Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd October 2015 15:03
Hadhrat Maulana Ashraf Ali Thaanvi (rahmatullah alayh) said:

"Once in a village a man climbed to the top of a tall date palm tree. once on top, he realized that he was unable to climb down. All the villagers gathered by the tree to formulate a plan to bring the man down, but they failed to devise a plan. The villagers called their wiseman and sought his opinion. When the wiseman arrived, he intently surveyed the situation, with a prolonged gaze to the top of the tree. Then he suddenly nodded his head to indicate that he has hit on the solution.

He ordered the people to bring a long rope. After he made a loop, he instructed them to throw to the man stranded ontop of the tree. When the man on top caught the rope, the wiseman instructed him to tie it securely around his waist. After the rope was tied, the wiseman instructed the villagers to give a mighty tug. All together tugged at the rope. Down came the man. His brains and bones were smashed.

In consternation the people wailed: ‘He is dead’. The wiseman responded: "He died because of his fate. I had pulled to safety in this way many people who had fallen into wells." The intelligentsia of this age are of this hue.

They resort to corrupt reasoning, the consequence of which is ruin. If a man requires proper knowledge and practice, the only way is to appoint someone among the living to be the guide and leader. Mere book knowledge is insufficient. I have seen many people of knowledge stumbling into deviation. When they have not understood what reality is, how can they guide others?"

The reason for all trouble on earth, is that people have lost sight of their Lord’s Will behind all events. They have lost sight of the hand of the One Who is testing them through those events. They have stopped seeing events as tests from their Lord. Therefore they continue failing those tests. "
report post quote code quick quote reply
+5 -0Like x 4Winner x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 19th November 2015 14:37
one of the things ive noticed over the past few years and again in the past few days is the constant free reign of opinions as opposed to facts

especially when muslims or muslim orgs are in the media they often say things like "i think" or "maybe" when asked about issues not necessarily in their remit or scope
many a time again stating rumours ,feelings not facts

i believe our muslim brothers/sisters and orgs need media training and some measure of elocution and debate or dialogue techniques

they often claim to represent many muslims and their opinions,without disclaimers
this umbrella representation is arrogant and annoying

as ive said repeatedly and elsewhere we have to communicate and be clear in a much more professional manner than ever before

that includes myself

one of the most annoying things now is on the subject/causes of terrorism,simplifying it into cliches and well worn statements..
and speaking about it as a wholly muslim issue which it is not

no one represents me but myself
and my views and opinions are mine alone

and whoever "they" are,you do not need to speak for me ,thank you

please state facts not opinions or "feelings"
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What shape is the green shape ('box' is not a shape)?