» Quality Islamic Education
0%
0 members | 0 guests
» Muslims Primary Schools in UK
0%
0 members | 0 guests
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2016 19:57
Aslaamu Alaykum

We are planning to relocate and looking for a decent city/area to live. Kids quality Islamic education is first priority. So far I have looked at following cities

1 - Walsall
2 - Blackburn
3 - Leicester
4 - Leeds

I`ll be commuting on weekly basis for job from UK to Europe and it will take a bit of time for me to get a decent job in UK so I need to make sure that area is secure and my wife can easily go out in Hijaab without any fear. Home Schooling is not a good option for us as my wife have health issues. In`sha Allah, my wife also planning to take Quran Tajweed classes and learn Deen.

Any advise will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Ahmad
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2016 20:18
Out of those mentioned Leicester has the most number of notable Ulemah and Mashaykh Mufti ibn Adam al Kawthari, Shaykh Riyadh Ul Haq, Shaykh Muhammad al Sindhi, Shaykh Saleem Dhorat, Maulana Imran Mogra, are all from Leiceister.

Also should not have problem finding classes for Sisters wanting to learn Deen and Tajwid.

In all the Cities mentioned you will find Sisters wearing Hijab.

Blackburn also has facilities.

Out of those mentioned I would probably avoid Leeds, probably has less facilties then the others and a higher crime rate, then the rest.

+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2016 22:40
Jazak Allah Khair for your kind response.

Any recommendations for good Islamic primary schools?

Leicester International School (Independent Mulsim School) - any reviews about this school ?

I have to travel frequently on weekly basis and it will take approx. take 1.5 - 2 hrs in reaching Leicester from Birmingham Airport unless there is any other fast connection??

Any recommendation about the housing?

Jazak Allah
Ahmad

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 6th March 2016 00:16
I am not from Leicester and I am not sure if we have any regular posters here who are from Leicester. Best option would be to establish some sort of contacts within the city you wish to live.

How ever as far as Education goes Maulana Imran Mogra, as well as being a professor at Birmingham City University has also designed and runs a teacher training programme for muslim teachers he is an expert in the field of education and modern teaching methods since this is his favourite area he would be a good person to seek advice from.

You can try phoning him or e-mailing him ..... Here are his contact details on the University website www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3...

Incidentally here is a lecture of his on Tarbiyyah of Children ... youtu.be/YGdd69eD1Tc

I had a relative who relocated to the U.K. from Europe, he was in a similar situation were his wife relocated permanently and he was commuting back and forth for about a year. His wife found it quite lonely and took a while for her to adjust. Adjustment period is probably going to be most challenging and most stressful so something to take into consideration.

Someone I worked with used a two stage period of re-location that is they initially moved to a city were they had relatives and friends for support and once they had made the adjustment and familiarized themselves
with the U.K. after about year or so relocated to a different city which they felt would be more suitable.

Anyways hopefully other members of this forum will be of greater help In Sha ALLAH.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 6th March 2016 11:42
If you are looking for a deeni environment then Leicester and Blackburn may be the best. Taking. Into consideration the fact that you have to go to Europe for work, i would say Leicester is the better option. Houses are cheaper in Blackburn.
Depends what you priotise, both good options insha'Allah.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 6th March 2016 15:02
In terms of airport, cant you travel from East Midlands airport?
This is very close to Leicester.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 6th March 2016 16:29

wonder wrote:
View original post

W-Salam,

Please PM me and I will give you phone or email and can provide you the information based on your kids etc.

Jzk

No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'ABC' written in?