates this (above) Hadith from Rasulallaah (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam), with the addition that there is an Ayat in Surah Baqara, which is the chief ayat of the Qur'aan. Whosoever recites it in a house wherein Shaitaan is, he (Shaitaan) will leave.

Hadhrat Ibn Mas'ood (radiallahu anh) says that a person requested Rasulallaah (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) to teach him something that will benefit him. Nabi (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said, 'Read Ayatul Kursi, it will protect you, your children, home and even those houses surrounding your house.'

Hadhrat Abu Qatada (radiallahu anh) narrates that Nabi (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said."Whoever reads Ayatul Kursi and the last Ayat of Surah Baqarah when in difficulty, then Allaah listens to that plea."

Hadhrat Qatadah (radiallahu anh) says: "Whoever recites Ayatul Kursi on his sleeping bed, Allaah Ta'aala nominates 2 angels to protect him until morning."

Hadhrat Fatima Zahra (radiallahu anha) narrates, 'When the time approached for her delivery, then Nabi (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) ordered Hadhrat Umme Salama (radiallahu anha) and Hadhrat Zainab (radiallahu anha) to go to Fatima and recite Ayatul Kursi and and the last two Quls and blow on her.'

Hadhrat Ali (radiallahu anh) narrates, "I cannot understand how a person, who is a Muslim and owner of reason (intellect), can spend the night without reading Ayatul Kursi. If you knew the benefits of it, then you will never discard it under any condition."

Rasulallaah (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) stated, "I have been given Aayatul Kursi from the treasures under the Arsh (Throne) of Allaah and it was not given to anyone before me."

Hadhrat Ali (radiallahu anh) says, "From the time I have heard this, I have never passed a night without reading it."

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 14th December 2010 14:25
The Virtues of the Concluding Verses of Surah Baqarah

Hadhrat Abu Mas'ood radiyallahu anhu reported Allah's Messenger sallallahu alaihe wasallam as saying, "If anyone recites the two verses at the end of Surah Baqarah at night, they will be enough for him." (This either means that he will not need to indulge in Tahajjud prayer, these verses will compensate for it or they will be enough in protecting him overnight.)

Hadhrat Nu'man ibn Bashir radiyallahu anhu reported Allah's Messenger sallallahu alaihe wasallam as saying, "Two thousand years before creating the Heavens and the Earth Allah inscribed a book from which He sent down two verses, with which He concluded Surah Al-Baqarah. The shaitan will not come near a house in which they are recited for three nights."

Aifa ibn Abdul Kilai radiyallahu anhu told of a man who asked Allah's Messenger sallallahu alaihe wasallam which Surah of the Qur'aan was the greatest and was told that it is Surah Ikhlaas (Qul huwallahu ahad). He asked which verse of the Qur'aan was greatest and was told that it is the Throne Verse (Allahu La ilaah illa Huwal Hayyul Qayyum). He asked, "O' Prophet of Allah which verse would you like for yourself and your Ummah?"

The Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam replied, "The end of Surah Al-Baqarah, for it is one of the treasures of Allah's Mercy, kept under his throne which he gave to this Ummah, and there is no good in this world and the next which it does not include."

Shabi rahmatullahi alaihe says that Hadhrat Abdullah ibn Mas'ood radiyallahu anhu has said, "Whoever prays at night ten verses of Surah Baqarah the devil will not come to that house until morning: Its first four verses, the Throne and the two verses following it and its last three verses, the first being lillahi maa fis samaawaati."

Jubair ibn Nufair reported Allah's Messenger sallallahu alaihe wasallam as saying, "Allah Ta'ala finished Surah Baqarah with two verses which I have been given from His treasure which is under the Throne; so learn them and teach them to your women-folk for they are a blessing, a means of approach (to Allah Ta'ala) and a supplication."
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 14th December 2010 23:04
The Virtues of Surah Baqarah (continued) & Surah Ale Imran

1. Abu Umaamah radiyallahu anhu said he heard Allah's Messenger sallallahu alaihe wasallam say, "Recite the Qur'aan, for on the Day of Resurrection it will come as an intercessor for those who recite it. Recite the two shining ones, Baqarah and Surah Aale Imran, for on the day of resurrection they will come as two clouds or two shades, or two flocks of birds in ranks pleading for those who recite them. Recite Surah Al-Baqarah, for reading it produces blessing and abandoning it causes regret, and the Batalah are unable to recite it." (Some have translated Batalah as magicians).

2. Nawas ibn Sam'aan radiyallahu anhu said he heard the Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam say, "On the Day of Resurrection the Qur'aan and those who acted according to it will be brought with Surah Al-Baqarah and Aale Imran preceding them like two black clouds or canopies with light between them, or two flocks of birds in ranks pleading for the one who recited them."

3. Makhul said, "If one recites Aale Imran on a Friday, the angels will invoke blessings on him till night comes."

4. Hazrat Usman ibn Affan radiyallahu anhu said, "If anyone recites the end of Surah Aale Imran at night, the reward for a night spent in prayer will be recorded for him."
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 14th December 2010 23:09
Virtues Of Surah Nisaa

Hadhrat Abdullah ibn Mas'ood radiyallahu anhu has said, "Verily there are 5 verses in Surah Nisaa and in place of these verses this world and all that is in is does not please me."

(I)
"If you avoid great sins which you are forbidden to do, We shall remit from you your (small) sins, and admit you to a Noble Entrance (i.e. Paradise)."
(Surah Nisaa:31)

(II)
"Surely, Allah wrongs not even of the weight of an atom (or a small ant), but if there is any good (done), He doubles it, and gives from Him a great reward."
(Surah Nisaa:40)

(III)
"Verily, Allah forgives not that partners should be set up with him in worship, but He forgives except that (anything else) to whom He pleases, and whoever sets up partners with Allah in worship, he has indeed invented a tremendous sin."
(Surah Nisaa:48)

(IV)
"If they (the hypocrites), when they had been unjust to themselves, had come to you (Muhammad sallallahu alaihe wasallam) and begged Allah's forgiveness, and the Messenger had begged forgiveness for them, they would have found Allah indeed the All-Forgiving (One who accepts repentance), Most Merciful."
(Surah Nisaa:64)

(V)
"And whoever earns a sin, he earns it only against himself. And Allah is ever All-Knowing, All-Wise."
(Surah Nisaa:110)

This statement of Hadhrat Abdullah ibn Mas'ood radiyallahu anhu has been recorded by Ibn Jareer.

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 16th December 2010 06:44
The Virtues of Surah An'aam

1) Hadhrat Abu Jafar through his chain of transmission narrates from Hadhrat Anas ibn Malik radiyallahu anhu, saying that Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam has said, "When Surah An'aam was revealed, along with it were a host of angels covering both sides of the sky. They were singing praises and the Earth was shaking because of them." and Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam was saying, "Glorified is my tremendous mighty Lord." three times.
(Qurtubi)

2) Hadhrat Umar ibn Al-Khattab radiyallahu anhu said, "Surah An'aam is from the core of the Qur'aan."
(Qurtubi)

3) Mahdawi has mentioned that the commentators of the Qur'aan have said that the Torah was commenced with Alhamdu lillahilathee khalaqas samaawaati wal ardh (the first verse of Surah An'aam) and it has been terminated with verse Alhamdu lillahillathee lam yattakhiz waladaw walam yakul lahu shareekun fil mulki (the last verse of Surah Bani Israeel).
(Qurtubi)

4) Hadhrat Jabir radiyallahu anhu narrates that Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam said, "Whoever prays the first three verses of Surah An'aam until Wa ya'lamu ma taksibun, Allah Ta'ala appoints for him one thousand angels who record his worship similar of their own. And an angel descends from the seventh heaven, with a crooked rod of iron. Now when the satan wishes to whisper to the reciter or drive into his heart the inclination of some sin the angel hits the satan such a hard blow that seventy barriers form between the satan and the reciter. And on Resurrection Day Allah Ta'ala will say to him, 'Walk in My shade this day in which besides My shade no other shade exists. And eat the fruits of My paradise and drink from the pool of Kawthar, and take a wash from the spring of Salsabeel, for you are My servant and I am your Lord."
(Qurtubi)

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 17th December 2010 06:05
The Virtues Of Surah Hud

Hadhrat Ka'b radiyallahu anhu says that Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam has said, "Recite Surah Hud on Friday."
(Daree)

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 17th December 2010 06:24
The Virtues Of Surah Kahf

Abud-Darda' (radiallahu anh) reported: The Messenger of Allah (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: "Whoever commits to memory the first ten Ayat of the Surat Al-Kahf, will be protected from (the trial of) Ad-Dajjal (Antichrist).''
[Muslim]

In another narration, the Messenger of Allah (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: "(Whoever commits to memory) the last ten Ayat of Surat Al-Kahf, he will be protected from (the trial of) Ad-Dajjal (Antichrist).''

Ad-Dajjal will appear sometime before Yaum-ul-Qiyamah. Allah, the Almighty will give him some supernatural powers the manifestation of which will shake the faith of many people. For this reason, this will be a serious trial. All Prophets (alayhimus-sallam) warned their people against him. Our Prophet (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) also warned us against him and ordered us to guard ourselves from it and strictly advised us to seek Refuge of Allah against it.

It was narrated that Ibn 'Umar (radiallahu anhuma) said: "The Messenger of Allaah (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: 'Whoever reads Soorat al-Kahf on the day of Jumu'ah (Friday), a light will shine for him from beneath his feet to the clouds of the sky, which will shine for him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will be forgiven (his sins) between the two Fridays.'"
[Al-Mundhiri said, this was narrated by Abu Bakr ibn Mardawayh in his Tafseer, with an isnaad with which there was nothing wrong]

From Abu Sa'eed al-Khudri (radiallahu anh), who said: "Whoever reads Soorat al-Kahf on the night of Jumu'ah (Friday), will have a light that will stretch between him and the Ancient House (the Ka'bah)."
[Narrated by al-Daarimi, 3407]

"Whoever reads Soorat al-Kahf on the day of Jumu'ah (Friday), will have a light that will shine from him from one Friday to the next."
[Narrated by al-Haakim, 2/399; al-Bayhaqi, 3/249. Ibn Hajar said in Takhreej al-Adhkaar that this is a hasan hadeeth, and he said, this is the strongest report that has been narrated concerning reading Soorat al-Kahf. See: Fayd al-Qadeer, 6/198]

The soorah may be read during the night or the day of Jumu'ah. The night of Jumu'ah starts from sunset on Thursday, and the day of Jumu'ah ends at sunset. Therefore the time for reading this soorah extends from sunset on Thursday to sunset on Friday.

Al-Mannaawi said:
Al-Haafiz ibn Hajar said in his Amaali: "In some reports it says 'the day of Jumu'ah' and in some reports it says 'the night of Jumu'ah'. They may be reconciled by saying that what is meant is the day which includes the night and vice versa." (Fayd al-Qadeer, 6/199)

Al-Mannaawi also said:
"It is recommended to read it during the day or night of Jumu'ah, as al-Shaafa'i (rahmatullahi alaih) stated." (Fayd al-Qadeer, 6/198)

It is recommended to recite Surat al-Kahf completely the night before Friday, and it is also recommended to do so Friday itself, before Maghrib time. Ibn Abidin said, �And it is best to do so early on Friday, in order to rush to the good and to avoid forgetting. �
[Ibn Abidin, Radd al-Muhtar, �Bab al-Jumu`ah�]

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 18th December 2010 08:23
The Virtue of Surah Ta ha

Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (radiallahu anh) reported Allah's Messenger (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) as saying, "A thousand years before creating the Heavens and the Earth Allah Ta'ala recited Ta ha and Yaseen. And when the angels heard the recitation they said, 'Glad tidings for those people to whom this comes down, good news for those hearts which carry this and good news for those tongues which utter this."

(Darimee)

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 18th December 2010 11:11
1 - The Messenger of Allah (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said:

"Whoever wants to to love Allah and His Messenger, then let him read the Mus-haf."
['Sahih al-Jami''; # 6289]

2 - Ibn 'Abbas narrated:

"al-Walid bin al-Mughirah (a polytheist) came to the Messenger of Allah (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam). The Messenger of Allah (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) recited the Qur'an to him, and al-Walid seemed to become affected and softened by it. Abu Jahl came to know of this, so, he came to al-Walid and said: "Don't you see that your people are collecting charity for you?" He said: "And why is that?" Abu Jahl replied: "So that they can give it to you, as they see that you went to Muhammad to get some of his food." al-Walid said: "Quraysh knows that I am of the wealthiest of its sons." Abu Jahl said: "So, say to Muhammad something that would convince your people that you oppose him." al-Walid replied: "And what can I possibly say? There is not a single man who is more knowledgable of poetry or prose than I, or even that of the Jinn, and by Allah, what he says bears no resemblance to these things. By Allah, what he says has a sweetness to it, and a charm upon it; the highest part of it is fruitful and the lowest part of it is gushing forth with bounty; it dominates and cannot be dominated, and it crushes all that is under it.""
[Reported by al-Hakim in 'al-Mustadrak' (2/506-507) and at-Tabari in 'Jami' al-Bayan' (29/156), and it is authentic]

3 - Jubayr bin Mut'im said:

"I heard the Messeger of Allah (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) recite 'at-Tur' in the Maghrib prayer, and when he got to the verses
"Were they created by nothing, or were they themselves the creators? Or did they create the heavens and the earth? No, but they have no firm Belief. Or are with them the treasures of your Lord? Or are they the tyrants with the authority to do as they like?"
[at-Tur; 35-37], my heart wanted to fly from my body out of awe."

['Tafsir Ibn Kathir'; 4/309]

4 - 'Uthman ibn 'Affan said:

"If our hearts were truly pure, we would never get enough of the Words of our Lord, and I hate that one day passes with me not looking in the Mushaf."
['al-Bidayah wan-Nihayah'; 7/215]

5 - Ibn Abi Mulaykah narrated:

"'Ikrimah bin Abi Jahl used to press the Mushaf to his face and cry, saying: "The Book of my Lord! The Words of my Lord!""
[Reported by 'Abdullah bin al-Mubarak in 'al-Jihad'; # 56]

6 - Bishr bin as-Sirri said:

"Verily, each verse is like a date: the more you chew it, the more of its sweetness is released." Abu Sulayman heard this and commented: "True. It is the case with one of you that if he begins one chapter of it, he wants to read it to the end."
['al-Hadith fi 'Ulum al-Qur'an'; p. 70]

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 18th December 2010 23:10
The Virtues of Surah Sajdah

1) Hadhrat Jabir radiyallahu anhu narrates that the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam would not retire to bed until he had read Alif Laam Tanzeel (Surah Sajdah) and Surah Tabaarak (Surah Mulk).
(Tirmizi)

2) Hadhrat Khalid ibn Ma'dan radiyallahu anhu said, "Recite the Deliverer, which is Alif Laam Tanzeel (Surah Sajdah), for I have heard that a man who had committed many sins used to recite it and nothing else. It spread its wing over him and said, 'O' My Lord, forgive him, for he often used to recite me.' So the Lord Most High made it an intercessor for him and said, 'Record for him a good deed and raise him a degree in place of every sin." Hadhrat Khalid radiyallahu anhu also said, "It will dispute on behalf of the one who recites it when he is in his grave saying, 'O' Allah, if I am part of Thy Book, make me an intercessor for him. But if I am not a part of Thy Book, blot me out of it.' It will be like a bird putting its wing on him, it will intercede for him and will protect him from the punishment in the grave." He said the same about Tabaarakallathee (Surah Mulk). Hadhrat Khalid radiyallahu anhu did not go to sleep at night till he had recited them. Taus said that they were given sixty virtues more than any other Surah in the Holy Qur'aan.

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 18th December 2010 23:16
The Virtues of Surah Yaseen

1) Hadrat Anas radiyallahu anhu reported Allah's Messenger sallallahu alaihe wasallam as saying, "Everything has a heart and the heart of the Holy Qur'aan is Yaseen. Allah Ta'ala will record anyone who recites Yaseen as having recited the Holy Qur'aan ten times."
(Tirmizi, Darimee)

2) Hadrat Ata ibn Abu Rabah radiyallahu anhu told of hearing that Allah's Messenger sallallahu alaihe wasallam said, "If anyone recites Yaseen at the beginning of the day, his needs will be fulfilled."
(Darimee)

3) Hadrat Maqil ibn Yasaar Muzani radiyallahu anhu reported the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam as saying, "If anyone recites Surah Yaseen for Allah's pleasure, his past sins will be forgiven; so recite it on those who are dying."
(Baihaqi)

4) Hadrat Anas radiyallahu anhu reported Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam as saying, "Whoever goes to the graveyard and reads Surah Yaseen Allah Ta'ala gives them (the grave dwellers) ease that day, and the reciter receives spiritual blessings equivalent to the amount of letters of Surah Yaseen."
(Qurtubi)

5) Hadrat Maqil ibn Yasaar radiyallahu anhu reports that the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam has said, "Recite Surah Yaseen on those who are dying."
(Abu Dawood)

6) Hadrat Ummud Darda radiyallahu anhu reports the Noble Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam saying, "Over no person who is about to die and Surah Yaseen is read upon them but Allah Ta'ala lightens the difficulties of death for him."
(Qurtubi)

7) Hadrat Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu says that the Messenger of Allah sallallahu alaihe wasallam has said, "Whoever recites Surah Yaseen at night seeking the pleasure of Allah Ta'ala, that night he will be forgiven."
(Abu Nuaym)

8) Umm ul-Mu'mineen A'isha radiyallahu anha reports Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam saying, "Indeed in the Noble Qur'aan there is a Surah, for its reading will intercede and will be a means of forgiveness for its listener. Listen carefully, it is Surah Yaseen, in the Torah it is called Muimmah."

It was enquired, "O' Messenger of Allah, what is Muimmah?"

Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam replied, "It contains for its reader the benefits of this world, it removes from him the dread of the next life, and it is called Dafiah and Qadhiyah."

Again it was enquired, "How is this Surah Dafiah and Qadhiyah?"

Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam replied, "It takes away from its reader all afflictions and fulfills his need. Whoever recites it, it will be made equal to twenty pilgrimages. Whoever shall listen to it, it will be as thousand dinars, which he has given as charity in the path of Allah. And whoever shall write it and then drink it, it will enter into his heart a thousand cures, a thousand radiant lights, a thousand times more increase in belief, a thousand mercies, a thousand blessings, a thousand times more increase in guidance, and will remove from him all gall and disease."
(Al-Tha'labi, Hakeem Tirmizi in Nawadrul Usoos)

9) Hadrat Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu reports the Messenger of Allah sallallahu alaihe wasallam saying, "Whoever recites Surah Yaseen on the eve of Friday he will be forgiven by morning."
(Qurtubi)

10) Hadrat Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu reports the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam saying, "Whoever recites Surah Yaseen at night he will be forgiven in the morning, and whoever recites that Surah Haameen in which Dukhaan is mentioned he will be forgiven in the morning."
(Abu Ya'la)

11) Hadrat Jundub ibn Abdullah radiyallahu anhu narrates that the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam has said, "Whoever reads Yaseen at night seeking the pleasure of Allah Ta'ala he is forgiven."
(Ibn Habbaan)

12) Hadrat Ibn Abbas radiyallahu anhu reports Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam saying, "My heart's desire is that Surah Yaseen should be present in the heart of every individual of my Ummah."
(Al-Bazzaar)

13) Yaha ibn Abi Kathir says, "This narration has reached me that whoever shall recite Yaseen at night, he remains content till morning and whoever shall recite it in the morning, he remains content till evening. And that person who has related this to me has also experienced this." Thalabi said, and Ibn Atiyah has mentioned this and Ibn Atiyah says, "Experience confirms this."

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 20th December 2010 13:19
Virtues Of Surah Mu'minoon

Ibn Mas'ud (radiAllahu anhu) recited (Surah al Mu'minun from verse 115 to 118) in the ear of an afflicted person and the man was cured. The Prophet (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said, 'What did you reicte in his ear?' Ibn Mas'ud (radiallahu anh) told him, and the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, 'By He in Whose hand lies my soul, Were a believing man to recite it over a mountain, it would have melted.'
[Fath al Qadir 3/502]

+1 -0Like x 1

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What shape is the red shape ('round' is not a shape)?