» O Allah Please forgive me of my sins.
96%
23 members | 0 guests
» I'm a good person, I dont Sin. (Liar)
5%
1 members | 0 guests
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
sweetmuslimahk1, abu mohammed, Seifeddine-M, Naqshband66, mujaddid313, Taalibah, Abu Taalib Deobandi, Acacia, umar123, AishaZaynap, Jinn, silentpearl
3 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Muftisays Forum
Brother
#46 [Permalink] Posted on 20th August 2013 11:05
report post quote code quick quote reply
+6 -0Like x 3Winner x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#47 [Permalink] Posted on 5th September 2013 14:41
Allamah Aaloosi r.a. says,

"Allah has granted the ability to make tawbah (repentance) from the heavens so that he may while on earth, repent In the court of Allah Subhaanuhuwata'aala."

We have now come to realize that the tawfeeq (divine guidance) of tawbah is a heavenly gift; one who ignores it and carries on sinning is nothing but an international donkey.

Shaykh Hakeem Muhammad Akhtar Saheb
+3 -0Like x 2Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#48 [Permalink] Posted on 15th September 2013 13:25
"Shaytaan said, 'By the Lord, I will continue to mislead the children of Adam (A) as long as their souls are in their bodies.' The Lord Almighty said, 'I will continue to forgive them as long as they seek my forgiveness.'"
Hadith narrated in Ahmed
+2 -0Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#49 [Permalink] Posted on 6th December 2013 01:17

On the authority of Shaddad ibn Aws, may Allah be pleased with him, the Prophet, Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Aalihi Wa Sallam, said,

The chief of prayers for forgiveness is:
(Sayyidul Istighfar)

Allahumma anta rabbee la ilaha illa anta, khalaqtanee wa-ana ‘abduka, wa-ana ‘alaa ‘ahdika wawa’dika mas-tata’tu, a’oothu bika min sharri ma sana’tu, aboo-o laka bini’matika ‘alaya, wa-aboo-o bizambee, faghfir lee, fa-innahu la yaghfiruz-zunooba illa ant.

‘O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshiped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise [to honor it] as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I committed. I acknowledge Your favor upon me and I acknowledge my sin, so forgive me, for verily none can forgive sins except You.’

The Prophet, Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Aalihi Wa Sallam, added,
“If somebody recites it during the day with firm faith in it and dies on the same day before the evening, he will be from the people of Paradise and if somebody recites it at night with firm faith in it and dies before the morning he will be from the people of Paradise.”
[Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 75, Number 318]

1. Save as Image:

2.Video for this Dua:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rW1Jaqtk3U

Youtube Video

+6 -0Like x 5Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#50 [Permalink] Posted on 5th April 2014 12:28
Fear your sins more than your enemies
-Umar bin Khattab رضي الله عنه
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#51 [Permalink] Posted on 5th April 2014 17:23
Jinn wrote:
View original post

MashAllah.

Today we are more concerned with our enemies rather than our sins, conveniently oblivious to the fact that it is our sins which is the very cause of the humiliating subjugation by our enemies.

Erase the sins, and Allah (azza wa jal) will restore our supremacy and will cast fear into the hearts of our enemies.
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
London
Brother
#52 [Permalink] Posted on 25th May 2014 13:11
Jinn wrote:

Ten phrases that easily lead to Paradise

Ten different phrases that are short, easy, and light, but will give you what no eye has seen, no hear has heard, and what no mind has imagined.

Enjoy (and implement):

1 - "Whoever says: 'Glorified is Allah, the Most Great, and praised is He' [Subhan Allah al-'Adhim wa bi-Hamdih] will have a date palm planted for him in Paradise."

['Sahih al-Jami''; # 5531]

2 - "Whoever is stricken with sadness, grief, sickness or hardship and says: 'Allah is my Lord, without any partners' [Allahu Rabbi, la sharika lah], then it will be removed from him."

['Sahih al-Jami''; # 6040]

3 - "Whoever ate something, then said: 'Praise be to Allah who has fed me this food and provided it for me, without any strength or power on my part' [al-Hamdu lillah aladhi at'amani hadha wa Razaqnih bi ghayr hawlin minni wa la quwwa] is forgiven his past and future sins. And whoever wears a garment and says: 'Praise be to Allah who has clothed me with this garment and provided it for me without any strength or power on my part' [al-Hamdu lillah aladhi kasani hadha at-thawb wa Razaqnih bi ghayr hawlin minni wa la quwwa] is forgiven his past and future sins."

['Sahih al-Jami''; # 6086]

4 - "Whoever enters the marketplace and says: 'There is none worthy of worship except Allah who has no partners, for Him is the Dominion, and for Him is all Praise, He brings life and He causes death, and He is Alive and does not die, in His Hand is all good, and He is able to do all things,' [La ilaha ill-Allah, Wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-Mulk, wa lahul-Hamd, yuhyiyy wa yumit, wa Huwa Hayyun la yamut, bi Yadihil-Khayr wa Huwa 'ala kulli shay'in Qadir] then Allah will write one million good deeds for him, and will wipe away one million of his bad deeds, and will raise him one million levels and will build a home for him in Paradise."

['Sahih al-Jami''; # 6231]

5 - "Whoever controls his anger when he is able to act upon it, then Allah will call him to come in front of all of the Creation so that he would let him choose from the Hur al-'Ayn and marry from them whomever he pleases."

['Sahih al-Jami''; # 6518]

6 - "Whoever asks Allah for Paradise three times [Allahumma inni as'aluk al-Jannah], then Paradise will say: "O Allah! Enter him into Paradise!" And whoever seeks protection with Allah from the Fire three times [Allahumma najjini min an-Nar], the Fire will say: "O Allah! Protect him from the Fire!""

[Reported by at-Tirmidhi, and it is authentic]

7 - "Whoever seeks forgiveness for the believing men and the believing women, Allah writes for him - for every believing man and woman - a good deed."

[Reported by at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah, and Ahmad, and it is authentic]

8 - 'Abdullah bin Mas'ud said: "Whoever reads 'al-Mulk' (chapter 67 of the Qur'an) every night, Allah will protect him from the torment of the grave. At the time of the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him), we used to call it al-mani'ah (that which protects). In the Book of Allah, it is a chapter which - whoever recites it every night - has done very well."

['Sahih at-Targhib wat-Tarhib'; # 1475]

9 - "Whoever asks Allah sincerely for martyrdom [Allahumma inni as'aluk ash-shahadah], Allah will cause him to reach the status of the martyrs even if he dies in his bed."

['Sahih al-Bukhari'; # 1909]

10 - "No one witnesses that there is none worthy of worship but Allah and that I am Allah's Messenger - truthfully, from his heart - except that Allah makes the Fire of Hell forbidden to touch him."

[Reported by Muslim, Ahmad, and al-Bayhaqi]

See original thread
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#53 [Permalink] Posted on 11th May 2015 12:23
A virtue of abundant istighfar (seeking forgiveness)

Question
Is the following Hadith authentic?

Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said:
“If anyone constantly seeks pardon (from Allah), Allah will appoint for him a way out of every distress and a relief from every anxiety, and will provide sustenance for him from where he expects not.”

Answer
Imams Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah (rahimahumallah) and others have recorded this narration on the authority of Sayyiduna ‘Abdullah Ibn ‘Abbas (radiyallahu ‘anhuma).

(Sunan Abi Dawud, Hadith: 1518, Sunan Ibn Majah, Hadith: 3819)

Hafiz Ibn Hajar (rahimahullah) has declared the above Hadith as sound (hasan)

(Al Amalil Mutlaqah, pg. 251. Also see Hidayatur Ruwat, vol. 2 pg. 448, Hadith: 2278)

This Hadith is further supported by numerous verses of the Holy Quran which explain the benefits of istighfar. Among them are the following:

1) Then I said, ‘Ask forgiveness of your Rabb. Indeed, He is ever a Perpetual Forgiver. He will send torrential rain, increase your wealth and children and provide you with gardens and rivers’
(Surah Nuh. Verses: 10-12)

2) ‘Seek forgiveness from your Rabb and repent to Him, He will grant you good provision, for an appointed term’

(Surah Hud. Verse: 3)

And Allah Ta’ala Knows best

Answered by: Moulana Suhail Motala

Approved by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#54 [Permalink] Posted on 13th June 2019 12:37
The du'a, 'O Allah! Your forgiveness is vaster than my sins'

Question

Please authenticate the following Hadith:
Jabir (radiyallahu 'anhu) narrates that once a person came in the company of Nabi (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) and said, "My sins, my sins!" So Rasulullah (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said to him, 'Say:
Allahumma maghfiratuka awsa'u min dhunubi, wa rahmatuka arja 'indi min 'amali
(O Allah! Your forgiveness is vaster than my sins, and I am more hopeful of Your mercy than my good deeds)'
So the person said the words taught to him, and then Nabi (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) told him to repeat it twice more, which he did. Thereafter, Rasulullah (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said, 'Go, for verily Allah has forgiven you!'"

Answer
Imam Hakim and Imam Bayhaqi (rahimahumallah) have recorded this Hadith.
(Mustadrak Hakim, vol. 1 pg. 543/544 and Shu'abul Iman, Hadith: 6724)

'Allamah Munawi (rahimahullah) has graded the chain sound (hasan).
(At Taysir, vol. 2 pg. 198. Also see: Targhib, vol. 2 pg. 472 and Al Adhkar: 1187)

Arabic text of the du'a:
اللهُمَّ مَغْفِرَتُكَ أَوْسَعُ مِنْ ذُنُوبِي وَرَحْمَتُكَ أَرْجَى عِنْدِي مِنْ عَمَلِي

And Allah Ta'ala Knows best.

Answered by: Moulana Suhail Motala

Approved by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar
No post ratings
#55 [Permalink] Posted on 30th July 2019 23:33
Only true tawbah removes calamities. Maariful Qur'an tafseer explains conditions:

It is necessary to repent from every sin. If the offense involves the Right of Allah, not a human, then there are three condition to be met in order that repentance be accepted by Allah سبحانه و تعالى

(1) Acknowledging one's sin as a sin, being ashamed of it and feeling remorseful.

(2) Giving up the sin altogether.

(3) Making up one's mind firmly never to indulge in it again.

If any one of these three elements is missing, the tawbah is not genuine. Thus, it is not enough for one's salvation merely to utter the words of repentance, unless the words are supported by remorse for the sins committed in the past, abstinence from them in the present and determination of not giving way to them in the future.

But if the sin involves a human's right, it requires a fourth condition, i.e., to absolve onself from such right. If it is a property, he should return it to its rightful owner. If it is slandering or backbiting, one should ask the pardon of the offended.

(Maariful Qur'an)
+0 -0Like x 2
#56 [Permalink] Posted on 8th August 2019 08:32
"And whatever strikes you of disaster – it is for what your hands have earned; although He overlooks much." (42:30)

"And verily, We will make them taste of the near lighter torment prior to the greater torment." (32:21)

Ibn Abbas said,

"The near torment means diseases and problems in this world, and the things that happen to its people as a test from Allah to His servants so that they will repent to Him."

(Tafsir Ibn Kathir)
+0 -0Like x 1
#57 [Permalink] Posted on 15th August 2019 06:47
Ibn al-Qayyim reported: Ali ibn Abi Talib, may Allah be pleased with him, said,

“A trial is not sent down but due to a sin, and it is not lifted but with repentance (from that sin).”

al-Jawāb al-Kāfī 1/74
No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What shape is the red shape ('round' is not a shape)?